Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? (13815 Views)

Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess / How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. / Muslim Murders Wife For Reading Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by fubbyy(m): 2:18pm On Apr 09, 2012
Yesterday on a bible study,I was pointed 2 read the bible and the sister conducting the study embarassed me because I brought out my phone to read from,I felt so embarrassed and appologised,but I remember watching a pastor on tv reading from his laptop while preaching, nairalanders what's your opinion on this?

1 Like

Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by logicboy: 2:21pm On Apr 09, 2012
Because your phone was made by an atheist? grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by logicboy: 3:43pm On Apr 09, 2012
logicboy: Because your phone was made by an atheist? grin
https://www.nairaland.com/908720/where-god-everyday-lives
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by ojoyentalk: 5:44pm On Apr 09, 2012
Bro,there is nothing wrong with reading your Bible from your phone as long as the manner and your motive is godly.To simply read the passage and not a show of your expensive phone and you dont distract others by sending text messages,making or receiving calls.
Also,you have to be patient with other brethren.Over time,they will appreciate it.For me I use my phone to read other versions of the Bible in church at the request of the minister or for proper understanding of a passage, but The KJV is always handy.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Image123(m): 7:30pm On Apr 09, 2012
Yeske, OP you deserve to be embarrassed and even slapped by Oyedepo. You're insensitive to the people around you. You felt so embarrassed ko, there's time for everything. You were the odd one out, and you're here asking for opinions people to support your sorryness.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by fubbyy(m): 9:03pm On Apr 09, 2012
@image123 what about the pastors preaching with their laptops?
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by ariyebaba(m): 9:10pm On Apr 09, 2012
U r attending old generation church. U better move to church were they av embrace technology. Stop embarrassing ur self with dat ur cheap phone.

1 Like

Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Image123(m): 9:22pm On Apr 09, 2012
fubbyy: @image123 what about the pastors preaching with their laptops?
The pastor is not the odd one out in his church, he's the leader. In his case, people'd want to copy him not 'embarrass' him. You're a dirty, ordinary jatijati only member na, know your level, lol. Condescend to men of low estate? Ever seen that in your phone Bible?

1 Like

Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by aletheia(m): 9:35pm On Apr 09, 2012
@Image123:
How do you reconcile these two posts:
Image123: Yeske, OP you deserve to be embarrassed and even slapped by Oyedepo. You're insensitive to the people around you.
Image123: The pastor is not the odd one out in his church, he's the leader. In his case, people'd want to copy him not 'embarrass' him. You're a dirty, ordinary jatijati only member na, know your level, lol. Condescend to men of low estate? Ever seen that in your phone Bible?

Before the printing press was invented the Bible was written on parchment. Does that mean we should be carrying around the Bible as scrolls of parchment. There is nothing wrong with using a phone. If you make an exception for the pastor, then you should make exception as well for the members.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Image123(m): 9:57pm On Apr 09, 2012
aletheia: @Image123:
How do you reconcile these two posts:

Before the printing press was invented the Bible was written on parchment. Does that mean we should be carrying around the Bible as scrolls of parchment. There is nothing wrong with using a phone. If you make an exception for the pastor, then you should make exception as well for the members.
Ali, i have not said it is wrong to use phone. I made that clear in a similar thread last month ithink. He the OP is a member, a follower. His pastor is a shepherd, a leader. There is a difference.

1 Like

Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Joagbaje(m): 2:59am On Apr 10, 2012
fubbyy: Yesterday on a bible study,I was pointed 2 read the bible and the sister conducting the study embarassed me because I brought out my phone to read from,I felt so embarrassed and appologised,but I remember watching a pastor on tv reading from his laptop while preaching, nairalanders what's your opinion on this?

It's one of the problem with religious people. Scriptures should be read with the technology of the day . You ought not to have apologized ,you ought to have corrected her. When people used to write on stones,the law was written on stone, when technology advanced it was written on scroll until printing press was invented. Now the print media is fading away ,the future of the world is mobile gadget and Internet .but religious people always stay in the places others have left.

8 Likes

Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by PastorKun(m): 7:30am On Apr 10, 2012
Joagbaje:

It's one of the problem with religious people. Scriptures should be read with the technology of the day . You ought not to have apologized ,you ought to have corrected her. When people used to write on stones,the law was written on stone, when technology advanced it was written on scroll until printing press was invented. Now the print media is fading away ,the future of the world is mobile gadget and Internet .but religious people always stay in the places others have left.

Bros how have you been? You don tire for NL or why haven't you been posting? Or have you repented of your manipulative ways and needed to retreat.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Joagbaje(m): 9:02am On Apr 10, 2012
[quote author=Pastor Kun]
Bros how have you been? You don tire for NL or why haven't you been posting?

These new government official need portraits . My hand got full . Especiall governor own. I no wan make soldiers come beat me. It also help me break my addiction to NL small. But I'm done with them now.

Or have you repented of your manipulative ways and needed to retreat.

I teach truth ,no manipulation. One day you will apologies to me.when you get to see I am right.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Image123(m): 10:18am On Apr 10, 2012
Joagbaje:

The print media is fading!! Indeed. You've started smoking abi? He should have apologised, stop confusing him. It's not only when you're wrong that you apologise. You should grow up. He did right by condescending to men of low estate, and abasing himself instead of proving mr. right. There's order in church, you of all people should know that.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Image123(m): 10:23am On Apr 10, 2012
What's wrong with shaking another's hand with the left hand, or collecting something from an older person with the left hand? We have people who make issues, and can get very furious about this. A wise person would use discretion and not create unnecessary trouble and scenes because he's now educated and has gone abroad. A foolish person will try to show everybody that he's right and doesn't care what others think or do.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 10, 2012
Image123: What's wrong with shaking another's hand with the left hand, or collecting something from an older person with the left hand? We have people who make issues, and can get very furious about this. A wise person would use discretion and not create unnecessary trouble and scenes because he's now educated and has gone abroad. A foolish person will try to show everybody that he's right and doesn't care what others think or do.
lovely.....
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Fhemmmy: 3:05pm On Apr 10, 2012
fubbyy: Yesterday on a bible study,I was pointed 2 read the bible and the sister conducting the study embarassed me because I brought out my phone to read from,I felt so embarrassed and appologised,but I remember watching a pastor on tv reading from his laptop while preaching, nairalanders what's your opinion on this?

There is nothing wrong at all in what you did . . .
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 10, 2012
U r attending old generation church. U better move to church were they av embrace technology. Stop embarrassing ur self with dat ur cheap phone.

Hehehe grin grin grin
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by knowledge4(m): 3:06pm On Apr 10, 2012
Our society is still illiterate in thought and action
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by DualCore1: 3:17pm On Apr 10, 2012
If the church is in Silicon Valley, use your iPad (or any other device). If the church is in Ajegunle, use your Bible and stop stumbling the ganja brothers.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by free2ryhme: 3:19pm On Apr 10, 2012
knowledge4: Our society is still illiterate in thought and action

and whats your point since you are part of that society ?
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 10, 2012
No wonder the number of views was pretty high when jamb released the result.. I fink nl is full of jambites no wonder you get ridiculous answers to sensitive questions like this.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by HenryJosephs(m): 3:30pm On Apr 10, 2012
There is Nafin wrong n wht u did. U were flowing with d technology but what if in the process of reading from ur phone,u get a call or text message? It will sure embarrass u.A laptop is okay.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 10, 2012
Henry-Josephs:
There is Nafin wrong n wht u did. U were flowing with d technology but what if in the process of reading from ur phone,u get a call or text message? It will sure embarrass u.A laptop is okay.

Good question, he is expected to activate his phone on silent mode so if stuff like that comes it, he can easily reject the call and minimize the text message page. I believe it is gonna be a smartphone since it has a reader
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Mynd44: 3:40pm On Apr 10, 2012
How or where you read your scriptures from is your business as long as you do not distractions others with it. The leader just wanted to embarrass the OP and show off. He should have apologised to avoid causing a distraction from the service but that does not make him wrong
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by freecocoa(f): 3:42pm On Apr 10, 2012
Walai OP of i were in your shoes,I wouldn't apologize but quietly sit down,then if she went ahead to talk about it after i must have sat down,I'll then challenge her to tell me what makes the words of the bible in the phone different from those in prints.

I put my phone in flight mode when in church and read the scriptures from it,I see no wrong in what you did.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by baryore(f): 3:43pm On Apr 10, 2012
Image123: Yeske, OP you deserve to be embarrassed and even slapped by Oyedepo. You're insensitive to the people around you. You felt so embarrassed ko, there's time for everything. You were the odd one out, and you're here asking for opinions people to support your sorryness.
Image123: Yeske, OP you deserve to be embarrassed and even slapped by Oyedepo. You're insensitive to the people around you. You felt so embarrassed ko, there's time for everything. You were the odd one out, and you're here asking for opinions people to support your sorryness.

Do u have to mention Bishop Oyedepo? Did OP say anything about him? Why can't you just answer a question based on what was asked? Try not to talk negatively about anointed men of God even if you don't like them because it will have a disastrous effect on you. Pls take this advice and do not reply foolishly.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by baryore(f): 3:43pm On Apr 10, 2012

Do u have to mention Bishop Oyedepo? Did OP say anything about him? Why can't you just answer a question based on what was asked? Try not to talk negatively about anointed men of God even if you don't like them because it will have a disastrous effect on you. Pls take this advice and do not reply foolishly.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Immarnuel(m): 3:50pm On Apr 10, 2012
the earth is the Lords and the fulness there in, everything in the world is the Lords, he may decide using any means to express his words including your phone. they are only proving to be holy whereas they are not, they want to be holier than God.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by inene: 3:54pm On Apr 10, 2012
The sister who embarrassed you must be misguided because i cannot for the life of me understand why you have to read the passage from your phone. There is no where in the scriptures that says you must read it from the Bible. Books are now on iphones and ipads, is the sister going to prevent me from reading Merchant of Venice from my ipad. I have stopped going to church with an ipad as some people might feel i am showing off even when i didnt buy it but it was given to me by my boss. Next time tell the sister there is nothing wrong with reading the Bible from your phone.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by cogsej06(m): 4:07pm On Apr 10, 2012
freecocoa: Walai OP of i were in your shoes,I wouldn't apologize but quietly sit down,then if she went ahead to talk about it after i must have sat down,I'll then challenge her to tell me what makes the words of the bible in the phone different from those in prints.

I put my phone in flight mode when in church and read the scriptures from it,I see no wrong in what you did.

Thats y we humans r different.....brillant response frm you I must say.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by tayoccu(m): 4:17pm On Apr 10, 2012

The sister goofed, but thank God you acted more mature than she did.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with reading you bible from your phone (as long as it is in flight mode, so calls and messages won't disturb).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop / Prophet Muhammad Prophesied In Bible / Gang Kidnaps 17 American Missionaries In Haiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.