Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Navy Averts Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clash In Anambra Village - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Navy Averts Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clash In Anambra Village (945 Views)

Edo Bans Night Grazing And Carrying Of Arms Because Of Herdsmen/Farmers Clashes / FG Bans Open Grazing To Curb Herdsmen-Farmers Clashes / Buhari Averts Diplomatic Row With Turkey Over Extradition Requests – Mr. Onyeama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Navy Averts Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clash In Anambra Village by investnow2013: 8:18pm On Jan 17, 2017
Tweet
The timely intervention by officers of the Nigerian Navy averted a possible bloody clash between herdsmen and farmers in Okoti village in Odoekpe, Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra.

The News Agency of Nigeria learnt that the rumoured killing of a farmer working on his farm by herdsmen in the early hours of Tuesday triggered the crisis.

An eye witness told NAN that the villagers responded by inflicting machete cuts on three herdsmen before the intervention of naval personnel.

A senior naval officer at the Nigerian Navy base, Onitsha, who spoke on condition of anonymity, confirmed the incident.

He told NAN that the Navy received distress call from the villagers.

He said that 30 naval personnel were mobilised in three vehicles to the scene of the incident to restore peace and order.

“Our men were there for static patrol and deterrent enforcement only, and nothing else,’’ he said.

The officer said that the three injured persons were taken to the hospital for treatment by his men.

He added that naval personnel would continue surveillance in the area to prevent the situation from degenerating into chaos.

“We will continue to appeal to the community leaders and settlers for calm and understanding for peaceful co-existence.

“We are one Nigeria. We must live with one another in peace. We should be one,’’ he said, and urged the villagers to go about their normal businesses, saying the situation is under control.

(NAN)
Re: Navy Averts Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clash In Anambra Village by investnow2013: 8:19pm On Jan 17, 2017
Lalasticlala News don come!!!
Re: Navy Averts Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clash In Anambra Village by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 17, 2017
we are one Nigeria. we must live with one another in peace
unless you arrest and prosecute the pepetrator(s) of this evil act, how will the family of the deceased believe in one Nigeria? We better start practising one Nigeria rather than preaching it.

8 Likes

Re: Navy Averts Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clash In Anambra Village by onnenka: 8:25pm On Jan 17, 2017
Whenever the herdsmen (Buhari's brethen) are about to be attacked, the military arrives just in time to save them.
Hmm.

5 Likes

Re: Navy Averts Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clash In Anambra Village by Cjrane2: 8:25pm On Jan 17, 2017
I knew the Nigerian military that never intervene when fulani herdsmen are killing farmers will suddenly become efficient and intervene timely once fulani herdsmen are on the receiving end of farmers anger.

One naigerea for you.

11 Likes

Re: Navy Averts Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clash In Anambra Village by Emycord: 8:26pm On Jan 17, 2017
Thats my village for one soul ten will fall o

4 Likes

Re: Navy Averts Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clash In Anambra Village by TeleboiZ005(m): 8:27pm On Jan 17, 2017
J
Re: Navy Averts Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clash In Anambra Village by Emycord: 8:33pm On Jan 17, 2017
I just left village last week its very true that the navy saved his brethren the fulani herdsmen cos the navy boss at odekpe is fulani man whom i know personally cos when one ud chinwe nwaebili brother came to take my blocks its the man that settle our case. See them all navy northerners in our land na God go punish former speaker for bringing navy to our land

4 Likes

Re: Navy Averts Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clash In Anambra Village by Alexxgold: 8:37pm On Jan 17, 2017
I knew fulanis will cross into igbo land.. d news just dey sweet my belle
let land grabbers too see how land grabbing feels

1 Like

Re: Navy Averts Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clash In Anambra Village by LoveMachine(m): 10:49pm On Jan 17, 2017
Something has got to give...
Re: Navy Averts Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clash In Anambra Village by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jan 17, 2017
These fulani people are not human beings walahi .

3 Likes

Re: Navy Averts Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clash In Anambra Village by investnow2013: 11:34pm On Jan 17, 2017
Revelation1:
These fulani people are not human beings walahi .
Re: Navy Averts Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clash In Anambra Village by Fedayeen02: 12:00am On Jan 18, 2017
Alexxgold:
I pray LAUTECH resumes so that your type will leave NL

1 Like

Re: Navy Averts Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clash In Anambra Village by Alexxgold: 12:31am On Jan 18, 2017
Fedayeen02:
I pray LAUTECH resumes so that your type will leave NL

I'll feed you 3 square meal for a whole year and not feel it.. I'm talking continental dishes here with appetizers

1 Like

Re: Navy Averts Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clash In Anambra Village by Pwayne2016(m): 1:00am On Jan 18, 2017
Alexxgold:
Afonja

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Just In(planned Protest) / CNPP Threatens To Shut Down Nigeria If Owner Of $43m Is Not Named. / Nigeria`s First Shadow Cabinet.. Checkout The List Of Shadow Ministers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.