Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

What Causes High BP - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Causes High BP (983 Views)

Nicotine In E-cigarette Causes High Blood Pressure / Hypertension And High BP Reversal Therapy / What Causes High Cholesterol In Adolescents-what Are Normal Cholesterol Levels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Causes High BP by Osinitu(m): 5:04pm On Jan 19, 2017
Hello doctors in the house,

Please I recently went to an hospital cause I took ill so I had my BP checked and I was told it was high. I was shocked because I don't stress myself and I feel very fine, I'm not overweight, actively involved in sports I play basketball almost every weekends so I want to know what could be the reason.

Although I told the doctor I haven't been sleeping well at nights for about a year so he prescribed some drugs to calm be down and told me to return after couple of days which I did but it was still high so he said the lack of sleep for a long time has made the BP sustained( whatever that means) he however still prescribed some other drugs for me.

So my doctors what could really be the matter?? Any suggestions

I even went for hiv test because of that, came out negative.....i feel very healthy and fine so why the high bp

Also, a point of note I'm always scared, for no reason at all including when the pressure is being taken, can that be the reason??

Help a brother out.....Thanks
Re: What Causes High BP by obua: 7:21am On Jan 24, 2017
Are you diabetic, do you take soft drinks a lot, why don't you sleep well, how is your work environment
Re: What Causes High BP by Osinitu(m): 7:23am On Jan 24, 2017
obua:
Are you diabetic, do you take soft drinks a lot, why don't you sleep well, how is your work environment
My work environment is quite relaxing sitting before a computer mostly.....I stopped taking soft drinks even when I was taking it, it wasn't a regular thing and No I'm not diabetic.
Re: What Causes High BP by vincent10(m): 7:41am On Jan 24, 2017
obua:

Taking soft drinks is a problem
Taking alcohol beverage is a problem
Drinking too much water causes oedema.

I don tire ooo.

The high bp could be hereditary.
Re: What Causes High BP by Osinitu(m): 7:47am On Jan 24, 2017
vincent10:

I don tire ooo.

Neither my mum nor my dad has it......and to the best of my knowledge none of my siblings have it too
Re: What Causes High BP by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 9:39am On Jan 24, 2017
You talk about u sitting in front of a computer all day. Well that is bad for the heart. The body requires that we keep moving and avoid sitting for too long. Research has shown that the exercises one engages in cannot counter the harmful effects of sitting for too long.

How is your diet like? Do you take junks and highly processed foods? Are you foods heavily laden with salt? Do you take fruits and vegetables on a regular?

1 Like

Re: What Causes High BP by Osinitu(m): 11:04am On Jan 24, 2017
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
You talk about u sitting in front of a computer all day. Well that is bad for the heart. The body requires that we keep moving and avoid sitting for too long. Research has shown that the exercises one engages in cannot counter the harmful effects of sitting for too long.

How is your diet like? Do you take junks and highly processed foods? Are you foods heavily laden with salt? Do you take fruits and vegetables on a regular?
I'm actively involved in exercise plus I don't take heavily ladened salt foods....Just normal regular diet
Re: What Causes High BP by lollmaolol(m): 9:35pm On Mar 27, 2017
It could be inherited

Use ur medications and it will be under control
Re: What Causes High BP by Juliearth(f): 12:37am On Mar 29, 2017
vincent10:

I don tire ooo.

Actually,drinking water prevents/cures oedema.
Re: What Causes High BP by Juliearth(f): 12:40am On Mar 29, 2017
Osinitu:
Hello doctors in the house,

Please I recently went to an hospital cause I took ill so I had my BP checked and I was told it was high. I was shocked because I don't stress myself and I feel very fine, I'm not overweight, actively involved in sports I play basketball almost every weekends so I want to know what could be the reason.

Although I told the doctor I haven't been sleeping well at nights for about a year so he prescribed some drugs to calm be down and told me to return after couple of days which I did but it was still high so he said the lack of sleep for a long time has made the BP sustained( whatever that means) he however still prescribed some other drugs for me.

So my doctors what could really be the matter?? Any suggestions

I even went for hiv test because of that, came out negative.....i feel very healthy and fine so why the high bp

Also, a point of note I'm always scared, for no reason at all including when the pressure is being taken, can that be the reason??

Help a brother out.....Thanks

OP,considering all that you have said,yours could be hereditory. Take your drugs holistically and rest adequately and you'd be fine....there are natural supplements and smoothie that you can add to your diet to quicken your recovery. You can google that up

(1) (Reply)

Important Facts On Ovulation And Fertility To Help You Get Pregnant / Portable Ultrasound Scanner For Sale / Mother Muskura Bibi, 23 Gives Birth To A Real-life 'mermaid' In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.