Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Do Not only Blame Yaradua, Obasanjo still remains the root of the problem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Not only Blame Yaradua, Obasanjo still remains the root of the problem (591 Views)

Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu / Jonathan Remains The Best Man To Move Nigeria Forward – David Mark / 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not only Blame Yaradua, Obasanjo still remains the root of the problem by Depilot(m): 6:31pm On Nov 27, 2009
Why do we (Nigerians) forget things so quickly?
Why are we only blaming Yaradua for not stepping down?

Obasanjo still remains the main reason why Nigeria as a nation has to go through this difficult stage.
Obasanjo did not care about this country, all because of his selfish motive, Obasanjo went ahead and planted a fragile individual as our president. He knew the man was sick from day 1. In fact, Yaradua had to be rushed to Germany (for medical reasons) at least twice during the 2007 presidential election period.
So, why are we only beating up Yaradua? Have we forgotten the root of the problem? And why no-one is holding Obasanjo responsible?
Re: Do Not only Blame Yaradua, Obasanjo still remains the root of the problem by bilymuse: 5:19pm On Nov 28, 2009
hmm, or we shouldn't blame Obasanjo, but those who planted him in the first place.
IBB perhaps?
Re: Do Not only Blame Yaradua, Obasanjo still remains the root of the problem by Depilot(m): 5:28pm On Nov 28, 2009
I agree.
We keep on beating Yaradua, but totally forgot to kick the root of the problem in the nuts.
Yaradua was clearly planted or forced into taking the position; not for the sake of Nigeria or Nigerians, but for the selfish agenda of the former president.
And I think this is what Nigerians should be talking about. How this must not happen again.

One of the reasons why some people in United States did not vote for McCain was because of his age and health record. Voters in United States knew that Sarah Empty as a VP was not ready to hold things down if anything was to happen to McCain as the number 1 man.

It is crazy that no one is holding Obasanjo responsible for intentionally forcing a sick man to be our president.
Re: Do Not only Blame Yaradua, Obasanjo still remains the root of the problem by shuboy: 6:25pm On Nov 28, 2009
OBJ is only part of the problem. He is not the root cause of our problems. Where will you place the likes of Abacha, IBB, Buhari and co?
I remember how bad corruption was during the IBB, Abacha era. No press freedom (remember Dele Giwa), Structural Adjustment Programme (SAP)?
OBJ's ego is bigger than the whole country and cannot be accused (even if you try). It is a shame that that in a country of over 100m people we have
not really produced or elected a competent leader.

Despite the poor calibre of our current and past leaders (most of them forced upon us), I think the main problem is with the 'Nigerian Mentality'
when we are in a position of power. We are very good at exploiting each other rather than exploiting what we have. I often wonder what the people
who complain about how bad things are in Nigeria will do if they find themselves in the position of power. I am sure that if most Nigerians find that
their brother/sister has been elected Governor/Local Government Chairman etc for most it will feel like winning the lottery.

Finally, our leaders at any level of government are not aliens, they are just Nigerians like each and every one of us. They are simply a reflection of our
society.
Re: Do Not only Blame Yaradua, Obasanjo still remains the root of the problem by Depilot(m): 6:39pm On Nov 28, 2009
Babangida and Abacha placed Yaradua as our president?
Re: Do Not only Blame Yaradua, Obasanjo still remains the root of the problem by shuboy: 7:19pm On Nov 28, 2009
Not at all!

Just making a point about leadership in Nigeria, the tendency to serve themselves and not the people. It just goes to show that OBJ
was not thinking Nigeria rather what is best for him.

(1) (Reply)

VP; Dr. Goodluck Set To Make HISTORY only If / Happy Birthday Hid Awolowo / Yar’adua May Not Return Yet — Doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.