Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? (19771 Views)

Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? / FG Begins Online Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians / When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 18, 2017
It's just plain ignorance, marketing is the best job for any graduate, requires no special skills, there's free movement and freedom of execution.
You cant be a CEO or business owner if you re afraid of marketing.

All CEO's do marketing, its compulsory. cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by galax1: 1:25pm On Jan 18, 2017
Wow marketing is my hobby joor d first target given to me in my 1st job was 900million naira.......thought it was a lieing competition

1 Like

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Ezionye(f): 1:42pm On Jan 18, 2017
pocohantas:
I don't think people really hate marketing that much, it's the abuse of its job function that's dreaded.

*Targets are most times difficult or impossible to meet. No one likes the idea of his/her career growth being tied to such.

*Nigerians are not even open to new products. The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know mindset, before you say a word...they'll say they're not interested. (e.g) You have been eating Indomie Noodles for decades and I come to market John Smith Noodles to you, will you budge?

*The products being marketed are most times not competitive enough. You send marketers to go market a product at the same price with competitive brands. The marketers are asked the usual, what will you people give me? They become dumb. No significant difference in the price or services to convince buyers and customers to make that switch to your product.

*Harassment: the guys are scared of not meeting targets because they don't have breast and bumbum. The girls on their part are scared of donating their vaginas. Some men won't subscribe to your services out of their good mind.

Spot on

Btw most pple may not have one major quality for the marketing job which is ability to lie perfectly
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by vislabraye(m): 1:43pm On Jan 18, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

But I have been in the marketing department for close to four years now undecided

If you are not good... you are not good.

Marketing is a skill... not an option.

I read Engineering but ditched it for my beloved marketing.

Go to my CV and see all the roles I have handled. From Sales Associate to Marketing Analyst to Business Development to Business Analyst. So the list continues. If you don't have the skill... you don't have the skill.

Sometimes they give me a target of 8 million per month cheesy. I meet up at least half which is a PASS mark!

P.S. I don't work on commission oo cheesy

Oho... .na now you talk
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by vislabraye(m): 1:44pm On Jan 18, 2017
Ezionye:

Spot on

Tell us your marketing experience grin
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Donpizzle(m): 1:44pm On Jan 18, 2017
Diplomaticbeing:
The hidden truth is that about 98 percent of Nigerian employees are more concerned about what they can get from any organization instead of how they can help better such an organization. This is the simple reason the majority always wishes for the "assumed" hassle free positions - even when they lack the mental skill and good morality to such exalted roles.

We too like to reap where we aren't ready to sow - no wonder predators in the guise of religious leaders and ponzi schemes lives large off us.

Not true. You keep marketing hoping for promotion or some better renumeration, but the ogas just fix their kids at the top like no man's business. if the top positions are meant for their kids. Let their kids also do the marketing.....period
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by BiafranBushBoy: 1:46pm On Jan 18, 2017
vislabraye:

Oho... .na now you talk

Why should I work on commission before? Lol
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Ezionye(f): 1:47pm On Jan 18, 2017
vislabraye:

Tell us your marketing experience grin

I dnt have any. I avoid it like a plague.
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Pinkieblue(f): 1:49pm On Jan 18, 2017
Apply Now For Financial Planner/Markerting Executive Job At Cornerstone Insurance Plc. Cornerstone Insurance Plc is the first insurance company in Nigeria to provide customers with an online platform for insurance transactions.

Little wonder why Cornerstone Insurance Plc. was adjudged as the ‘Best Use of IT in Insurance Service’ 2013, by the Financial Technology Magazine and also Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry Awards for ‘Best Online Insurance Company of the Year’ 2015 to name a few.

In line with our growth and expansion plan, we require energetic, result oriented, self-motivated and focused individuals to fill the vacant position below:

Job Title: Financial Planner/Markerting Executive
Requirements

We are seeking for highly self motivated individuals with OND/NCE/HND/B.sc as financial planner/Marketing Executives.
Successful candidates would be trained to offer our wide range of product and services to both old and exiting customers.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: bucherecruitment@gmail.com ... Please forward this message to help those in need of a job. Thank you
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by vislabraye(m): 1:51pm On Jan 18, 2017
Ezionye:

I dnt have any. I avoid it like a plague.

You look like a marketer. wink
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Ezionye(f): 1:58pm On Jan 18, 2017
vislabraye:

You look like a marketer. wink

Funny bt I dnt think so
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by manikspears: 2:14pm On Jan 18, 2017
menwongo:

Leave am he want form internet guru.
i fear o cheesy
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by buwanhot(m): 2:14pm On Jan 18, 2017
Learn how to be a great salesman.

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by xcellinking(m): 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2017
Lol.. Marketing in itself is a calling grin . More like a gift. Some people are gifted in it but not me. I can't even convince my own shadow talk less of convincing people. embarassed

Plus the job role is sth else. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by DICKtator: 2:45pm On Jan 18, 2017
If I can meet a marketing target of 200 million or even meet half of my targets on a monthly basis, wouldn't it be logical for me to become an entrepreneur. Since I am that good at convincing people to part with their money,why not market a product that I know all the profit and commission would come to me and no one else?

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by DICKtator: 2:54pm On Jan 18, 2017
kaeforum:
It's just plain ignorance, marketing is the best job for any graduate, requires no special skills, there's free movement and freedom of execution.

You really think communication skill isn't a special skill?
You really think prospecting, cold calling ,using FAB techniques are no special skills?
You owe all Marketing graduates an apology for typing that. And in reference to CEOs and what have you,I believe this thread has to do with those that marketing is their core competency ,like a full time job meaning that 100% of their time and skills are used in sealing deals(this is actually sales). While in most organization, everyone is referred to as a marketer (directly or indirectly),it is not, for instance the IT department, their area of core competence which would be used for appraisal purpose.

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by xcellinking(m): 2:59pm On Jan 18, 2017
DICKtator:
If I can meet a marketing target of 200 million or even meet half of my targets on a monthly basis, wouldn't it be logical for me to become an entrepreneur. Since I am that good at convincing people to part with their money,why not market a product that I know all the profit and commission would come to me and no one else?

grin grin grin grin

your head is valid grin
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 18, 2017
bring back our marketers grin
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Longcucumber(m): 3:26pm On Jan 18, 2017
Medley:
In this social media and internet age, do you need to walk the street
day there day decieve yaself.
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by championer: 3:43pm On Jan 18, 2017
kaeforum:

Exactly my thought...well said
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by imoh070: 3:43pm On Jan 18, 2017
Medley:
Why do most unemployed Nigerians want Job but reject marketing jobs at all cost?

I have always asked myself this question, and it seems to baffle reasoning that even in the dearth of Jobs for fresh graduate and entry level position In Nigeria it’s not the same with marketing jobs as they are a lot of new advert daily looking to massively employ graduate with little or no experience and are ready to train them but many unemployed Nigeria will never even apply for a marketing Job even if it pays double of their current earnings.

The branch manager of that bank you crave to be in his position must have vast experience in marketing and no organisation will make anybody the branch manager if the person has not been a marketer before. The first thing a Nigerian will say after seeing a new opening is – ‘I hope this is not a marketing job’ , ‘it’s a marketing job, don’t apply’ etc.

The dread for marketing jobs have persuaded major company to put up advert that are meant to deceive or disguise as a different kind of job to applicant not to know that they are actually applying for a marketing job until they arrive the company and are informed of the full job description of the position they are being interviewed and assessed for.

You will see job title like Customer service executive, client support executive, business development executive, relationship officer, client relationship executive etc. with job description that will never indicate that it is a marketing job and can only be deciphered by those that have this knowledge beforehand. It was not the case a decade ago, where marketing jobs come as marketing job and bear the title of marketing and the exact job description, what have changed.

It may not be far-fetched from poor working conditions, where unemployed are asked to use their money to mobilize for new and prospective customers and in some event where they are unable to close deals with new customers they won’t be paid salary or even commission. Most are also employed as contract staffs and this is someone that is supposed to be treated with good conditions since they are saddled with meeting with client that will remain with you for many decades even after they leave, some are not even provided with any means of transportation to meet new or old client.

I think they is more to this, why do you think most Nigerians flee marketing jobs, compared to my observation in other nations of the world.

my observation on http://naijamatterashedeyhot..com/2017/01/why-do-most-unemployed-nigerians-want.html

Oga,what's your point?
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Medley(m): 4:25pm On Jan 18, 2017
imoh070:

Oga,what's your point?
I think it will be very difficult for me to expatiate the issue at hand for you because you are the only one still in bewilderment seeking for assistance. May be you try more harder
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Medley(m): 5:18pm On Jan 18, 2017
buwanhot:

Offline marketing is very critical, if you are into B2B sales.
Thats very important
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Medley(m): 5:23pm On Jan 18, 2017
DICKtator:

grin grin grin grin
great insight. But hope you have a product that the demand will spiral a 200 million naira sales. Thats why someone must work for another

1 Like

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 18, 2017
For one of the reasons that most ladies would have to sell their bodies to a whole lot of different men just to meet a target
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Toks2008(m): 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2017
Because they are lazy..I made my first millions through marketting and marketing is the best way to make good money.

Very soon companies will no longer pay fixed salaries but will be comission based.
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by YTderin(f): 7:13pm On Jan 18, 2017
Deejacy2:
1) They dont take care of their staff

2) Unrealistic Targets

3) if you do not meet your target, they slash your meagre salary and cheat you.

4) They don't even pay well..and you walk under the sun and turn black
You read my mind, I and said exactly what I would have typed.
Its sad.... Really sad.
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Phunkyposh(f): 7:21pm On Jan 18, 2017
In the real sense, I it's Sales Representative and not marketing as its usually misconceived

1 Like

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 18, 2017
YTderin:

You read my mind, I and said exactly what I would have typed.
Its sad.... Really sad.
Yes ohh that's what we are suffering
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by charlesucheh(m): 7:29pm On Jan 18, 2017
If you truly want to know if marketing Jobs are tedious and frustrating, Try marketing with an INSURANCE COMPANY!!! BROS!!! Walahi you go run leave your suit.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Dindondin(m): 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2017
Medley:
In this social media and internet age, do you need to walk the street
Yes. Cos not everyone uses internet
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Eldee54321(m): 8:47pm On Jan 18, 2017
The work is stressful my guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja / Massive Vacancies At FHI 360: Apply Now!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.