Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,925 members, 7,952,725 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:23 PM

Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k (31066 Views)

Ndubuisi Emenike, Millionaire Disguises As Beggar In A Market In Imo (Video) / Stanbic IBTC Bank Staff In School Uniforms To Mark Customer Service Week. / Diamond Bank Staff Wear School Uniforms To Celebrate Children's Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by UNIZIK1stSon(m): 4:54pm On Jan 17, 2017
k
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by SIRKAY98(m): 4:55pm On Jan 17, 2017
I feel mad from within when i read stories of how people r been cheaply duped like this..u want to pay in money why d need of someone quesrioning me i want to pay? What concerns is 4fathers about that? .....also some people r d thieves themself you see long que you r looking for a short cut to your grave.

Once am in d bank i mind my business because d kind of look i carry sef. U no go come meet me 4any Service rendation

Shine ur eyes The Devil is roaring about lokking 4 whom to devour....pls hold that your relative well hcos they r both d thieve
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by back2sender: 4:56pm On Jan 17, 2017
Kakamorufu:
see what impatience has caused them. the guy don hammer Wella now
Same way they fall prey to the MMM SCAM and still falling prey to it.
MMM IS DEAD AND BURIED.
My friend that has 100 k has not been matched since Friday, abi 100 k no fall within the category of the supposed payment MMM talk.
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by nefeyblaq(m): 4:57pm On Jan 17, 2017
shocked
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by nwakibie3(m): 4:58pm On Jan 17, 2017
Mehn! Guys dey upgrade everyday... see format grin grin
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 17, 2017
this is an old format
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by 2shur: 5:00pm On Jan 17, 2017
when it comes to local scam.
afonjas all the way
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by 9jayes: 5:01pm On Jan 17, 2017
sholay2011:
O ga o
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by addikt(m): 5:02pm On Jan 17, 2017
eezeribe:
Nigerians and impatience... Those people probably couldn't wait for their turn in the queue... So they wanted it sharp sharp...

The fraudster was aided by an insider in the bank...

YOU CAN'T BLAME THEM, YOU'LL ACTUALLY FALL FOR THAT TOO IF YOU WERE THERE .....ONLY IF YOU'VE HEARD ABOUT THIS BEFORE JUST LIKE NOW

....You're wiser cos you now know!
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by 2shur: 5:02pm On Jan 17, 2017
u think you look scary.
abegi na by dah1.
d guy hypnotized them simple.
SIRKAY98:
I feel mad from within when i read stories of how people r been cheaply duped like this..u want to pay in money why d need of someone quesrioning me i want to pay? What concerns is 4fathers about that? .....also some people r d thieves themself you see long que you r looking for a short cut to your grave.

Once am in d bank i mind my business because d kind of look i carry sef. U no go come meet me 4any Service rendation

Shine ur eyes The Devil is roaring about lokking 4 whom to devour....pls hold that your relative well hcos they r both d thieve
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by LorDBolton(m): 5:02pm On Jan 17, 2017
etenyong:
How did he get access to back door without notice? Is the back door always keep open? I think an insider is involve. But how can someone just hand over money to anyone just like that in a banking hall. People should try to learn and know when to spot a scammer.

Bruv scammers use the magicians system to catch them you must look at the opposite

If they waving their left hand u gats focus on their right hand

Dude would simply put it in a nylon and waltz out of the bank no néed for back door + those 'mugus' thought they'd found 'connect' inside the bank to hasten their transaction thus were too 'happy' to observe the man

One thing scammers are sure of its that greed is a powerful veil...

I've seen people duped who refused to heed calls by relatives to stop paying a scammer, he kept on paying until the veil (greed) was removed and reality set in

No scammer can trick a realist...
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by Yomiwayne80(m): 5:02pm On Jan 17, 2017
Something similar happened to my friend who used to work with first bank.... A coperate robber came to his table and demanded 1m from him, that Mr Jacob said he should give him... Because my guy was too busy with his system, he handed the cash to the guy.... The rest became history as he was sacked after paying about 500k out of the 1m.
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by dominique(f): 5:03pm On Jan 17, 2017
Either I'm having some sort of deja vu or something similar happened around this time last year. We can never put it past bloggers to recycle old stories
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by aduje(m): 5:03pm On Jan 17, 2017
Yarnvibes:
A Robber has made away with over N600,000 belonging to Bank Customers in the Apapa-Warehouse Branch of Diamond Bank in Lagos State after disguising as a Bank Staff. See full Story below:

As shared by Facebook User, Nnamdi Ikeh-Akabogu:

INTELLIGENT ROBBERY, WITHIN BANKING HALLS:

“I have a neighbour who sells foodstuffs. She travelled for the new year so so instructed a relation to pay in the money(130,000) into her Diamond Bank Account…

She was in the Banking Hall, Warehouse Branch, Apapa, with the money in her bag. While filling her teller, someone asked her if she was paying in & at which she said yes. She later joined the long pay-in queue.

After a moment, and with d queue practically not moving, a young man, dressed in corporate suit (all thought was the Bank’s cashier) came close to her and in a low voice asked for people who were paying above 100,000.

About five people stepped out and he asked them to follow him a few meters away from the queue. They all thought he was the Bank’s staff, out to offer help.

He collected all their money, the completed tellers and asked them to wait on the line, so he can go in and stamp their tellers…..

And so the man left. They waited and waited endlessly, not knowing that he had long exited the Bank,through the rear exit, with their over #650,000.00.

It was after d seemingly unending wait they decided to report d matter to the Manager,who had to come down… checked the CCTV footage and behold, the gentleman in suit, was neither the Bank’s cashier nor even a staff !

The security guard confirmed it was the third time such was happening in that same Branch alone !

My fellow Nigerians, we must BEWARE of activities of fraudsters, particularly in the Banking Halls !!

We should please share to avoid more people falling victims.”

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/01/very-disturbing-report-coming-in-from.html

...Where in Warehouse Road Apapa do we have Diamond Bank branch. #socialmediajournalism.
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by Impeller(m): 5:03pm On Jan 17, 2017
Focus- Starring: Will Smith
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 17, 2017
Why the pix of GTB while the news said Diamond?
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 17, 2017
yomalex:
hmm na today?
but why you come use GTB Bodija picture for Diamond bank?
sharp êyes

1 Like

Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by AlphaStyles(m): 5:09pm On Jan 17, 2017
this guy go don watch plenty American Thief movies die. American sense
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by bydot1(m): 5:13pm On Jan 17, 2017
An insider must also be involved!....People that gave him money will definitely be watching his movement and such person didn't use the main door apparently
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 17, 2017
Seems there is bomb in your head @OP. Why attach the picture of GTBank? ?
All these NL mods, do you guys even review what you send to frontpage?
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by EugeneGee4(m): 5:18pm On Jan 17, 2017
He collaborated with one of the banking staff or security, if not he would have been caught while taking the people away from the queue since he is not a member of the Bank. They should arrest the manager of that branch and interrogate him properly.
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by FearFactor1: 5:20pm On Jan 17, 2017
fkj950ax:
If this news is true, all Diamond Bank has to do is pull the guys images from the plenty CCTV in the banking hall.

Pay NTA, Channels, TVC, AIT and NL to broadcast for only one day.

He'd be identified and arrested.

Like I said, if this news is true...

Breaking News to those that lost their money... It's everywhere in every bank you shouldn't give your cash or instrument to anyone not behind a counter as the bank is not liable.

You all on your own.

See as e simple for your mouth...
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by Jabioro: 5:20pm On Jan 17, 2017
He went through rear exit (door).If he had no internal working hand in that branch it won't be possible to used the rear exit..it is exclusively for security/staff only.,let them look inwardly.
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 17, 2017
#Stale news.
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by Strech(m): 5:39pm On Jan 17, 2017
amaben2020:
Let's be honest with ourselves, only the smart and wise survive in Nigeria, I wish I could garner such courage and make cool cash too
for ur own case na trye and petrol deh wait u.
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by amaben2020(m): 5:44pm On Jan 17, 2017
Strech:
for ur own case na trye and petrol deh wait u.

Lol

Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by Prettyenit18(f): 5:56pm On Jan 17, 2017
"Insiders" not just one person.
eezeribe:
Nigerians and impatience... Those people probably couldn't wait for their turn in the queue... So they wanted it sharp sharp...

Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by ayindejimmy(m): 6:01pm On Jan 17, 2017
It has happened three times... What's the bank looking at? How did the man managed to go out through a restricted area?
Abegggy!
There's a conspiracy within that bank
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by Unimaginable123: 6:05pm On Jan 17, 2017
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

Impatience and greed...

what greed exactly
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by marisdgreat(f): 6:06pm On Jan 17, 2017
ha apapa warehouse close to tincan island, nawaoh
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by marisdgreat(f): 6:13pm On Jan 17, 2017
aduje:
...Where in Warehouse Road Apapa do we have Diamond Bank branch. #socialmediajournalism.

it is opp westminister if u r coming out from industrial road as if u want to enter bus going to mile 2 , just walk straight down u will see diamond bank, with some other banks closely to each other. i knew the bank they are talking about
Re: Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k by KingSango(m): 6:19pm On Jan 17, 2017
eezeribe:

My thoughts exactly, nearly impossible for someone to be collecting customers to a certain area for business and no one not notice. And for the same scenario to happen at the same branch. Coincidence is not congruence.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Innocent Chukwuma, Innoson Motors’ Boss Hired Thugs To Attack Us - EFCC / How To Make Money By Selling Your Photos Online / Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Been To An ATM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.