Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,821,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

do good - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / do good (1212 Views)

Evil Doctrine Of Do Good & Evil (by Truthunedited) / If There Was No Heaven Or Hell Would You Still Serve God And Do Good Things? / "Atheist Can Do Good And Go To Heaven Too!", Pope Francis Says. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

do good by Sebastine1994(m): 7:29am On Sep 24, 2017
do good
Re: do good by ademasta(m): 7:33am On Sep 24, 2017
Why
Re: do good by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 24, 2017
I advice students to pay because the accuser of the brethren always find faults accusing men before the throne of Grace. Whatever income you get 10% belongs to God while 90% belongs to you. Matthew 6:20
King James Bible
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal

1 Like

Re: do good by whitebeard(m): 7:45am On Sep 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:
I advice students to pay because the accuser of the brethren always find faults accusing men before the throne of Grace. Whatever income you get 10% belongs to God while 90% belongs to you. Matthew 6:20
King James Bible
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal
thank u oo pls help us tell them..go to reasonable church and read your bible well and understand it, they won't, they would rather go to one where they dance all day and pastor preaches for 20 min and even when he states bible verses they don't understand..
Re: do good by elibest360(m): 8:00am On Sep 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:
King James Bible
Help me tell them jare.
Re: do good by Wilgrea7(m): 8:39am On Sep 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:
King James Bible

so the “accuser" will find faults because students didn't give 10% of their income to a pastor?... you people paint Christianity like a business.. what kind of a father waits to collect money before he protects his children from the “accuser" ... and if the accuser is right, what kind of a father would take money from his children to cover them from their shortcomings.. if the accuser is wrong.. then why collect money to decline the statement of the accuser in the first place

2 Likes

Re: do good by An2elect2(f): 8:45am On Sep 24, 2017
Only wannabe Christians tithe, real Christians don't.
Re: do good by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 24, 2017
Wilgrea7:

so the “accuser" will find faults because students didn't give 10% of their income to a pastor?... you people paint Christianity like a business.. what kind of a father waits to collect money before he protects his children from the “accuser" ... and if the accuser is right, what kind of a father would take money from his children to cover them from their shortcomings.. if the accuser is wrong.. then why collect money to decline the statement of the accuser in the first place
Hosea 4:6
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; for thou hast rejected knowledge, and I will reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me; seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I also will forget thy children. It's the understanding of most persons to think that tithi are meet for pastors alone. Every Christian is obliged to pay their tithe be it pastor, bishop or whatever name they profess. If a Christian withheld is tithe,he or she is a thief and wouldn't inherit the kingdom of God. There are scriptures that condemn such act. 1 Cor 6:9-10 says " know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?. Be not deceived: neither fornicators,nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mand,
Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkard, nor revilers,nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God "
How's is a non tither thief,?
Malachi 3:8 says " will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say,wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. " So a robber as buttressed in 1 Cor 6:10 will never inherit God's kingdom.
How do the accuser operates?
He makes reference to Mal 3:10 as an excuse if you don't pay your tithe. He can't be stopped because he draws God's attention to that verse in the Bible before striking. So when a Christian obliged in same verse of the scripture, Yahweh honours in his word in
Malachi 3:11 " and I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.
The accuser of the brethren knows the Bible very well and always find avenue to operate that's why the Bible says in 1 Peter 5:18 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour". He's one being describe in Rev 12:10 "And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night"
Re: do good by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:22am On Sep 24, 2017
A father will pay tithe out of his income then send money to his ward in school, the pastors on campus also wants a bite out of the father's income...

asuustrike2009:
I advice students to pay because the accuser of the brethren always find faults accusing men before the throne of Grace. Whatever income you get 10% belongs to God while 90% belongs to you.
So much threats to your "grace". 10% of my income as payment for Grace... There is also an accuser at a "throne of grace"?

Only a sceptical mind can see the contradiction....

Matthew 6:20
King James Bible
So says the thieves...

1 Like

Re: do good by adepeter2027(m): 10:24am On Sep 24, 2017
Christianity, a religion of confusion,
Re: do good by DeSepiero(m): 10:35am On Sep 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:
King James Bible

What made you think that TREASURES as mentioned in Matt 6:20 refers to money (tithe)?

Assuming it was money, why will you take the church treasury to be heaven where thieves cant break in?
Re: do good by DeSepiero(m): 10:46am On Sep 24, 2017
A man earns N100,000 and pays 10% (10,000) to church as tithe.

He gives four of his children 10,000 each as pocket money for a semester in school.

Some people expect the four children to pay 10% each of their share (1000) again to church.

Is God this dubious?

1 Like

Re: do good by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:
King James Bible

where is it written in the bible that students in secondary and university without any source of in come must pay tithe. I thought you had sense.
Re: do good by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 24, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

where is it written in the bible that students in secondary and university without any source of in come must pay tithe. I thought you had sense.
The Bible made it clear in Mal 3:10 " Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." It didn't exempt anyone from paying tithes.
Re: do good by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 24, 2017
DeSepiero:

What made you think that TREASURES as mentioned in Matt 6:20 refers to money (tithe)?

Assuming it was money, why will you take the church treasury to be heaven where thieves cant break in?
Hahaaaaaaa. You're funny you know.
Your tithe is what is being used to build your mansion (house) in heaven. How? You get to know when the holy spirit reveals deeper things beyond human comprehension. The biblical backing to this is in John 16:13 "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.
Re: do good by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:

The Bible made it clear in Mal 3:10 " Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." It didn't exempt anyone from paying tithes.

the income owner who is the parent or guardian doesn't he or she pay tithe? what sort of robbery is that?

the parents pay 10% the remaining 90% is for the needs of their households yet pastorprenuers will still want to deprive them

should beggars and those without income pay tithe? this is irrational full stop.

1 Like

Re: do good by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 24, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

the income owner who is the parent or guardian doesn't he or she pay tithe? what sort of robbery is that?

the parents pay 10% the remaining 90% is for the needs of their households yet pastorprenuers will still want to deprive them

should beggars and those without income pay tithe? this is irrational full stop.
The scriptures is there for a guide.
Re: do good by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:

The scriptures is there for a guide.

following the scriptures then a student who is not working is not obligated to tithe.
Re: do good by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 24, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

following the scriptures then a student who is not working is not obligated to tithe.
As far as you earn or receive an income you're obliged to give God 10% while you take 90%. The Bible didn't say those working alone?. What will it cost you if you give your maker 10% while you take 90%?. He's not asking for much from you. The air you breath, the food you eat was provided by him that's why the scriptures say by strength shall no man prevail.it's not by your own strength, will and zeal that you're able to get those things.
Re: do good by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:

As far as you earn or receive an income you're obliged to give God 10% while you take 90%. The Bible didn't say those working alone?. What will it cost you if you give your maker 10% while you take 90%?. He's not asking for much from you. The air you breath, the food you eat was provided by him that's why the scriptures say by strength shall no man prevail.it's not by your own strength, will and zeal that you're able to get those things.
, why does Almighty God demand the ten Naira from students soaking garri. why is he soo needy that the parent's tithes isn't enough for him. should beggars also pay tithe from the 10naira they managed to beg?
it doesn't make sense.

1 Like

Re: do good by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 24, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

, why does Almighty God demand the ten Naira from students soaking garri. why is he soo needy that the parent's tithes isn't enough for him. should beggars also pay tithe from the 10naira they managed to beg?
it doesn't make sense.
The Almighty Jehovah demand it because it is part of it that would be used to preach the gospel worldwide. He also uses it to build your mansion in heaven. Those soaking garri can come out from that state if they choose to but they're principles that must be followed.
Re: do good by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:

The Almighty Jehovah demand it because it is part of it that would be used to preach the gospel worldwide. He also uses it to build your mansion in heaven. Those soaking garri can come out from that state if they choose to but they're principles that must be followed.

ha ha ha he created the whole universe with his words yet he needs tithes from poor beggars and students to build mansion in heaven talk about delusion.

I guess beggars don't deserve a mansion in heaven. no wonder Lazarus was in Abraham's bosom instead of mansion
grin
Re: do good by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

ha ha ha he created the whole universe with his words yet he needs tithes from poor beggars and students to build mansion in heaven talk about delusion.

I guess beggars don't deserve a mansion in heaven. no wonder Lazarus was in Abraham's bosom instead of mansion
grin
You're not serious grin cheesy grin
Re: do good by emmanuel1990(m): 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2017
Sebastine1994:
I advice all students world wide not to pay Tithe. Those income are transfer income. Pay your Tithe from earned income.
Remember Tithe is not a bribe to God
and who is asking them to pay tithe?
Re: do good by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:00pm On Sep 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:
King James Bible
THE SCRIPTURE SAYS WE OVERCAME THE DEVIL BY THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB AND OUR WORD OF TESTIMONY...IT DIDN'T SAY WE OVERCAME HIM BY PAYING OUR TITHE OR BY OUR EFFORT
Re: do good by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:23pm On Sep 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Hahaaaaaaa. You're funny you know.
Your tithe is what is being used to build your mansion (house) in heaven. How? You get to know when the holy spirit reveals deeper things beyond human comprehension. The biblical backing to this is in John 16:13 "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.
BROS, THE HOLY SPIRIT DID NOT REVEAL WHAT YOU PENNED DOWN THERE, IT WAS YOUR PASTOR THAT REVEALED IT TO YOU...DON'T LIE AGAINST THE SPIRIT OF GOD.

1 Like

Re: do good by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:30pm On Sep 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:

ASSUMING YOU HAVE A SON, WILL YOU COLLECT MONEY A.K.A TITHE TO PROTECT AND PROVIDE FOR HIM?...PLS, THINK ABOUT IT
Re: do good by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 24, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
BROS, THE HOLY SPIRIT DID NOT REVEAL WHAT YOU PENNED DOWN THERE, IT WAS YOUR PASTOR THAT REVEALED IT TO YOU...DON'T LIE AGAINST THE SPIRIT OF GOD.
Go back and study the scriptures then ask the holy spirit to reveal things to you.
Re: do good by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 24, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
THE SCRIPTURE SAYS WE OVERCAME THE DEVIL BY THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB AND OUR WORD OF TESTIMONY...IT DIDN'T SAY WE OVERCAME HIM BY PAYING OUR TITHE OR BY OUR EFFORT
Yahweh honours his word more than anything. How can he rebuke the devour when the accuser is pointing the scriptures. The blood of Jesus will speak for a while but the accusation will still be there.
Re: do good by Topgainer: 8:10pm On Sep 24, 2017
10% of earned money is not Tithe and January salary submitted 100% is not first fruit.
Anybody who gave those thinking he gave tithe and first fruit is rewriting the Bible. Both firstfruits and tithe were not money.
There is nothing wrong with a student giving any ℅ of his pocket money to Church provided he/she wasn't coerced, intimidated and forced by way of illegal tithe Registers where those whose names are not found in it are 'ostracized'. Jesus (a priest of the order of Melchizedek) and his Apostles some of whom were from the true tribe of Levites did not demand or take tithe from Christians. Fake Levites are not just coercing people into it, but have made tithe laws to their taste.
Any student, worker or wage earner who gave any % of money to a Church (a place where Christians gather for meetings) gave an offering.
Re: do good by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Yahweh honours his word more than anything. How can he rebuke the devour when the accuser is pointing the scriptures. The blood of Jesus will speak for a while but the accusation will still be there.
BROS, YOU ARE BLASPHEMING...YOU ARE SAYING THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF CHRIST JESUS IS NOT SUFFICIENT TO PROVIDE OUR COVERING, IN OTHER TO PREACH YOUR TITHE WHICH HAS BEEN FULFILLED BY JESUS.

1 Like

Re: do good by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 24, 2017
asuustrike2009 and bloodofthelamb is the holyspirit confused? why did he reveal differently to you both lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Natural Selection And Macroevolution / Atheist Mickey Robinson Finds God After NDE From A Plane Crash / The Incubator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.