Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,908 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY (6552 Views)

6 Types Of People You’ll Find In A Typical Nigerian Church / Novel: Life Of A Celebrity Written By Onyeneke Abel / Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY by Nphzzycute(f): 10:47pm On Jan 21, 2017
Techhead:

Thanks. I appreciate it
you are welcome grin
Techhead:

Thanks. I appreciate it
you are welcome
Re: The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY by sirblero(m): 2:21pm On Jan 22, 2017
nice update...
#following...
Re: The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY by Nphzzycute(f): 6:51am On Jan 23, 2017
wink @techhead,come and update nah
wish you a blessed week ahead
Re: The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY by Techhead(m): 4:35pm On Jan 23, 2017
Nphzzycute:
wink
@techhead,come and update nah

wish you a blessed week ahead
Been so busy guys. So sorry I'll update tonight.
Re: The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY by xaviercasmir(m): 5:50pm On Jan 23, 2017
Techhead:
Been so busy guys. So sorry I'll update tonight.
is about time you update ooo
Re: The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY by Bankz007(m): 2:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
Great lines

1 Like

Re: The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY by Techhead(m): 9:37pm On Jan 24, 2017
PART 7

On getting to the faculty, the bottom floor of engineering faculty building seemed deserted, it was then I knew something was amiss. I quickly checked the notice board whether test centres had been pasted. Lo and behold, MTH112 had begun approximately 20 minutes ago and to make matters worse, the test centre was one I'd never heared of prior to that moment.

Instantly, I became unsettled as i began searching for the test centre. I was literally running from pillar to post as balls of sweat started trickling down my face. I decided to ask a particular lady I saw not too far from where i stood where ETF building was; what followed was a very stern look, a hiss, then she walked away. Perhaps her thought was that I was trying to 'toast' her. Even if i were to try to 'toast' a lady, it wont be that way as my favorite pickup line was 'Hello, i know your face but i cant remember where we met'. That line had a success rate of 70%. Reality crept back in as i felt dejected and frustrated still searching for the elusive ETF building. It wasnt until a good Samaritan finally offered to direct me to the ETF building that I discovered my Eldorado. I quickly thanked the Samaritan and hurried to the test hall.

As i approached the building, I cursed myself for not familiarizing myself enough with the school environment well enough. My stepping in to the class caused a major distraction as the whole hall burst into laughter.

The invigilator turned around, adjusted his spectacles and then he started starimg at me like I was some strange alien or some specimen under a microscope. I could read his mind perfectly that moment and I wished the ground would open and swallow me instantly.

They were already 40minutes into the exam as the invigilator was skeptical about allowing me write the test as the rule was that if one is 30minutes late to a test, he/she won't be allowed to write. By a stroke of luck, the invigilator handed me a question and answer sheet which I quickly grabbed. I located an empty seat at  the back end of the class set to begin my test but noticed my mates were still staring at me instead of battling with their test. Perhaps the answers were written on my forehead I thought.

I quickly scanned through the questions praying silently that they should be similar to the topics i prepared for. Luckily for me they were especially the ones that involved complex calcuations. I brought out my calculator to do some arithmetic but to my utter dismay, it refused to switch on. I tried every trick in the book; i slammed the calculator, took out the batteries and fixed them back in all to no avail. This resulted on slowing me down as i had to borrow calculators from willing lenders whenever i came across any complex arithmetic question. Once the invigilator spotted my antics, he shunned me warning me not to disturb others. I protested my innocence showing him my own calculator set; I mean I'd been using this calculator consistently without issues, but why it chose to fail me when I needed it the most was beyond me. 

The test wasn't as difficult as first feared except for my calculator deserting me. I was able to round up just in time as the invigilator screamed 'submit'. I hurriedly got up and made a case for my submission as I was the last to submit.

I got out of the hall wondering why my course mates never bothered to call me when I saw Sola walking towards me, he seemed angry at my lateness to the test hall. It was then I discovered I had misplaced my phone, but something else was terribly wrong.

To be continued.

Don't forget to drop your comments.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY by xaviercasmir(m): 6:33am On Jan 25, 2017
nice one brother

1 Like

Re: The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY by Nphzzycute(f): 10:25am On Jan 25, 2017
[code][/code] winkkeep it up..nice update from you

1 Like

Re: The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY by Techhead(m): 5:08pm On Jan 25, 2017
Thanks guys. More to come
Re: The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY by sod09(m): 1:20pm On Jan 26, 2017
op... i just day look u.
taba is yaba nd nollywood is hollywood
so d sch is yct
Re: The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY by Techhead(m): 5:35pm On Jan 26, 2017
sod09:
op... i just day look u.
taba is yaba nd nollywood is hollywood
so d sch is yct
Hmmm...I just dey look you too.
Too many sharp niggas here sha. grin
Re: The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY by sod09(m): 7:06pm On Jan 26, 2017
Techhead:

Hmmm...I just dey look you too.
Too many sharp niggas here sha. grin
grin grin grin
Re: The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY by supizino(m): 9:24pm On Jan 26, 2017
abeg shey seat they here make i seat?
Re: The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY by Techhead(m): 9:51pm On Jan 26, 2017
supizino:
abeg shey seat they here make i seat?
Seat yapa. Welcome on board cool
Re: The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY by nastynic(m): 11:13am On Jan 27, 2017
Comes into cinema with a truck filled with cartons of smirnoff nd bags of popcorn.....

'Guys, container has landed grin '

abeg front seat!
Re: The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY by supizino(m): 1:07pm On Jan 27, 2017
guy update nah abi u wan make i run commot this thread ni
Re: The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY by Techhead(m): 6:02pm On Jan 27, 2017
supizino:
guy update nah abi u wan make i run commot this thread ni
No run bro.
Update coming tonight.
Re: The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY by Techhead(m): 7:37pm On Jan 27, 2017
PART 8

Sola was walking fast now with some sort of rage evident on his face. I wasn't sure whether he was angry at my lateness to class or maybe his test didn't go well. I also remembered the library incident last night and hoped another scenario wasn't going to play out.

He started pointing at my shirt while laughing hysterically. Prior to that time, i had never seen him so amused and when I looked to see the cause for his amusement, it turned out he was perfectly alright. I had worn the wrong side of my polo shirt and it was then I realized why my course mates were having a good laugh earlier at the test hall. I instantly felt ashamed, and infuriated at myself as I rushed to the nearest toilet to do some damage control.

My stomach was rumbling by now, so i headed to my favourite bukka; well, some people called it the village of food. Which when I heard first, I had a very poor mental picture that didn't correlate with reality. The Village of food was so small, yet had in stock any kind of food you could think of.

I headed to 'Oga Yellow's' Bukka my favorite spot as I ordered my favorite dish on the menu, introducing BlackBerry.
Blackberry (BB) was a code name for bread and beans. Nobody was sure who invented that name, but we all used it anyway. I was served and in several minutes, I devoured two large sized 'Agege' bread and a big bowl of beans.

With my appetite satisfied, i headed back to class and knew i was late for the next lecture and as a result I had to stand all through the lecture. I received the rest of the lectures for the day and headed back to the hostel for some rest.

As I got to the room and lied on my bed to relax., I was briefed about how Ade had been mistaken for the 'water-thief'. According to the narrator, the young man whom I stole from had sighted Ade carrying a pail of water and a fight ensued between them. Infact, it got so serious that the school authorities had to be involved in that case. I pretended not to know what was going on as a sense of guilt clouded around me. I started regretting my actions and as several thoughts began to race through my mind, I fell into a deep sleep. Then I had a dream.

To be continued.
Kindly drop your comments. Thanks.
Re: The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY by sod09(m): 6:15pm On Jan 28, 2017
Food village grin grin
Bb base!!

1 Like

Re: The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY by Techhead(m): 9:44pm On Jan 28, 2017
sod09:
Food village grin grin
Bb base!!
grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) / Fopefolu Memorial High School / Foxy-rebirth --- The Warriors Of The Delta (pidgin English)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.