Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,153 members, 7,957,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:39 AM

5 Disadvantages Of Hybrid Cars - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Disadvantages Of Hybrid Cars (24970 Views)

Myth About Electric & Hybrid Cars: Are They Really For Nigeria? / 5 Disadvantages Of Putting Your Cars In Park At The Traffic Light? / What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Hybrid Cars by oluwafon(m): 4:17pm On Jan 22, 2017
hi GUYS. CHECK OUT PEUGEOT HYBRID (308) THAT USES AIR AND PETROL

YOU CAN ALSO MODIFY YOUR STOCK PETROL AND DIESEL CAR TO BECOME AN HYBRID USING ANY OF DIRECT WATER INJECTION, WATER MIST, WATER VAPOR OR WATER PLASMA. HYBRID IS GOOD AND CAN BE RELATIVELY SUPER CHEAP.
GOD IS GOOD.
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Hybrid Cars by olamega(m): 10:14am On Jan 23, 2017
Bros no. 5 is not very true. Have you heard of BMW i8 ? That car delivers 0-60 in 3.9 sec. That has gone beyond normal luxury sport cars to the range of supercars
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Hybrid Cars by Donbiddy(m): 9:40pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mrtesso:

Best wishes bro, u welcome
Thanks man.
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Hybrid Cars by akinmax: 10:26am On Jan 25, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
Hybrids are awesome ,the opportunity of having not to waste much money on fuel is a great advantage .But in the engineering world we have a saying “No machine is hundred percent efficient “.And I also have a belief , no matter how awesome a machine is ,there would be some down sides .So what are the disadvantages of hybrids ?,lets find out .

1.INITIAL COST PRICE
Well, this is not a subject of debate , hybrids cost more .Some prices can make you drain your account .So if you are thinking of getting a hybrid , consider the cost.

2. RUNNING COST
From maintenance to replacements,the running cost of hybrid cars is neck breaking.The last I heard the batteries go for nothing less than 300,000 Naira .

3.POSSIBLE ELECTROCUTION
Because the batteries have high voltages ,there could be electrocution most likely when an accident occurs.

4.FLOOD LIMITATIONS
Because of a high concentration of electrical gadgetry , it’s very dangerous driving in a flood .Especially because of the battery .Infact the flood can render the vehicle useless,as I stated earlier ,it has more electrical and electronic components than regular cars ,the water from the flood could cause a short or bridge in the electrical circuits causing a total or partial damage.

5.LESS ENGINE POWER
Because of the small gas engine with and electric side to compensate for it .Most ,though not all hybrid cars , have less engine power compared to regular cars .So if you are looking for speed and acceleration and massive Horse Powers , hybrids are not for you.

Have a point or two to add ?,or do you disagree with any of my points ?.Keep the comments rolling in.

By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/5-disadvantages-of-hybrid-cars/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

Before you settle for this misconception please read this about electric car :
30 Reasons Your Next Car Should Be Electric
August 31st, 2016 by Zachary Shahan
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Hybrid Cars by bennywise30(m): 3:19pm On May 04, 2017
Mrtesso:

Please whenever u wanna sell pleaaassssseeeer contact me. Please!!!! Infact I go dey monitor u hence forth grin

If its well used it has good resale value. Hybrid cars are the future. The sooner we accept that the better. These same myths came with the automatic transmission thingy. And that made our fathers to drive manual cars till their spines and limbs started warning them. Now who wants to drive a manual car? Really few Nigérians I'm sure.

Hybrid systems are the future of cars in Nigeria and the world over. Gas prices arent coming down, the weather is getting warmer and the economy is biting harder. U have an edge over the other man if u understand the hybrid system. grin

So if u need a hybrid technician in and around Port Harcourt just feel free to ask and I'd point u in d direction of one.
Please I need the contact of the electrician thanks
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Hybrid Cars by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 04, 2017
stuffs4me:
OP, your points 2, 3 and 4 are totally wrong and misleading.

Regarding point 2. Hybrids cars don't have high running costs. On the other hand, most have much less running costs than regular cars. This even the biggest selling point of hybrid cars is that you spend far less on fuel when you are driving a hybrid car.

Regarding point 3. Hybrid cars have well insulated electrical systems and the risks of electrocution is very low. I would also like to remind you that regular cars have batteries in them too. How many times have you heard that the battery on the regular car electrocuted someone.

Regarding point 3. Flood is not good for any car be it hybrid or regular. Last time I checked water getting into engines don't make engines work more efficiently.

In conclusion, I think this issue is basically a matter of what one like as there is no perfect design of any type of vehicle on this earth. Every car, be it regular or hybrid has its owne imperfections.
hmm, beautiful imperfection.
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Hybrid Cars by Mrtesso: 1:45am On May 17, 2017
Very very very importantly, ensure there are no rodents in ur vicinity. Else u go spend tire. Those miscreants will eat vital cables that can cost you long term expenses.
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Hybrid Cars by Mrtesso: 1:47am On May 17, 2017
bennywise30:

Please I need the contact of the electrician thanks

Le Richy car care : 08037082823
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Hybrid Cars by iamjavadem(m): 9:51pm On Aug 07, 2017
Mrtesso:

Please whenever u wanna sell pleaaassssseeeer contact me. Please!!!! Infact I go dey monitor u hence forth grin

If its well used it has good resale value. Hybrid cars are the future. The sooner we accept that the better. These same myths came with the automatic transmission thingy. And that made our fathers to drive manual cars till their spines and limbs started warning them. Now who wants to drive a manual car? Really few Nigérians I'm sure.

Hybrid systems are the future of cars in Nigeria and the world over. Gas prices arent coming down, the weather is getting warmer and the economy is biting harder. U have an edge over the other man if u understand the hybrid system. grin

So if u need a hybrid technician in and around Port Harcourt just feel free to ask and I'd point u in d direction of one.
"These same myths came with the automatic transmission thingy. And that made our fathers to drive manual cars till their spines and limbs started warning them"... Hahahahaha banana...so funny.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. / These Are Duties And Functions Of LASTMA, VIO And FRSC Officers - AutoReportNG / What DIYs (Do It Yourself ) Have You Done On Your Car Or Plan To Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.