Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari (1557 Views)

Aftermath Of A Fierce Battle With Boko Haram In Sambisa Forest. Graphic Photos / Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency / Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption–buhari Shocks Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by Gentle99(m): 10:17am On Jan 14, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari, has declared that corruption is the “very worst”, of all the major problems confronting Nigeria, including the Boko Haram insurgency.
Buhari, who declared this at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa, in Abuja, on Thursday, while receiving recipients of the 2016 Nigerian National Order of Merit, NNOM, outlined poor economy, insecurity, and corruption, as the major challenges facing the nation.
The recipients, Professors Omowunmi Sadik (Sciences), and Tanure Ojaide (Humanities), had their investiture on December 1, 2016.
Buhari also, stated that Nigeria was in a terrible shape, when he took over in 2015, “with oil prices falling to as low as $37 per barrel, from peak periods of over $100 in previous years.
Buhari speaking further, commended the award winners, describing their contributions to the academia and national development as, “quite fundamental”.
In their separate remarks, the award recipients, lauded the ongoing anti-corruption war of President Buhari’s administration.
Canvassing more funding for research, they thanked the Federal Government for the National Order of Merit, saying: “nothing can be compared to being honoured by your own country.”
He said: “Nobody disputed the fact that they were the major problems of Nigeria, and we campaigned on those three planks. As a government, we believe you cannot administer a country you have not secured, so we focused on security.
“The economy is also down, therefore, we are not sparing any effort to revive and diversify it, so that our people, particularly the youths, can get jobs. The third problem, and the worst of them all, is corruption.”
“There was no money in the treasury. We were producing less than one million barrels of oil per day, from the 2.2 million barrels we used to do. The country was in a terrible shape, but luckily, the people understand, and are co-operating with us.”
Buhari speaking further, commended the award winners, describing their contributions to the academia and national development as, “quite fundamental”.
In their separate remarks, the award recipients, lauded the ongoing anti-corruption war of President Buhari’s administration.
Canvassing more funding for research, they thanked the Federal Government for the National Order of Merit, saying: “nothing can be compared to being honoured by your own country.”
The Chairman of the Nigerian National Merit Award, Professor Moses Essien Etim, said 73 awards had been given out since 1979, when the desire to identify and reward creative excellence among Nigerians, was instituted into the NNOM.

Source:
http://www.post-nigeria.com/why-i-am-more-comfortable-with-boko-haram-than-corruption-buhari-shocks-nigerians/
Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by Fedayeen02: 10:24am On Jan 14, 2017
Buhari is Boko Haram while Aisha is Mother corruption

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by Gentle99(m): 10:26am On Jan 14, 2017
Fedayeen02:
Buhari is Boko Haram while Aisha is Mother corruption

Is this training for nothing? Lol!!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by Cekpo34(m): 10:42am On Jan 14, 2017
Which Corruption is he fighting?
Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by ckmayoca: 10:46am On Jan 14, 2017
Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by thesicilian: 10:47am On Jan 14, 2017
This is not right
Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 14, 2017
Why won't he be more comfortable with Boko Haram when they're his brothers.

Mitcheew!.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by souloho19(m): 10:48am On Jan 14, 2017
This president needs to understand DAT corruption is a catalyst...fighting corruption fighting corruption...and fuel is going 2sumtin.. Isn't dat corruption...standard of living is Terribly low..d lack everywhere is alarming and baba is still fighting..hmmm..you better spread d focus.
Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by queencalipso(f): 12:03pm On Jan 14, 2017
Master of excuses
Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by AllTheWayUp: 12:49pm On Jan 14, 2017
Mad n confused President
Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by alezzy13: 1:07pm On Jan 14, 2017
you title is deliberately and mischievously out of context.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by Bari22: 1:12pm On Jan 14, 2017
fake news, beleve it at your own peril.
Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by blackpanda: 1:18pm On Jan 14, 2017
Cekpo34:
Which Corruption is he fighting?

The one that the ineffectual buffoon propagated grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by KahlDrogo(m): 1:19pm On Jan 14, 2017
Just umagine the title, all in a bid to draw traffic!

This was how they twisted oyedepo's tirade to make it seem like he said what he said just a couple of days ago on the backdrop of the current crisis in southern kaduna when in fact it was simething he said a couple of years ago!

These bloggers are the real terrorist in our midst.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by KahlDrogo(m): 1:24pm On Jan 14, 2017
Benita27:
Why won't he be more comfortable with Boko Haram when they're his brothers.

Mitcheew!.
These aree the gullible type that fall prey to the shenanigans of bloggers. I can wager my life she didnt even read the first sentence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 14, 2017
KahlDrogo:
These aree the gullible type that fall prey to the shenanigans of bloggers. I can wager my life she didnt even read the first sentence.
Then you could die betting your life cos i read it all.
Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by Kondomatic(m): 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2017
Because they're your misguided brothers
Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by Jokerman(m): 2:11pm On Jan 14, 2017
So you prefer death of citizens??
Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by owodokiri: 2:11pm On Jan 14, 2017
A man who should be the president of the Kirnun Bornu empire around 1633 is made a president in the year of our lord 2017 and you expect miracles? pite kwaraptian.., biud dam and settle IDPs..., thats all he understands... Others are rocket science to him..

1 Like

Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by xxxtedyxxx(m): 2:12pm On Jan 14, 2017
Dullardino
Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by vedaxcool(m): 2:16pm On Jan 14, 2017
Deliberately misquoting the president. ... he pointed out corruption is worse than bh because as we all can see corruption enabled bh enough room to grow by depriving the military of arms to fight.
Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by Cekpo34(m): 2:19pm On Jan 14, 2017
blackpanda:

The one that the ineffectual buffoon propagated grin

Lolz...I don't wanna join issues with you sire cheesy
Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by policy12: 2:54pm On Jan 14, 2017
Hmmm...

Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 14, 2017
Noted
Re: Why I Am More Comfortable With Boko Haram, Than Corruption-Buhari by progress69: 6:24pm On Jan 14, 2017
alezzy13:
you title is deliberately and mischievously out of context.

Very stupid title. Lol.

Its for those pablos to masturbate anyways.

(1) (Reply)

Fresh Info From Whitehouse Website Proves Trump DIDNOT Speak With Buhari Yesterd / Biafra: Wonderful Quotes And Words Of Wisdom By Nnamdi Kanu On 4/9/17 / Governor Willie Obiano's Impressive Performance Only In Three Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.