Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,985 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC (9794 Views)

Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics / List Of Courses You Must Not Study In Nigeria / Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by saydfact(m): 10:40am On Jan 19, 2017
The National University Commission (NUC) has warned that anyone studying the courses listed below "are not in school" because the courses are not fully accredited.

1. University of Nigeria, Nsukka (Russian, Dentistry and Statistics)

2. University of Benin (Anatomy and Pharmacy)

3. University of Calabar (Business Management, Theatre and Media, Arts and Public Health)

4. University of Jos (History and International Relations, Medical Laboratory Science, Biochemistry, Science Laboratory and Technology)

5. Federal University of Technology, Owerri (Architecture and Microbiology)

6. Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (Banking)

7. Federal University of Technology, Minna (Biology Education, Chemistry Education, Geography Education, Industrial and Technical Education, Mathematics Education and Physics Education)

8. University of Abuja (Accounting, English Language, Linguistics, Philosophy, Agricultural Education, Biology, Education, Chemistry Education, Economics Education, Education -Social Science, Geography Education, Integrated Science, Mathematics Education, Law, Chemistry, Microbiology)

9. Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi (Automobile Education, Building, Technology Education, Business Education, Electrical Electronics Technology Education, Integrated Science, Architecture, Building Industrial, Design Survey & Geo-informatics, Applied Geophysics, Engineering Physics, Physics Electronics)

10. University of Uyo (Efik Ibibio)

11. Nnamdi Azikiwe University (Nursing Science, Industrial/Production Engineering and Mechanical Engineering)

12. University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun, Delta state. (Chemistry, Environmental Management & Toxicology Geology, Geophysics Mathematics)

13. Federal University, Wukari (English/Literary Studies)

14. Rivers State University of Science & Technology, Port Harcourt. (Quantity Surveying)

15. Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma (Material & Production Engineering, Architecture, Building, Biochemistry, Botany, Microbiology and Political Science)

16. Abia State University (English Language Education, French Education, Igbo Education, History Education, Religious Studies Education, Education in Library Studies/Igbo/English/Social Studies/Government, Biology Education, Chemistry Education, Economics Education, Geography Education, Guidance & Counselling and Mass Communication)

17. Enugu State University of Science & Technology (Library & Information Science)

18. Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye (Christian Religious Studies Education, History Education, Islamic Studies Education and Electrical Electronics Engineering)

19. Ekiti State University (African Traditional Religion, Religious Studies and Civil Engineering)

20. Lagos State Universit ,LASU (English Language, French, Philosophy and Yoruba)

21. Imo State University (English & Literary Studies, French, Theatre Arts, Medical Laboratory Science and Nursing Law)

22. Delta State University (Accounting & Finance, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mechanical & Metallurgical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering and Law)

24. Niger Delta University (Adult & Community Education, Economics Education, Geography Education, Marketing Education, Political Science, Education Religious, Studies Education, Social Studies, Botany, Computer Science, Mathematics Pure & Applied Chemistry and Zoology)

25. Anambra State University (Early Childhood Education, Human Kinetics, Geology and Microbiology)

26. Ebonyi State University (Building/Woodwork Education, Physics Education, Applied Biology, Applied Microbiology, Applied Statistics, Biotechnology, Geology and Industrial Mathematics)

27. Nasarawa State University (English)

28. Cross River University of Technology (Physiology, Wood Production Engineering and Architecture)

29. Kebbi State University of Science & Technology (Information Technology)

30. Babcock University (French)

31. Benson Idahosa University (Business Education)

32. Ajayi Crowther University (Actuarial Science & Insurance)

33. Caritas University (Bio-technology and Microbiology)

34. Kwararafa University, Wukari (Public Administration, Computer Science Statistics, Economics, Mass Communication and Sociology)

35. Novena University (Chemistry)

36. Joseph Ayo Babalola University (Building and Quantity Surveying)

37. Tansian University, Anambra (Architecture)

copied: www.palmchatnow.com

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by castrokins(m): 10:57am On Jan 19, 2017
Na Wa O

2 Likes

Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 19, 2017
nonsense list. . . people have graduated from those department for years and have secured good jobs even under the FG, so what's the clowning about. . . NUC is just a salary collecting commission.

4 Likes

Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by AdeOluwaTomiwa(m): 11:35am On Jan 19, 2017
LOL that babcock(French) weak me

So someone will pay 600k+ and study French kwa??in this buhari period

7 Likes

Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by BLACKCHARGER(m): 12:22pm On Jan 19, 2017
AdeOluwaTomiwa:
LOL that babcock(French) weak me

So someone will pay 600k+ and study French kwa??in this buhari period

Omo no be small.. grin
Hu french epp

2 Likes

Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by saydfact(m): 12:28pm On Jan 19, 2017
blackberlin:
nonsense list. . . people have graduated from those department for years and have secured good jobs even under the FG, so what's the clowning about. . . NUC is just a salary collecting commission.

like what diff does accreditation really do? no be same teachers and technics? lol
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by enfantdedieu: 1:23pm On Jan 19, 2017
Pls your opinions about the course,(Agric econs) my sister is about studying at the imo state university
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by saydfact(m): 1:30pm On Jan 19, 2017
enfantdedieu:
Pls your opinions about the course,(Agric econs) my sister is about studying at the imo state university

Agriculture is the next big thing now, if it works and Nigeria gets it right, she cld be in business but if it ends up as it has always been with failed policies..well well not good.

life is a risk, is ready ready for this?
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by jericco1(m): 1:35pm On Jan 19, 2017
Nawa o

1 Like

Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 19, 2017
The list is from 2015.
Caritas University has Been accredited for micro biology
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by enfantdedieu: 3:36pm On Jan 19, 2017
saydfact:

Agriculture is the next big thing now, if it works and Nigeria gets it right, she cld be in business but if it ends up as it has always been with failed policies..well well not good.

life is a risk, is ready ready for this?
thanks for your response. Am really scared cos of the infos i read online especially here on nairaland. Though am not in 9ja, but according to trending infos on nairaland, many courses are becoming inutile now in 9ja.

1 Like

Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 19, 2017
Imagine University of agriculture offering computer science.....
Haba
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by ecooperative4all: 4:30pm On Jan 19, 2017
@op please get your facts right ":there is no longer materials and production engineering in AAU it has been changed to industrial and production engineering which was fully accredited last two years by NUC:" I know this because I am a student there"
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by uyams(m): 5:42pm On Jan 19, 2017
Why this people no dey talk about the one u shouldn't study in poly or does it mean any course poly offer is authentic? If not for the fact say I wan become president of Nigeria one day,I for 4get dis schools certs, because certificate no mean anytin again unless u wan contest 4 govmnt position
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by jericco1(m): 6:43pm On Jan 19, 2017
Uniabuja thier own na curse o
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by saydfact(m): 6:45pm On Jan 19, 2017
ecooperative4all:
@op please get your facts right ":there is no longer materials and production engineering in AAU it has been changed to industrial and production engineering which was fully accredited last two years by NUC:" I know this because I am a student there"

Thanks for the important note.... Thump Up.
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by modaink333: 7:15pm On Jan 19, 2017
Na wa 4 absu oo na almost d whole course way d school de do be dat.......dey 4 kukuma ban d school
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by daveemuobo(m): 7:34pm On Jan 19, 2017
saydfact

Your browsing didn't tell you that UNIBEN has the only accredited doctor of pharmacy programme in the country?

Believe OP at your peril.This is his personal list.
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by Tinynita(f): 9:26pm On Jan 19, 2017
modaink333:
Na wa 4 absu oo na almost d whole course way d school de do be dat.......dey 4 kukuma ban d school
say Wat u know... I know many people that graduated from those departments mentioned that r now working
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 19, 2017
saydfact:

like what diff does accreditation really do? no be same teachers and technics? lol

It's just politics. The NUC always brings up that list to appear relevant, whereas they are not.

What the NUC is doing today is what the Ministry of Education should be handling. Still, Nigerian universities are not world class. I just pity those who brag about going to Unilag, U.I etc cos they think the world gives a damn.
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by Etzakoos(m): 11:39pm On Jan 19, 2017
undecidedThis Is Just Ur Opinion List
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by Guru9ja(m): 4:45am On Jan 20, 2017
People wont listen. The guy above me may end up regretting cos its obvious he studying one of those courses in the aforementioned universities

See more warning from NUC: http://www.guru9ja.com/2016/12/nuc-list-of-illegal-universities-in.html
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by saydfact(m): 6:30am On Jan 20, 2017
NUC shd do more than accredit University courses... The entire system needs a quality control and check... Even some accredited courses are 'sorry' - The education system needs total overhaul
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by leobrownish(m): 9:14am On Jan 20, 2017
tongue
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by leobrownish(m): 9:17am On Jan 20, 2017
tongue I wonder how many of the companies know if the courses were accredited or not. Abeg, who the accreditation don help? Diz one wey unemployment full country ... :p
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by saydfact(m): 10:09am On Jan 20, 2017
leobrownish:
tongue I wonder how many of the companies know if the courses were accredited or not. Abeg, who the accreditation don help? Diz one wey unemployment full country ... :p

maybe big companies really check - most times its not made public thou
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by NairalandTrendz: 11:23am On Jan 20, 2017
THE MSN QUIZ GAME
If you think you know the MSN then take this quiz to see how much you know about them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qe_YRd2i1c
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by BrutusOj(m): 12:54pm On Jan 20, 2017
blackberlin:
I guess you don't know that accreditation of courses are done regularly to ascertain if the department have enough human resources and facilities required for such course. If you graduate from a school this year and NUC goes for accreditation next year and meet only few of your lecturers on ground as a result of retirement or change of institution and no replacement of the vacant position of lecturers is done by your department, do you think NUC will be wrong not to accredit your course in your school?
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by BrutusOj(m): 1:05pm On Jan 20, 2017
saydfact:

There is a big difference if the usual naija factor of collecting bribe is taken care of and proper accreditation is done. it is to the help of present and incoming students,as it will avoid going for a course in which adequate infrastructure are not in place. To accredit a course means that all the requirements which include human resources(Lecturers) I mean qualified ones, lecture halls, standard laboratory for science inclined courses and library with adequate resource materials are in place. off course students will benefit more if all that I mentioned above are in order instead of managing an O' Level standard laboratory,struggling for lecture halls, managing only visiting lecturers as is always the case for most Nigerian university and having only one professor in some department.
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by BrutusOj(m): 1:07pm On Jan 20, 2017
uyams:
Why this people no dey talk about the one u shouldn't study in poly or does it mean any course poly offer is authentic? If not for the fact say I wan become president of Nigeria one day,I for 4get dis schools certs, because certificate no mean anytin again unless u wan contest 4 govmnt position
What's is the full meaning of NUC?
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by saydfact(m): 4:13pm On Jan 20, 2017
BrutusOj:
What's is the full meaning of NUC?

The National University Commission (NUC)
Re: University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC by saydfact(m): 4:19pm On Jan 20, 2017
BrutusOj:
There is a big difference if the usual naija factor of collecting bribe is taken care of and proper accreditation is done. it is to the help of present and incoming students,as it will avoid going for a course in which adequate infrastructure are not in place. To accredit a course means that all the requirements which include human resources(Lecturers) I mean qualified ones, lecture halls, standard laboratory for science inclined courses and library with adequate resource materials are in place. off course students will benefit more if all that I mentioned above are in order instead of managing an O' Level standard laboratory,struggling for lecture halls, managing only visiting lecturers as is always the case for most Nigerian university and having only one professor in some department.

That's the point - even the accredited ones, can you comfortably say they have half of what u listed above.. . Thanks for contributing.... U spoke what shd be, name any accredited uni or poly with a functional and up to date chemistry or mechanical lab.. Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which University Offers Hospitality And Tourism Mgt In Nigeria? / Uniport 18th Best University In Africa. No 1 In Nigeria. / UNICAF University Becomes A Member Of Sarua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.