Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,309 members, 7,867,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:11 AM

NBS: 29 States Generated N317.79bn In Six Months - Thisday - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBS: 29 States Generated N317.79bn In Six Months - Thisday (8308 Views)

Tinubu Settles For Ambode, Despite Aregbesola’s Plot - ThisDay / IBB Speaks To THISDAY, Affirms Statement - Thisday / Ibrahm Magu & Judas Iscariot Advert On ThisDay Newspaper (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBS: 29 States Generated N317.79bn In Six Months - Thisday by Lordave: 9:49am On Jan 19, 2017
Borno was doing fine under GEJ, despite the Northern elite orchestrated insurgency, Buhari just couldn't keep up with GEJ's good work and Borno slipped in IGR despite Boko Haram been technically defeatd.
Re: NBS: 29 States Generated N317.79bn In Six Months - Thisday by djbobby007: 9:55am On Jan 19, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
Hmmm Ogun State second Not that I am hating oooo but how come Where are they generating the money from
Just curious shocked
ignorant, ogun state is d most industrialized state in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: NBS: 29 States Generated N317.79bn In Six Months - Thisday by TheChapters: 9:58am On Jan 19, 2017
Lordave:
Borno was doing fine under GEJ, despite the Northern elite orchestrated insurgency, Buhari just couldn't keep up with GEJ's good work and Borno slipped in IGR despite Boko Haram been technically defeatd.

Is Buhari the governor of Borno state? Lmaoo

4 Likes

Re: NBS: 29 States Generated N317.79bn In Six Months - Thisday by tobtap: 9:58am On Jan 19, 2017
Flyoruboy:

Incase you didn't know, Ogun is the country's industrial hub, after Lagos, and even attractrs more industries these days.

http://businessdayonline.com/2015/02/ogun-ikeja-top-manufacturers-investment-destinations-in-2014/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/why-more-companies-are-moving-to-ogun/

https://www.nairaland.com/2322312/ogun-state-nigerias-emerging-industrial/6
ogun actually is the most industrialised state in nigeria... since 2014.... and southwest accounts for 68% of all industrial output in nigeria

6 Likes

Re: NBS: 29 States Generated N317.79bn In Six Months - Thisday by ephi123(f): 10:05am On Jan 19, 2017
udees:

What do you mean--Are you living in lagos--Do't you understand that all the nation functioning port are in lagos--,all the oil companies with high level managers and director that has no operation in lagos are paying their tax to lagos state government,,Hotels,banks and and other servicing companies operates their head offices in lagos--a practice that is denying the host state of such companies their revenue source---That is why nigeria would continue to remains this way and make some comunities hostiles because this is daytime rubbery.

Well, Lagos made itself conducive to business operations. Other states should do the same.

8 Likes

Re: NBS: 29 States Generated N317.79bn In Six Months - Thisday by Lordave: 10:05am On Jan 19, 2017
TheChapters:

Is Buhari the governor of Borno state? Lmaoo
So the technical defeat of Boko Haram should be attribute to the governors of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa abi?

1 Like

Re: NBS: 29 States Generated N317.79bn In Six Months - Thisday by kayLion(m): 10:12am On Jan 19, 2017
Our wonderful "constituted Authority" didn't generate anything I guess...Jan-June 2016 figures not in by Jan 2017...soon, we will shout Odua country?.. see Ogun state moving ahead...E go Shock us!!
Re: NBS: 29 States Generated N317.79bn In Six Months - Thisday by erico2k2(m): 10:18am On Jan 19, 2017
zxcvb:
I so much Love Lagos... How Lagos increases it's IGR year in year out still surprises me...

Despite the Economy being in recession it still had a massive IGR... Nigeria as a whole needs to learn a few things from lagos.

Ogun's IGR is quite impressive...

I was hoping to see Kebbi's IGR but it wasnt recorded.. I am pretty sure kebbi isn't doing badly in terms of Revenue Generation...

Watch out for Kebbi cuz that state is about to "shock" the rest of Nigeria!!!
Lagos should lead year i n year out cos of its high commercial activities.Followed by PH
Re: NBS: 29 States Generated N317.79bn In Six Months - Thisday by TheChapters: 11:35am On Jan 19, 2017
Lordave:
So the technical defeat of Boko Haram should be attribute to the governors of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa abi?

I ask again, Is Buhari the governor of Borno state? The thread is about IGR and not Boko haram.

2 Likes

Re: NBS: 29 States Generated N317.79bn In Six Months - Thisday by ScotsReferendum: 12:32pm On Jan 19, 2017
ephi123:

Well, Lagos made itself conducive to business operations. Other states should do the same.

Through Federal seaports and former capital status
Re: NBS: 29 States Generated N317.79bn In Six Months - Thisday by ephi123(f): 12:35pm On Jan 19, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

Through Federal seaports and former capital status

They had a good foundation, fair point, but they built on that foundation. They did not tear it down.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBS: 29 States Generated N317.79bn In Six Months - Thisday by Ballmer: 1:06pm On Jan 19, 2017
udees:

What do you mean--Are you living in lagos--Do't you understand that all the nation functioning port are in lagos--,all the oil companies with high level managers and director that has no operation in lagos are paying their tax to lagos state government,,Hotels,banks and and other servicing companies operates their head offices in lagos--a practice that is denying the host state of such companies their revenue source---That is why nigeria would continue to remains this way and make some comunities hostiles because this is daytime rubbery.

Igbo boy do not die of hatred for Lagos. Lagos state govt did not drag oil multinational companies from the creek to Lagos. Rivers still has many of them located in PH, same goes for Delta in Asaba

Your unborn generation will just die of lamention over the success of Lagos. Citizen of other states in USA do not wail their unborn generation to death bcoz New York is a more prosperous state nor do British citizen wake their dead fore fathers with wailing agony of pain bcoz London is more prosperous.

Why have you chosen to lament your soul to the grave bcoz Lagos is a success. Why wail your unborn generation to their graves before they are born over Lagos. The capital of Nigeria was changed to Abuja yet Lagos continue to be prosperous why decide to condemn your destiny to this pathetic wail of agony bcoz of Lagos state.

May the God you worship not save you from this eternal wail of lamention you have condemned your soul, amen. May more of your generation both born n unborn continue on this part of perdition you have chosen till your entire household is completely wiped off the face of the earth Amen.

3 Likes

Re: NBS: 29 States Generated N317.79bn In Six Months - Thisday by Blue3k(m): 1:32pm On Jan 19, 2017
Akwa Ibom improving staying in top 10.

Btw judging by tax list. Lagos port doesn't seem to be biggest driver.

Anyone notice Kano rocket up. They more than doubled there igr this year.

1 Share

Re: NBS: 29 States Generated N317.79bn In Six Months - Thisday by RockHard: 1:35pm On Jan 19, 2017
Blue3k:
Akwa Ibom improving staying in top 10.

Btw judging by tax list. Lagos port doesn't seem to be biggest driver.

Anyone notice Kano rocket up. They more than doubled there igr this year.

You are correct. Revenues from Lagos seaports, airports, and land borders ALL go to the federal government and not the state government.

1 Like

Re: NBS: 29 States Generated N317.79bn In Six Months - Thisday by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:54pm On Jan 19, 2017
djbobby007:
ignorant, ogun state is d most industrialized state in Nigeria
Okay noted but you need not call me ignorant. I sought to know.
Impart knowledge but not insults
Re: NBS: 29 States Generated N317.79bn In Six Months - Thisday by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:55pm On Jan 19, 2017
Re: NBS: 29 States Generated N317.79bn In Six Months - Thisday by giles14(m): 3:45pm On Jan 19, 2017
Divinerace:

shataaap dere!!!

Kano with de population of 22million people is generating how much??
wot is dis fool sayin?
in my post did you see me comparing any state
Re: NBS: 29 States Generated N317.79bn In Six Months - Thisday by proeast(m): 3:47pm On Jan 19, 2017
TeamSimple:
Lagos revenue is Half of 29 states combine..Issokay
What do you expect when over 90% of imports, banks, oil companies, embassies, industries and almost everything of worth is centralized there. Yes Lagos will continue to burst at the seems with the spill over going to Ogun state while the rest of the country suffers for it!
Re: NBS: 29 States Generated N317.79bn In Six Months - Thisday by Blue3k(m): 3:56pm On Jan 19, 2017
proeast:
What do you expect when over 90% of imports, banks, oil companies, embassies, industries and almost everything of worth is centralized there. Yes Lagos will continue to burst at the seems with the spill over going to Ogun state while the rest of the country suffers for it!

The other states can compete and follow good example of lagos or figure out ways to attract business. New York state and Texas compete alot. I sit down watch TV see ads for Starting business in New york.

Akwa Ibom as example could build bigger deep water port. They could make tax breaks, reduce cost of getting certificate of occupancy etc. Crying about Lagos success won't help. Good policy will though.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Talks Hot On How To Tackle Youth Unemployment, Poverty, Poor Education / APGA Warns Members Against Campaigning For Other Parties / Subsidy: Police Save Journalist From Being Set Ablaze By Hoodlums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.