Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,833 members, 7,862,733 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:10 AM

Thank You Obama - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Thank You Obama (326 Views)

Iraqis Bake Thank you Cake For President Trump (video) / Thank You Donald Truimph / Famous Gay Man Makes Shocking Admission About Barack Obama's Sexuality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank You Obama by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 20, 2017
My Personal Tribute to Obama
It was sometime in 2009, I was a rusty adolescent and being the son of a Teacher,I was well-informed about the US elections taking place. I have always known America as a place where "white men who were extremely rich and threw away food lived" so it came as a shock to me when I heard that a Black man, A Kenyan!!, was contesting for US President. I was flabbergasted,Bamboozled,Flummoxed and Momentarily Mentally Incapacitated by the news, I coudn't just believe it!! The Next day,When I told Emeka, He laughed at me and asked me "How can a black man rule US?? They will just kill him".. Even I couldn't fathom it. So it was with Bated Breath and Sleepless eyes I watched the election unfold on the TV. When It was apparent that Obama was leading by a clear majority, Papa Chiboy broke down crying , He said "He had never in his Wildest Imaginations Believed that an African can rule the most powerful Nattion in the world, I am certain no one could believe it either!! The Next day ,When I got to school, I was literally floating, My Head was on the clouds, I felt like I was high on Heroin, My classmates regarded Me as an Oracle. In a Day, I turned from a Nerd to "That Brilliant Boy!" Girls began to look my way and I even got to play football with my "seniors". Obama's victory at the polls opened my eyes to a whole new world of Possibilties, It showed Me the collective Power of People around the world ,The thing people could do when they were united in Purpose, It showed Me that underneath the Facade of Race,Political Lines and etc that people could stand up and fight for what they believe in. Above all, It made Me have faith in Myself, It turned me from a Melancholy depressed Teenager into an Uncurable Optimist, It Made Me take Pride in My Skin colour,My Beliefs and My Background, and It made me believe that the world could be a better place if we put our shouders into the Work of Building IT. So this is to say Thatnk You Obama. Thank You for everything,Thank You for your Impact In my life and in the life of all other "coloured" disillusioned Tennagers. Thanks for making me have Faith in the World again. Thank you Barrack Hussein Obama,The Greatest and Simplest President I have ever witnessed. Whether It was Taking Selfies or Running with Joe Biden to playing With Kids and Your Relationship with your Kids, You always suceed in infusing a Touch of class into everything you do. Thank you,Once again. You have inspired me in more ways than you could Imagine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thank You Obama by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 20, 2017
Lalasticlala,Mynd44, Dominique
Re: Thank You Obama by owodokiri: 7:40pm On Jan 20, 2017
?
Re: Thank You Obama by VickyRotex(f): 7:40pm On Jan 20, 2017
Awwwnnnnn!!!! cry cry Nice One Op!

I believe History will judge President Barack/Michelle Obama kindly!

Op, Maybe Oneday, just Oneday, you can also rule a Country you never believed you could Rule. Like the States!

Oneday, you'd do achieve what you never thought you could achieve!

No Limits, No Boundaries!
Re: Thank You Obama by poksmahn(m): 7:41pm On Jan 20, 2017
I didn't do it by myself. It was through your support that I made it to the white house. Keep working hard and you may just become an Igbo man in Aso rock. Keep believing

Signed: Obama

(1) (Reply)

Barrow Would Return To Gambia On Thursday- Aide / Police Banned From Marrying Foreigners / Putin, Trump To Speak By Phone On Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.