Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,634 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack (57987 Views)

"Photos Of Luxury Vehicles Acquired By Jammeh In His Final Days" / Jammeh Of Gambia Speaks With Liberia President On Phone, Pleads On His Case / Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by Skmoda360(m): 4:21pm On Jan 20, 2017
grin
owodokiri:
They should please allow him to pack.. .
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by BIBILARY(m): 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2017
k
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by owodokiri: 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2017
braimeddy:
I tell u say I dey Gambia cool

I hear you.. I didnt know you were making all those tough statements from your beutifull sitting room..
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by zukor: 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2017
I will send my gate-man to Gambia, to bring out that fool called Yahya Jammeh (A.K.A. Death is Coming).
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by Vivalavida99(f): 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2017
Better.
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by Ebullience(m): 4:23pm On Jan 20, 2017
He must be a coward then
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:23pm On Jan 20, 2017
So he never even packed before?
This man really wanted to call ECOWAS bluff o!
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by FuckTheMod: 4:26pm On Jan 20, 2017
Toluene15:
This guy must be using BlackBerry grin
Blackberrybabes abi na Blackberrybabe
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by owobloww02: 4:26pm On Jan 20, 2017
lazy man, the guy just get mouth
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by thunderbabs: 4:32pm On Jan 20, 2017
That jammeh guy is nuts. His head don knack ground b4.

Ori e ti gbale ri
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by quickly: 4:34pm On Jan 20, 2017
The stupid guy was waiting for saudi to give him amnesty since he like to carry Koran pass king of saudi but as dem no show even for last minute.

E go manage morrocco or Mauritania

1 Like

Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by Abhamid(m): 4:34pm On Jan 20, 2017
Desperate fool who doesn't know when to quite,he had d opportunity to toe d path of greatness by relinquishing power honourably but instead he disgraced himself, his family n his entire yet unborn generation, what a foolish man indeed.Africans and their quest for power always make dem loose a common sense dat is suppose to b common to even animals.
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by Sirjohn84(m): 4:37pm On Jan 20, 2017
Nothing last foreven
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by soath(m): 4:39pm On Jan 20, 2017
Segadem:

evidence of cheap data
I can't but laugh. grin grin grin You got me. Glo rocks but I actually mean what I said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by Emmizay12(m): 4:42pm On Jan 20, 2017
Him no get liver
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by mr1759: 4:44pm On Jan 20, 2017
shocked
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by sekundosekundo: 4:45pm On Jan 20, 2017
Mrdecent:
Regret regret and regret... For the rest of his life it would all be regret Jonathan would be thanking God presently that he conceded peacefully
My dear, the man have made fool of himself for life. Let's wait and hear what his paid damage controllers will say.
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by AgindiTeco(m): 4:50pm On Jan 20, 2017
thebestprice:
Embattled out-gone President Yahya Jammeh of The Gambia has asked a shift in deadline of midday to 4pm to vacate office as ECOWAS soldiers close on him.
Government sources said the request was made when the leaders of Guinea and Mauritania arrived in the capital, Banjul, in a last-ditch diplomatic effort to get him to cede power.
A regional military force that crossed the border in support of his democratically elected successor, Adama Barrow, was awaiting orders on Friday.
Marcel Alain de Souza, chair of the west African union Ecowas, said troops would force Jammeh out if he refused to leave the country.
Jammeh
The West African troops entered the Gambia on Thursday night, hours after Barrow was forced to hold his inauguration as president in Dakar, the capital of Senegal.
De Souza said the west African force, which includes tanks, has so far met no resistance.
Banjul, the capital, was deserted on Friday.
Dozens of vultures spread their wings on the large ground outside State House, and a lone cyclist, perhaps one of the few remaining tourists in the country, made the most of the empty roads.
The country’s chief of defence staff, Ousman Badjie, was seen speeding in the direction of Banjul. He has switched allegiance several times over the past month, and was celebrating with Barrow supporters in the streets last night.
It is unclear what side he and the military would take in the event of an Ecowas attack on State House, though most sources believed he was no longer with Jammeh.
The twitter handle of Charles Onyango-Obbot @cobbo3 said “ Jammeh asks for deadline extension – from midday (local time) to 4pm!
He’s not done packing #Gambia

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/gambia-finally-jammeh-surrenders-asks-shift-4pm-deadline-pack/
sekundosekundo:

My dear, the man have made fool of himself for life.
Let's wait and hear what his paid damage controllers will say.

Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by kokomilala(m): 4:53pm On Jan 20, 2017
Instead of history conceding to him, he's become an accident of history.He'll go down as a president who had the chance to etch his name in history, but who passed up the opportunity.
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by akanji1: 4:54pm On Jan 20, 2017
Want to surrender
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by King44(m): 4:55pm On Jan 20, 2017
why does some men like to be treated like trash before dey start thinking straight
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by uviesa(m): 4:55pm On Jan 20, 2017
Fake news
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by RonJeremy: 4:58pm On Jan 20, 2017
The man must be an Afonja.....
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by neighbourhud: 5:01pm On Jan 20, 2017
Jammeh would have been celebrated if he didn't change his mind on the election defeat. Africa and power....

Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 20, 2017
smiley
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by cosade(m): 5:04pm On Jan 20, 2017
Austin4lif:
I dnt support the actions of Jammeh but ecowas are taking the advantage of a tiny and weak country. if Gambia is subscribing to the services of foreign soldiers for defense , ecowas will nt show this type of force.

This is an action that has been endorsed by the UN Security Council. Most world leaders have already congratulated President Barrow, so it's not about ECOWAS but the global community agreeing to do what is right.
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by akanji1: 5:04pm On Jan 20, 2017
Thought he has some Country and something he's relying on!!

Jammeh!
Jaammeh!!!!!!
Jaaaammmeh!!!! How many time did I called you.
So you didn't have the strenght to finish. what you've started.
See you!

Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by Uncletony(m): 5:04pm On Jan 20, 2017
He is a muslim after all. Like gadaffi like Mubarak, they share same thing in common...violence! . even bubu will do same just watch out come 2019
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by AgindiTeco(m): 5:06pm On Jan 20, 2017
Eyes red
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by Btruth: 5:08pm On Jan 20, 2017
grin grin

Omo komo! I thought he will not surrender nii?

Oya Barrow, start warming up abeg.
Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by Uncletony(m): 5:12pm On Jan 20, 2017
Mrdecent:
Regret regret and regret...
For the rest of his life it would all be regret
Jonathan would be thanking God presently that he conceded peacefully

Gambia is a small state with paltry 2400 ground troops. That's the only reason ECOWAS and even Senegal is forming U.S. Jonathan is just a good man if not u would have become a refugee and he will still be in power.

2 Likes

Re: Gambia: Finally, Jammeh Surrenders, Asks For Shift In 4pm Deadline To Pack by adeniyi65(m): 5:14pm On Jan 20, 2017
nicerichard05:
MUMU man
haba nah wetin u do?u kidnap someone?why banned for so long.me self just come out of general banned presently.i was banned from politics which will last till 10:30am tomorrow for creating topic on adama barrow.sheun fall my hand o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jeff Bezos Slam Professor Uju Anya For Wishing Elizabeth An ‘Excruciating’ Death / Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name / Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.