Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption–buhari Shocks Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption–buhari Shocks Nigeria (706 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Shocks Nigeria With The Hidden Truth About Buhari / Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption–buhari Shocks Nigeria by information1: 9:10am On Jan 20, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari, has announced that corruption is the “very worst”, of all the major issues confronting Nigeria, including the Boko Haram insurgency.

Buhari, who made this at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa, in Abuja, on Thursday, while receiving recipients of the 2016 Nigerian National Order of Merit, NNOM, outlined poor economy, insecurity, and corruption, as the main problems facing the nation.

The recipients, Professors Omowunmi Sadik (Sciences), and Tanure Ojaide (Humanities), had their investiture on December 1, 2016.

He said: “Nobody disputed the fact that they were the major problems of Nigeria, and we campaigned on those three planks. As a government, we believe you cannot administer a country you have not secured, so we focused on security.

“The economy is also down, therefore, we are not sparing any effort to revive and diversify it, so that our people, particularly the youths, can get jobs. The third problem, and the worst of them all, is corruption.”

Buhari also, stated that Nigeria was in a terrible shape, when he took over in 2015, “with oil prices falling to as low as $37 per barrel, from peak periods of over $100 in previous years.

“There was no money in the treasury. We were producing less than one million barrels of oil per day, from the 2.2 million barrels we used to do. The country was in a terrible shape, but luckily, the people understand, and are co-operating with us.”

Buhari speaks further, commended the award winners, enumerating their efforts to the academia and national development as, “quite fundamental”.

In their separate remarks, the award recipients, lauded the present anti-corruption war of President Buhari’s administration.

Canvassing more financing for research, they thanked the Federal Government for the National Order of Merit, saying: “nothing can be compared to being honoured by your own country.”

The Chairman of the Nigerian National Merit Award, Professor Moses Essien Etim, stated 73 awards were being given out since 1979, when the desire to identify and reward creative excellence among Nigerians, was instituted into the NNOM.
http://talkgeria.com/topic/why-i-am-more-comfortable-with-boko-haram-than-corruption-buhari-shocks-nigerians/
Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption–buhari Shocks Nigeria by cephaswizzy(m): 9:11am On Jan 20, 2017
Headline fit kill person.
Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption–buhari Shocks Nigeria by gbegemaster(m): 9:14am On Jan 20, 2017
Gutter journalism. Heading and body totally different.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption–buhari Shocks Nigeria by obailala(m): 9:26am On Jan 20, 2017
Of course, corruption created bokoharaam. Corruption is the only reason there is hunger and mass illiteracy in the land of plenty. And with this hunger comes anger, despair and hopelessness; and then in the search for solutions, people begin to embrace weird religious practices.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption–buhari Shocks Nigeria by Vision4God: 11:19am On Jan 20, 2017
Journalist una try

(1) (Reply)

This Is The Second Face Of 2face Wayback / Ignore Adesina’s Statement; Trump Didn’t Speak With Buhari – Intersociety / Little Boy Who Stopped School In Borno Cos Of Boko Haram Goes Back 2 School(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.