Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Best Storage Method For Perishable Foods And Shelflife - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Best Storage Method For Perishable Foods And Shelflife (718 Views)

BBY Agro Ventures Supplying Perishable Foodstuff Across Nigerian States / Eating Perishable Vegetable Fruit Making Life Better / Abro Perishable And Vegetable Fruit Seller/supplier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Storage Method For Perishable Foods And Shelflife by mastelnig(m): 6:46pm On Jan 19, 2017
Hello Guys, I love the agriculture section of naira land and I must say, I have learnt a lot. I need help!
And I would appreciate it if you guys helped me out with this.
I have limited space to store harvested food products like tomato's, Yam, plantain , onions etc because I like in Lagos state and I am planning to start a small fresh food business.
I need advice on the kind of storage I can create for these products and at what temperature?
Yam , potatoes, onions ,Tomato, Grains, vegetables,
Thanks in advance.
Re: Best Storage Method For Perishable Foods And Shelflife by EazyMoh(m): 10:58pm On Jan 19, 2017
The key is good ventilation, and the lower the temperature the better. Also try to pick out over ripe ones among them Before they start leaking as that will cause those in contact to ripen quick and begin to perish.
Get ready though for aggressive marketing because perishable goods will always perish. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Best Storage Method For Perishable Foods And Shelflife by mastelnig(m): 6:31am On Jan 20, 2017
[quote author=EazyMoh post=52957751]The key is good ventilation, and the lower the temperature the better. Also try to pick out over ripe ones among them Before they start leaking as that will cause those in contact to ripen quick and begin to perish.
Get ready though for aggressive marketing because perishable goods will always perish. Good luck.[/quote

Thanks bro.. would clay bricks inside a shed do?]
Re: Best Storage Method For Perishable Foods And Shelflife by EazyMoh(m): 2:19pm On Jan 20, 2017
yeah it would, and since Lagos isn't sunny the roofing wouldn't matter much.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Snails And Original Honey At The Most Reasonable Price / University Don Counsels AKSG On Fish Production / Earn 35k Weekly Booking Tractor Service Jobs For Farmers Via Hello Tractor App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.