Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,083 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Help, I Need Help In Choosing Between A Shared Hosting Plan And Vps Plan - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help, I Need Help In Choosing Between A Shared Hosting Plan And Vps Plan (694 Views)

Do You Have A Shared Playstore Developer Account Come In / Please I Need A Shared Ussd Code / Myvpshost.org: Cheap And Reliable Dedicated Servers And VPS Host (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, I Need Help In Choosing Between A Shared Hosting Plan And Vps Plan by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 20, 2017
I do need you guys opinion, I want to choose between A Shared Hosting plan of
. Disk Space : 30 GB Traffic : 100 GB E-Mails : Unlimited Databases : Unlimited Free Domain Name* Free SSL Certificate* Domains Allowed : 10 . And a Vps Plan of
. vRAM: 512 MB Storage: 20GB vCPU: 1 Core Bandwidth: 100GB Remote /SSH Access: Yes Static IP Address: 1
Which of the plan will you go for and why? Please Elucidate
P:s The website is planning on having up to 50k page view monthly.
Re: Help, I Need Help In Choosing Between A Shared Hosting Plan And Vps Plan by Jose213(m): 1:46pm On Jan 20, 2017
Virtual Private Servers (VPS) are for those who are in need of running customized programs on a low budget. Basically, VPS users still share the server with other users, but they are given separated computer functions. In other words, your files and hosted websites are not affected by other users on the server, and each VPS user would be guaranteed resources on the server (e.g. Guaranteed 512MB ECC RAM of the web server). This service can provide more security and performance.

With a Shared Hosting plan, you share storage on a web server with other users.....maybe hundreds of thousands and all the files are exposed to the users that are on the same shared server.

If any one of the users makes an error in scripting, all users on the shared server are affected. Therefore to lower the chance of this happening, users that are subscribed to Shared Hosting services are not authorized to run their own program.

I would recommend you go for VPS hosting since you will have complete control of the assigned servers.

1 Like

Re: Help, I Need Help In Choosing Between A Shared Hosting Plan And Vps Plan by betahost247(m): 5:14pm On Jan 20, 2017
koresma26:
I do need you guys opinion, I want to choose between A Shared Hosting plan of

Disk Space : 30 GB
Traffic : 100 GB
E-Mails : Unlimited
Databases : Unlimited
Free Domain Name*
Free SSL Certificate*
Domains Allowed : 10
And a Vps Plan of

vRAM: 512 MB
Storage: 20GB
vCPU: 1 Core
Bandwidth: 100GB
Remote /SSH Access: Yes
Static IP Address: 1

Which of the plan will you go for and why? Please Elucidate

P:s The website is planning on having up to 50k page view monthly.

Hello,

What kind of site are you trying to host sir?

Awaiting your reply
Re: Help, I Need Help In Choosing Between A Shared Hosting Plan And Vps Plan by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 20, 2017
Jose213:
Virtual Private Servers (VPS) are for those who are in need of running customized programs on a low budget. Basically, VPS users still share the server with other users, but they are given separated computer functions. In other words, your files and hosted websites are not affected by other users on the server, and each VPS user would be guaranteed resources on the server (e.g. Guaranteed 512MB ECC RAM of the web server). This service can provide more security and performance.

With a Shared Hosting plan, you share storage on a web server with other users.....maybe hundreds of thousands and all the files are exposed to the users that are on the same shared server.

If any one of the users makes an error in scripting, all users on the shared server are affected. Therefore to lower the chance of this happening, users that are subscribed to Shared Hosting services are not authorized to run their own program.

I would recommend you go for VPS hosting since you will have complete control of the assigned servers.

This helped, Thank you.
Re: Help, I Need Help In Choosing Between A Shared Hosting Plan And Vps Plan by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 20, 2017
betahost247:

Hello,
What kind of site are you trying to host sir?
Awaiting your reply
Scratch card selling Portal.
Re: Help, I Need Help In Choosing Between A Shared Hosting Plan And Vps Plan by betahost247(m): 3:47am On Jan 21, 2017
koresma26:

Scratch card selling Portal.

Hello,

You can go for Shared Hosting Plan. We can offer you a secure place to host the site on our Server.

Kindly visit us at: http://www.betahost247.com/webhosting.html to get started.

Thank you

Regards,
Ahmed Khan
Beta Host Limited Sales Team

(1) (Reply)

Can Knowledge In HTML And CSS Build A Website? / Escrow Service Needed / Buy Etisalat Data!!! 1gb At 500; 2.1gb At 1000; 3.3gb At 1500 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.