Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Can A Foreigner Become President Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can A Foreigner Become President Of Nigeria (2148 Views)

Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner / If This Happens Buhari Will Become President Mark My Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Foreigner Become President Of Nigeria by Epi: 11:27pm On Nov 27, 2009
WARNING:  This is not a Joke and no personal attacks

One day, I want to be President of Nigeria.  Please tell me what to do and what not to do.
Re: Can A Foreigner Become President Of Nigeria by Epi: 11:33pm On Nov 27, 2009
Keep this in mind - I will fight for your rights wink
Re: Can A Foreigner Become President Of Nigeria by xynerise: 12:36am On Nov 28, 2009
slowpoke.
Re: Can A Foreigner Become President Of Nigeria by Epi: 1:01am On Nov 28, 2009
xynerise:

slowpoke.
c'mon it can't be that easy (an slowpoke) to be a Nigerian President. This is a serious matter. I need facts on how to go about becoming President
Re: Can A Foreigner Become President Of Nigeria by becomrich15: 2:12am On Nov 28, 2009
It depend on what you mean by Foreigner. Is michelle obama a Foreigner. Since her great grandparent were from there. I can tell you. If michelle obama join the 2011 election , she would beat yar adua . Is that not true.
Re: Can A Foreigner Become President Of Nigeria by PeeDaVinci: 2:17am On Nov 28, 2009
Abacha's father was from Chad, and the Abacha's link to Chad is still intact till date
Re: Can A Foreigner Become President Of Nigeria by back2back(f): 2:46am On Nov 28, 2009
Lugard was a briton!
Re: Can A Foreigner Become President Of Nigeria by Epi: 4:08am On Nov 28, 2009
becomrich,:

It depend on what you mean by Foreigner. Is michelle obama a Foreigner. Since her great grandparent were from there. I can tell you. If michelle obama join the 2011 election , she would beat yar adua . Is that not true.
PeeDaVinci:

Abacha's father was from Chad, and the Abacha's link to Chad is still intact till date
back2back:

Lugard was a briton!
In this case, my definition for foreign is:- a non-Nigerian with Nigerian roots.

Ok, let's assume Abacha and Lugard (both born in Nigeria) are my great-grandfathers. Is it possible for me (a non Nigerian/born outside Africa) to run for President of Nigeria? Taking into consideration, my grandfather and father were born in Europe but I attended school in Nigeria.

Do I stand a chance of winning the Presidency or there are laws forbidding me to run for President?
Re: Can A Foreigner Become President Of Nigeria by Epi: 2:26am On Nov 30, 2009
Aye angry angry angry who pushed my thread to the third page in one day. angry angry grin grin grin
Re: Can A Foreigner Become President Of Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 2:40am On Nov 30, 2009
It is possible, as long as you have what it takes.
Re: Can A Foreigner Become President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:04am On Nov 30, 2009
The constitution does not provide room for a foreigner to be president.under section,
Re: Can A Foreigner Become President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:05am On Nov 30, 2009
The constitution does not provide room for a foreigner to be president.under section,
Re: Can A Foreigner Become President Of Nigeria by sjeezy8: 4:20am On Nov 30, 2009
lol yes they dont even keep proper birth records in Africa lol
Re: Can A Foreigner Become President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 30, 2009
Yes because yaradua is from niger
Re: Can A Foreigner Become President Of Nigeria by saintneo(m): 8:18am On Nov 30, 2009
[size=18pt]yes! if and only if u r a taliban, then i'll support u![/size]
Re: Can A Foreigner Become President Of Nigeria by Dotman01(m): 2:13pm On Nov 30, 2009
As long as u av a 9ja name even if u cant speak any of our lingo or u havent been to d country b4, u're a bonafide nigerian nd can contest for any position. Again dnt 4get to carry dollars come , nuthin like rule of law ere
Re: Can A Foreigner Become President Of Nigeria by OmoAlex: 3:40pm On Nov 30, 2009
@ post I think the question you are really asking is [size=8pt]WHAT IS THE FASTEST WAY TO GET YOURSELF KILLED AS A FOREIGNER IN NIGERIA[/size] grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

What Does Naija Mean? pics / Revelation Of The 'untouchable Cabals' . / 2015: Kwankwaso Woos Anambra APC, seeks Okorocha’s support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.