Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,763 members, 7,831,451 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Help! My Girlfriend Did A Blood Oath With Her Ex - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help! My Girlfriend Did A Blood Oath With Her Ex (1218 Views)

My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend / Conversation Between A Tweeter & A 'Blood Money' Ritualist / Please Everyone Help With Dis Blood Oath Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Girlfriend Did A Blood Oath With Her Ex by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Please, I need advice from mature Christians about this worrisome issue. I started dating this beautiful 25 years old girl early last year and already planning to get married to her later this year. I love her because she has about 80% of the qualities I desire in a woman - pretty, humble, and modest, among other qualities. I have already told her my intention and she is happy because she loves me too.

Few days ago, she opened up to me that she did a blood oath with her first boyfriend, when she was about 19 years old. She said she has been desiring to tell me about it, but she have been afraid of how I would take it and if I will leave her. She said the ex talked her into it and she agreed because she was not mature at that time. She also stated that during the oath that they didn't say they must get married to each other. I asked what they said during the oath, and she say they didn't say anything.

She added that she told a close friend about the blood oath, and he took her to see a pastor in 2013 about the issue. She was still dating the same boy at this time but the relationship was already going weak as she noticed a lot of character flaws from the guy. According to her, she told her ex-boyfriend about meeting a pastor to break the oath and he gave his consent. The pastor prayed for her and told her to tell the guy to go to church for prayers too where he is, as she was in a different city at that time. She said she told him but she is sure that the guy never went to church for prayers.

My girlfriend said she believes the issue is oath is broken but she just had to tell me because she loves me. She opens up to me about a lot of issues. My concern however, is that:

1) I don't know how effective the said deliverance is, because she went for the deliverance prayer alone, whereas it was the two of them that got into the oath.

2) Even though I love her very much, I don't want to get married to a girl who has 'spiritual blood ties' with another man. Such could have far-reaching implications. However, I strongly believe in God's power to deliver an individual from any yoke.

3) Moving on from her would be difficult because I think we are compatible and I don't know if it will be easy to find another girl like her. True love is hard to find.

4) The said ex-boyfriend is still in communication with her and told her some months ago that he still loves her. She however told him that she has moved on and she is with someone she loves. Will he agree to go with her to do a 'proper deliverance', with both of them present for prayers?

I seem to be at a cross-road at the moment and don't really know the next step to take. I will really appreciate advice from mature christian folks.

Thanks
Re: Help! My Girlfriend Did A Blood Oath With Her Ex by Ten12(m): 2:22pm On Jan 17, 2017
Both of you should get born again first so that every old thing can pass away in your lives...its as simple as that....remember no kpanshin till after marriage
Re: Help! My Girlfriend Did A Blood Oath With Her Ex by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 17, 2017
This is strong
Re: Help! My Girlfriend Did A Blood Oath With Her Ex by benzics(m): 2:44pm On Jan 17, 2017
This is why religion and over spirituality is bad.

First of all, your girl is under no oath, blood oaths are just mere superstitions, they have zero effects on people.

Don't overthink something that is not true, don't let anyone poison your mind with unreal things, I know the religious will start telling you "pray this, pray that", but don't mind them, your girl is totally fine..

I don't have much to say, but you've got to throw over spirituality in the trash, go ahead with your marriage because there is no such thing as "spiritual blood ties" , don't let anyone instill fear in you..

cool

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Girlfriend Did A Blood Oath With Her Ex by lytech1(m): 2:48pm On Jan 17, 2017
People only die of what they know.

You wouldnt have think of anything if she didnt tell you(that puts the fear on you).

My brother,what is oath?
Did you believe in it?

Pretend you never heard such a thing from ur fiance and move on with the relationship..

African mentality sha....
Re: Help! My Girlfriend Did A Blood Oath With Her Ex by ammyluv2002(f): 2:52pm On Jan 17, 2017
Oma307:
This is strong
So strong! Just like Ten12 said...they should truly turn to God then break every spiritual ties she has with the guy. I understand his fears, but with God all things are possible. I also don't think ending the relationship it's the best thing to do, spiritual blood ties can be broken . Take her to a deliverance section again just to be sure and this time the Op should be the one that will take her there.

As for the ex coming back to her, if she's still in love with him then there's nothing him can do.
Re: Help! My Girlfriend Did A Blood Oath With Her Ex by ammyluv2002(f): 2:54pm On Jan 17, 2017
lytech1:
People only die of what they know.

You wouldnt have think of anything if she didnt tell you(that puts the fear on you).

My brother,what is oath?
Did you believe in it?

Pretend you never heard such a thing from ur fiance and move on with the relationship..

African mentality sha....
Jeez! Did you say African mentality? Bros, some of these things are so real & you'd be amazed at how they work like magic, but thank God for Christ. He's always there to put an end to such situations
Re: Help! My Girlfriend Did A Blood Oath With Her Ex by Omudia11: 3:02pm On Jan 17, 2017
Igbese
Re: Help! My Girlfriend Did A Blood Oath With Her Ex by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 17, 2017
I just think there will be future consequences base on my thinking because we are talking about blood's convenant
ammyluv2002:
So strong! Just like Ten12 said...they should truly turn to God then break every spiritual ties she has with the guy. I understand his fears, but with God all things are possible. I also don't think ending the relationship it's the best thing to do, spiritual blood ties can be broken . Take her to a deliverance section again just to be sure and this time the Op should be the one that will take her there.

As for the ex coming back to her, if she's still in love with him then there's nothing him can do.
Re: Help! My Girlfriend Did A Blood Oath With Her Ex by drealcivilceno(m): 3:03pm On Jan 17, 2017
Blood Oath and no statement is applied is void and disanulled... What is the essence of writing nothing on a paper with you office stamp on it, It is useless. Even sex outside marriage is also an oath... So " both of you " of you should kneel and rebuke it, I'm saying this because it serves as anchor for the relationship... That one is solved.. But for her boyfriend is still calling her and she still has things to do with d guy well is left for her to decide.... Please let her decide and do not rush into any rash decision...
Re: Help! My Girlfriend Did A Blood Oath With Her Ex by Ten12(m): 10:48pm On Jan 17, 2017
Oma307:
I just think there will be future consequences base on my thinking because we are talking about blood's convenant

If you believe in the scriptures that said if any man be in Christ Jesus all things have passed away and all things made new....you should know that there is no limit to old things that have passes away not even a blood oath..the oath of transformation you took with God when you prayed that sinners prayer(accepting Jesus as your Lord and personal savour) was sealed by the blood of His only Son and that nullified every other covenant or oath

(1) (Reply)

I Lost My Faith. / Most Beautiful Church Auditorium In Africa / do good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.