Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,654 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know (18867 Views)

14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry / These Are Toyota Camry Facts You May Not Know – A Peek Into The Unknown / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by AutoJoshNG: 12:19pm On Jan 18, 2017
Its raining facts here on Autojosh, we would not rest on our oars to educate you about everything automobile.Today we would be dishing out facts about another automobile giant Toyota .

The company, Toyota Motor Corporation was founded in 1937 by Kiichiro Toyoda .

Its interesting to know that the founder was formerly into textile production ,infact Toyota Motor Corporation started out as a division of Toyoda Automatic Loom Works.Well the company is still in the textile business till this day.

The Toyota logo is not just random oval shapes but it actually spells out T-O-Y-O-T-A .

Check out the image below :

Are you surprised ? .

The brand was formerly “Toyoda” just like the founders name , take a peak at their previous logo :

Toyota fully owns Lexus and Scion .They also own stakes in Daihatsu and Subaru .

In terms of money Toyota is the 8th biggest company in the world as at 2016 .

In 2013 they broke a world record , , they produced more than 10 million cars in one year .

The Toyota Corolla has 12 generations and has sold about 40 million(cars) worldwide .

At a time as part of publicity for it’s then new corona design, when Japan got its first free way ,They took three cars out for a spin and drove 100,000 miles non stop back and forth between Osaka and Nagoya .

The legendary 2000GT broke all sorts of records , one I particularly love is,it ran 130 mph , for 78 consecutive hours partially through a tropical storm.Now thats wicked !!! , don’t drool over this baby except you have about 500 million Naira .

Its not surprising that they built their first hybrid car in 1968 !! and it used a turbine engine .

Even though they started making hybrids early , the Prius was the first massed produced hybrid from them.And they sold the 1,000,000 th in 1997 .

Toyota developed a complex traffic “app” over 40 years ago.In the early 1970s, the Comprehensive Automobile Traffic Control System featured a control room like you would see in a old sci-fi movie. It practically monitored traffic and let any car with a receiver on their end know which streets were grid-locked, so drivers could use alternate routes.

This guys don’t just give up.It took 450 prototypes to get the first Lexus right ,and they had to make 50 full-scale clay models .Inspiring !!

They were so successful that Japan had to name one of its cities after them in 1959 .

I hope you enjoyed this guys , don’t forget to share ,rate and comment .

Written by Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/x-awesome-toyota-facts/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by nurey(m): 1:05pm On Jan 18, 2017
Awon haters food don land grin

where was mercedes benz when the 2000GT was busy breaking records wink, ooo yes, they were still settling their rust issues grin

Caveat: if my comment is annoying please endeavor to notify me, hating me would only make me love you more cool

4 Likes

Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by winetapper: 3:16pm On Jan 18, 2017
List of Toyota cars I know.

Toyota Camary
Toyota Sprinter
Toyota vits
Toyota Regius
Toyota Yaris
Toyota Hiace
Toyota Nadia
Toyota Raum
Toyota Prado
Toyota Porte
Toyota Allex
Toyota harrier
Toyota Mark II
Toyota Runex
Toyota Highlander
Toyota avensis
Toyota Crystal light
Toyota Corona
Toyota Noah
Toyota voxy
Toyota d4d
Toyota Hilux
Toyota spacio
Toyota funcargo
Toyota Corolla
Toyota Venza grin
Toyota rav4
Toyota...

Abeg join in listing..

Meanwhile click my Signature smiley

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by tmanis(m): 6:15pm On Jan 18, 2017
Toyota Toyota... will drive you around till the chassis breaks into two, and then some more... just remembering top gears multi episodes of 'how to kill a Toyota'

3 Likes

Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by DaimlerBen(m): 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2017
nurey:
Awon haters food don land grin

where was mercedes benz when the 2000GT was busy breaking records wink, ooo yes, they were still settling their rust issues grin

Caveat: if my comment is annoying please endeavor to notify me, hating me would only make me love you more cool

Come on bruh. In the same period, Mercedes was churning out the 142mph 300SEL 6.3 sedan.
Rust issues started in the 90's.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by Nobody: 6:14am On Jan 19, 2017
Wow!!! I had no idea that Toyota logo spells out "Toyota". That's mindblowing.

P.S Nurey, they're talking about Toyota. Can you, for once, shut up about Mercedes-Benz? Trying to start another argument that you'd definitely lose?

[s]Stop hating on Mercedes-Benz when you know you can't even afford the windscreen wipers of the old models.[/s] tongue

13 Likes

Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by Pharaoh9(m): 7:06am On Jan 19, 2017
HMM

1 Like

Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by slurryeye2: 7:09am On Jan 19, 2017
Respect to Toyota

They have been showing class from their first car

2 Likes

Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by olatwo(m): 7:09am On Jan 19, 2017
Coming
Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by FuckTheMod: 7:09am On Jan 19, 2017
yoi shinai, yoi kangai.

Good thinking, good product. cool cool cool

7 Likes

Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by DEXTROVERT: 7:11am On Jan 19, 2017
I
Heard
Nigeria
Is
Forming
USA
In
Gambia
Imagine

19 Likes

Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by wagazala: 7:11am On Jan 19, 2017
This number 9 get as e be...

At a time as part of publicity for it’s then new corona design, when Japan got its first free way ,They took three cars out for a spin and drove 100,000 miles non stop back and forth between Osaka and Nagoya .

100,000 miles non stop...how many litres of gasoline was the car carrying? Or were they running on coal or air??

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by realomonile: 7:12am On Jan 19, 2017
Sweet Honda Accord v4 engine available. Ride is first body with alloy rim. AC chilling and it's in perfect condition.

This ride is first body and it is top condition.

All documents available.

Price: 500k (Slightly Negotiable)

Call/WhatsApp Owolabi: 08117744394 or 08082862125

Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by kingobozy: 7:12am On Jan 19, 2017
Thanks AutoJosh for this enlightening post..
I don't own a ride yet but when the time right I don't see myself using anything less than any of the Toyota models.

1 Like

Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by Stanbeto: 7:13am On Jan 19, 2017
I like the caq get me One Venza
Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:18am On Jan 19, 2017
Good
Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by tammie24: 7:19am On Jan 19, 2017
Toyota Fortuner
Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by talk2hb1(m): 7:19am On Jan 19, 2017
Who can be Generous to donate a Car for me a Toyota Please.
Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by Olaiya26: 7:29am On Jan 19, 2017
winetapper:
Toyota Camary Toyota Sprinter Toyota vits Toyota Regius Toyota Yaris Toyota Hiace Toyota Nadia Toyota Raum Toyota Prado Toyota Porte Toyota Allex Toyota harrier Toyota Mark II Toyota Runex Toyota Highlander Toyota avensis Toyota Crystal light Toyota Corona Toyota Noah Toyota voxy Toyota d4d Toyota Hilux Toyota spacio Toyota funcargo Toyota Corolla Toyota Venza grin Toyota rav4 Toyota biola8
Abeg join in listing..
Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by eagleccentric(m): 7:30am On Jan 19, 2017
winetapper:

Toyota Camary
Toyota Sprinter
Toyota vits
Toyota Regius
Toyota Yaris
Toyota Hiace
Toyota Nadia
Toyota Raum
Toyota Prado
Toyota Porte
Toyota Allex
Toyota harrier
Toyota Mark II
Toyota Runex
Toyota Highlander
Toyota avensis
Toyota Crystal light
Toyota Corona
Toyota Noah
Toyota voxy
Toyota d4d
Toyota Hilux
Toyota spacio
Toyota funcargo
Toyota Corolla
Toyota Venza grin
Toyota rav4
Toyota...

Abeg join in listing..

Toyota Supra - My bestest
Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by zaradina(m): 7:32am On Jan 19, 2017
winetapper:
Toyota Camary Toyota Sprinter Toyota vits Toyota Regius Toyota Yaris Toyota Hiace Toyota Nadia Toyota Raum Toyota Prado Toyota Porte Toyota Allex Toyota harrier Toyota Mark II Toyota Runex Toyota Highlander Toyota avensis Toyota Crystal light Toyota Corona Toyota Noah Toyota voxy Toyota d4d Toyota Hilux Toyota spacio Toyota funcargo Toyota Corolla Toyota Venza grin Toyota rav4 Toyota Landcruiser Toyota Pruis Toyota Echo Toyota Matrix
Abeg join in listing..
Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by lazsnaira(m): 7:55am On Jan 19, 2017
TOYOTA IS JUST TOO COMMON FOR MY LIKING ...american cars all the way

4 Likes

Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by tivta(m): 7:55am On Jan 19, 2017
Yet ikenna will say Peugeot is the best, mschewww...
Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 19, 2017
Toyota Venza is bae grin

1 Like

Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by autotrader2: 7:58am On Jan 19, 2017
Toyota also has branded motor oils made for the company by ExxonMobil( the makers of Mobil-1 oils) in the US. This partnership is for the US market so when you buy US SpecToyota Motor Oil you are getting the highest quality motor oil akin to mobil-1

Available in 5w20 and 5w30 viscosity.

Call 09086679585 to order the oil. Nationwide Shipping from PH

Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by segunk1(m): 8:01am On Jan 19, 2017
winetapper:

Toyota Camary
Toyota Sprinter
Toyota vits
Toyota Regius
Toyota Yaris
Toyota Hiace
Toyota Nadia
Toyota Raum
Toyota Prado
Toyota Porte
Toyota Allex
Toyota harrier
Toyota Mark II
Toyota Runex
Toyota Highlander
Toyota avensis
Toyota Crystal light
Toyota Corona
Toyota Noah
Toyota voxy
Toyota d4d
Toyota Hilux
Toyota spacio
Toyota funcargo
Toyota Corolla
Toyota Venza grin
Toyota rav4
Toyota...

Abeg join in listing..

Toyota Landcruiser
Toyota Sienna
Toyota Picnic
Toyota Mpv
Toyota........

Add more.... gringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by Mbediogu(m): 8:03am On Jan 19, 2017
winetapper:

Toyota Camary
Toyota Sprinter
Toyota vits
Toyota Regius
Toyota Yaris
Toyota Hiace
Toyota Nadia
Toyota Raum
Toyota Prado
Toyota Porte
Toyota Allex
Toyota harrier
Toyota Mark II
Toyota Runex
Toyota Highlander
Toyota avensis
Toyota Crystal light
Toyota Corona
Toyota Noah
Toyota voxy
Toyota d4d
Toyota Hilux
Toyota spacio
Toyota funcargo
Toyota Corolla
Toyota Venza grin
Toyota rav4
Toyota...

Abeg join in listing..

Sequoia, Crown and Cressida. Do you know that Corona, Corolla, Cressida, all mean the same thing CROWN, though in different languages?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by nurey(m): 8:07am On Jan 19, 2017
MsDelilah:
Wow!!! I had no idea that Toyota logo, that spells out "Toyota". That's mindblowing.

P.S Nurey, they're talking about Toyota. Can you, for once, shut up about Mercedes-Benz? Trying to start another argument that you'd definitely lose?

[s]Stop hating on Mercedes-Benz when you know you can't even afford the windscreen wipers of the old models.[/s] tongue

I don't argue, I rather state facts. But seems you can't take the truth tongue

PS: don't hate me cause you ain't me.
Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by chuks190: 8:08am On Jan 19, 2017
realomonile:
Sweet Honda Accord v4 engine available. Ride is first body with alloy rim. AC chilling and it's in perfect condition.

This ride is first body and it is top condition.

All documents available.

Price: 500k (Slightly Negotiable)

Call/WhatsApp Owolabi: 08117744394 or 08082862125

320k?
Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 19, 2017
nurey:

I don't argue, I rather state facts. But seems you can't take the truth tongue

Lol. Taa. comot jare.

1 Like

Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by potent5(m): 8:09am On Jan 19, 2017
DEXTROVERT:
I
Heard
Nigeria
Is
Forming
USA
In
Gambia
Imagine
Bros, this post is intended to make you forget Nigeria and its wahala. Abeg leave Nigeria make them did their own international grave. Instead of Buhari thinking about how to build our own Car he is going about forming strong as if this is 1991 in Monrovia.
Imagine Senegal, Nigeria and even Liberia of yesterday wars. Anyway, what goes around comes around.
Let them set the precedent by interfering with the business of another sovereign head of state and see what happens to them soonest. By that time US will show them how to do it in Nigeria.
Re: 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know by ogtavia(m): 8:11am On Jan 19, 2017
wagazala:
This number 9 get as e be...

100,000 miles non stop...how many litres of gasoline was the car carrying? Or were they running on coal or air??
walahi the 'lie' get as e be....100000 miles...you can't even drive that in a week...maybe he meant 100km..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How A Mechanic Made A Nigerian Woman Drive With A Missing Suspension Linkage / I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. / 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.