Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President (3038 Views)

Oluwo Of Iwo Insists On Installing A Fulani As Grand Waziri Of Yorubaland / Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest / Nigerian Army Has Not Declared The Terrorists Fulani As Terrorits1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by kamalcole3000: 6:01pm On Jan 19, 2017
For a thousand and one reasons.
If you want me to list them please signify andi will state them for all to see.

3 Likes

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by BlackDBagba: 6:06pm On Jan 19, 2017
Oh shut it! angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 19, 2017
Be like say you no get job. undecided

1 Like

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by vatiqan(m): 6:10pm On Jan 19, 2017
@ Op, out of 181million Nigerians, how many votes do you have? One (1) ba? So how do you think you could achieve what you have in mind?

Atiku..... Atiku..... Atiku.... Shekarau
Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by kamalcole3000: 6:24pm On Jan 19, 2017
BlackDBagba:
Oh shut it! angry
A typical Fulani response
Low IQ

Or a Yoruba muslim apologist.
Baba sikira the meat seller

13 Likes

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 19, 2017
B

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by owodokiri: 6:33pm On Jan 19, 2017
It is not hate. It is a statement of fact; Fulanis are the custodians of the most retrogressive culture in the world. They like their conservative prehistoric existence the way it is and they are totally fine with it. Modernization is for the ants.. If you are expecting such a group to lead you out of your squalid existence..., OYO is your case..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by Blue3k(m): 6:39pm On Jan 19, 2017
So it's his ethnic background you disagree with. What about individual fulani man that has same political beliefs? Are they disqualified because of their ethnicity?

1 Like

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by Naija9090: 6:48pm On Jan 19, 2017
You all are wasting your time. Yoruba muslims will continue to vote for Fulani because they are brothers in Islam.

11 Likes

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by TheChapters: 7:11pm On Jan 19, 2017
Naija9090:
You all are wasting your time. Yoruba muslims will continue to vote for Fulani because they are brothers in Islam.

Cannibals again.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by Eastactivist: 7:14pm On Jan 19, 2017
Op take
Kuku keep voting.
Buhari still dey do press up you are wailing wait make him finish.

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 19, 2017
Take heart my dear friend because you have to deal with the change

1 Like

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by QuotaSystem: 7:31pm On Jan 19, 2017
owodokiri:
It is not hate. It is a statement of fact; Fulanis are the custodians of the most retrogressive culture in the world. They like their conservative prehistoric existence the way it is and they are totally fine with it. Modernization is for the ants.. If you are expecting such a group to lead you out of your squalid existence..., OYO is your case..

There is nothing more backward and retrogressive than the OSU culture of the Ibos, and this is general knowledge.

You are the custodians of the most backward, satanic, and barbaric culture in humankind. No contest.

What's ironic is the fact that this confused poster is one of Atiku Abubakar's biggest campaigners; what a bitter pained ipod yewt.

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by Eastactivist: 7:38pm On Jan 19, 2017
QuotaSystem:

There is nothing more backward and retrogressive than the OSU culture of the Ibos, and this is general knowledge.

You are the custodians of the most backward, satanic, and barbaric culture in humankind. No contest.

What's ironic is the fact that this confused poster is one of Atiku Abubakar's biggest campaigners; what a bitter pained ipod yewt.

LOL e pain am

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by Unimaginable123: 7:38pm On Jan 19, 2017
Yoruba people didn't vote buhari as much as they are trying to make people feel they did.
It was like 49% to GEJ and 51% to buhari. It took only the votes from Enugu to overturn all d south West votes for buhari.
We watched it all live.

3 Likes

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by Unimaginable123: 7:39pm On Jan 19, 2017
QuotaSystem:

and what can u say about obabaku in Yorubaland?

11 Likes

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by Habakus: 7:43pm On Jan 19, 2017
Unimaginable123:
Yoruba people didn't vote buhari as much as they are trying to make people feel they did.
It was like 49% to GEJ and 51% to buhari. It took only the votes from Enugu to overturn all d south West votes for buhari.
We watched it all live.
Please,don't even try to exonerate the SW from all these show of shame this government is displaying daily.
They were warned but they wouldn't listen,and they were proud and even tried to rub it on our faces that they massively supported Buhari.
Just a very few handful of them were against Buhari; the likes of FFK and Fayose.
Some others were speaking from both sides of the mouth.
What still angers me till this moment is that Buhari couldn't even wait for some days to atleast pretend like he was mourning the victims of the IDP massacre before shuttling off for his jamboree. I mean,where in the world is it done like that? Who the hell advices him? Tufiakwa!

9 Likes

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by Abagworo(m): 7:48pm On Jan 19, 2017
You are right. After 2019 it is time for Igbos then 2031 for Kanuri.
Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by QuotaSystem: 7:55pm On Jan 19, 2017
Eastactivist:

LOL e pain am

Lmao, thats hilarious when I am not the one that started a thread to protest Fulani domination.

The pain is in you, inbuilt and genetically transmitted since 1966 cheesy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by farokkunle: 7:57pm On Jan 19, 2017
QuotaSystem:

cool cool

CAGE this inferior bastard for boldly even mentioning the great IGBO with his stinking decaying inferior tongue .

cage this bitter fanatic , do you ever think you can intimidate the greatest mind like genius born IPOB ?

grin

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by Eastactivist: 8:03pm On Jan 19, 2017
QuotaSystem:

Lmao, thats hilarious when I am not the one that started a thread to protest Fulani domination.

The pain is in you, inbuilt and genetically transmitted since 1966 cheesy.

Stop ranting out of context, the thread was obviously created by one of your own (a. K. A zombies).
But I think This is you guys problem...
http://sunnewsonline.com/northerners-dont-know-how-to-use-power-yerima/

You all need another colonization grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by QuotaSystem: 8:06pm On Jan 19, 2017
Eastactivist:

Stop ranting out of contest, the thread was obviously created by one of your own (a. K. A zombies).
But I think This is you guys problem...
http://sunnewsonline.com/northerners-dont-know-how-to-use-power-yerima/

You all need another colonization grin

At least they know how to get power to re-colonize you grin tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by Eastactivist: 8:12pm On Jan 19, 2017
QuotaSystem:

At least they know how to get power to colonize you cheesy

I guess you didn't read that news... The Northerners really knows how to get power but appoint southerners who knows how to better their people...

Go and check the distinction between colonization and sheer foolishness grin
Brother read the news and understand your problem. Another colonization will be the solution but that will be from the east side for it to work perfectly. cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by QuotaSystem: 8:22pm On Jan 19, 2017
Eastactivist:

I guess you didn't read that news... The Northerners really knows how to get power but appoint southerners who knows how to better their people...

Go and check the distinction between colonization and sheer foolishness grin
Brother read the news and understand your problem. Another colonization will be the solution but that will be from the east side for it to work perfectly. cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by owodokiri: 4:57am On Jan 20, 2017
QuotaSystem:

The igbo will be the first to tell you that the "Osu-caste" practice, which by the way is almost non-existent as we speak, is bad.. Thats where the difference lies.. The igbo man has acknowledged that cultural flaw and as a progressive part of a continuously modernizing world, has made great strides to imbibe more acceptable measures of dealing with the sort of societal questions that threw up that practice in the past.. Now that is a hallmark of a forward-looking society.. A society that takes the best from other cultures and dumps her worst cultural attributes as a means of modernizing her cultural tools while keeping the helpful part of her cultural make-up.

But with you lot in Sokoto, what we see is a funny insistence on empty cultural chauvinism. Yours is a haughty society bedeviled with prehistoric practices and shackled in the main with the worst form of sharia.., a society that produces the highest number of beggars in the world.., a society that produces the highest number of uneducated females in the world.., a society that at certain times was the only place where we had polio left in the world.., a society where women are treated like commodities to the extent that a senator from Kaduna once documented his own wife as part of his property while declaring his assets!

A society that has ruined the biggest hope of the black man with a corrupt and atavistically retrogressive political set-up post 1970 in-spite of being at the saddle of an economy that generated over a trillion dollar within this period..., yet you are there in that your dingy tribal hole trying shamelessly to lay claims to some sort progressive thinking just like your owanbeic cousins in the south... Common dude.., you cant give what you dont have... The fulani hasnt got it.... Absolutely nothing to contribute to the modernization of this continent. And like i said, thats a statement of fact, not hate.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by Nobody: 5:02am On Jan 20, 2017
owodokiri:

The igbo will be the first to tell you that the "Osu-caste" practice, which by the way is almost non-existent as we speak, is bad.. Thats where the difference lies.. The igbo man has acknowledged that cultural flaw and as a progressive part of a continuously modernizing world, has made great strides to imbibe more acceptable measures of dealing with the sort of societal questions that threw up that practice in the past.. Now that is a hallmark of a forward-looking society.. A society that takes the best from other cultures and dumps her worst cultural attributes as a means of modernizing her cultural tools while keeping the helpful part of her cultural make-up.

But with you lot in Sokoto, what we see is a funny insistence on empty cultural chauvinism. Yours is a haughty society bedeviled with prehistoric practices and shackled in the main with the worst form of sharia.., a society that produces the highest number of beggars in the world.., a society that produces the highest number of uneducated females in the world.., a society that at certain times was the only place where we had polio left in the world.., a society where women are treated like commodities to the extent that a senator from Kaduna once documented his own wife as part of his property while declaring his assets!

A society that has ruined the biggest hope of the black man with a corrupt and atavistically retrogressive political set-up post 1970 in-spite of being at the saddle of an economy that generated over a trillion dollar within this period..., yet you are there in that your dingy tribal hole trying shamelessly to lay claims to some sort progressive thinking just like your owanbeic cousins in the south... Common dude.., you cant give what you dont have... The fulani hasnt got it.... Absolutely nothing to contribute to the modernization of this continent. And like i said, thats a statement of fact, not hate.
Why you hating on us.?
What have your people achieved lately??
Tell me ?

1 Like

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by owodokiri: 5:04am On Jan 20, 2017
Justdulla:

Why you hating on us.?
What have your people achieved lately??
Tell me ?

I am not hating and if you can disabuse your mind, we can have an honest discuss on this... Atleast you come across as a very nice character compared to the noisy brat i quoted earlier..

5 Likes

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by Omudia11: 5:08am On Jan 20, 2017
I have noticed you never make sensible comments. You always seek ways to denigrate igbos even when the topic doesn't call for it. The o.p mentioned Fulani... If you want to bash igbos, open another thread for that.
QuotaSystem:

6 Likes

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by Nobody: 5:09am On Jan 20, 2017
owodokiri:

I am not hating and if you can disabuse your mind, we can have an honest discuss on this... Atleast you come across as a very nice character compared to the noisy brat i quoted earlier..
But you have to understand one thing. The typical northerner was naive until the IBOs decided to take advantage in '66 and you known the rest of the story.
Now we will keep going back and forth, trading blames and counter accusations. So what do you think is the way forward. Can a South Easterner be trusted to lead this nation?
The northerners have obviously messed up. I accpet. The used religion to play alot of politics and this dragged us backwards. What do you think is the solution to our political as well as socio cultural quagmire?

2 Likes

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by owodokiri: 5:33am On Jan 20, 2017
Justdulla:

But you have to understand one thing. The typical northerner was naive until the IBOs decided to take advantage in '66 and you known the rest of the story.
Now we will keep going back and forth, trading blames and counter accusations. So what do you think is the way forward. Can a South Easterner be trusted to lead this nation?
The northerners have obviously messed up. I accpet. The used religion to play alot of politics and this dragged us backwards. What do you think is the solution to our political as well as socio cultural quagmire?

First, we have to re-coconstruct the political system set post 1970. In doing that, we have to also do away with those genocidal elements that held power thereof as a result of how many people they killed then. They are supposed to be receiving counselling somewhere to amend their messed up brains. They are not supposed to be making policies. If you look at our democratic experience, you will notice that both Yardua and Jonathan are some sort of "democratic fresh air" compared to the other two brutes

Secondly, you have to put in place a system that must harness the best Nigerians for the topmost jobs in the land. You have to recognize the fact that lowering the bar to accept misfits is part of the reason why we are here today. Nigeria has more than enough brains but most times the people at the helm are always the most ruthless and these are most times the most uneducated.. Raise the bar in terms of qualifications, lets start with university degrees? It is not the solution but it will help weed out folks like Buhari and Obasanjo and at worst, leave us with manageable mess like Jonathan.

Again, the civil service is a mess. Polluted over the years with suspicious enrollments. As you know. we cant have a productive government with a mediocre civil service. Those in power know how corrupt and useless the Nigerian civil service is but wont do much because of clannish thinking

Decentralization and devaluation of power can help in unifying a multi ethnic state, ask Switzerland. It should be managed carefully though but shouldn't be feared. Trying to lump everybody together in a "command and control" structure is partly why we are here.

Basically restructuring with a sincere mind.. Good administrators are everywhere. But you have to put in place a system that seeks them out for governance. As long as you have a system that can only throw up Obasanjo, Atiku and Rochas, something is bad somewhere..
Every man is a product of his immediate cultural environment though.., it takes a great deal of inventive thinking to be able to accept this fact in order to self criticize oneself.. Governance should be for the most forward thinking brains in the society. Not for people who are comfortable with the status quo no matter how ugly..

6 Likes

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by Nobody: 5:39am On Jan 20, 2017
owodokiri:

First, we have to re-coconstruct the political system set post 1970. In doing that, we have to also do away with those genocidal elements that held power thereof as a result of how many people they killed then. They are supposed to be receiving counselling somewhere to amend their messed up brains. They are not supposed to be making policies. If you look at our democratic experience, you will notice that both Yardua and Jonathan are some sort of "democratic fresh air" compared to the other two brutes

Secondly, you have to put in place a system that must harness the best Nigerians for the topmost jobs in the land. You have to recognize the fact that lowering the bar to accept misfits is part of the reason why we are here today. Nigeria has more than enough brains but most times the people at the helm are always the most ruthless and these are most times the most uneducated.. Raise the bar in terms of qualifications, lets start with university degrees? It is not the solution but it will help weed out folks like Buhari and Obasanjo and at worst, leave us with manageable mess like Jonathan.

Again, the civil service is a mess. Polluted over the years with suspicious enrollments. As you know. we cant have a productive government with a mediocre civil service. Those in power know how corrupt and useless the Nigerian civil service is but wont do much because of clannish thinking

Decentralization and devaluation of power can help in unifying a multi ethnic state, ask Switzerland. It should be managed carefully though but shouldn't be feared. Trying to lump everybody together in a "command and control" structure is partly why we are here.

Basically restructuring with a sincere mind.. Good administrators are everywhere. But you have to put in place a system that seeks them out for governance. As long as you have a system that can only throw up Obasanjo, Atiku and Rochas, something is bad somewhere..
Every man is a product of his immediate cultural environment though.., it takes a great deal of inventive thinking to be able to accept this fact in order to self criticize oneself.. Governance should be for the most forward thinking brains in the society. Not for people who are comfortable with the status quo no matter how ugly..
Nice write up.
What I just find amusing in our situation is that the youth have accepted the bench role. What we are good at is ranting on social media and whenever a protest is organized ,the leader is settled and the protest postponed.
Its unfortunate that this old men have tactically sidelined the youths due to our greed and hate for one another. First problem I think we should fix is abolishment of Religion and state of origin from our constitution. It should also be silence on quota. Let the best people get the job,. What do you think?

5 Likes

Re: Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President by owodokiri: 6:23am On Jan 20, 2017
Justdulla:

Nice write up.
What I just find amusing in our situation is that the youth have accepted the bench role. What we are good at is ranting on social media and whenever a protest is organized ,the leader is settled and the protest postponed.
Its unfortunate that this old men have tactically sidelined the youths due to our greed and hate for one another. First problem I think we should fix is abolishment of Religion and state of origin from our constitution. It should also be silence on quota. Let the best people get the job,. What do you think?

I do agree with you on the issue of religion and state/quota... It may help. It is not entirely bad though to make provisions for minorities, otherwise the fierce competitions among the majors might crush them. I just think that we should add more stringent rules in terms of who accesses government top positions. People with overly tribalistic views cant go undetected for long and should be weeded out by the system. I dont know how a man who deported fellow Nigerians within Nigeria was rewarded with the most powerful ministerial position thereafter. Since then he has been stuck at Lagos- Ibadan expressway while the land of the deported rots.

Again, constitutional provisions have to be made to safeguard state finances. Governors for instance shouldn't be doing what they are doing with state budgets at the moment. I dont even think that immunity against brazen acts of corruption should be enforced in Nigeria. It breeds corruption here unlike elsewhere. On the federal level , as i mentioned before, lets insist on graduates and above for both the legislature and presidency. Raise the bar and raise the quality of discuss. Certificates might not be the only mark of intelligence but it is a mark of intelligence. Intelligent discussions at Abuja might help reduce the level of clannish thinking there. If it doesn't work, then decentralization. Having regional governments will only create a competitive atmosphere between the regions which might bode well for our collective good.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode's Take On President Buhari's Arrival / Aba Women Riot Of 1929: The Untold Story Of Heroic Women / Ruling Party And PDP Are Dead Horses, Says Ann’s Olawepo-hashim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.