Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,199 members, 7,822,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

My Review Of Macksonwakama.com - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Review Of Macksonwakama.com (612 Views)

My Review About Kadnetworks Web Hosting As No. 1 / My Review Of Linda Ikeji TV Platform / My Review Of 9jaboizgist.com.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Review Of Macksonwakama.com by Copycracker(m): 9:39pm On Jan 17, 2017
Okay, Wow.

I landed on macksonwakama.com after a lovely meal and some love play ( wink ...shh, don't tell anybody) and I'm loving this site.

Once again, I'm an amateur so you might still want to get a pro review after this.

Anyway, from what I have seen so far, you're the real deal.

I mean, I'm not really into Digital banking news and all, but I actually enjoyed going through your site and reading a few of your posts.

So let's begin:

The Good

Branding

1. Your site is exactly what the tagline says it is.

The tagline is "The Latest Digital Banking, Banking Innovation and FinTech News" and when I read through your site, that is exactly what I found.

You have figured out your niche. And you write articles focused on that niche. That's great for your branding.

Props.

2. Your content is tailored to your specific audience.

I obviously can't tell what's so great about "The Nigerian FinTech Landscape" but your target audience (which I think are mostly digital bankers or people involved in Financial Tech) understand what you're talking about.

Your content is well researched, and you also link out to authority blogs in your content.

Those two ingredients are great for On Page SEO and I hope Big Daddy Google's ranking love is shining down on your site for that.

3. You are obviously versed in your niche

The way you write, it's obvious that you know what you're talking about.

And then I read through your About Section, I realized you've actually worked in that niche for about 13 years.

That's some valuable experience right there. I'd talk a bit more about doing something with that later.

Content

4. Your content is split into categories.

This makes your site pretty easy to understand and look through.

So much eye candy for your target audience.

This is a great feature.

5. Your blocks of text are broken up with great images.

Sometimes a picture communicates more than a thousand words, and you make use of great, engaging images.

As I looked through, I found myself wanting to see what each image was about.

If you haven't already, you need to add alt text to those images to make them rank in image search.

6. Your content is top notch, quality and informative.

Your reporting is backed by research from respected sites and is just top quality. You write in huge blocks of paragraphs, but I can't be mad at that cos you're a news site, and you break it up with interesting images here and there, so my eyes take short breaks in between the huge blocks.

Okay.

I don't think you need me to toot your horn any more so let's get into the Not-So-Good-Could-Be-Better Category:

* The ad that appears above your title (That University of London Ad)

Not really a good look for your site. There's so much advertisement online these days that when a normal everyday internet browser gets even a whiff of an ad, they might leave.

That ad shouldn't be the first thing that welcomes a visitor to your site.

Move it somewhere else.

* Also, that Treehouse ad embedded in that photo makes it seem like you're a programmer learning to code.

Remove it.

Try to also ensure that the ads you display on your site match with what your content is about. That way, they're more likely to convert about.

When you want to sell pork, you don't take it to a party organized by Muslims.

'Nuff said.

* Above that widget in your side bar that shows your tweets, there really is no need to write "Twitter" there.

You could just write "Latest Tweets". Your target is definitely internet savvy and they'll get what tweets are without you having to say "Twitter"

* Beneath your posts, the share icons are enough. You don't need to have a separate "Tweet" or "+" share thing below them.

* I'm not really a web designer or developer... yet, but the design feels a bit bland.

It's not really a big issue but I feel it could be improved on a bit.

A few ideas (you can skip over this if you're fine with what you have already):

- Okay, your site is great, but what are your plans long term?

I feel you could tailor a few of your posts more to how the news in Financial tech apply to the common man. You know, so at least people like me would come to your site for info on how Fintech can help us or... I don't know. It's just some thing to think about and maybe test to see how it works out for you.

You could turn all your knowledge and use it to build authority in your niche and monetize that, bringing you more $$$ from your blog.

- If you haven't already, you should submit your site to Google News

This will work wonders for your SEO. You can find out more here- https://www.searchenginejournal.com/how-to-get-your-website-listed-in-google-news-in-2016/159701/ and here- https://support.google.com/news/publisher/answer/40787?hl=en

You're doing a lot right already. Hope this review helps in some way.

Now, I'm tired, but going to go work on my sites.

Peace out. and Happy Hustling!

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Macksonwakama.com by napoleon77(m): 9:58pm On Jan 17, 2017
Thanks bro!

That was very very detailed and enlightening!!

I would work on ALL the issues you raised!!!

Good luck on your sites.

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Macksonwakama.com by Temolad: 10:10pm On Jan 17, 2017
Review my blog please @ http:///M8
Re: My Review Of Macksonwakama.com by Copycracker(m): 10:14pm On Jan 17, 2017
I'll get to it before this week runs out

Temolad:

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Macksonwakama.com by Temolad: 10:58pm On Jan 17, 2017
Copycracker:

ok bro
Re: My Review Of Macksonwakama.com by Temolad: 10:41am On Jan 21, 2017
Copycracker:

hope you don't 4get this?
Re: My Review Of Macksonwakama.com by Copycracker(m): 3:00am On Feb 04, 2017
Hi, your review is ready

Temolad:
Re: My Review Of Macksonwakama.com by Temolad: 8:52pm On Feb 04, 2017
Copycracker:
Hi, your review is ready
Good job

(1) (Reply)

Dropshipping In Nigeria / Freelancers Urgently Needed / Exoclick Users Come In, I've Got Something For You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.