Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja (19765 Views)

Best Steps For A Successful Job Hunting In Nigeria / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Some Fun While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by QuinModah(f): 3:26pm On Jul 02, 2023
Written by Ngozi Uloka

The year 2023 started on a tumultuous note for me, as I found myself resigning from my job without a replacement. The toxicity of the workplace had taken a toll on my well-being, and I knew I had to make a change. Little did I know that this decision would lead me on a rollercoaster ride through the streets of Abuja, in search of new opportunities. This is the story of how I faced adversity head-on, battled through joblessness, and ultimately discovered the power of faith, hope, and unexpected blessings.

Struggles and Survival:
As the days turned into weeks, and the weeks into months, I found myself in a constant state of uncertainty. March was a particularly challenging month, as my savings dwindled and I struggled to make ends meet. Basic necessities like getting a hairdo or buying skincare products became distant luxuries. I lived from hand to mouth, relying on the support of friends and family. It was a humbling experience, where every day felt like a battle against hunger, frustration, and despair.

A Beacon of Light:
During my self-imposed exile from the corporate world, I chanced upon the TIIDELab prefellowship and with a mix of excitement and apprehension, I applied and was granted admission TIIDELab became my guiding light in the midst of joblessness. Each day brought new knowledge, challenges, and the motivation to push beyond my limits. Depression and frustration, which had once consumed me, began to dissipate as I embraced the endless possibilities of the tech world.

Blessings and Breakthroughs:
In the darkest moments, when all hope seemed lost, I discovered the unwavering faithfulness of God. He began to orchestrate divine connections and send helpers my way, individuals who believed in my potential and offered assistance without me even asking. It was nothing short of miraculous. And then came the life-altering moments — a first-time airplane journey. It may seem insignificant to some, but for me, it symbolized breaking free from limitations and defying the odds. Moreover, I became the first in my nuclear family, and one of the few in my extended family, to experience air travel — a groundbreaking achievement that shattered generational barriers.

A Testament to God’s Faithfulness:
As my tech journey progressed, I constantly battled laptop issues. But in a beautiful twist of fate, I can proudly proclaim that I am now the owner of a MacBook, a gift bestowed upon me through the grace of God. It serves as a reminder that even in the face of challenges, God’s provision surpasses our expectations. It’s a testimony to the mantra I hold dear, “What God cannot do, does not exist!”

My journey through the rough terrains of joblessness and uncertainty has taught me invaluable lessons. It has shown me the resilience of the human spirit, the power of faith, and the blessings that await us on the other side of our struggles. Life may not always unfold as we anticipate, but if we persevere and trust in a higher power, miracles can happen.

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by merit455(m): 5:25pm On Jul 02, 2023
You Sabi speak English,but u no gey job..,how!!!

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by IyaTola: 5:30pm On Jul 02, 2023
grin
merit455:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by chuksanambra: 1:54am On Jul 03, 2023
Typical trash written by someone with nothing to offer upstairs. Na macbook and air ticket dey freak you? Such an intellectually barren fellow.

Tell us the skills which you learnt that got you a job. Then, tell us how you apply those skills.
Tell us how you've excelled and how others can learn from it, you are telling empty stories.

156 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by Robisky001(m): 7:03am On Jul 03, 2023
merit455:
😊 Una ermmmmm

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by Infinity7(m): 8:46am On Jul 03, 2023
chuksanambra:
Typical trash written by someone with nothing to offer upstairs. Na macbook and air ticket dey freak you? Such an intellectually barren fellow.

Tell us the skills which you learnt that got you a job. Then, tell us how you apply those skills.
Tell us how you've excelled and how others can learn from it, you are telling empty stories.

Oga, you don't have to be this Harsh. How would you like it if someone did this to you?

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by LostMyZeal(m): 9:05am On Jul 03, 2023
chuksanambra:

From the tone of her write up you can clearly see her inclinations towards divinity. So, this is more or less a testimony. Be kind with your words and shove the vile attitude

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by chuksanambra: 9:15am On Jul 03, 2023
LostMyZeal:

From the tone of her write up you can clearly see her inclinations towards divinity. So, this is more or less a testimony. Be kind with your words and shove the vile attitude

Then, it should be in the Religious section and not here. You are just being emotional, you didn't learn anything new from her writeup.

There was a time a popular female billionaire was invited to talk on career. She was just rambling about favour and grace and all what not with no single sensible mention of effort. Well, she was gifted her major money spinner, so she couldn't offer anything sensible.

Let's learn to say the truth in this country and stop celebrating mediocrity under the guise of grace.

108 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by chuksanambra: 9:16am On Jul 03, 2023
Infinity7:

Oga, you don't have to be this Harsh. How would you like it if someone did this to you?

Yes. Do it to me if I'm yarning dust.

Every success has a process. If someone cannot trace the process but is shouting grace, favour and all, you are dealing with a deceiver.

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by emmy512: 10:13am On Jul 03, 2023
chuksanambra:

Yes. Do it to me if I'm yarning dust.

Every success has a process. If someone cannot trace the process but is shouting grace, favour and all, you are dealing with a deceiver.
💯

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by OBTOREPA(m): 11:07am On Jul 03, 2023
Happy job hunting
Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by Hamachi(f): 11:08am On Jul 03, 2023
This is Divine

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by zolajpower: 11:08am On Jul 03, 2023
[quote author=QuinModah post=124166489][/quote]
shocked
Elizabeth so despite my warnings you still bring your problem to nairaland?
I Ve told you to hold on yet you won't hear me .....you are still doing the same mistake upandan. Last mistake you did was voting tinubu , I warned u then u said Emilokan has the magic waned now another one again don't post anything on nairalanad no one can help u rather they will insult u. 🙄
I promised to send you $1000 dollar to start a business yet all plea fell on deaf hears

2 Likes

Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by EKONGKING: 11:09am On Jul 03, 2023
Ramblings of a religious women.

5 Likes

Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by millionboi2: 11:09am On Jul 03, 2023
Na today

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by ehikwe22: 11:10am On Jul 03, 2023
Absolute nonsense. She didn't write anything just bunch of gibberish

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by Hambivert: 11:10am On Jul 03, 2023
In the darkest moments, when all hope seemed lost, I discovered the unwavering faithfulness of God.
This post is far from highlighting any form of job hunting experience or tale. Anyways, it's sad that it is often only in the time of trouble or lack that people remember or 'discover' the unwavering faithfulness of God. You mean you never discovered it until trouble came?
Very sad!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by afaridan(m): 11:10am On Jul 03, 2023
What do you think you have written now?

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by Ugaboy: 11:12am On Jul 03, 2023
This Race is not for the swift, or the smartest... Swears!!!
Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by johnoj24(m): 11:12am On Jul 03, 2023
Are you beautiful?, never allow your beauty to master you.
Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by Wodu89: 11:12am On Jul 03, 2023
chuksanambra:

How forceful are right words. Tueh !

Going by your attitude, you think you're better right? You're worse than you criticize, Ode

Before you imagine insulting me, I've employed atleast 500 freelancers over the past eight years and have never worked for anyone in real work environment, but I know how to address people respectfully

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by Nawttiboi007(m): 11:15am On Jul 03, 2023
So funny grin grin
Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by Hopefully2023: 11:15am On Jul 03, 2023
H
Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by TheVictorious(m): 11:16am On Jul 03, 2023
I will really appreciate it if you could share what skills you learned from that lab you talked about. Also, did you pay or was it on a scholarship basis... What were the selection criteria? Also, have you now gotten a job with it, and tell us about it? This could be of help to other people here in your situation seeking to transition too. While trusting the lord in faith, and praying, I'm sure there are one or two right steps they can learn to start taking from your experience, and mistakes to avoid too. Thanks and may God bless you.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 03, 2023
Not easy for a person to just relocate to Abuja without getting a job except if the person has a sugar daddy or mummy there.

Check the image below

Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by Zupay: 11:16am On Jul 03, 2023
chuksanambra:

Then, it should be in the Religious section and not here. You are just being emotional, you didn't learn anything new from her writeup.

There was a time a popular female billionaire was invited to talk on career. She was just rambling about favour and grace and all what not with no single sensible mention of effort. Well, she was gifted her major money spinner, so she couldn't offer anything sensible.

Let's learn to say the truth in this country and stop celebrating mediocrity under the guise of grace.

The creator of the thread went to pick up someone's write up and posted it here, do we blame the original writer?

2 Likes

Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by HateBigots: 11:16am On Jul 03, 2023
You need only WAEC to become president but for a job of #30k, employers will require BSc, NYSC, birth cert, police report even death certificate

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by Akeem79(m): 11:16am On Jul 03, 2023
Abuja is overrated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja by Ezemeiyogu(m): 11:17am On Jul 03, 2023
LostMyZeal:

😭

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank CBT / MTN Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / What Happened To Me When I Got A Big Pay Inventory Manager Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.