Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,430 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

CCT: Document EFCC Presented Against Saraki Not From Me- GTB Official - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT: Document EFCC Presented Against Saraki Not From Me- GTB Official (592 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode: "Saraki Not An Armed Robber Or Their Sponsor" / Police Tells Saraki Not To Interfere In Investigation Of Gang Of Hired Assassins / Bukola Saraki Not Licensed To Practice Medicine In UK - General Medical Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CCT: Document EFCC Presented Against Saraki Not From Me- GTB Official by babanett: 6:59pm On Jan 18, 2017
CCT: Document EFCC Presented Against Saraki Not From Me- GTB Official

Kehinde Abdulsalam
Jan 18, 2017
0 223

Nwachukwu Amazu, head of the fund transfer unit of the Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) has insisted that the purported document the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission ( EFCC) presented against the Senate President, Bukola Saraki at the Code of Conduct Bureau was not from him.
Amazu is being presented as one of the witnesses in the alleged under declaration of assets by the Senate President, Bukola Saraki.
When asked to explain in relations to exhibit 8 and 9 why he could not confirm the account, Amazu admitted that the document confirming the transfer of fund was destroyed and he had no opportunity to see it before it was destroyed.
Counsel to the Federal Government, Rotimi Jacobs however countered the witness saying he had sometimes said in paragraph 59 of the cross examination that the teller reflected the same order that the previous payments to the defendant was done.
“Can you tell the court how you got the document you forwarded to EFCC? Jacobs asked
Amazu replied saying ‘ I was not the officer responsible for the purported documents forwarded to EFCC and I have no knowledge of that.
TheBriefng recalls that on Tuesday, Amazu, who had before now testified that Saraki transferred funds to his accounts in the United States (US) and London at the time he was Kwara state governor admitted that there was no evidence to show‎ that the defendant operated those accounts.
He said the transfer of funds to American Express Bank of New York was for accounts operated by American Card Services, and not by the defendant‎.
‎Contrary to his earlier testimony that an operator of a credit card must have a bank account, Amazu said the issuer of Saraki’s credit card was not a bank.
The Chairman of the Tribunal, Danladi Umar adjourned to 8th and 9th of February 2017 for continuation of trial.‎
Re: CCT: Document EFCC Presented Against Saraki Not From Me- GTB Official by koladebrainiac(m): 7:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
Let them be dome with this man n lets move on
Re: CCT: Document EFCC Presented Against Saraki Not From Me- GTB Official by rusher14: 7:43pm On Jan 18, 2017
Saraki's Nairaland spin doctor well done.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

As A Freedom Fighter I Prefer Buhari Alive Than Dead / Okowa Didn’t Lose $10m To Girlfriend, Says Delta / I Did Not Ask The Pay Master To Bring Money To My House, Says Sacked Ondo Speake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.