Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,175 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Why Understanding The Bible May Seem Difficult - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Understanding The Bible May Seem Difficult (671 Views)

What To Do When You Find It Difficult To Forgive Someone / How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Understanding The Bible May Seem Difficult by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 17, 2017
I hear so many people complain that despite having the abilities to understand other books, understanding the bible pose problem to them. I know how it feels and have walked in their shoes and can tell you authoritatively that understanding the bible is strictly divine (Luke 24:45).

Some having read the bible with their own understanding and wisdom conclude that the bible is false or has so many contradictions but this beyond all reasonable doubt is not true because the bible is the truth and has no contradiction, not even one. I have read many books but have never read any book as truthful as the Holy Bible and while other books that I have read only informed me, only the Holy Bible could actually transform me.

Studying the bible with your own understanding could be devastating and will disappoint you because only God himself supplies the understanding of His word. The Bible was written by divine inspiration ( 2 Timothy 3:16). It is the words of God himself and He is the author of the bible and He has reserved the understanding of His word through the bible for only those who come to Him through Jesus. Unless you become born again and accept Jesus into your heart you may continue having problem understanding the scriptures.

It is a big calamity for a man having read the whole books in the world and has bagged the whole doctorates and professorate but yet lacks basic understanding of the most important book of the world. You read it right, the bible may be one of the cheapest book in the market but it's definitely the most important book on the planet. So many people get their strength from the bible and it can't taken from them because it's somewhere hidden inside their heart.

When you gain divine understanding for the scriptures, you will gain understanding for other books as well including your academic books which will become a walk over and will become very easy to understand. Before this day, I lacked understanding of the scriptures and I tried all I could to understand it but to no avail and this lead me to fall prey to false doctrines which is being circulated by religion. But by God grace having found Jesus, my understanding the of scriptures has accelerated and improves daily.

The bible is like puzzle which only a divine wisdom can fix. If you have problem understanding the Bible or you find contradictions in it, it is because you haven’t found Jesus to unlock your understanding of the scriptures. If you genuinely give your life to Christ and continually ask for wisdom and understanding of the scriptures in prayer, you will get them and other books you read will become very easy to understand.

It is the desire of God to give you all your heart desires if only you yield to His word and repent from your sins but the problem is that we sometimes delay our repentance until it is too late. Just repent from your sins and give Jesus a chance by asking Him to come into your heart and your understanding for the scriptures and other books will skyrocket and as you do this remain blessed in Jesus name, Amen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Understanding The Bible May Seem Difficult by hopefulLandlord: 11:33am On Jan 17, 2017
so, you're saying you need the holy spirit to understand the bible well

how come two people being guided by the holy spirit - who said he's going to reveal the real truth to anyone he's with - can read the same Bible and get 2 totally different and contradictory interpretations from it?

is the holy spirit lying to one of them? OR is one (or both) of them actually lying to themselves?

3 Likes

Re: Why Understanding The Bible May Seem Difficult by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 17, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
so, you're saying you need the holy spirit to understand the bible well

how come two people being guided by the holy spirit - who said he's going to reveal the real truth to anyone he's with - can read the same Bible and get 2 totally different and contradictory interpretations from it?

is the holy spirit lying to one of them? OR is one (or both) of them actually lying to themselves?
No one is given the whole correct interpretations of the scriptures at a time or overnight. Your ability to understand the scriptures all depends on your fullness of the Holy Spirit and everyone has his or her different degree of the fullness of the Holy Spirit, it all depends on how close you're to God and how mature your are in your Christian faith and maturity comes with time and devotion and the more mature you are in spirit, the better you will able to understand and interpret the scriptures correctly.
Re: Why Understanding The Bible May Seem Difficult by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 17, 2017
Jesuobu:
No one is given the whole correct interpretations of the scriptures at a time or overnight. Your ability to understand the scriptures all depends on your fullness of the Holy Spirit and everyone has his or her different degree of the fullness of the Holy Spirit, it all depends on how close you're to God and how mature your are in your Christian faith and maturity comes with time and devotion and the more mature you are in spirit, the better you will able to understand and interpret the scriptures correctly.

You mean there is different degree of truth/correct interpretation.

Holy Spirit will reveal less correct interpretation to some people and more correct interpretation to another

2 Likes

Re: Why Understanding The Bible May Seem Difficult by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 17, 2017
oluwaseyi000:

Holy Spirit will reveal less correct interpretation to some people and more correct interpretation to another
it all depends on how sensitive you're to Him. Everyone has is own degree of sensitivity to the Holy Spirit like I said before and your sensitivity to Him all depends on How you develop your relationship with Him.

The Holy Spirit is the one who teach us the scriptures (John 14:26) and gives us the right interpretations but how you sense His interpretations all depends on how developed you spiritual sense organs are.
Re: Why Understanding The Bible May Seem Difficult by hopefulLandlord: 8:05pm On Jan 17, 2017
oluwaseyi000:

I tire o

I just decided not to make this a back and forth discussion cuz I can see OP is targeting the sheep

1 Like

Re: Why Understanding The Bible May Seem Difficult by wolesmile(m): 8:16pm On Jan 17, 2017
Jesuobu you mean one needs the holy spirit understanding the Bible? Now how would you feel if I talk about devine knowledge in understanding other scriptures? e.g the Qur'an

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Understanding The Bible May Seem Difficult by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 17, 2017
Jesuobu:
it all depends on how sensitive you're to Him. Everyone has is own degree of sensitivity to the Holy Spirit like I said before and your sensitivity to Him all depends on How you develop your relationship with Him.

The Holy Spirit is the one who teach us the scriptures (John 14:26) and gives us the right interpretations but how you sense His interpretations all depends on how developed you spiritual sense organs are.

what did the holy spirit has to gain by giving people less-correct interpretation?

1 Like

Re: Why Understanding The Bible May Seem Difficult by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 17, 2017
wolesmile:
Jesuobu you mean one needs the holy spirit understanding the Bible? Now how would you feel if I talk about devine knowledge in understanding other scriptures? e.g the Qur'an
if I don't know anything about other scriptures like the Qur'an, then I can't say anything about it. I only give opinions on the once I know about because I personally experience it.
Re: Why Understanding The Bible May Seem Difficult by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 17, 2017
oluwaseyi000:

what did the holy spirit has to gain by giving people less-correct interpretation?
The Holy Spirit is the spirit of God and can communicate and bears witness with our own spirit(Romans 8:16). That clearly means that we have a spirit inside us that interacts with the Holy Spirit. Just like a baby is born and will need to feed on milk to grow, so also our own spirit being is born when we become born again and will need to feed on "milk" also to grow and this milk is the words of God(1 Peter 2:2).

As a baby spirit in Christ, you are born with immature sense organs just the same way a baby is born with immature eyes and ears in humans and unable to understand what the parent tell the baby.

In our spirit birth, our sense organs is too immature to sense every thing the Holy Spirit tell us but as we feed on the words of God from the Holy Bible, our spirit being grow and the sense organs develop as well.

Some have grown in the spirit while some are still immature with less developed sense organs. The once that have grown fully with developed sense organs are the once that can hear the Holy Spirit clearly and understand whatever He says or any interpretation He gives but the immatures ones with immature sense organs like the ear will hear what the Holy Spirit say but will be unable to understand it and will misinterpret it just the same way the baby hears what the mother says but doesn't understand it and does something different from what he is told .

(1) (Reply)

What Does This Dream Mean? / What A Dream!!! / Apostle Johnson Suleiman: Bible Views On Self Defense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.