Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash (24713 Views)

Okada Rider Dies, Two Passengers Sustain Injuries In Ogun Road Crash / Nine Travellers Die, 12 Injured In Kaduna-Zaria Road Accident / Covid-19 Curfew: FCT Apprehends Night Travellers From Neighbouring States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 4:35pm On Jun 29, 2022
Three Persons travelling at night have died in an accident along the Lagos-Ibadan highway on Wednesday.

The Road Crash, DAILY POST learnt, occurred around 3:15am at Mile 12 Market, Ogere axis of Ogun State.

Three vehicles were involved, namely a Micra car with registration number BDJ257XF, a truck registered as T4916LA, and another truck with no registration number.

Seven persons were involved in the crash, one of whom was a woman, it was learnt.

While three of the six men died, other passengers, including the female adult were rescued unhurt.

The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) confirmed the incident, saying the incident was caused by one of the trucks.

“The suspected causes of the multiple crash were excessive speed and dangerous driving on the part of one of the truck drivers, who was trying to negotiate a turning point and the other truck coming from Ibadan with high speed rammed into the vehicle,” Ogun FRSC spokesperson, Florence Okpe said.

Okpe disclosed that corpses of the deceased victims had been deposited at the FOS, Ipara.

She added that the crash obstructed the highway, leading to traffic diversion being managed by FRSC personnel, who are making efforts to remove the obstruction away from the road.

“The suspected causes of the multiple crash were excessive speed and dangerous driving on the part of one of the truck drivers, who was trying to negotiate a turning point and the other truck coming from Ibadan with high speed rammed into the vehicle,” Ogun FRSC spokesperson, Florence Okpe said.

Okpe disclosed that corpses of the deceased victims had been deposited at the FOS, Ipara.

She added that the crash obstructed the highway, leading to traffic diversion being managed by FRSC personnel, who are making efforts to remove the obstruction away from the road.

Meanwhile, the Ogun FRSC Sector Commander, Ahmed Umar has again warned on the dangers of speed, especially at night when visibility is poor.

Umar cautioned motorists to avoid night travels, pointing out the dangers associated with it.

While advising motorists to drive cautiously, the FRSC boss commiserated with the families of the crash victims, telling them to contact the FRSC in Ogere for details of the crash.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2022/06/29/three-night-travellers-die-in-ogun-road-crash/

1 Share

Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by SlavaUkraini: 4:37pm On Jun 29, 2022
Those of una wey dey like to travel for night ... Shebi una dey see wetin dey happen.

Day time journey nor get guarantee .

Na night time wey your village people dey awake on top your matter, you dey enter road ?

Their Remote control really dey work.

RIP to the Dead

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by Totilopussylick(m): 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2022
Bad news please take a break sad

People are meant to die everyday sad

Go and play small and come back tomorrow sad.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by Dontleaveme: 4:41pm On Jun 29, 2022
RIP. Nobody knows the next second.

6 Likes

Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by shine00: 4:42pm On Jun 29, 2022
So many death in Nigeria.
Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 4:45pm On Jun 29, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Bad news please take a break sad

People are meant to die everyday sad

Go and play small and come back tomorrow sad.

See More Bad News Via www.. Com
Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2022
All these sad news flying around these days na wa o cry
Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by 40fy: 5:32pm On Jun 29, 2022

**I hate crime section!!

**Nevertheless, fück the government!!!

2 Likes

Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by gambia(m): 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2022
SlavaUkraini:
Those of una wey dey like to travel for night ... Shebi una dey see wetin dey happen.

Na night time wey your village people dey awake on top your matter, you dey enter road ?

RIP to the Dead

Your bolded comment is funny aswear, may the souls of the departed rest in peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by Cokahot: 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2022
Night journey dey sweet for lagos ibadan expressway for daytime. If rain dey fall na small small cos road go still clear since na asphalt but e go dey slippery.
Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by femijay8271(m): 6:03pm On Jun 29, 2022
Please i need a hotel job in Lagos o
Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by NaijaGoBetter20: 6:53pm On Jun 29, 2022
Lagos-Ibadan express has been a lion's den for a very long time.

Micra driver ain't difference from Okada driver they don't have shin shin patience.

Truck drivers (mostly Dangote truck drivers) should be avoided especially during this festival which is their rush hours (moving ram from North to West).

Night journey is more dangerous now, aside from accidents other risk kidnappers and banditry

2 Likes

Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 29, 2022
Rip to the dead...may we meet what will eat us even as we go out to look for what to eat..Amen
Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by ImoleNaija: 6:54pm On Jun 29, 2022
Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by VaginaMiners: 6:56pm On Jun 29, 2022
Night travel is so risky
RIP to the dead
Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by chaseblack(m): 6:56pm On Jun 29, 2022
Travelling by road in Nigeria is always a risky thingy. Every time I enter road I just dey hand over my life to God

2 Likes

Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by chibu4u2(m): 6:58pm On Jun 29, 2022
SlavaUkraini:

RIP to the Dead

Oga calm down, na day time travellers no con dey die?
Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by excomarow(m): 6:59pm On Jun 29, 2022
RIP to the Death...

I remember when i was in Ibadan... That Car (Micra) is too small
Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by Freelane33(m): 7:00pm On Jun 29, 2022
Something must be done on that ogere road . One stupid truck driver almost killed me early this year Na God safe me .
I was coming from ib with my jolly jolly car with great speed , Na so this mfk just come from one side trying to make a u turn to my lane . Damn na God drove the car for me sha .
No be my power
Na Lord’s Prayer

2 Likes

Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by Freelane33(m): 7:00pm On Jun 29, 2022
Damn
Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by Tonyx5(m): 7:01pm On Jun 29, 2022
SlavaUkraini:

RIP to the Dead

This nigga taking shit w zero knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by mbahdi(m): 7:02pm On Jun 29, 2022
Rip to dem

1 Like

Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by Crafteck1: 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2022
SlavaUkraini:

RIP to the Dead

More accidents during the day
Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by Kingpele(m): 7:08pm On Jun 29, 2022
Sorry for the relatives of the dead,we don't have the power to rest anyone in peace ,only GOD can rest the souls of men who lived by the commands of the almighty God and worked for peace while on earth... if u deserve to rest in peace after death,God will definitely rest your soul but if u lived to serve the sinful desires of your natural self you will see the restlessness of your eternal soul

1 Like

Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by SlavaUkraini: 7:09pm On Jun 29, 2022
Tonyx5:

This nigga taking shit w zero knowledge.

Wetin your knowledge don do for you... ?

Abeg shift
Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 7:09pm On Jun 29, 2022
Cha E
Re: Three Night Travellers Die In Ogun Road Crash by naija4life247: 7:13pm On Jun 29, 2022
UDOKABESTLUV:

See More Bad News Via www.. Com

I no dey see

(1) (2) (Reply)

How 60 Airlines Went Into Extinction In 60 Years / Racial Discrimination In Dubai / Osun Government Decorates Streets For Christmas (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.