Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,066 members, 7,814,674 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

BEAUTIFUL BELINA(A Story By Nissi Adeola) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BEAUTIFUL BELINA(A Story By Nissi Adeola) (3739 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BEAUTIFUL BELINA(A Story By Nissi Adeola) by Calismart(m): 3:15pm On Jan 18, 2017
PROLOGUE :

I entered the house after about an hour of aimless walking.
Strolling had become my second hobby recently and hardly would you find me at home around 5 o’clock in the evening. On entering the house, my heart raced, my head seamed bigger than its normal size, and i felt dizzy. Something is definitely wrong somewhere, i thought.

I had only felt that way twice, and those are times i don’t want to remember. I went into my room and did not see anything awkward, i instinctively made for my dad’s room, and there, i got the shocker of a lifetime.

For some seconds I stood, glued to the ground with my mouth agape staring at the person I knew to be my father. I just couldn’t understand why, of all the pot-bellied men in the world, I was doomed to answer the surname of this man. The reason why I still call him ‘dad’ remains a mystery to me.

I ran out of his room and when I got to the sitting room, I was already crying. The b---h came rushing out some minutes later and ran past me thinking I would do something but I wasn’t after her.

Memories of recent occurrences came flooding my mind and I had to quench it quickly. I heard my dad’s footsteps and dried my eyes quickly, not wanting him to see my tears.

‘Who gave you the right to come into my bedroom without knocking?’ he asked as he marched into the sitting room.

There is a saying that you can only see the bottom of a chicken when the wind blows. The meaning became clear to me as I glared at my father.
I stood up and faced him.

‘I knew you never loved my mum, you made it so evident, but bringing someone else to her bed barely two weeks after her death…’ I laughed bitterly, ‘ you definitely deserve a trophy.

I hate you and everyone whose gender starts with ‘M’. I HATE YOU’.

Expect episode 1 around 7 - 8pm today

I have officially started this story here.Though i am copying it from www.storiesmagic.com

Episode 1 drops by 8pm on this thread but you can read it fresh from www.storiesmagic.com

Re: BEAUTIFUL BELINA(A Story By Nissi Adeola) by Calismart(m): 3:25pm On Jan 18, 2017
I know I didn't finish the last story I started but I must finish this story. I promise guys
Re: BEAUTIFUL BELINA(A Story By Nissi Adeola) by sirblero(m): 7:26pm On Jan 18, 2017
Calismart:
I know I didn't finish the last story I started but I must finish this story.
I promise guys

lol thankGod you know....

but am loving this story ...nice story
#following!

1 Like

Re: BEAUTIFUL BELINA(A Story By Nissi Adeola) by Calismart(m): 9:08pm On Jan 18, 2017
BEAUTIFUL BELINA Episode 1
I knelt down by my bed on Thursday morning to pray but nothing seemed to come out of my mouth.
I placed my head on the bed and closed my eyes but I didn’t have the enthusiasm to offer any prayer. Confusion, worry and anger has become the order of the day since my mother died two years ago.
Everything just seemed to go wrong at the same time. I lost my job two months after her death and my plans to get my own apartment was truncated.
My plan to get another job with my First Class Certificate in Applied Psychology was also fruitless but the latest development seemed to be taking a great deal of my patience and self control.
‘Lord, I thank you for today, please Father, make it a good day’ I said and got up when there was nothing else to say. I washed up my face, brushed my teeth and went about the house chores. Breakfast was already prepared before seven, I placed it on the table for my father and went to take my bath.
I went back to the sitting room dressed and met dad eating. I mumbled a low ‘good morning sir’ and just as I was about to eat, I heard a knock. ‘Who is that?’ I asked pondering on the same question as I opened the door. Standing before me was the very person who made my life a living hell.

**** Prisca woke up to the ringing of her phone and from the ‘I just wanna say I love you’ tone, she knew who was calling. She smiled and picked up the phone. “Morning baby boy”, she said. “Hey honey”, Tony said over the receiver. “Mmmm, it is nice hearing your voice early in the morning”, she responded.
“How was your night dear?”
“I dreamt of you” she said smiling foolishly.
He laughed and said, “hey baby, before you make me get late for work, I need to tell you something.” “Anything for me?” she asked. He feigned seriousness and coughed, “Well, tell your friend, what is her name, yes, Belina, that she should come to our hospital on Monday to start work” “what are you saying” she practically screamed, sitting up instantly.
Tony laughed heartily, “yes baby, she got the job.” *************** I stared at Tunji coldly, “what are you doing here?” He shook his head, ” Is that the way you greet your future husband? let me in”, he ordered. I laughed mockingly, “you are crazy. I have always known that, but I didn’t know it was this serious”. He scoffed. “Belina”, dad yelled and I stiffened. “let him in now”. I stood with my arms akimbo blocking the doorway. “BELINA” I eyed Tunji and reluctantly stepped aside. I slammed the door after him with so much force that the house shook. Dad glared at me but turned towards Tunji and grinned. “Good morning Mr Badmus”, Tunji said. “Morning my son. Sorry for her rude behaviour, she is just being childish”, dad said. I rolled my eyes in disgust. Amazing what people would do for wealth and power. ‘why can’t this idiot take ‘no’ for an answer?” i wondered. “I am through with the arrangements sir”, Tunji was saying smiling at me. Dad nearly jumped out of his skin in excitement. “oh, oh Tunji, you are God sent, God bless you a million times, ah…” Puzzled, I asked, “what arrangement?” Before he could answer, my phone rang, noticing that it was Prisca, I went to the room to answer it. Unlike our usually long chats, the call ended within two minutes. Unable to conceal my joy, I practically danced round my room after letting out a loud scream of joy. Dad and Tunji ran into my room. “What are you doing here?” I asked unable to hide my happiness. “What do you mean by that? what is all the fuss about?” Tunji asked. “Well, I just got a job, and not just a job, a very good one”, I said grinning proudly. Dad and Tunji stared at each other. “well, you are not taking the job”, Dad said. “Excuse me?” “Yes, we would be travelling to London on Saturday. The arrangements have been made, so start preparing cos the wedding would be done immediately we get there”. Dad said. I blanched.
Always visit www.storiesmagic.com for fresh episodes.
Episode 2 comes up in the morning.
Re: BEAUTIFUL BELINA(A Story By Nissi Adeola) by bossy512(f): 10:23pm On Jan 18, 2017
Nice one, thanks for the update, more ink to your pen.

1 Like

Re: BEAUTIFUL BELINA(A Story By Nissi Adeola) by Calismart(m): 5:37am On Jan 19, 2017
Good morning guys,i will drop the next episode soon
Re: BEAUTIFUL BELINA(A Story By Nissi Adeola) by Calismart(m): 12:00pm On Jan 21, 2017
EPISODE 2

The tension in d waiting room of best result
hospital can be sliced with a knife. The nurses
are on their toes doing one thing or d other.

The waiting room is unusually rowdy & the
people
are busy moving from pillar to post & not even
d nurses were able to calm them down.

The reason for d turmoil laid on d bed in the
operating room with 3 doctors
attending to him. He had been involved in a
fatal accident on his
way out & was unconscious.

We have been told to avoid ‘one way’ in Lagos,
but some people
would just not listen. Best Result hospital
happened to be close by
so he was immediately rushed there.

Adewale rushed into d hospital like a possessed
man. He saw Deji’s family members & some
friends & instantly knew that d news was not a
frame up
“No”, he screamed. People gathered to help him
& calm him down but he was violent.
“No, he must not die”, He was coming to see
me, I … i …”

The nurses moved him to a chair, “pls calm
down young man, everything would be fine”, one
of the nurses said.

The 3 doctors came out after about 2hrs. they
looked tired & sapped as they made for their
offices. Doctor Richard
headed towards d waiting room & upon
entering,everyone held on to him like a lifeline
asking all sort of questions. The doctor tried to
make out one question but could
not.

Finally, he said, “calm down everyone, he is
alive”.
Everyone started talking at the
same time again but this time, they were talking
to God
Deji’s father went to meet the doctor & said,
“thank u doctor, God bless you, e ko ni ri laburu
“yes sir. He is alive sir but he needs prayers
now cos he is in a
coma. The accident affected his head and his
survival chances are
slim”, doctor Richard said.

Deji’s father’s face froze and it seemed like he
had seen a ghost.
Adewale who had been
eavesdropping suddenly went to hold the
Doctor’s shirt.

“Please,
make sure he survives doctor. He wouldn’t be
on that bed if i hadn’t insisted that he come to
my place. I would not be able to bear it if he…,
if he…”

Doctor Richard placed his head on his table
some minutes later
deeply distressed. Memories which he had tried
hard to blurt out came uninhibited to his
mind; those were the memories that gave him
consistent
nightmares.

A tap on his shoulders jerked him from his
demons.
“What is wrong Richard?” Doctor
Tony who was Richard’s best friend asked.
“I… I am fine
“No, you are not. If you did not hear me calling
your name, you are not fine.” Tony said looking
worried.

“It is nothing.. The tension in the waiting room
was just more
than i bargained for.” Richard said standing up.
Tony laughed a bit, “Rich, you are a doctor and
you definitely have faced worse.

Richard sighed, “the accident of the patient
occurred when he
was on his way to a friend’s place and the poor
guy is almost
ripping his head off in guilt”.
Still not getting his point, Tony asked, “And?”
Richard glared at him,
“Tony,that patient has only 20% chance of
survival and i can’t watch him die. Do you
remember that i know exactly what that guy in
the waiting room is facing?
Alarmed, Tony stood up,
“Richard, u are not still blaming urself for what
happened then, are u?” he asked.
Richard looked at him, his eyes haunted, “Tony,
i still have
nightmares. i can’t forget. i have tried all i
know can as a doctor
and i don’t wish even my enemy would be in my
position”, he said
and took a deep breath.

“i would get some air”, he said and left the
office.
The alarm that went off in my head would have
definitely woken the dead. I wanted to tell dad
to repeat what he just said but I knew that I
was not having
problem with my ears.

I turned cold eyes at Tunji and said quietly but
firmly, “leave”
“What?” He asked looking like a fool.
I moved towards him slowly & before he could
count one to
three, what he heard was ‘kpa’;even though my
hand still ached
from the hot slap I gave him, I forgot all about
it & dad who
was busy saying all sorts of rubbish as I push
Tunji out of d
house.

After slamming the door forcefully, I turned
around to face my mistake of a father but I was
greeted with a hot slap. The slap was so hard
that I practically
started seeing things but I steeled myself
against crying.
‘Never let them see your tears, it
makes u vulnerable’, I
remembered d words of my mum.
“You this little brat, you are so stupid. How dare
u slap Tunji?
You better go after him now & beg him”. Dad
growled.
“God forbid. u have no right whatsoever to think
u can control my life. Who do you think
u are? I am not going
anywhere with u & that son of a nobody but you
can go if u want to. I am 22 for God’s
sake & I have the right to make my own
decisions”, I yelled.
“Not while u are under my roof. You have to do
what I tell u”. He shot back.
I almost said something but I bit
it back. I looked at my dad & as quietly as I
could, I said
emphatically, “like I said, u can go with him but
as for me, u
better think again ‘sir’”. I stormed out of d
house.
To Be Continued.
Re: BEAUTIFUL BELINA(A Story By Nissi Adeola) by Calismart(m): 12:04pm On Jan 21, 2017
(Episode 3)

As I walked on our ever quiet street, my blood flow started normalizing & the incident that I had been trying to keep at bay started pushing itself back to my memory. The slap that dad gave me seemed to also slap back that memory.

Throughout my secondary school, I succeeded in keeping men at arm’s length & didn’t have a boyfriend throughout,despite my numerous admirers.
I finished with a remarkable grade & gained admission immediately into UNILAG & also focused on my studies not glancing twice at any guy but my charade was cut short in my 3rd year when I discovered that there are some guys that ur eyes can’t finish assessing with one glance I sat on d open field one afternoon reading, when one of my annoying toasters came.

“Oh baby”, he drolled, “u too dey read sef” I ignored him “Abeli”, he called in his usual way but I ignored him again. He yanked d book out of my hands & my head jerked up as my eyes drilled holes into him “Give me back my book”, I demanded.

“Why didn’t u answer me? I stretched forth my hand, “Hand it over now” He smiled, “A kiss & I would give u” I wanted to slap him hard but . . .

“Give d lady her book”, a voice said. That voice chilled me to d bones & I could almost feel d ground shake at d sound but surely, I was hallucinating That was the voice that shook my world both positively & negatively.

“Enough of all this rubbish”I thought. I need to solve this problem. After thinking for some minutes, I fished out my phone from my pocket & dialed d only person I could. She picked on the 3rd ring.

“Sweetheart mi”, Prisca said over the receiver. “Pric, I need ur help”

*** Tunji sat furiously at the owner’s side of the car on his way home. He was busy clenching his fist like someone who was ready to box d life out of Bashali.

“No woman has ever slapped me”he thought. He still couldn’t believe that he had actually been slapped. And by a woman? “No matter how beautiful she is, she won’t get away with this” he thought as he picked up his phone to dial a number “Omo deputy governor mi, ur excellency sir”, a voice said “Pls shut up Tolu, I need u to do something for me.

Someone had the nerve to raise her hands against me”. Tunji said.

“Ehn… A she? She must be dealt with” “Alright, here is what I want u to do …” ***

You know at times, u get to a T junction where u know that either way u go is going to change your life one way or the other. I thought about my discussion with Prisca & knew that going with that plan was d best thing I could do I got back home & met d house empty. My phone started ringing immediately I sat down & I discovered it was an unknown number. I picked it & waited until I heard a baritone voice at d other end saying “hello” “Good morning, pls who is this?” I answered.

“Is this Miss Belina Badmus?” the speaker asked “Yes pls”

“My name is John, calling from Heaven’s gate Chapel. We just want to remind u of d musical concert which would be holding tomorrow” he said.

I opened my mouth as I realized that I had actually forgotten everything about that concert Though I hadn’t produced any album, I was invited by some churches to minister in songs. “I would be there, thanks a lot”.

I dropped d phone some seconds later & mentally began to search for a nice song for d programme.

*** Mr Badmus entered the large compound of his friend, chief Olowodolu, & looked round jealously. Every time he entered this place, he always remembers his good old days.

He had nothing less than three buildings in island, & one small building in the mainland, Ikeja to be precise. He had lived a life of affluence but his business crumbled after 5years of marriage. He sold off his properties in the island to pay debts & moved with his family to Ikeja. “I must be rich again”, he thought as he entered his friend’s sitting room.

*** “Let us go now Richard, I don’t want to be late o…” Tony & Richard are inseparable friends & have been for 5years. Apart from them being medical doctors, they were also in d music line. Being exceedingly handsome, they were d envy of other guys & the desire of ladies. Tony took advantage of this & had so many girl friends by flirting with them but Richard was the quiet type, jovial at times which made him more desirable but he could turn the heart of any girl perhaps unknowingly. Tony seemed to have arrived at his bus-stop where women were concerned & Richard had become indifferent towards them. Tony attended a musical concert in a church some weeks ago & hadn’t stopped talking about it,for some unexplainable reasons, Richard felt he needed to attend the next edition with Tony. “For God’s sake Tony, u told me the concert would commence 5 o’clock, this is 4:20, what is the fuss about?” Richard asked looking exasperated.

“If we don’t get there in time, all the good seats would have been taken & we would have to seat at d back”. Richard sighed; “Alright then”, he said leaving the movie he was watching for the bedroom. To Be Continued
Re: BEAUTIFUL BELINA(A Story By Nissi Adeola) by Feyikemi12(f): 12:22pm On Jan 21, 2017
#following
Re: BEAUTIFUL BELINA(A Story By Nissi Adeola) by Ehmjay(m): 2:21pm On Jan 21, 2017
Been glued to my iphone c2(nokia c2)for d past 20 min.Keep d update going ooo,Don't ever try nt tew update again if perhaps yhu want part of mai romantic blow
Re: BEAUTIFUL BELINA(A Story By Nissi Adeola) by Calismart(m): 2:34pm On Jan 21, 2017
Ehmjay:
Been glued to my iphone c2(nokia c2)for d past 20 min.Keep d update going ooo,Don't ever try nt tew update again if perhaps yhu want part of mai romantic blow

lol.I will update tonyt
Re: BEAUTIFUL BELINA(A Story By Nissi Adeola) by Calismart(m): 8:40am On Jan 23, 2017
Episode 4
I looked at myself in my bedroom mirror & smiled. I definitely look stage worthy, I thought to myself. I took out a styling comb & combed my hair to perfection. Thank God for long hair, it could make u look presentable even when u did not make ur hear.

I applied a little powder & lip gloss & set out. I alighted from a public bus & looked at the address again. Wole, who had made sure I was one of d guest artists had warned me that the church was a big church. I almost passed by a very massive building when I looked at d sign- board & discovered that that was my destination. I opened my mouth as my heart started racing.

“Hello miss” My head jerked round & I discovered I was already at d entrance. “Uhh, hi”, I said. “Are u one of our artists,ma’am”,d guy obviously an usher asked “Ehm,Yes. I am Belina Badmus”. The guy checked his file &smiles at me b4 calling a lady to take me inside. As I stepped inside, my heart almost stopped. I saw nothing less than 500people & still saw empty chairs which could easily seat close to 300people. The highest number of people I had sang to was 200 & I was totally afraid that day. I considered turning back as I stood transfixed. The lady usher noticed my fright & gave me a comforting smile. She looked at me from head to toe & back again & said, “I am sure u can handle it”

**** Mr. Badmus sat down in his living room, thinking about d best way to convince Belina. He remembered d discussion he had with his friend d previous day & hissed. “Oh… it is nice seeing u my friend, Chief Popoola said,standing up to greet him. Mr. Badmus smiled faintly. “Since I need to get visa b4 I see u,what do u expect?” “It is not like that” chief popoola responded. Mr. Badmus sat down without waiting for d permission, d chief offered him drinks from his over-filled bar & within minutes, they were talking. “See, this Belina of a girl would not kill me o, she sees a lifetime opportunity & cannot jump into it”. Mr Badmus said after some minutes of discussion. “What do u mean?” “Do u remember d birthday party of senator Olowodolu that u invited me to some time ago which I forcefully dragged her along?” getting a nod, he went ahead to explain everything up to d latest development & what did he get? “Listen to me my friend, I would advise u to leave her alone. Every child has d right to do things d way they please, our own duty as parents is to advise them & if they insist, we ought to-“ “Shhh,pls spare me d lecture Mr.Lecturer, I don’t need it ok?” he said & left immediately. Mr. badmus hissed for d umpteenth time. “That idiot does not want someone to be better than him” he soliloquized. Belina would have to do my wish whether she likes it or not. I would find a way. **** The church was half way full when Richard & Tony arrived. Richard noticed that d auditorium could definitely occupy 1000 people & looked at d structure of d building appreciatively. Tony looked around desperately looking for a place where they could get a good view & found a spot that was just perfect. They both sat down & Richard had a feeling that he was in for a good time in God’s presence. *** As d usher led me to my sit, my mind started rolling asking so many questions; what if I fall down on d stage? What if my voice cracks? What if … I stood like d pillar of salt that the bible talks about as I stared at d one person I wished I would never set my naked eyes on. Kelvin also stood there looking like someone who was standing face to face with a ghost. I wondered if he thought i should be dead. He was about to say something but I guess my eyes sent a warning signal & he swallowed his words. Wise choice, I thought as I joined the usher who had been looking at us puzzled. As I followed her, I no longer saw d crowd, I only saw a chance to prove to Kelvin that I am not a piece of trash. *** The sitting room was freezing cold because of d recently purchased split air conditioner, the plasma Tv was on & was showing cool music videos but Adewale could not relax. His friend had been in d hospital for 2days now & was still in a coma. he had stayed there &was forced to come home today in order to freshen up. Adewale stood up & went to d bar to pick up an alcoholic drink but hadn’t tasted it when his mind started wandering. He remembered his discussion with Deji & how he persuaded him on phone to some over so that they could both attend a function together d next day. he downed a cup of wine at d thought & b4 he knew it,he had finished the bottle but still could not wipe out the sense of guilt that was clouding his brain. He remembered how close they were & could not hold back d tears that came to his eyes. He looked at d wall & saw,’Jesus is Lord’ on a photo frame & walked to it. As he stared at it, he knew he had only one thing to do.
Re: BEAUTIFUL BELINA(A Story By Nissi Adeola) by Countrygirl(f): 6:02pm On Jan 23, 2017
interesting......following
Weldone poster
Re: BEAUTIFUL BELINA(A Story By Nissi Adeola) by Calismart(m): 8:20am On Jan 25, 2017
EPISODE 5
I had to admit that d theme of the concert which was ‘Opening Heaven’s Gate’ was not an exaggeration. The atmosphere seemed to be charged with d power of God & d singers seemed to possess angelic voices even though I hadn’t heard d voice of an angel b4. I was lost in a world of my own when I suddenly heard, “We would now like to welcome a young lady whom God really took time to design & package. After moulding her,he put in her throat an angelic voice which cannot be rivaled. Pls put ur hands together as we welcome Miss Belina Badmus My heart started running a 100m race & I remained on seat for some seconds until I summoned courage to stand up. I walked up to d programme coordinator & smiled as I collected d mic. I faced d congregation &instantly wished I could disappear but that did not happen, then I remembered Kelvin was somewhere amongst them & everyone seemed to vanish b4 my eyes. I had previously arranged for a piano to be set on d altar.After taking in enough breath I introduced myself & introduced d song. I planned on singing a personally written single since I had no back-up so I sat down behind d piano & d show began. *** Immediately d songs started coming, Richard instantly knew that his attendance was not a mistake but he felt that he was looking for something more. He received a text message & his attention was instantly diverted to his phone. His head jerked up as he heard someone speaking but his breath was instantly taken away as he stared at d slim figure on d altar. The sky blue filmy gown she wore perfectly brought her curves to light. She was d perfect description of figure 8. He left d gown & d next thing that came to his eye was the hair; long, black,& oh- so- beautiful . He has d urge to touch it in order to feel d texture. His eyes then moved fully to d face & all d words that came to his mind could not do justice to that work of art. Her eyes seemed to tell a story. There was a moment of uncertainty in her eyes & a bold stare replaced it. He desperately wanted to be close to her in order to find out d mysteries behind d eyes. Of everything he saw, it was her song that totally blew his mind away. He stared at her as her slim fingers pressed d piano. She seemed to draw everyone into her song with so much ease that within seconds, Richard found himself listening to d lyrics of d song Tony had earlier on stepped out to receive a phone call from Prisca, d damsel that captured his heart,& was away throughout d ministration. When the lady in blue finished her song, stood up & curtsied with a lovely smile on her face, Richard wished he was closer in order to capture her that way. An ear deafening applause followed & Richard joined Tony came in 5mins after Belina’s presentation & found Richard looking around like he was searching for something. “Are u looking for me? Tony asked Richard stared at tony like he had suddenly grown horns “this ridiculously long talks u have with prisca would soon put u in trouble. U have just missed d best performance this evening” Tony hissed, “when u allow urself to love again,u would find urself doing d same thing. So, who sang?” Richard opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out, that was when he realized that he was d biggest idiot in West Africa. *** Prisca stood at d veranda of her dad’s house thinking about d love of her life, Tony. She remembered d first time she set her eyes on him & dwelt on it though it was not such a pleasant day. She had been standing by d road looking dejected. She was close to tears & she felt stupid. She had gone to visit her boy friend at ikeja but she ran out when he almost raped her. She had been thought by her parents to remain chaste till marriage & that fool thought he had seen a mugu. She had been lucky that her bag was close to d door but after walking some distance, her bag was snatched from her & all she was left with was her shirt, her trouser & her flat shoe. She stood by d road & no matter how much she hated it, she had to stop a private car. The first car happened to be Tony’s car & immediately he consented to carrying her, she entered & did not as much as glance at him throughout d drive. Tony wanted to say something cos he was not used to being overlooked but when he looked at her, he noticed that she was secretly crying so he kept quiet. He dropped her at her door step even after she insisted on coming down earlier. After he left, Prisca had been sad that she didn’t really appreciate his help but after some days, she forgot all about him. He appeared on her doorstep 2weeks later & d rest is history. Prisca left d veranda smiling as she went inside & when she saw d picture she had snapped with Belina, she decided that she would involve another person in their escapade. *** There is a saying that it is when there is trouble that u remember ur creator, but I would advise u to remember ur creator always so that trouble would flee from u
Re: BEAUTIFUL BELINA(A Story By Nissi Adeola) by Calismart(m): 8:25am On Jan 25, 2017
Episode 6

Adewale arrived at Living Faith Bible Church & met d place open. He hadn’t been to church for more than 2months so he was surprised when he saw some changes in d church.

He headed towards the altar looking like a prodigal son &when he got there, he knelt down & all he could do was stare blankly. He stared at d pulpit & remembered d times d pastor had preached on Faith but it made no sense to him then.

He held onto d pulpit & tried to say something to God but nothing seemed to come out of his mouth so he let his thoughts do d talking.

He laid on d altar some minutes later & felt peace from within.
All his thoughts & worries seemed to have flown away & within minutes, he was asleep.
*** Tunji laid on his extra-large bed in similarly massive room thinking about what he had planned to do for d night. His mind kept on telling him that it was not a good idea & that it was too risky but he ignored it.
He had seen Belina at his dad’s birthday party & had instantly fallen for her. He had bragged & told everyone that she would be his girl soon but he had tried all his possible best and hadn’t been able to get her to at least smile in his direction for the past one month.

His phone started ringing and he when he noticed that it was Belina’s father, he picked up immediately. After talking for some minutes, he hung up and really had a reason to smile. He dialed Tolu’s number and he picked almost immediately. “There is going to be a change of plans, meet me here in thirty minutes”, he said and hung up immediately. ********** ********** As Tony and Richard made their way home, Richard was busy thinking about the damsel in blue gown and therefore was very silent, Tony noticed this and joked about it but Richard said he was just stressed up. Richard got home and made a mental note to relax well in order to banish the reoccurring thought and immediately he opened his wallet, a passport slipped out of his wallet and as he picked it up, his nightmares returned. He stared at the passport of Tonia which he took her to snap about a year ago and all he wanted to do was work until dawn so that he would not sleep and have nightmares. ********** ********** Mr. Badmus dropped the phone on the table and smiled. ‘Now things are going as planned’, he thought. If she would not accept the easy way, she would accept the hard way. ********** ********** I walked into my ever silent street around 9pm in the night after the concert. My ministration had gone so well that I had been thanking God all through. I banished all thoughts of Kelvin as I made my way home cos I wouldn’t want him to spoil my day. After the service, I received so many thanks from people around and the coordinators gave me an envelope which I hadn’t opened yet including a bag which I guess contains beverages and other things. I had just stepped out of the church when a girl of eighteen walked up to me and said, “Miss Belina?” I turned around, “yes?” “Pls ma, i love your voice, your song and everything about you and I would like you to be my mentor, plsss?” I laughed, “for starters, I am not ma, you can call me Belina,&why not, I would definitely be glad to be ur mentor”, I said. She was so happy that she jumped on me & apologized later & I laughed. We later exchanged numbers &she promised to call me. I was about entering my compound when I made a mental note to jot down everything that happened today in my diary, d day seemed to be a blessed day. I entered my house & I was instantly grabbed from behind. The last thing that came to my mind b4 I passed out was, “I don die” *** “Brother Wale..”, pastor Adewuyi called. Adewale opened his eyes slowly & the first thing that he saw was a ceiling fan. I don’t have a ceiling fan in my house, he thought. “Brother Wale, are u ok?” d pastor asked looking worried. Adewale turned to d speaker & noticed that it was Pastor Adewuyi & became more confused. Am I here for deliverance? He wondered but when he sat up, he noticed that he was on d altar everything that happened including the reason why he was there became clear to him. He looked at d pastor & said, “Pastor, I am not ok, in fact, I am distressed”. Pastor Adewuyi took Adewale to his office & Wale relayed d events of d past 2days to d pastor. Pastor Adewuyi sighed & said to Wale, “u have to be strong for urself & for ur friend. The devil puts fear in our hearts in order to make us doubt God. You need to be close to God now more than ever cos surviving a coma can only happen with God” Adewale sighed & nodded b4 he joined hands with d pastor & they prayed for more than 20mins. Adewale left that place feeling confident that God would definitely do something spectacular. *** Prisca dialed Belina’s number d 9th time that night & still heard” the number had been switched off. She hissed as she threw d phone on d bed.
Catch the next episode in the evenyn

1 Like

Re: BEAUTIFUL BELINA(A Story By Nissi Adeola) by teel123(f): 10:23pm On Feb 04, 2017
Calismart how is you. Hope yoU is fyn

(1) (Reply)

Story : Remember To Forget Me / Best Romance Story U Have Read On Nairaland / ODE: A Yoruba Urban Fantasy (rewrite)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.