Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,098 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

My Ordeal In The Hands Of Policemen At Meiran Police Station In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Ordeal In The Hands Of Policemen At Meiran Police Station In Lagos (1002 Views)

Corpse Of Policemen Killed By Soldiers Dragged On Tarred Road (Disturbing Photos / Nigeria Man Beats Two British Policemen At Heathrow Airport / Kidnapper Shot Dead By Policemen At Ajamoghan, Warri (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ordeal In The Hands Of Policemen At Meiran Police Station In Lagos by winkmart: 2:27pm On Jan 17, 2017
I had always been hearing about Police harassment, i never thought it would one day be my turn. I consider myself a very peaceful person and even my disposition enough will send a signal to anyone that cares to observe that “I won’t be able to hurt even a single fly”
I was coming from a neighbouring state over the weekend and took a Tricycle from Meiran towards Command, around Ipaja Area.

On getting to the Junction where the Meiran Police Station is sited. A Police man spotted me and i noticed he stood from his seat immediately and started making some calls. He felt so disturbed like there was some sort of a red alert. Something told me he was coming for me.
Lo and behold, after some few minutes, a bike over-took us and the Police man was his passenger. He asked the rider to stop and everyone was being searched. I just maintain my cool becasue i knew i was his target.

He came to me and the 1st question he asked was where i worked. I told him and he demanded for my ID, which unfortunately I left at home. He said I would need to send someone to my house (Which is not in Lagos) to go get it. He then asked what was in my bag and I told him it was my laptop. He felt some kind of spark in him and immediately mentioned I would have to follow him to the Police Station for further investigation.

I tried to pacify him and asked him what my offence was. He just replied that I would know that when I get to the station. I followed.

On getting to Meiran Police Station, He and his fellow were trying to take me to a back office, which I refused and asked them to take me to the main station and let’s sort all out officially. At that moment, their DPO noticed us and asked us all to come around to his office.

Immediately we got to the DPO’s office, the 1st thing the Police man told the DPO was that I saw them while I was passing by their Police Staion and felt jittery. I just kept silent and didn’t want to incite any wrath as they are known for twisting things. But before he could proceed, some other Police men came in with a guy in handcuff. He happened to be on their wanted list and attention was diverted from me.

The 2 Policemen later asked me to follow them and took me to a different room. Getting there, he asked me to confess if I had anything incrminating in my bag before he started sorting so he can know the steps to take in my case. I told I had nothing.

He went ahead to check all my documents and saw official documents that were related to my workplace. He was trying to get something to implicate me, but saw nothing. At a point, he saw my Pension report from Leadway Pensure and he asked what I was doing with that. That how could a young guy like me have started Pension savings, that I fabricated that. I just smiled.

On making further enquiries into my documents, he saw the Invoices I receive at the Post Office anytime I go there to clear the items I import. He said he had an idea about that kind of scam, that they had arrested some guys in the past that do Post Office scam. I explained to him that that was the invoice I get at the Post Office.

He later saw a lady’s CV among my document and also asked what that was doing there. That I was into Jobs scam. I wonder the kind of super illetrates that were being recruited into the Force.
After checking all my documents, he saw nothing incriminating and then decided to check my Tablet. He went staright to my Whatsapp Chats and started checking them out.

After some few minutes of reading through my messages and saw nothing incriminating. He told his colleague “ Boggay, this guy clean. Infact this guy is not Jesus Christ, but with what am seeing on his phone, he will bless us. He is into Bitcoin Business”

I just smiled and asked him what they wanted from me. He said that was a weekend and they have families, so I will have to sort them with some cash. I asked what that was for. At least he had said I was clean. He replied harshly that why would he be asking me for cash if there was no purpose for it. He claiemd the DPO was expecting to see me and if they took me to him, he would lock me up. For what offence?

They eventually asked me to pay them N5000. It wasn’t a big deal, but for what purpose. I told them I had no cash but I could make a transfer to their account. I just needed to get their names because they had covered their uniforms with their Bullet Vests. The account number would allow me get that. They refused and asked that I follow them to a nearby ATM point.

We couldnt get the cash at the ATM, but they eventually got N3000 cash from me. One of them( His name is David) later gave me his number asking that I would teach him about Bitcoins, was complaining bitterly about being so poor and not having enough to feed his family.

If I had reported the case to my Dad’s Boss, whom am so sure would be so connected to the Commissioner of Police. I am sure they would be in soup by now. I decided not to tell anyone, until today when I remembered one of them slapped me when I was trying to ask him a question. The same guy that wanted to learn about Bitcoin.

Then I decided to put it online. I have his phone number already. I just need opinions on what next action to take. As he needs to pay for slapping me. I didn’t deserve that in any way

Sent in by a Reader:
http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2017/01/my-ordeal-in-hands-of-policemen-at.html

lalasticlala
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Policemen At Meiran Police Station In Lagos by Heavance(m): 2:47pm On Jan 17, 2017
winkmart:

I just need opinions on what next action to take. As he needs to pay for slapping me. I didn’t deserve that in any way

Sent in by a Reader:
http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2017/01/my-ordeal-in-hands-of-policemen-at.html

lalasticlala
Go ahead o. Let it serve as deterrent, for what other policemen are doing to Nigerians on a daily basis, as I am typing someone (that doesn't know enter button in a computer) may be receiving another slap right now on the account that he is a scammer.
please, let that David be taught there are Goliaths that can trample this david
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Policemen At Meiran Police Station In Lagos by vchykp(m): 8:48pm On Jan 17, 2017
you dont have evidence against them, i will advice you to let it go, afterall the slap no stamp for your face..!
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Policemen At Meiran Police Station In Lagos by winkmart: 9:11pm On Jan 17, 2017
vchykp:
you dont have evidence against them, i will advice you to let it go, afterall the slap no stamp for your face..!

I think he will be asked how his number got to my phone. I should still have a record of his missed call
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Policemen At Meiran Police Station In Lagos by vchykp(m): 3:55pm On Jan 19, 2017
winkmart:

I think he will be asked how his number got to my phone. I should still have a record of his missed call
thats not a cretaria, you are talking like you dont know 9ja police.. let it go #bestADVICE
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Policemen At Meiran Police Station In Lagos by charlesn(m): 4:46pm On Jan 19, 2017
Go ahead and report the baggas!! Don't waste time at all

(1) (Reply)

Principal Jail For Life For Rapping Girl On The Table. / 3 Missing Kids Found Dead In A Car Two Days After They Went Missing In Kaduna / PHOTO: Man Rapes And Kills Corp Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.