Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,188 members, 7,839,041 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Undying Power Sector Crisis, A Solution? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Undying Power Sector Crisis, A Solution? (356 Views)

Inec’s Role In Labour Party’s Crisis: A Threat To The 2019 Elections, / Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) / Power Sector Crisis: Fashola Admits Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Undying Power Sector Crisis, A Solution? by jideflash(m): 3:47pm On Feb 14, 2017
As a patriotic and hopeful Nigerian running a SME in nigeria with a small generator set (2.5kva) just to power few laptops, fans and other basic appliances in the office, if i include weekends as i tend to work at home also. i spend an average of N1,500 / day on fuel to generate electricity for just 10hours.
1,500 naira x 365 days = N547,500 yearly.

N547,500 is exclusive of maintenance and repairs, which comes often due to the Generator set overuse.

Lets not forget that Nigeria since 2015 has not produced a Litre of Petrol domestically, meaning All petrol consumed have been imported. Can you imagine the Revenue lost daily via Forex to this. Now with the total collapse of the Power Sector, we are only dependent on our Generators and Imported Fuel.

My Suggested Solution:
1. Improve the power generation back to atleast 5GW. this will give breathe back to still surviving companies and spring new ones.
2. Immediate repair of the Existing refineries, We need to stop our reliance on imported petrol especially in this time of volatile oil prices and escalated Forex Differential.
3. Give subsidy or incentives to alternative and renewable Power source. such as Solar and Wind ( which i feel should be Tax & Duty free). Most of the commercial-scale Wind turbines installed today are 2 MW in capcity and cost roughly $2-$3 million.
4. Setup of the modular refineries by harnessing the talents of the illegal operators in the ND, who already have showed possibility of local production is small scale.
5. Sincerely Develop the Niger Delta with action (not propaganda). Its their oil, they suffer most from it. If its not fair to them, the Restiveness will never end.

At the end of the day, We have a President that can Pickup Trump's call anytime but cant give Nigerians a simple 1 minute video to dispel the rumours of the death, Knowing quite well the rumours have a way of affecting economic and political decisions, hereby chasing away more Foreign and Local Investors.

#naijafacts #corruptiondonDo #RestoreOurPower #listenToyourPeople #StopLies

(1) (Reply)

Just In - Federal Government Releases N775m For 2018 Census Programme / Courage To Stand Up And Be Counted / Lawyer¶¶ Why I Received N75 Million From Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.