Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,530 members, 7,861,537 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:06 PM

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign (22735 Views)

Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily / Breaking: Jonathan Comes For Jega, As Private Military Men Invade ICC / As Jonathan Comes To America Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by ProAnti: 11:52pm On Dec 02, 2009
[size=16pt]Is Kobojunkie and ndu_chucks one and the same person?[/size]
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by ProAnti: 11:55pm On Dec 02, 2009
Something tells me NO, but they think alike.
If I find time, I'll do some checks.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by nduchucks: 3:10am On Dec 03, 2009
Pro Anti:

[size=16pt]Is Kobojunkie and ndu_chucks one and the same person?[/size]

by your logic,  proanti = eziachi; beaf=sapeleguy; kosovo=richyblack; yar'adua = goodluck ebele jonathan.  abeg make i borrow beaf emoticon:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by mbulela: 7:13am On Dec 03, 2009
this whole argument about federal character gets my back up.
i do not care where the leaders come from.
all we ask for are competent men and women, who will do the right thing.
federal character is an euphemism for tribalism and ethnicity.
looting and stealing knows no tribe.
the barbarians that call themselves leaders find no problem crossing tribal and ethnic lines when they need to protect their interests as the thieving elite.
they only mouth ethnicity to deceive the masses.
if anyone needs to speak about abolishing federal character obviously not Babangida.
What did he do during his years of misrule to abolish it?
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by mbulela: 7:20am On Dec 03, 2009
the people of the ND have been decieved into believing that the north is the cause of their underdevelopment.
their may be some truth in that but it is in no way the whole truth.
even the bit that has been allocated what did the likes of Alams, Timi Alaibe, Ibori, Odili, the akwa ibom man at NDDC, and even Jonathan do with it?
yet these crooks go to the creeks to confuse the hungry masses that resource control will free the ND from the clutches of the north.
big lie!!
they just in it for their own pockets. looking for ways to increase of the pie they steal from the oven.
when you see men like J.P. Clarke,Abiye Sekibo and Ibori parading as leaders of thought in the ND, you know that the era of thoughtlessness is upon us.

I don't care where YarAdua's successor comes from.
As long as he is a Nigerian and is an effective leader.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Beaf: 8:43am On Dec 03, 2009
mbulela:

the people of the ND have been decieved into believing that the north is the cause of their underdevelopment.
their may be some truth in that but it is in no way the whole truth.
even the bit that has been allocated what did the likes of Alams, Timi Alaibe, Ibori, Odili, the akwa ibom man at NDDC, and even Jonathan do with it?
yet these crooks go to the creeks to confuse the hungry masses that resource control will free the ND from the clutches of the north.
big lie!!
they just in it for their own pockets. looking for ways to increase of the pie they steal from the oven.
when you see men like J.P. Clarke,Abiye Sekibo and Ibori parading as leaders of thought in the ND, you know that the era of thoughtlessness is upon us.

I don't care where YarAdua's successor comes from.
As long as he is a Nigerian and is an effective leader.

This argument (aside from being very faulty) is diversionery and does not address the issue at hand.
How do we save our country from straying into anarchy with the current seriously ill health of Yar Adua? What is the lawful thing to do?

If you really don't care where the next leader comes from, why start your argument by firing shots at the section of the country he comes from? . . .Easy ruse to see through, lets just call it "federal character".
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by mbulela: 11:36am On Dec 03, 2009
i used that as an example of how our leaders use 'federal character' and ethnicity to becloud the reasoning of the masses.
It is not a diversionary. i just picked a classic example.

on the issue of its faultiness, i welcome your divergent opinion.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by mbulela: 11:39am On Dec 03, 2009
Beaf:

This argument (aside from being very faulty) is diversionery and does not address the issue at hand.
How do we save our country from straying into anarchy with the current seriously ill health of Yar Adua? What is the lawful thing to do?

If you really don't care where the next leader comes from, why start your argument by firing shots at the section of the country he comes from? . . .Easy ruse to see through, lets just call it "federal character".

one more thing, i am not of the school of thought that assumes that Jonathan is the next 'leader'.
i do not wish Yar Adua death as bad as he is.
i assume that both of them will go together and the nation will be saved from their ineptitude, cluelessness and gross inability.
on that basis the assumption of the bold phrase is wrong.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by stonizzle: 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2009
We have group of jokers as our leaders
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by tunjiblack: 12:26pm On Dec 03, 2009
Diamond and Gold Ring are the special gift anybody can get this xmas. At Benkol Bridals, you can get your spouse a diamond ring at 50% discount price of (90k). Its real and offer last Dec 31st. For contact purpose, Benkol Bridals & Fashion located at 59, Adeniran Ogunsanya Street, Surulere Lagos. Email: customercare@benkolgroup.com or call: 01-8541564

Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Beaf: 12:32pm On Dec 03, 2009
mbulela:

i used that as an example of how our leaders use 'federal character' and ethnicity to becloud the reasoning of the masses.
It is not a diversionary. i just picked a classic example.

on the issue of its faultiness, i welcome your divergent opinion.

Fair enough, but out of curiosity, why did you mention J.P. Clark as one of those parading as leaders in the ND? The man is an intellectual, who couldn't be farther away from everyday politics. You must have come across his poems in primary school at least, if you schooled in Nigeria (he is part of the sylabus).

That was a mistake, here is one of his poems;

J.P. Clark:

Night Rain

What time of night it is
I do not know
Except that like some fish
Doped out of the deep
I have bobbed up bellywise
From stream of sleep
And no cocks crow.
It is drumming hard here
And I suppose everywhere
Droning with insistent ardour upon
Our roof thatch and shed
And thro' sheaves slit open
To lightning and rafters
I cannot quite make out overhead
Great water drops are dribbling
Falling like orange or mango
Fruits showered forth in the wind
Or perhaps I should say so
Much like beads I could in prayer tell
Them on string as they break
In wooden bowls and earthenware
Mother is busy now deploying
About our roomlet and floor.
Although it is so dark
I know her practiced step as
She moves her bins, bags and vats
Out of the run of water
That like ants gain possession
Of the floor. Do not tremble then
But turns, brothers, turn upon your side
Of the loosening mats
To where the others lie.
We have drunk tonight of a spell
Deeper than the owl's or hat's
That wet of wings may not fly
Bedraggled up on the iroko, they stand
Emptied of hearts, and
Therefore will not stir, no, not
Even at dawn for then
They must scurry in to hide.
So let us roll over on our back
And again roll to the beat
Of drumming all over the land
And under its ample soothing hand
Joined to that of the sea
We will settle to sleep of the innocent and free.

A couple of others are, Ibadan and Abiku.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Beaf: 12:38pm On Dec 03, 2009
mbulela:

one more thing, i am not of the school of thought that assumes that Jonathan is the next 'leader'.
i assume that both of them will go together and the nation will be saved from their ineptitude, cluelessness and gross inability.
on that basis the assumption of the bold phrase is wrong.

It wouldn't be practical to ease Yar Adua out because of ill health, only to immediately go into battle to "ease" Goodluck Jonathan out. We would only end up with huge swathes of Southern Nigeria being disatisfied with the union at best and at the worst; bloodshed, riots, division, chaos and possibly war.
If we think the country is divided now, why open pandora's box?
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by naijaking1: 12:54pm On Dec 03, 2009
Beaf:

Fair enough, but out of curiosity, why did you mention J.P. Clark as one of those parading as leaders in the ND? The man is an intellectual, who couldn't be farther away from everyday politics. You must have come across his poems in primary school at least, if you schooled in Nigeria (he is part of the sylabus).

That was a mistake, here is one of his poems;

A couple of others are, Ibadan and Abiku.

I don't blame him, that Clark name has become a poison pill by itself. I think he meant the so-called Ijaw leader who's been promoting his narrow selfish interest from time immemorial.
You know the one(s) who thought that Igbos were frustrating his chances of success in the civil service, the one fighting M.T Mbu, the one fighting Amechi in PH, the one fighting Ibori, and now fighting Uduaghan, you know that Clark, the one fighting everybody.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by SapeleGuy: 1:07pm On Dec 03, 2009
mbulela:

Yaradua just needs to resign. He is embarrassing our country and Dora's attempts at rebranding.
They only way they can go together is through electoral defeat? Anything else is illegality. You can't shift the goalposts during the game.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Beaf: 1:15pm On Dec 03, 2009
naijaking1:

I don't blame him, that Clark name has become a poison pill by itself. I think he meant the so-called Ijaw leader who's been promoting his narrow selfish interest from time immemorial.
You know the one(s) who thought that Igbos were frustrating his chances of success in the civil service, the one fighting M.T Mbu, the one fighting Amechi in PH, the one fighting Ibori, and now fighting Uduaghan, you know that Clark, the one fighting everybody.

Ahh! I see, you mean his brother, Edwin Kiagbodo Clark.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200802050356.html
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by nduchucks: 4:22pm On Dec 03, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Yaradua just needs to resign.

you get evidence say yar'adua dey permanently incapable of discharging the functions of his office? if so, abeg forward am as soon as possible to FEC.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by ezennaya: 4:31pm On Dec 03, 2009
NA FOR ONLY NIGERIA NA EM I SEE SEY WE DEY CALL A SPEAR AN ARROW,YARADUA D SICK SERIOUSLY AND DON ALMOST OR ALREADY DEAD,I PRAY O MEK E NO DIE,BUT IF ANY TIN HAPEN WELL NO PROBLEM,SINCE E DEY SICK,MEK JONATHAN WEY WELL TAKE OVER,BUT IF JONATHAN DEY FEAR,MEK FASHOLA KOKOMA CONTINUE WITH EM GOOD WORK GO PRESIDENT LEVEL

Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Beaf: 6:24pm On Dec 03, 2009
ndu_chucks:

you get evidence say yar'adua dey permanently incapable of discharging the functions of his office? if so, abeg forward am as soon as possible to FEC.

Others are laughing at us.
This sort of reasoning produces this sort of response https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-360672.0.html#msg5040044
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by nduchucks: 6:39pm On Dec 03, 2009
Beaf:

Others are laughing at us.
This sort of reasoning produces this sort of response https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-360672.0.html#msg5040044

which sort of reasoning you dey talk about? de kind wey simply point out wettin our constitution require?

others are laughing, make dem laugh. dem go praise us when dem see say in de end, we go handle our issues according to our constitution and in a peaceful manner, and kuma to the disappointment of secessionists among us.

soon enough we go annex ghana.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On Dec 03, 2009
ndu_chucks:

Abi o!!!
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Moves: 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2009
@ Kobo, From your reponse, it seems we are discussing different Topics, or you have moved away from the OP, As the reason for current request for Yardua resignation his based on his health issues,
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by SapeleGuy: 7:42pm On Dec 03, 2009
ndu_chucks:

Shuo come and see wonder - Next you go dey tell me say the man dey do lesser abi na greater hajj. Which kain temporary sickness naija doctor not fit cure?

Look joking aside, the man has been permananently incapaple of discharging his duties even before he came into power.

Incompetence + Permanent infirmity = Good excuse for president to resign.

It is sheer wickedness to ask the man to continue in the position. The man has been to Saudi Arabia for treatment 4 times in 3 months, the man has missed important international events including a special audience with Obama. In fact make I leave that side. Since you say the sickness nah temporary tell us when e dey return.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 7:46pm On Dec 03, 2009
Moves:

@ Kobo, From your reponse, it seems we are discussing different Topics, or you have moved away from the OP, As the reason for current request for Yardua resignation his based on his health issues,

a) I HAVE NEVER BEEN FOR removing him simply because of his health, since I am not sure that is actually posing a HINDERANCE of any kind to him doing his job. He came into office, after 8 years as governor of Katsina state, with that same illness. There seems really no signs that the illness has directly IMPACTED his ability to do his job. I mean sure, he has taken so many vacations to go treat Himself but even a hypochrondiac could do same.

b) I however for frustrating him into resigning or even trying to use any of the other reasons in the constitution against him as method to get him to quit or drive him to the point where his health actually hinders his ability to perform ( now that sounds cold but I think the fact that he is holding the country hostage is colder). That is why His performance, so many vacations etc could be brought up as reasons for his removal -- we have good lawyers who could make sure to drag it for as long as he wants and cause him to fold in the end. Either that or we

a) accept that we are AT THE MERCY of this man

b) Likely to see him come in for a second term with the same

c) Probably never get another chance to do this

I was not discussing his Health as real reason, and I think we moved away from the @Poster's message a long time ago.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Dec 03, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Incompetence + Permanent infirmity = Good excuse for president to resign.

It is sheer wickedness to ask the man to continue in the position. The man has been to Saudi Arabia for treatment 4 times in 3 months, the man has missed important international events including a special audience with Obama. In fact make I leave that side. Since you say the sickness nah temporary tell us when e dey return.

Be REAL. What evidence do we have to SHOW that this man

(2) Where the medical panel certifies in the report that in its opinion the President or Vice-President [size=13pt]is suffering from such infirmity of body or mind as renders him permanently incapable of discharging the functions of his office[/size], a notice thereof signed by the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives shall be published in the Official Gazette of the Government of the Federation.

?
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by tarano: 7:59pm On Dec 03, 2009
Nigeria must sweet again, even Wole Soyinka sing  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a73wSaXE3VM
Tunji Oyelana & His Benders - I Love My Country / Chairman
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by SapeleGuy: 8:01pm On Dec 03, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Be REAL. What evidence do we have to SHOW that this man

I'm trying to be real and understand your post.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On Dec 03, 2009
Be REAL. What evidence do we have to SHOW that this man is suffering from such infirmity of body or mind as renders him permanently incapable of discharging the functions of his office?

Is the better
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by SapeleGuy: 8:05pm On Dec 03, 2009
^^^ where is he and what is he doing there?

Do you want to kill him first before you are satisfied with the evidence?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-361162.0.html
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 8:12pm On Dec 03, 2009
SapeleGuy:

^^^ where is he and what is he doing there?

Do you want to kill him first before you are satisfied with the evidence?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-361162.0.html

Sigh!!! That DOES NOT answer the question at all  . . . .  let's leave the bobbing and weaving to cardio class today, shall we? The question asked is straightforward.

Kobojunkie:

What evidence do we have to SHOW that this man is suffering from such infirmity of body or mind as renders him permanently incapable of discharging the functions of his office?

Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by SapeleGuy: 8:16pm On Dec 03, 2009
Stop sighing and tell us where he is and what he is doing there.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by tarano: 8:17pm On Dec 03, 2009
I Love my Country not Yaradua so yarasick go home.

even Wole Soyinka talk am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a73wSaXE3VM
Tunji Oyelana & His Benders - I Love My Country / Chairman
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 8:19pm On Dec 03, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Stop sighing and tell us where he is and what he is doing there.

Please answer the question.

Kobojunkie:

What evidence do we have to SHOW that this man is suffering from such infirmity of body or mind as renders him permanently incapable of discharging the functions of his office?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Aregbesola At The launch Of Ofada Osun Rice (Photos) / Senator Sha’aba Lafiagi's House Burnt In Kwara Ahead Of LG Election (Photos) / Reno Omokri Meets With Peter Obi And Senator Ben Bruce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.