Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. (8017 Views)

Femi Otedola, Do You Go To Work? Instagram Follower Asks Billionaire Businessman / "Dangote Did Not Become A Billionaire By Typing Amen On Social Media" (Photo) / Femi Otedola No Longer A Billionaire As Forte Oil Shares Fizzle - Forbes.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by Explorers(m): 6:25pm On Jan 19, 2017
Making money can be reduced to a simple method: solve a problem.

Figuring out an easy, quick, and profitable solution to a ubiquitous issue is the basic equation that any business follows.

Either being the first to devise a solution, or coming in afterward to improve upon it this is how entrepreneurs with simple ideas turn their concepts into successful companies.

The problem is, some of these problems are so immense and complex, that even the world’s best and brightest have yet to come up with solutions for them.

That’s not to say that there aren’t thousands of people working hard to find answers just that they aren’t quite there yet.

And that’s where the opportunity lies.

On the next several posts, you’ll read about some of the world’s biggest issues.

If an idea were developed to tackle these problems head-on, it’s clear that it would probably result in a large pay day, or at least in unequivocal fame and respect.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/want-to-be-a-billionaire-solve-one-of-these-5-problems.html/?a=viewall
http://www.businessinsider.co.id/billion-dollar-problems-2014-4/
cc: seun

3 Likes

Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by Explorers(m): 6:30pm On Jan 19, 2017
Energy Storage.

Lot of money and time is being spent as we speak to solve our energy storage issues.

Essentially, we have no real way of storing energy either created by wind or solar power generators.

It’s why we continue to rely heavily on fossil fuels when the sun goes down and the wind stops blowing,we run out of juice.

If we had the storage technology, it’s likely that wind and solar power would quickly become the dominant form of energy generation.

Tesla has made big strides in developing batteries, and other companies, like Solar City, are putting considerable resources to work as well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by dingbang(m): 6:30pm On Jan 19, 2017
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by Explorers(m): 6:37pm On Jan 19, 2017
Wireless Power/Charging And Long Lasting Batteries.

Digital devices have become so small that it can be cumbersome to carry chargers around everywhere you go and plugging them into a power source.

The key instead is to find ways of squeezing more efficiency out of the devices’ other parts and stealing power from what’s around you.

University of Washington engineers, among others, are now at work on harvesting existing TV and cellular transmissions and turning them into a power source.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by Escalze(m): 6:38pm On Jan 19, 2017
ayam not understanding
Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by Explorers(m): 6:47pm On Jan 19, 2017
Water Scarcity.

Water scarcity or lack of safe drinking water is one of the world's leading problems affecting more than 1.1 billion people globally, meaning that one in every six people lacks access to safe drinking water.

And with global climate change starting to reshape how and where water levels flow, it’s something that we’re going to need to find answers to, and fast.

The effects of water scarcity could be huge.

Not only will large populations need to move and resettle near fresh, potable water supplies, but the entire world map as we know it could go through a dramatic transformation.

Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 19, 2017
following like Twitter smiley
Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 19, 2017
Explorers:
Water Scarcity.

Water scarcity or lack of safe drinking water is one of the world's leading problems affecting more than 1.1 billion people globally, meaning that one in every six people lacks access to safe drinking water.

And with global climate change starting to reshape how and where water levels flow, it’s something that we’re going to need to find answers to, and fast.

The effects of water scarcity could be huge.

Not only will large populations need to move and resettle near fresh, potable water supplies, but the entire world map as we know it could go through a dramatic transformation.
Isn't this just Africa's problem? Something an effective government can handle reasonable well, especially considering water can be easily recycled, unlike Energy for example.

2 Likes

Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 19, 2017
Explorers:
Wireless Power/Charging And Long Lasting Batteries.
Very good idea. TV transmissions are really weak. It will be such a breakthrough sifting energy out of them.
If you want to brainstorm about this, buzz me o grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by Explorers(m): 6:59pm On Jan 19, 2017
A Technology That Can Look Into Or Predict The Future.

Having a technology that can see the future, wars, attacks, accidents, terrorism, deaths, natural disaster can be predicted.

If they can't be prevented, we get prepared and brace for them.

Imaging having this computer in your house.

Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by OCTAVO: 7:07pm On Jan 19, 2017
Let's go there.
Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by Explorers(m): 7:10pm On Jan 19, 2017
A Technology That Can That Can Look Into Our Past.

This technology will enable us to see what the earth looks like millions of years ago.

How the Egyptians built the Pyramids by the slaves or professionals as some have claimed, and how the wall of china was constructed in China.

It can also take us back to how Hiroshima & Nagasaki were nuked.

We can also see the big bang era, dinosaurs, Neanderthal men.

A channel or website having this will build millions of viewers every second.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by FellepHq(m): 7:18pm On Jan 19, 2017
Good ideas, but some of what you mentioned are capital intensive.

2 Likes

Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by Rigging(m): 7:32pm On Jan 19, 2017
good ideas but some are just impossible to achieve.

2 Likes

Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by FellepHq(m): 7:41pm On Jan 19, 2017
Explorers:
Energy Storage.

Lot of money and time is being spent as we speak to solve our energy storage issues.

Essentially, we have no real way of storing energy either created by wind or solar power generators.

It’s why we continue to rely heavily on fossil fuels when the sun goes down and the wind stops blowing,we run out of juice.

If we had the storage technology, it’s likely that wind and solar power would quickly become the dominant form of energy generation.

Tesla has made big strides in developing batteries, and other companies, like Solar City, are putting considerable resources to work as well.

The inforgraphic here https://electrek.co/2016/11/01/breakdown-raw-materials-tesla-batteries-possible-bottleneck/

DRC Congo may be important in raw material export than Nigeria in the near future

1 Like

Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by Explorers(m): 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2017
Rigging:
good ideas but some are just impossible to achieve.

Like they said to those that invented flying machines

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by ogbiwa: 7:47pm On Jan 19, 2017
1. Energy storage: Been seeing a lot of developments in that regard. There are already heavy strides taken trust me.

2. Wireless charging: Honestly I have no idea why its taken us long to realise how indispensable this feature is to the mobile. I mean its called mobile for a reason.

3. Water scarcity: I see this as the least problem on this list. The earth is 79% water. There are technologies already in use that filters sea/polluted water to potable water in seconds. The next phase should be how to make this technology affordable and available to even the most remote corners

4. Technology that looks into the future: I want to believe that this simply means a smartsystem or network of smartsystems that uses available data sifted from relevant intelligence bodies all over the world, to calculate or "think" to think and forecast likely future occurences simply based on data analysis. Much like what meteorological stations do.

5. Technology that looks into the past: At this stage I've learnt that nothing is impossible. Yes this can work. Just some skirmishes here and there to think of. Will time travel technology finally become a reality? I'm joyfully expectant.

Modified

Here's my own problem that I've thought of years ago but since then have not given any further thought to it. I believe the person that solves this may become the next bill gates. Its simple and might sound awkward:

Change. No not APC. But change as in when you want to pay a cab man #50 but have only #1000 notes. How cam we come up with a way around this that is as efficient as the mobile phone technology.

Yea I know that ultimately cashless policy will nip this in the bud (could be up to another 10-20 years though) until then its not yet efficient. For the cashless stuff to be fully efficient, EVERYBODY will have to be on it, down to your taxi and okada man, the pepper seller at the market, as well as your roadside kazeem and even the hausa guy that patches your bathroom slippers for #30. So you can see why I said that its not yet efficient.

And trust me change is something that has been plaguing us for as long as we've been using currency as a means of payment. Everybody here has a chest full of stories on his/her escapades with change issue. Some have lost their Christianity at Oshodi cos the conductor refused to complete their change.

So until then, how do we do it so that you can enter a taxi easily without having to bother if you have change to pay him.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by omoajiri(m): 8:10pm On Jan 19, 2017
Short-cut to wealth.
Solve/provide solutions to the following:

1. Audio file autoplay on facebook.
Where it's possible to play audio files directly on facebook just as videos without plugins etc.
Most musicians, politicians and journalists will surely use that medium to release info and updates.

2. Portable/wireless transmission of electricity.
Possibility of gridless transmission of electricity just as in radio and telecommunications transmission.

3. Telepathy.
Possibility of communication devoid of attachment/devices.

More...

5 Likes

Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 19, 2017
Energy on my mind.

God help me cool
Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by Twist4u: 8:30pm On Jan 19, 2017
Where your talent and the needs of world cross there in lies profession/vocation. Aristotle op am following....
Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by Twist4u: 8:31pm On Jan 19, 2017
Where your talent and the needs of world cross,there in lies your profession/vocation. Aristotle. op am following....[left][/left]
Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by paschal47(m): 8:33pm On Jan 19, 2017
Explorers:
Energy Storage.

That's my field Mr explorers, check my signature
Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by UnlimitedIfex(m): 9:15pm On Jan 19, 2017
The world as cum 2 a point where notin is impossible esp wen it cumz 2 tech.
The only problem is that it will take many years b4 such tinz will cum in2 existence most esp d once that will b able 2 predict d future and d one dat will b able 2 show past event.
All d same wen it cum 2 science and tech every tin is realistic.
9ice one explorers

1 Like

Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by yellowman2225(m): 10:04pm On Jan 19, 2017
Our binary Options app is launching in 2-3 days time. This app gives alert with over 90% accuracy. Hurry now and take the front seat before the application goes premium.
Download the app from Google Dropbox in the link below and install on your Android or Apple iOS device. Kindly give us you feedback towards successful launch of this life changing app.

https://www.dropbox.com/pri/get/-BINARY_OPTIONS_ALERT_4302729.apk?_subject_uid=488514128&w=AAAxEZ3Nj5A-2ARbA

THE DEFINITION OF BINARY OPTIONS
The word binary stands for “having two parts”. Generally speaking, all you need to do is predict either “Call” or “Put“. BO trading has only two investment possibilities for you to predict and then choose between.
Thos is simpler, easier, less time consuming and better than Forex. All you need to do is take action when you need to on your phone or on your computer.

To use binary options
1. You sign up with a binary options broker
2. You fund the account as u like with as low as $1 ( this is ur money, nobody is taking it away from you and ure not giving any downline)
3. You start trading with it investment.
4. That's all

How will you know how to trade?
That's when the app comes in; The app gives you signal of what to do at anytime. For those familiar with Forex, EURUSD means eur vs usd. So if the app says eurusd is rising in 20 minutes, all you need do is go to ur binary options broker and place a trade that EURUSD is rising in 20 mins, once that is right, you get between 75-90% returns on your money instantly.
If u have $10 for that particular trade, it becomes between $18-$19 immediately in your account balance.
Please Google it. This is not Ponzi, is not hyip and it's been around for over 20 years.
*Why are we just knowing recently if it has been existing for so long?*
You are not familiar with the currency market. Till today, some don't know / can't explain what Forex is?
*How I'm i sure I will not lose?*
Thats where the app comes in. The app has been tested to be right over 90% of the time it gives signal
*Will I have time to trade?*
Yes, you don't need to be on your computer 24/7. The app is already there for you as lo g as your data is "ON" the app sends alert to you immediately when there's a need to trade and you act accordingly.
This explanation is so shallow but anyone with slightest idea of the financial markets will understand.

2 Likes

Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by shumuel(m): 1:51am On Jan 20, 2017
Following grin
Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by juicydiceyjoe(m): 1:52am On Jan 20, 2017
Was expecting more 'practical' Nigerian problems.

Kudos anyway

1 Like

Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by Funjosh(m): 4:29am On Jan 20, 2017
gustalnov:

Isn't this just Africa's problem? Something an effective government can handle reasonable well, especially considering water can be easily recycled, unlike Energy for example.
its not just an african problem, its a world problem
Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by Explorers(m): 10:12am On Jan 20, 2017
Cheap Ocean/Sea water Desalination.

Water shortages continue to make the list of the world’s most pressing issues.

The ocean covers about 70% of the earth's surface, there will be more than enough water for consumption if we could find a cheaper and easier way of desalination.

But desalination plants have proven way too expensive and inefficient to build.

The problem is that desalination of water requires a lot of energy.

Salt dissolves very easily in water, forming strong chemical bonds, and those bonds are difficult to break.

Energy and the technology to desalinate water are both expensive, and this means that desalinating water can be pretty costly.

2 Likes

Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by Explorers(m): 10:43am On Jan 20, 2017
Unhackable Passwords.

Wired has said 2012 was the year passwords broke.

Hackers have through brute force so far been able to break through practically every firewall ever invented.

There must be a better way. And engineers are working on them.

1 Like

Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by Explorers(m): 10:54am On Jan 20, 2017
A Pill That Actually Makes One Lose Weight.

Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may have a negative effect on health.

No effective drug for now.

1 Like

Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 20, 2017
Technology that looks into the future is paradoxical. If we can see the future; then it becomes the present.

Technology that looks into the past :

If we place a giant mirror at Pluto; we can see the events of the last 10 years on it.

If there is a civillization 65 million years lightyears away from Ours; they will still be seeing Dinosaurs on Earth shocked shocked.

Space travel can easily discover the origins of life.

As for the rest, I've got ideas but I have this paranoid fear of my ideas being stolen...... embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Want To Be A Billionaire? Let's Solve One Of These Problems. by Explorers(m): 11:14am On Jan 20, 2017
Food Production.

Issues like water scarcity and energy storage also play into our final big problem that needs solving: food production.

We may have it good here in America, but there are still millions upon millions of starving and hungry people in the world.

And as the climate changes, and resources become even further strained, growing crops and raising animals for food will become even more difficult if not impossible.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" / Which Nigerian Bank Offers The Most Reliable Visa Or Master Card? / Is CBN Hoarding The Lesser Bills In The Economy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.