Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,394 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite (834 Views)

Nigeria Urged To Exit ICC / Our Goal Is To Unite Nigerians In A Mutually Beneficial Relationship – Buhari / Igbos & Yorubas: It's Time To Unite Against These Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by IROHINOodua: 4:35pm On Jan 19, 2017
Igbo, Yoruba urged to unite
By Akin Olabode
Two traditional ethnic rivals, Yoruba and Igbos have been urged to forge a common front in the interest of their long suffering people, Irohinoodua reports. A professor of History and disciple of the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo made the appeal in Enugu today. Speaking at the Annual Convention of the Igbo Youth Movement, (IYM) Professor Banji Akintoye told the huge audience that the Yoruba and Igbo should stop recycling perceived evil done by their forebears but should rather understand the strategic interest of the two groups working together for the common good of both nations.
He said the Igbo and Yoruba should work together for the restructuring of Nigeria, so as to ensure self determination and sustainable development.
Akintoye, 82, was a former Senator in the defunct Unity Party of Nigeria, (UPN) led by the late Awolowo. Speaking at the event, Prof Obasi Igwe of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka said “Igbos want to give Nigeria a second chance but is Nigeria ready for second chance?” adding that the “nationality question cannot be answered outside the nationalities.”
Akintoye, speaking at the event said the Igbo and Yoruba need to come together to challenge a common problem that has kept the two ethnic groups subverted. He said “When Igbos go on the internet to abuse the Yoruba and vice-versa all you are telling your oppressors is that you both need a powerful Federal Government to manage you.”
Akintoye said his years of experience teaches him that the unity of the two ethnic rivals will serve their interest instead of investing in constant bickering over bitter past experiences. He said the differences between Awolowo and the founding father of the modern Igbo nation, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe were over-bloated adding that both were statesmen who merely disagreed on principle.
Former Governor of Anambra State, Mr Peter Obi said the Igbo and Yoruba have so many reasons to come together. He said “Federalism is a relationship between the centre and the states. To add local government is a confusion.” He said further “It is absurd that we have street lights at night in some of our cities that are in darkness. People decorate streets for Christmas where people have no food. This is not acceptable.”

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by darknetcom: 4:37pm On Jan 19, 2017
first the igbos have to abandon ipob....

zoo??...back to sender... angry

they should declare war and get biafra or sharrap online....

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by owodokiri: 4:38pm On Jan 19, 2017
They have started looking for whom to stab from the behind again... Tinubu and fayemi should first unite.., Aregbesola and that one that wears the tallest cap in Africa should also unite first...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by owodokiri: 4:38pm On Jan 19, 2017
They have started looking for whom to stab from the behind again... Tinubu and fayemi should first unite.., Aregbesola and that one that wears the talest cap in Africa should also unite first...

4 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by madridguy(m): 4:40pm On Jan 19, 2017
tongue
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by lovat(m): 4:42pm On Jan 19, 2017
I don't have issues with people based on tribe rather i do get issues with them for their attitude.

Yorubas and Igbos would have been able to nite but Internet has come to mess up everything
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by lovat(m): 4:43pm On Jan 19, 2017
darknetcom:

Take some kids serious at your own peril

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by JBismarck(m): 4:44pm On Jan 19, 2017
Believe me, in real life nobody fights anybody. The fight is only online.I and my Igbo friends usually laugh the e-fight off in my area.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by darknetcom: 4:46pm On Jan 19, 2017
owodokiri:
They have started looking for whom to stab from the behind again... Tinubu and fayemi should first unite.., Aregbesola and that one that wears the tallest cap in Africa should also unite first...

na una dey stab na own selves you mofos...

nigeria gave bakassi to cameroon to prevent france from helping biafra in the civil war...idioots... angry..

they dont like to read,but they shout the loudest....idiiioooootts... angry...
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by Eastwalk(m): 4:47pm On Jan 19, 2017
Afonjas are back biter
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by PDJT: 4:48pm On Jan 19, 2017
[s]
darknetcom:

[/s]
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by ObaKlaz: 4:49pm On Jan 19, 2017
Ifraud, AKA Flattinos/Osu/Developers/Chestbeaters/Pablo Escobar VS Afonjas, AKA Brown-roofers/Ritualists
... Please fight on; I can't get enough of you guys! tongue grin grin
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by lovat(m): 4:51pm On Jan 19, 2017
Let this entity give way so that everyone can go their way
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by darknetcom: 4:51pm On Jan 19, 2017
lovat:
Take some kids serious at your own peril

me??..am not taking them serious,they are the people taking themselves too serious..
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by darknetcom: 4:52pm On Jan 19, 2017
PDJT:
[s][/s]

say something or get lost...
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by lovat(m): 4:54pm On Jan 19, 2017
darknetcom:

me??..am not taking them serious,they are the people taking themselves too serious..

You are the KID I'm talking about with the first comment you made

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by darknetcom: 4:55pm On Jan 19, 2017
igbos are idiioots...

how can you believe something that a mad person says because they claim to be igbo??...

is kanus behavior okay to una?
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by betty202020(m): 4:55pm On Jan 19, 2017
Urging igbos and yorubas to unite is one thing, then implementing it us another thing. let the political class or social-cultural groups like Ohaneze ndi Igbo and odudua consultative forum to initiate some sorts of youth workshops etc to highlight the needs of coexistence of the two tribes and other practicable means of uniting and assuring them of their (elders) support. It is the seeds that was sown by the so called elders we are reaping now.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by darknetcom: 4:56pm On Jan 19, 2017
betty202020:
Urging igbos and yorubas to unite is one thing, then implementing it us another thing. let the political class or social-cultural groups like Ohaneze individual Igbo and odudua consultative forum initiate some sorts of youth workshops to highlight the needs of coexistence of the two tribes and other practicable means of uniting and assuring them of their (eld) support. It is the seeds that was sown by the so called elders we are reaping now.

gbam....
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by PDJT: 4:57pm On Jan 19, 2017
Ok. Please bring back our over 3.5 million relatives you lots killed or starved to death through food blockade, in the case of Genocidist Awolowo.

Anyway, there is no basis for Unity.
Yoruba should focus on Oduduwanistan, let us concentrate on the restoration of our Republic of Biafra - Land of the Rising Sun.

To be fair, the thought of Biafra leave a huge smile on my face.

I definitely Love Biafra smiley

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by darknetcom: 5:01pm On Jan 19, 2017
PDJT:
Ok. Please bring back our over 3.5 milion relatives you lots killed or starved to death through food blockade, in the case of Genocidist Awolowo.

Yoruba should focus on Oduduwanistan, let us concentrate on the restoration of our Republic of Biafra - Land of the Rising Sun.

go confront the north with that...

i still.dont understand why they did that nonesense...

because of 4 useless people 30000 had to die??...then 3.5million??...

that doesnt make sense to me...
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by hucienda: 5:01pm On Jan 19, 2017
1967 and 2015.

Two numbers at the crux of the matter.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by Eastwalk(m): 5:06pm On Jan 19, 2017
PDJT:
Ok. Please bring back our over 3.5 million relatives you lots killed or starved to death through food blockade, in the case of Genocidist Awolowo.

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by PDJT: 5:13pm On Jan 19, 2017
darknetcom:

go confront the north with that...

i still.dont understand why they did that nonesense...

because of 4 useless people 30000 had to die??...then 3.5million??...

that doesnt make sense to me...

You're quite an incoherent young man.

Is it the north that is calling for Unity now?
As for them, they will know no peace, except if those bloods they spilled were not of human beings.
How many of them now live in IDP camps 17 years into the 21st century?

The evil that men do, live with them.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by owodokiri: 5:15pm On Jan 19, 2017
darknetcom:

na una dey stab na own selves you mofos...

nigeria gave bakassi to cameroon to prevent france from helping biafra in the civil war...idioots... angry..

they dont like to read,but they shout the loudest....idiiioooootts... angry...

E pain am..

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by darknetcom: 5:18pm On Jan 19, 2017
owodokiri:

E pain am..

still no biafra in 2017... tongue...
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Urged To Unite by darknetcom: 5:19pm On Jan 19, 2017
PDJT:

You're quite an incoherent young man.

Is it the north that is calling for Unity now?
As for them, they will know no peace, except if those bloods they spilled were not of human beings.
How many of them now live in IDP camps 17 years into the 21st century?

The evil that men do, live with them.

sharrap...go deal with the north alone....smuck...

(1) (Reply)

I Am New Here. Can You All Please Welcome Me. / Nigeria Is Sitting On A Gun-powder!!! / What Is Wrong In Aso Rock?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.