Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work (24701 Views)

See The Current State Of Construction Work At The Oshodi-airport Road (PHOTOS) / Fully Loaded PMS Tanker Falls at Otedola Bridge Due To Brake Failure / 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by t9t9: 11:50am On Jan 20, 2017
This is absolutely wicked. We can't be having frequent accidents on 3rd Mainland Bridge if the construction areas are well lit.

Too bad we didn't learn from the Lagosians who almost lost their lives a few days ago..

The project managers really need to be sanctioned.

https://autojosh.com/3rd-mainland-bridge-2/

Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by Dexpro: 12:23pm On Jan 20, 2017
Govt. Must do something urgent about that place.

1 Like

Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by bignero: 1:18pm On Jan 20, 2017
hmm

its a lawless land...hence the attitude of the road contruction people

unfortunately its obey the law at your own peril in naija

4 Likes

Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by MrGreenMavro: 1:18pm On Jan 20, 2017
angry
Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by Mrswinnie: 1:18pm On Jan 20, 2017
Bad
Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by mmsen: 1:19pm On Jan 20, 2017
Dexpro:
Govt. Must do something urgent about that place.

The bridge is fine, it's the driving habits that need to be altered/checked.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by idupaul: 1:21pm On Jan 20, 2017
That portion is really bad ...and the high speed one can lose complete control easily because of the grooves and and loose particles on the scraped portion , infact two day ago I lost complete control for like 3 second before getting a grip a again
Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 20, 2017
His excellence Ambode pls do something
Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by loomer: 1:25pm On Jan 20, 2017
Simple signs dem no fit put again to make people know say dem supos slow down right from 500m at least from construction sites
Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by ajalawole(m): 1:25pm On Jan 20, 2017
Op, why are u blaming the govt who are trying to fix the problem. As for me i can only blame those drivers forming fast and furious

3 Likes

Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by bentlywills(m): 1:25pm On Jan 20, 2017
Thank God no life was lost
Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by Nikkyfuck(f): 1:26pm On Jan 20, 2017
How? Where? When?
Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by SirAweezy(m): 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2017
Most times I don't pity accident on 3rd MB, the only people I pity most are the victims affected my these reckless drivers.

Some people drives as if that is their test ground to know the speed of their car. Mostly people that drive Toyota and Honda those small small cars imagine... like they want to show us their car can run as well. It is well with them oo

1 Like

Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by Guyman02: 1:36pm On Jan 20, 2017
The should sue the contractor who owes the public a duty of care for damages and negligence for not properly lighting the construction area and providing adequate signage.

1 Like

Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by ibro2much(m): 1:42pm On Jan 20, 2017
The standard procedure everywhere there is a construction ongoing is to have an illuminated safety sign warning motorist of the construction and probably the impending dangers ahead.
But here in nigeria,it not the norm.
In saner climes the driver/families of the accident victims would sue the construction companies and make them pay heavily for it.

2 Likes

Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by ephi123(f): 2:04pm On Jan 20, 2017
I don't think this is about driving habits. Warning signs should be appropriately placed WELL IN ADVANCE of approach.
Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by polarman(m): 2:06pm On Jan 20, 2017
I marvel at some statements made on Nairaland. Did you drive on the bridge yesterday evening or this morning? You will see that this contractor is a proper M-U-M-U. He is active for eye service only. He started work almost closing time and caused terrible traffic and the Hediot moved to the other side of the bridge this morning causing so much traffic coming to the office too. I met a woman who got to the office at 20 minutes to 1 and she left home since 7am (as she said). Our contractors should do more of being considerate. I am sure the M-U-M-U contractor must have gotten the mobilization for this reconstruction before Christmas and had spent it. The deadline for submission of the project is at hand and he is now inconveniencing the whole of Lagos. On getting to the point of scrapping, no signs, no illumination. It just goes to verify what a friend of mine says that "Nigerians are totally heartless. We are happy when we see our fellow Nigerians suffering". This is so terrible chai!!! Darris Godu ooo. I am already thinking of the traffic i am going to face going back home today. cry cry

5 Likes

Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by muyiwaojo1(m): 2:22pm On Jan 20, 2017
How will they be constructing a major link road on a FRIDAY AFTERNOON? I just wonder how this people think. Why can't they do it on a Sat or Sunday night.... Shebi we have plenty police and helicopter for security and street lights works perfectly...... I don't just understand these people. They don't think

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by vislabraye(m): 2:38pm On Jan 20, 2017
SirAweezy:
Most times I don't pity accident on 3rd MB, the only people I pity most are the victims affected my these reckless drivers.

Some people drives as if that is their test ground to know the speed of their car. Mostly people that drive Toyota and Honda those small small cars imagine... like they want to show us their car can run as well. It is well with them oo

3rd Mainland bridge is meant for speed. The road accident has nothing to do with speed but road construction.

1 Like

Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by mmsen: 2:46pm On Jan 20, 2017
vislabraye:

3rd Mainland bridge is meant for speed. The road accident has nothing to do with speed but road construction.

The slight bend on the Third Mainland Bridge isn't sufficient to cause a driver to lose control of the vehicle but a rational driver knows that if that begins to happen the smart thing to do is to kill your speed.
Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by memeguy: 2:46pm On Jan 20, 2017
mmsen:

Oga don't say what you don't know. Have you driven on the bridge recently? The bridge is not fine. So much construction work going on, gravel and sand everywhere with potholes etc. Worst part is that there is no lighting on the bridge. The construction companies even leave their vehicles there unattended with no caution signs etc. It's very bad.
Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by slim147(m): 2:48pm On Jan 20, 2017
I almost missed my visa interview
Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by lele007: 2:49pm On Jan 20, 2017
SirAweezy:

In fact, some times I like to drive under 60kmph for fuel efficiency, and i tell you, every day I do that, I receive insults from both illiterate danfo drivers and seemingly educated motorists, as if I am blocking all the lanes. So I feel you.
Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by lele007: 2:51pm On Jan 20, 2017
vislabraye:

This is the quintessential Nigerian [redacted]. The sign that says 80km doesn't mean you must be doing minimum 80km on 3rd mainland bridge.

Nigerians. You people are too intelligent!

2 Likes

Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by orjikuramo(m): 2:54pm On Jan 20, 2017
Obviously, you haven't driven on it recently, its not fine, they've scrapped the tar off some sides in an un uniformed manner, n theres no sign indicating work is going on there. its very terrible driving there now
mmsen:

Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by mmsen: 2:58pm On Jan 20, 2017
orjikuramo:
Obviously, you haven't driven on it recently, its not fine, they've scrapped the tar off some sides in an un uniformed manner, n theres no sign indicating work is going on there. its very terrible driving there now

If there is reduced traction on the road because of obvious roadworks then be smart and lower your speed.
Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by kelvyn7: 3:01pm On Jan 20, 2017
cry cry cry
Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by SirAweezy(m): 3:02pm On Jan 20, 2017
vislabraye:

Pray one day while speeding your "Machine" won't fail to the extent of losing control to meet an incoming petrol tanker. Say Amen to this!
Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by Abbeyme: 3:05pm On Jan 20, 2017
Unarguably, the 3MB is not for learners or frighters..

In an hold-up situation, when the bridge is actually busy, how can you have an accident. At which speed are you driving within the vehicular slow-mo.

I think some people are just not sincere with the situation.

I guess once they leave the hold-up area, they just speed up to makeup for lost time and in the process, they lose control and in yurn blame the govmt and contractors.

Its me and you that drive vehicles and should be aware about the dynamic state of the roads and know how best to approach that road.

Simply said.
Re: Another Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Due To Construction Work by tejpot(m): 3:09pm On Jan 20, 2017
No one has really cared to show us the pictures of the section of the bridge undergoing construction.

Lies everyday.

And all the accidents that have been happening monthly on that bridge before now are also caused by spiritual construction work i guess.

Drivers on the road are just careless and are never mindful of safety.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Confidence Ogar Enya, Cross River University Graduate Dies In Auto Crash / 5 Actions That Could Get You Thrown Out Of Your Flight / Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.