Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture (2028 Views)

The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) / I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? / Evolutionary Theory And Creation Theory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by No2Atheism(m): 3:25am On Nov 28, 2009
Black Atheist please whats wrong with this Picture below

Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by Krayola(m): 3:33am On Nov 28, 2009
grin grin grin
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by modupe01: 3:55am On Nov 28, 2009
Atheists wouldn't see anything wrong with it, what they have in common is their hatred for God.
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by ednut1(m): 5:52am On Nov 28, 2009
That pic is crab, cos we nt been told hw d first ape came about. Science hs shown d bible is crab( no heaven in d skies where jesus ascended and tower of babel, dinosaur fossils are nt in bible :u wil agree no man was alive during dinosaur cos we 4 don die finish etc). But d point is science can nt us hw we came about
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by Tudor6(f): 7:54am On Nov 28, 2009
What is wrong with the picture?

Do you expect them to draw all the different races to satisfy crazy oversensitive people like you?

A homo sapien is a homo sapien whether black, white or yellow. . .if that illustration was drawn by a black or yellow man it'd be different so don't come here ranting like you wouldn't do the same thing if it were you.
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by manmustwac(m): 2:24pm On Nov 28, 2009
So what? When you all go to your various churches and worship your god. What colour is he? When u close your eyes and see your god when u pray. What colour is he? Look at the pictures of your god in your house. What colour is he?
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by jimjones: 8:41pm On Nov 28, 2009
@poster

what?! oh, an atheist is supposed to feel slighted by this pic? smh,

i can assure u that flying off the handle over such nonsense is not a character trait germane to atheists. try again, son, aint noffin wrong
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by mamagee3(f): 9:01pm On Nov 28, 2009
These are the generation of Apes. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 28, 2009
the apes are dark skinned and negroid while the humans are not grin

seems more like a description of various types of NLers at different stages of development grin

but mostly the same skin color though. You know what stage they're at by what they type. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by bawomolo(m): 9:19pm On Nov 28, 2009
you know what's wrong with the picture?

it's blurry
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by CrazyMan(m): 9:38pm On Nov 28, 2009
As far as I'm concerned, I was created in the image and likeness of God. So that picture there makes no sense to me unless you the poster believe that you originated from an ape.

1 Like

Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by mamagee3(f): 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2009
CrazyMan:

As far as I'm concerned, I was created in the image and likeness of God. So that picture there makes no sense to me unless you the poster believe that you originated from an ape.

GBAM!!! grin grin
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by agathamari(f): 5:12pm On Nov 29, 2009
this answers my question. this time its a pic and not a person
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:06pm On Dec 01, 2009
[size=13pt]No2Atheism i have been seeing this your thread but i really want to find some time to start responding.I chose to respond this  your thread because it sounds like you are wrestling with a terrible monster, and need all the help you can get. However, there is not that much that I can do for you, specifically. All I can offer is generalities.

This is because I know absolutely nothing about you. Your thread is far too short, and lacks detail. Psychologists are not mind readers or magicians. i need information in order to be able to make helpful Contribution to this Issue of Evolutionary pictures.
[/size]
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by wirinet(m): 2:29pm On Dec 01, 2009
I am sure the picture was taken off a creationist's site to poke fun at evolutionists. But i will tell you what is wrong and what is right with the picture.

What is wrong with the Picture;

1.The photo is a terrible photoshop job, Its is too blurry and the attachments of the heads are horrible, especially the one before the final man. Also some of the body proportions are off

The representation of the evolution of man is wrong. The first in line is clearly a modern day gorilla, and evolutionary theory never said that the modern day gorilla metamorphosed to man (apologies to david). It says we share the same ancestor with modern gorilla more than 6 million years ago.

What is Right;
The change of skin colour is correct. This is an attempt to represent the evolution of a white man. Since all men accept that their evolutionary migration started from Africa, it is logical for the skin to change from black (where there is ample sunlight) to white (where the sunlight is less). If the Mongoloids (chinese) also draw their evolutionary path, they would begin with the black ancestor.
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by No2Atheism(m): 4:31pm On Dec 01, 2009
wirinet:

I am sure the picture was taken off a creationist's site to poke fun at evolutionists. But i will tell you what is wrong and what is right with the picture.

1.The photo is a terrible photoshop job, Its is too blurry and the attachments of the heads are horrible, especially the one before the final man. Also some of the body proportions are off

The representation of the evolution of man is wrong.  The first in line is clearly a modern day gorilla, and evolutionary theory never said that the modern day gorilla metamorphosed to man (apologies to david). It says we share the same ancestor with modern gorilla more than 6 million years ago.

The picture is clearer now . . . . . .

What is Right;
The change of skin colour is correct. This is an attempt to represent the evolution of a white man. Since all men accept that their evolutionary migration started from Africa, it is logical for the skin to change from black (where there is ample sunlight) to white (where the sunlight is less). If the Mongoloids (chinese) also draw their evolutionary path, they would begin with the black ancestor.

Now you are getting the hidden agenda . . .

Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by JeSoul(f): 4:48pm On Dec 01, 2009
Of all the atheists that commented on this thread, only Krayola and Bawo exhibited the appropriate response. Two of the coolest dudes in this section.

@topic, No2 you're looking for trouble again  grin
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by morpheus24: 5:23pm On Dec 01, 2009
wirinet:

The representation of the evolution of man is wrong. The first in line is clearly a modern day gorilla, and evolutionary theory never said that the modern day gorilla metamorphosed to man (apologies to david). It says we share the same ancestor with modern gorilla more than 6 million years ago.
What is Right;

The bolded part is a very popular misconception by someone who does not understand what evolutionionist are talking about.
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 01, 2009
wirinet:

What is Right;

The problem with the above is that you have NO IDEA what the representation of the evolution of man should be.
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by No2Atheism(m): 5:44pm On Dec 01, 2009
JeSoul:

Of all the atheists that commented on this thread, only Krayola and Bawo exhibited the appropriate response. Two of the coolest dudes in this section.

@topic, No2 you're looking for trouble again  grin

don't mind me . . . grin grin grin
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:48pm On Mar 14, 2010
[size=13pt]Dont tell me something is wrong with this Evolutionary table. . . wink[/size]
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 27, 2013
Bumped
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by F00028: 10:29am On Feb 27, 2013
No2Atheism: Black Atheist please whats wrong with this Picture below

monkeys are BLACK, evolved humans are WHITE undecided

Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 27, 2013
F00028:

monkeys are BLACK, evolved humans are WHITE undecided

undecided
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by F00028: 12:28pm On Feb 27, 2013
Logicboy03:

undecided
yes.
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 27, 2013
F00028:
yes.

We agree on this
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by wiegraf: 1:49pm On Feb 27, 2013
Religious folly knows no end. Even if the op were true, so? Really, is the concept of evolution so difficult to understand? This cannot be the result of just indoctrination, I'm tempted to think there's stoopid involved somewhere.

http://www.funnychill.com/media/756/Bald_Chimpanzee/
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 27, 2013
wiegraf: Religious folly knows no end. Even if the op were true, so? Really, is the concept of evolution so difficult to understand? This cannot be the result of just indoctrination, I'm tempted to think there's stoopid involved somewhere.

http://www.funnychill.com/media/756/Bald_Chimpanzee/

The picture is wrong because the first men/homo sapiens were black.

Evolution is still true.

However, the religious fools will use this pic to say that it represents what scientists think about evolution?
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by wiegraf: 2:05pm On Feb 27, 2013
Logicboy03:

The picture is wrong because the first men/homo sapiens were black.

Evolution is still true.

However, the religious fools will use this pic to say that it represents what scientists think about evolution?

They imply that apes are black (and they aren't really, as my link shows, they have black HAIR, not skin, skin is usually lighter), and that somehow means evolution is false. We didn't even evolve from current day apes. There are far too many things wrong with this eediotic notion.

And the picture is not necessarily be wrong, they could simply have skipped black man and jumped to white, they probably skipped other steps as well. Iirc, certain theories hold that asians are the last to have evolved, or at least the most 'advanced' version of man, in a sense. (on a side note, not science, but when people imagine aliens they more or else imagine what we'd evolve to and project that as aliens; small bodies, less muscle, bigger brains (thus head). Of all the flavors of man asians are the ones most similar to that, and they even have the highest average IQ's in east asia to back that up (save for european jews)).
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 27, 2013
wiegraf:

They imply that apes are black (and they aren't really, as my link shows, they have black HAIR, not skin, skin is usually lighter), and that somehow means evolution is false. We didn't even evolve from current day apes. There are far too many things wrong with this eediotic notion.

And the picture is not necessarily be wrong, they could simply have skipped black man and jumped to white, they probably skipped other steps as well. Iirc, certain theories hold that asians are the last to have evolved, or at least the most 'advanced' version of man, in a sense. (on a side note, not science, but when people imagine aliens they more or else imagine what we'd evolve to and project that as aliens; small bodies, less muscle, bigger brains (thus head). Of all the flavors of man asians are the ones most similar to that, and they even have the highest average IQ's in east asia to back that up (save for european jews)).

You sir, are quite a reetard when it comes to race. Yes, it may surprise you that I am insulting you but what kind of educated person makes the comment that

-asians are the most "advanced" version of man?
-asians have higher IQ?, biger brains etc

We as human beings have the same brain and potential intelligence. What seperates us is how we are nurtured by parents and society. IQ is a very dangerous measure when using it as a measure of intelligence and comparing it to races and evolution-you are entering eugenics

One has to be careful.

Just accept that the pic didnt put blacks as the first homo-sapiens. Skin colour is a result of the sun and environment over the years.
Re: Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture by wiegraf: 4:38pm On Feb 27, 2013
Logicboy03:

You sir, are quite a reetard when it comes to race. Yes, it may surprise you that I am insulting you but what kind of educated person makes the comment that

-asians are the most "advanced" version of man?
-asians have higher IQ?, biger brains etc

We as human beings have the same brain and potential intelligence. What seperates us is how we are nurtured by parents and society. IQ is a very dangerous measure when using it as a measure of intelligence and comparing it to races and evolution-you are entering eugenics

One has to be careful.

Just accept that the pic didnt put blacks as the first homo-sapiens. Skin colour is a result of the sun and environment over the years.

Did you notice that advanced was in quotes? Like this; "advanced". Hopefully I don't have to explain what quotes in contexts of that nature imply, do I? For one, note, that means the statement is not necessarily true. It also implies we've not settled on a proper definition of the word, yes?

Must you insist that the black man be in the picture? Why? Low self-esteem? Anyone with half a brain knows black man evolved before the others. You don't have to go around shouting that out because you're insecure, it makes you look silly. You perpetuate the problem, not solve it, when you insist on bringing race into places where it's a non issue.

Now here's a fact, far east asians have the highest mean IQs (again, other than some european jews). What that implies, I do not know, but it is a FACT. If that makes you sad, go birth some intelligent babies or become a teacher or something (though I fear you'll probably fail), don't direct eediocy at me. Some people use that to claim asians are the most 'advanced'. Asians are also the ones that fit the alien stereotype the most; smaller bodies, bigger brains, etc. This is what some people assume is the way homo sapiens will evolve. Note, I never said it was my view. I also state that the hypothetical next step in our evolution is not science (it's more science fiction).

Why was this even mentioned? Because you seem but.thurt that black man was not represented in that pic. Well, then asians also have a case, no? If indeed they were the last to have evolved, they could also claim whitey discriminating against them, especially as they are the last to have evolved. On the other hand, whitey could claim that since they evolved after us yet before them, they just used themselves as a sort of median (also, I believe most of the world is white, not so sure though).

Either ways, race is a non-issue as far as that picture is concerned. Completely. As we're all HOMO SAPIENS, and that is the point. It's a look at species, not race.

Now, my good ret.ard, do try to reason before you post. Don't just post with blind emotion, it's foo.lish.

Edits

(1) (2) (Reply)

GRACE: Why Works? Let Us Break Bread. / (PHOTO) Interview With A General Overseer That Converted To Muslim In Ekiti / Adelaja Slams Dunamis’ Paul Enenche, Others For Performing Magic In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.