Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,821 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Nigeria President Umaru Yar'adua 'has Heart Problem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria President Umaru Yar'adua 'has Heart Problem (798 Views)

Elderly Couple Die While Having Sex In Hotel After Husband Has Heart Attack.... / See What Really Killed Sani Abacha & President Umaru Yar'adua / President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria President Umaru Yar'adua 'has Heart Problem by Oloks(m): 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2009
Nigerian President Umaru Yar'Adua has a heart condition, his spokesman has said, after he flew to Saudi Arabia on Monday for medical treatment.
Mr Yar'Adua has acute pericarditis, or inflammation of the lining around the heart, his spokesman told the BBC.
He said the president, 58, was responding well to treatment. Officials earlier denied rumours that the president was seriously ill.
Mr Yar'Adua has had a chronic kidney condition for at least 10 years.
He has been unable to perform a number of official duties because of recurring health problems.

At about 3pm Friday November 20, after he returned from the Abuja Central Mosque where he performed Muslim prayer, President Yar'Adua complained of a left-sided severe chest pain
Olusegun Adeniyi
Presidential spokesman

Profile: President Umaru Yar'Adua
President Yar'Adua has twice been flown to Germany for emergency treatment and it is the second time he has visited hospitals in Saudi Arabia.
He has refused to say exactly what condition he suffers from, and has repeatedly said in interviews that his life is "in the hands of God".
BBC health reporter Michelle Roberts says most cases of pericarditis clear up with rest and medication within a few weeks, although patients will initially need to be treated in hospital to check for complications.
Our reporter says occasionally pericarditis is triggered by cancer, which is something doctors need to check for.
Rarely patients may need surgery if the pressure around the heart becomes too great, a complication that could potentially be fatal, she adds.
Presidential spokesman Olusegun Adeniyi said the president felt pains after performing Friday prayers last week.
"At about 3pm Friday November 20, after he returned from the Abuja Central Mosque where he performed Muslim prayer, President Yar'Adua complained of a left-sided severe chest pain," he said, reports Reuters.
Mr Adeniyi said the initial diagnosis was pericarditis, which has since been confirmed.
Officials had earlier been quoted as saying the president intended to make the Hajj pilgrimage to Mecca this week.
Analysts say his continued ill-health poses a problem for Nigeria's constitution.
If he were to step down or die, he would be replaced by Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan, who is from the country's southern Niger Delta region.
But according to the ruling People's Democratic Party's own formula for sharing power among the country's regions, the president must be a northerner.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8380520.stm
Re: Nigeria President Umaru Yar'adua 'has Heart Problem by bibiking1(m): 8:35pm On Nov 26, 2009
His viscera seems to rebel against his very existence. I need not speak any further ill of him, his demise stares us all, what are we prepared to do?
Re: Nigeria President Umaru Yar'adua 'has Heart Problem by soberry: 8:51pm On Nov 26, 2009
we shld all go to our closets n say our prayers to God n also commit his life in Gods hands, hez our president afterall
Re: Nigeria President Umaru Yar'adua 'has Heart Problem by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 26, 2009
Old news.Hes hale&hearty latest from saudi
Re: Nigeria President Umaru Yar'adua 'has Heart Problem by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 26, 2009
Old news.Hes hale&hearty latest from saudi
Re: Nigeria President Umaru Yar'adua 'has Heart Problem by bibiking1(m): 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2009
Toba, propaganda has its uses afterall
Re: Nigeria President Umaru Yar'adua 'has Heart Problem by Eziachi: 9:22pm On Nov 26, 2009
Few years ago, I was diagnosed with a serious heart condition that requires an urgent surgery, once after the operation, I will be able to make full recovery but despite that, as surgeon, I had to be excused from work for one full year with full pay because there is no way I can go through an operation and recovery and still perfomr my duty as a surgeon with putting my patients at risk. I only went back to work after 16 months when I am fully recovered, recharged and ready to face the world again and I was right as my work since had shown.

Then you wondered how Yar Adua, at his age with severe kidney problem and now heart problem too will perform his duty as president of 150 million people, been able to look after problem after problem for a complex and unworkable country like Nigeria.

Yard Adua continued stay in power, tells few thing:
(1) Nigeria is not a nation
(2) He is there to protect an interest group and not to govern
(3) His presidency is just a symbolism of powerful group
(4) As long as his name covers that position, they are okay.
(5) He not in charge and never had been from day one.
Re: Nigeria President Umaru Yar'adua 'has Heart Problem by Parohfrey(f): 9:23pm On Nov 26, 2009
Eziachi:

Few years ago, I was diagnosed with a serious heart condition that requires an urgent surgery, once after the operation, I will be able to make full recovery but despite that, as surgeon, I had to be excused from work for one full year with full pay because there is no way I can go through an operation and recovery and still perfomr my duty as a surgeon with putting my patients at risk. I only went back to work after 16 months when I am fully recovered, recharged and ready to face the world again and I was right as my work since had shown.

Then you wondered how Yar Adua, at his age with severe kidney problem and now heart problem too will perform his duty as president of 150 million people, been able to look after problem after problem for a complex and unworkable country like Nigeria.

Yard Adua continued stay in power, tells few thing:
(1) Nigeria is not a nation
(2) He is there to protect an interest group and not to govern
(3) His presidency is just a symbolism of powerful group
(4) As long as his name covers that position, they are okay.
(5) He not in charge and had nver been in charge.

Pls kindly put a bullet in his head for us. Dont force your stupid opinion on 120million Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria President Umaru Yar'adua 'has Heart Problem by Eziachi: 10:01pm On Nov 26, 2009
Paroh_frey:

Pls kindly put a bullet in his head for us. Dont force your stupid opinion on 120million Nigerians.

Please what is stupid about my comment or you just don't know the meaning of the word stupid?
Re: Nigeria President Umaru Yar'adua 'has Heart Problem by Parohfrey(f): 10:06pm On Nov 26, 2009
Eziachi:

Please what is stupid about my comment or you just don't know the meaning of the word stupid?

You are a laughing stock.
Re: Nigeria President Umaru Yar'adua 'has Heart Problem by Fhemmmy: 10:14pm On Nov 26, 2009
I personally think it is time to move a motion to force this dude to step down, cos his health is not good enuf to perform his duty as the commander in chief of Nigeria.
he has been the president for how long and within those months, been to germany 2ce and Saudi 2ce for medical attention?
Re: Nigeria President Umaru Yar'adua 'has Heart Problem by Eziachi: 11:02pm On Nov 26, 2009
Paroh_frey:

You are a laughing stock.

You lost me! Why am I a laughing stock? Are you sure you are alright?

(1) (Reply)

Orion Engineering Services Ltd: Graduate Vacancies / It Took 1 Hr Plus To Move Yaradua From Plane To Car / Eagle's New Technical Adviser To Earn Over N190 million In 5 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.