Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Security And Peaceful Coexistence In Nigeria - Kwara State - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Security And Peaceful Coexistence In Nigeria - Kwara State (4247 Views)

Tolerance And Coexistence Between Non Muslims In Society / Islam Is A Peaceful Religion With Those Who Are Peaceful / Why Are These Muslim Countries So Peaceful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security And Peaceful Coexistence In Nigeria - Kwara State by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 18, 2017
The conference is being organised by Kwara State government through the state’s Arabic Education
Board.

Among those in attendance are Senior Advisers to King Salman bn Abdulazeez, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Sheikh Sa’ad Nasir As-Shathriy. Sheikh Abdullah Al-Mutlaq; Kwara State Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed; Saudi Arabia Ambassador to Nigeria, Fahad Abdullah and Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu Gambari. The Representatives of Jibwis NIGERIA are also present.

President General, Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar III. Who doubled as the chairman of the the two days occasions spoke at the opening of the occasion.

“We have problems in this country. There are frictions between Muslims and non Muslims and various ethnic groups across the country. Some few days ago we were in Kaduna to talk to the governor on the Southern Kaduna crisis.

“We cannot continue hiding under religion to foment trouble and this country will move forward. We are being dragged backed by evil people and they are either Christians or Muslims.

“Terminology should not be given to criminals. We should be cautious of our utterances as some people refer to extremists as Muslims terrorising the country.”

“99.5 percent of Muslims are peace-loving while the remaining percentage goes to the bad eggs. Let unify ourselves be it Christian or Muslim. We should look into issues passionately, stop inciting remarks, and relate as families so as to work towards finding lasting solution to the problems and make our country better. "

“The main foundation of the problem of insecurity in Nigeria is injustice. And injustice breeds bad governance. Bad governance allows people to do whatever they want and go scot-free. There must be justice in whatever we do. Whoever offends anybody should be brought to book.

We call on our leaders to have a model and send to religious leaders on how to implement them. Let us stop inciting remarks at various places. Please let us work towards finding solution to the problems of insecurity in Nigeria.

“We have been working hard to see how we can stop the menace of herdsmen. I don’t want to say Fulani herdsmen. They could be any other thing.

How could Fulani who move with their cows and family come to a village, kill people, destroy everything there and disappear into thin air like spirit?

“What are our security men doing? Where are our intelligence gathering mechanisms to know where these people come from to know who they are?”

Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia Representative

Sheikh Abdullah Mohammed, the representative from Saudi Arabia and Special Adviser to King Salman Bin Abdul-Aziz noted that Nigeria and Saudi Arabia are faced with similar problems, adding that

” Christianity and Islam teach, preach peace and respect of one’s dignity. The terrorists follow the part of devil.” While calling on Muslims and Christians to rise against insecurity, he noted that,

“Saudi Arabia is calling for synergy between her and Nigerian. Saudi is strongly behind Nigeria. We should all pray to God to take control”.

Also speaking, Reverend Cornelius Fawenu
emphasized that it is high time to come together, “whether Muslim or Christian we must see ourselves as one.

Our coming together to find solutions to predicaments will go a long way to ensure perfect peace.

“Peace will never reign if we do not work for it and follow it. Therefore, men must resolve to leave in peace by gathering like this and rob minds for solution to the problems because we can learn from one another”.

* Declaring the conference open, Abdulfatah Ahmed, the state governor said
without peace, there can not be development, adding: ”the conference is quite timely and designed to chat way against the trouble the country is facing and proffer solutions.

He urged participants to discuss extensively and be frank and God-fearing, saying: [b] “It is by so doing that Nigerians will unite and our dear country will develop.”

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security And Peaceful Coexistence In Nigeria - Kwara State by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 19, 2017
“Peace will never reign if we do not work for it and follow it. Therefore, men must resolve to leave in peace by gathering like this and rob minds for solution to the problems because we can learn from one another”.

2 Likes

Re: Security And Peaceful Coexistence In Nigeria - Kwara State by Empiree: 4:40am On Jan 20, 2017
With due respect, this appears to be domestic issues. Hence, i see no reason to invite any foreign country(s). This should have been discussed behind closed doors within Nigeria Ulama. After considerable and successful outcome, then, they could invite Christian Ulama with muslims to resolve differences on the same table. But by bringing Saudis or any foreign muslim countries for that matter, Christians may think of "conspiracy to islamize Nigeria."

Or they may also invite foreign countries like Israel, EU or US to broker "peace" and "negotiations" within the county. In that case, I can guarantee that those foreign countries would only do what is in their best interest. Good-luck to them but keep us posted how this goes.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security And Peaceful Coexistence In Nigeria - Kwara State by MakeWeTalk: 11:40am On Jan 20, 2017
It's a pity that in Nigeria that Christians are denied Security & peace.

The Fulani Herdsmen are surely really Boko haram in disguise, they are never arrested.
Instead those who fight back get arrested.

Neither does any northerner condemn the killings.

Then when a Christian speaks out, the same people who were quiet on the killings become vocal and rebuke the person decrying the killings.

Yes Nigerians, what is going on now is a Jihad.

I heard that one pastor warned Nigerians' but nobody wan hear.

it's like Christians have no rights under Buhari.
A minor kidnapped and nothing .

7 Likes

Re: Security And Peaceful Coexistence In Nigeria - Kwara State by mmsen: 11:42am On Jan 20, 2017
Empiree:
With due respect, this appears to be domestic issues. Hence, i see no reason to invite any foreign country(s). This should have been discussed behind closed doors within Nigeria Ulama. After considerable and successful outcome, then, they could invite Christian Ulama with muslims to resolve differences on the same table. But by bringing Saudis or any foreign muslim countries for that matter, Christians may think of "conspiracy to islamize Nigeria."

Or they may also invite foreign countries like Israel, EU or US to broker "peace" and "negotiations" within the county. In that case, I can guarantee that those foreign countries would only do what is in their best interest. Good-luck to them but keep us posted how this goes.

The people involved are too simple minded to understand any of what you just wrote.

They are anti-logic and anti-reason which is why they resort to murdering those who do not adhere to their 'faith'.

Christianity offends me as much as Islam but at least they are not killing their neighbors for no reason.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Security And Peaceful Coexistence In Nigeria - Kwara State by akandry: 11:50am On Jan 20, 2017
Empiree:

Totally agree with you....They have their reasons of inviting them as well so we shouldn't judge totally

Jumat mubarak

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security And Peaceful Coexistence In Nigeria - Kwara State by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 20, 2017
Empiree:

In as much as I respect ur opinion. I believe inviting the Saudis is a right decision. You know they (the Saudis) have been rightfully and wrongfully accused of sponsoring most terrorist attacks in Nigeria. So inviting them over stands as a chance for them to clear their name. Reason why they never invited the Israelis, they don't religiously have a bad name. And mind u so many Muslim scholars all over Nigeria were invited, also some reverend fathers were invited.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security And Peaceful Coexistence In Nigeria - Kwara State by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 20, 2017
AminuRano87:
majority of muslims are Peaceful. But the religion of Islam is not Peaceful
its the opposite. Sir

1 Like

Re: Security And Peaceful Coexistence In Nigeria - Kwara State by AminuRano87(m): 10:37pm On Jan 21, 2017
Blacklister:
its the opposite. Sir
i am a Muslim, I know my religion very well. Islam commanded muslims to subjugate non muslims whenever they have the upper hand. according to Islam anybody who leave Islam must be killed. does this religion sounds PEACEFUL?
Re: Security And Peaceful Coexistence In Nigeria - Kwara State by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 21, 2017
AminuRano87:
i am a Muslim, I know my religion very well. Islam commanded muslims to subjugate non muslims whenever they have the upper hand. according to Islam anybody who leave Islam must be killed. does this religion sounds PEACEFUL?
Lol you know nothing bout Ur religion. I worship sango ọkọ oya though cheesy
Re: Security And Peaceful Coexistence In Nigeria - Kwara State by Sarcasm01: 7:40am On Jan 27, 2017
Nice move by kwara state

(1) (Reply)

Observe Your Zakatul Fitri Today / Qiyam Al-layl Or Tarawih: Sunnah Or Bid'at? / The Story Of Musa And Khidr (may Allah's Blessings Be Upon Them Both)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.