Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,446 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Power Sector Crisis: Fashola Admits Failure - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Sector Crisis: Fashola Admits Failure (2753 Views)

Fashola Arrives Onitsha, Inspects Work On Second Niger Bridge- Photos / Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign / Undying Power Sector Crisis, A Solution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Sector Crisis: Fashola Admits Failure by bishopkay: 9:59pm On Jan 20, 2017
AZeD1:

Minister power == Minister of Finance
NERC == CBN.

If a Genco doesn't produce anything, what will Fashola do? Fire the CEO?

Besides NERC is not under the ministry of Power.

Small info to ignoramuses like you.
AES has not generated 1MW for close to a year or even more than because Sahara Energy refused to give them gas. When Egbin was owned by the government, the minister could issue a directive and it would be done, but now it's in private hands, all the minister can do beg and nothing more.

So about 200MW is not generated because Sahara is trying to buy a company that doesn't want to sell.

Nigeria is a lawless country; reason why things as you said up there happens. That the minister doesn't wield the big stick on erring companies doesn't mean he can't.
So Mr.. .who runs oversight on NERC If NERC isn't under the ministry of Power. Please educate me
Re: Power Sector Crisis: Fashola Admits Failure by AZeD1(m): 10:17pm On Jan 20, 2017
bishopkay:

Nigeria is a lawless country; reason why things as you said up there happens. That the minister doesn't wield the big stick on erring companies doesn't mean he can't.
So Mr.. .who runs oversight on NERC If NERC isn't under the ministry of Power. Please educate me

"The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent regulatory agency which was inuagurated on 31st October 2005 as provided in the Electric Power Sector Reform Act 2005.

The Commission is mandated to carry out:

The monitoring and regulation of the electricity industry
Issuance of licences to market participants, and
Ensure compliance with market rules and operating guidelines."
Re: Power Sector Crisis: Fashola Admits Failure by bishopkay: 8:17am On Jan 21, 2017
AZeD1:

"The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent regulatory agency which was inuagurated on 31st October 2005 as provided in the Electric Power Sector Reform Act 2005.

The Commission is mandated to carry out:

The monitoring and regulation of the electricity industry
Issuance of licences to market participants, and
Ensure compliance with market rules and operating guidelines."

Bros you have still not answered the question.
WHO RUNS OVERSIGHT ON NERC?
I know their mandate already. You said they are not under the ministry of Power so please educate me on who oversees their operations. Or are they just a rogue organization with no one to check activities and excesses?
Re: Power Sector Crisis: Fashola Admits Failure by AZeD1(m): 10:40am On Jan 21, 2017
bishopkay:

Bros you have still not answered the question.
WHO RUNS OVERSIGHT ON NERC?
I know their mandate already. You said they are not under the ministry of Power so please educate me on who oversees their operations. Or are they just a rogue organization with no one to check activities and excesses?
The President.
Re: Power Sector Crisis: Fashola Admits Failure by cashreport: 12:00pm On Jan 21, 2017
Admin

Front page

Mod
Re: Power Sector Crisis: Fashola Admits Failure by bishopkay: 3:20pm On Jan 21, 2017
AZeD1:

The President.

This picture should be enough to educate you. Don't bother to thank me...you are welcome.

Check parent agency.

Re: Power Sector Crisis: Fashola Admits Failure by AZeD1(m): 4:00pm On Jan 21, 2017
bishopkay:

This picture should be enough to educate you. Don't bother to thank me...you are welcome.

Check parent agency.
From Wikipedia? Seriously?

Check preceding agency and tell me if NERC and NEPA are the same.

You should read the act creating NERC

Re: Power Sector Crisis: Fashola Admits Failure by Ngokafor(f): 4:06pm On Jan 21, 2017
....Ewoo!!..i laugh in 'rocket science..Well oga Fash,you dont need to admit 'failure'..Its crystal clear you and your fulani boss buhari has failed in all ramifications..

...Next time think twice before opening your mouth to criticise others.

...P.s..i wonder what happened to the ice-blocks in refridgerators apc zombie supporters were celebrating last year during rainy season undecided...Meanwhile i spend a fortune to run my gen now so that i can drink cold water and preserve my cooked food...smh!!
Re: Power Sector Crisis: Fashola Admits Failure by AZeD1(m): 4:16pm On Jan 21, 2017
The chairman and members of the Board, other than ex-officio members, shall-
(a) be appointed by the President on the recommendation of the Minister

That is the act creating the NPA

the commission shall consist of seven full time commissioners appointed by the President subject to confirmation by the senate

This is from the NERC act. Can you spot the difference when it comes appointment?

Also a commissioner cannot be removed without a simple majority of the senate.
Re: Power Sector Crisis: Fashola Admits Failure by Blue3k(m): 5:02pm On Jan 21, 2017
In case anyone still wondering how much power Minister of Power has over NERC.

33.- (1) The minister may issue general policy directions to the commission on matters concerning electrity, including directions on overall system planning and co-ordination, which commission shall take into consideration in discharging it's functions under 32 (2), provided that such directions don't conflict with this act or constitution of federal republic of Nigeria.

Source: Electric Power Sector Reform Act 2005

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Is Still Alive - Punch / MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President / Ongoing APC Mega Rally In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.