Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 - Business (2346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 (4458636 Views)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 14 / Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 13 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2343) (2344) (2345) (2346) (2347) (2348) (2349) ... (4897) (Go Down)

Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by Impenia: 5:26pm On Jul 28, 2017
adisabarber:
So you actually believe that if someone plays Over and Under 2.5 on same game with different accounts you will not lose money? Odds are calculated in a way that if 2 people support different sides in a 2 way bet the bookie will still make money. Someone playing Over 2.5 with one account and playing Under 2.5 with another account will gradually lose all his / her money. I do not know who is right or wrong but I believe we do not know the whole truth.

The Matched-Betting issue wasn't the only thing addressed by @akinalabi. Just reading through that earlier (quoted) comment, it seems the bookie has made sufficient effort to come clean regarding refunds of the deposit.
---
However, I think the issue of Matched-Betting he raised is pure gibberish. With the way odds are priced (very high overround), it is practically impossible to make a profit doing Matched-Betting (even with the 5% bonus). Most times, the overround is higher than 10%.
Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by somadila: 5:28pm On Jul 28, 2017
tojahh:

Yes you're right but what about the Agent commission of 5%? You fund 500k and you get 25k on commission and you fund another account 500k and get 25k on commission then use both account to play UNDER and OVER yes one will loss and one will win and you add your 50k you got on bonuses to it my brother its a WIN WIN for you the punter.

This is business I tell you.
I like practical, theory has never been useful sir. Can u use one match and do this calculations let's see how u will profit/loss after the match. Thank u
Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 28, 2017
adisabarber:
Nairabet was too quick to take the decision and I believe it was a mistake to have returned the money to the agent. Will a bank ever give money back to a depositor after crediting a 3rd party? NO. They should have held the money and then inform the client that this is what the problem is. He will then provide an account for them to send money to.

Thank you, this is the same thing I m saying!
I am just imagining if I were in that customer shoe.
Leave it, whether the agent, the customer and brother are the same person. Just do things the way it suppose to be done and avoid trouble.
For Mr nairabet should apologize. This is stressful!
Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 28, 2017
See how some peeps are defending the wrong decision taken by alabi. Yea, he did the right thing by returning the money, but he sent it to the wrong person!

1 Like

Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by bomasek(m): 5:40pm On Jul 28, 2017
The guy said he opened an account with Nairabet,how come una dey mix up the issues with opening account through an agent. Abi I no read am well
Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by Impenia: 5:41pm On Jul 28, 2017
tojahh:
Yes you're right but what about the Agent commission of 5%? You fund 500k and you get 25k on commission and you fund another account 500k and get 25k on commission then use both account to play UNDER and OVER yes one will loss and one will win and you add your 50k you got on bonuses to it my brother its a WIN WIN for you the punter.

This is business I tell you.
Sounds profitable in theory, but in practice, it's a complete waste of time.
---
I just took a random match pick for over/under 2.5 market (attached). Just taking a look a those odds, if you've ever attempted arbitrage, you'll know immediately that you can't win even a 5% commission. That is how most odds are priced, which makes it ridiculously difficult for a punter to profit from arbitrage. You'd need a sophisticated software to search arbitrage opportunities for you. Even in such cases, you can't have opportunities only in one market (over/under 2.5) as is claimed here by the bookie.

Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by tojahh(m): 5:44pm On Jul 28, 2017
somadila:

I like practical, theory has never been useful sir. Can u use one match and do this calculations let's see how u will profit/loss after the match. Thank u

No sir, I wouldn't be doing this with you, am so sorry I dabble into it. Get clarifications from Mr. Akin Alabi and the Agent that's where I stand.

Channel this energy to asking the key players in the whole deal some questions. Someone cannot owe 400k and still have mouth like this when the person is not dead. Anyway to each one his own. I respect your decision bro.
Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by tojahh(m): 5:47pm On Jul 28, 2017
Impenia:
Sounds profitable in theory, but in practice, it's a complete waste of time.
---
I just took a random match pick for over/under 2.5 market (attached). Just taking a look a those odds, if you've ever attempted arbitrage, you'll know immediately that you can't win even a 5% commission. That is how most odds are priced, which makes ridiculously difficult for a punter to profit from arbitrage. You'd need a sophisticated software to search arbitrage opportunities for you. Even in such cases, you can't have opportunities only in one market (over/uunde 2.5) as is claimed here by the bookie.

You're right sir, it takes a lot of resources and energy to get arbitrage but when you get it, it would be worth it. Not seen in everyday market.
Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by akraym(m): 6:04pm On Jul 28, 2017
somadila:

He is not an agent sir, he is am online customer. How do u mean by arbitrage? Does it exists?? Besides, no deposit has been returned in this case as u claim, can I see the proof of the transfer cos the agent that funds him is no longer opening shop for some time ]
apologies in advance for delving into this issue. But it seems you guys are missing that particular line. Don't y'all think the agent might have eloped with the cash after nairabet refunded him.

1 Like

Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by Bossjosh: 6:08pm On Jul 28, 2017
PERMIT ME TO DIGRESS A LITTLE

Good day everyone.

I am still cracking my head as to which to settle for between TRANSPORT BUSINESS (A BUS) AND SPORTS BETTING SHOP

I need assistance from this great forum. Drop your comments on which one can venture into and why that choice is better than the other.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by magnificent5: 6:16pm On Jul 28, 2017
BOTTOMLINE: ALL THIS BOOKMAKERS only expect us to be LOSING, and when punters start WINNING, they start Looking for worthless excuses especially when it comes to PayOut. see eh, all this many years I ve been losing and my eye they red, but I be been patient and persistent, the DAY I go win BIG, I no won Hear any Nonsense Excuse from this boomakers o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by morganist99(m): 6:19pm On Jul 28, 2017
akraym:
apologies in advance for delving into this issue. But it seems you guys are missing that particular line. Don't y'all think the agent might have eloped with the cash after nairabet refunded him.
I tire Alabi said the agent is a female...lol
Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by itzdimo(m): 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2017
What if I added u to a group where u can be assured of getting 2 odds daily? What if u stopped losing on punting and started winning? Everybody loves to win! Chat me up on 08057376558. I tried pasting the group link here but it just wouldn't go. So, chat me up on the number and let's start winning... IT'S FREE!
Chat me up on 08057376558.
Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 28, 2017
bomasek:
The guy said he opened an account with Nairabet,how come una dey mix up the issues with opening account through an agent. Abi I no read am well
Na waiting dey tire me that o
Even thought the acclaimed person opens an account with the agent. You are suppose to pay into the customer account and not the agent acct. Pls peep stop defending alabi. He did the wrong thing by sending the money to the agent instead of the online customer.
Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by Viking007(m): 6:40pm On Jul 28, 2017
akinalabi:

Calm down.

If you know what we see behind the scene, you will understand why these stern decisions are made.

Do you know this is the 3rd time we are banning this agent? She finds a way to use another details to register. We found out that she was the same person when we traced her method of payment.

The same agent funds just about 3 customers who then plays only a particular kind of bet.

An agent that has been banned 3 times and still paying N25k to register to become an agent with me. You think that agent loves me so much or the agent is on a mission? With some much competition, out there, she will be vexing to go to other bookies as I ban her.

As for the overrounds you mentioned. If the overround is less than 105% then fraud is automatic with 5% agent commission. Remember also that the second leg does have to be at NairaBET. It could be elsewhere. . . Arbitrage don start be that which we frown upon.

Forget the calculations sef. There are patterns that when sighted, actions have to be taken.

I don't think anyone has qualms about this really as money has been returned. It's not like those accounts have won or something. We discovered early and returned monies. Fair enough in my opinion.

A lot of Nigerians cannot survive on foreign bookmakers because those ones are very strict on these things.

Over the years, I've heard people here say forget Naija bookies, I'm going to foreign bookies. Most of them return silently when the foreign ones start giving them headaches.

Anyway, I believe all those affected are cool. If they are not, I'm ready to listen to them even more so I can do what will make you them happy.

That is what I like to do. . . Making my people happy.
@Impenia, arbitrage is not 1+1=2. Lol You need to have Your own cabal to run it.

1 Like

Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by Impenia: 6:46pm On Jul 28, 2017
Viking007:
@Impenia, arbitrage is not 1+1=2. Lol You need to have Your own cabal to run it.
Fair enough...I don't even want to bother with the dynamics of arbitrage or Matched-Betting here.
---
Was Nairabet losing? Matched-Betting or Arbitrage requires 2 legs, and the Nairabet leg could be the losing one (which means profit for Nairabet). So, they expect us all to perpetually loose with them? And if you try to find a way to make a small profit, they limit or ban your account?
---
Foreign bookies give ACCA insurance and they are fully aware that punters use the free bet to Match-Bet, yet they don't display such draconian acts.

1 Like

Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by fxdrizzle(m): 6:48pm On Jul 28, 2017
i hope I'm not the only one chopping the goals market in Russia and Ukraine youth leagues
Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by Jokerman(m): 6:51pm On Jul 28, 2017
Make una help me beg west ham to score o... wat rubbish is this angry angry angry
Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by Viking007(m): 6:55pm On Jul 28, 2017
Impenia:
Fair enough...I don't even want to bother with the dynamics of arbitrage or Matched-Betting here.
---
Was Nairabet losing? So, they expect us all to perpetually loose with them? And if you try to find a way to make a small profit, they limit or ban your account?
---
Foreign bookies give ACCA insurance and they are fully aware that punters use the free bet to Match-Bet, yet they don't display such draconian acts.
Its a simple case. The company already stated her terms & conditions, You go against it, she takes punitive measures & her decision is final. If You want to make profit, make it legally & within the bookie's terms & conditions.

3 Likes

Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by Krak(m): 6:59pm On Jul 28, 2017
akraym:

I just wonder o.
Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by iamnlia(m): 7:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
Liefering 0 1 Wattens
Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by kayzat: 7:04pm On Jul 28, 2017
akraym:

I am not in support of the path taken by Mr akinalabi o but if the truth should be said somadilia or what's his name is still hiding something from this whole thing. He claimed the agent is yet to get refund from nairabet in one of his comments here n now from the text you quoted he claimed the agent has not been available for some times.

How did he know and sure that nairabet is yet to refund the agent if the agents has been truthfully unavailable for some times.

Truthfully nairabet should've refund the said money back to him instead of the agent ( either they are one and same person or not) but he can still track the agent and get him/her arrested and he can easily use Alabi's comments here against the agent or go to the Nairabet's office to sort the issue.
Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by bomasek(m): 7:07pm On Jul 28, 2017
fxdrizzle:
i hope I'm not the only one chopping the goals market in Russia and Ukraine youth leagues
Drop codes
Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by cyberhike(m): 7:08pm On Jul 28, 2017
uniogid:
mmm is the only platform that gives you 100% assurance on 30%of any of your investment e.g:-pledge 100,000 and get a total of 130,000 within 30days for registration and to join our WhatsApp group,chat me up on WhatsApp with 08169236933 and to know more about the community add me on WhatsApp. mmm is sweet together we change the world.join mmm today and you will never regret you did and see too many testimony of participants with evidence.

bro I prefer to stake that money on 1.30 odd and make the gain under 2 hours... and both are very risky
Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by sammyobi584: 7:08pm On Jul 28, 2017
fxdrizzle:
.abeg oga mii, remember your boy if the game enter o
Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by kayzat: 7:13pm On Jul 28, 2017
Bossjosh:
PERMIT ME TO DIGRESS A LITTLE

Good day everyone.

I am still cracking my head as to which to settle for between TRANSPORT BUSINESS (A BUS) AND SPORTS BETTING SHOP

I need assistance from this great forum. Drop your comments on which one can venture into and why that choice is better than the other.

Thanks in anticipation.

Are you going to run the transport business yourself or you hire a driver ? if you can run the business yourself no problem but if you will have to hire a driver then wahala dey Sir. And besides the risk involve in transport business is greater than opening a betting shop.

You can easily monitor the activities going on in your betting franchise account from your bed once you did your home work very well n money go dey enter your account well.
Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by Impenia: 7:14pm On Jul 28, 2017
Viking007:
Its a simple case. The company already stated her terms & conditions, You go against it, she takes punitive measures & her decision is final. If You want to make profit, make it legally & within the bookie's terms & conditions.
Is it stated in the T&C of the book that one cannot play only one type of bets? Or are they (rightly or wrongly) assuming that just because I play only one type of bet, then that implies that I am doing Arbitrage betting?
---
What do you term ILLEGAL, by the way?
Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by Jokerman(m): 7:17pm On Jul 28, 2017
iamnlia:
Liefering 0 1 Wattens
i tire broda
Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 28, 2017
qualityGod:
#EBChallenge
BetSlip with No.128585
QualityGod

Hammarby IF vs IF Elfsborg2017-07-24 18:00:00
Over / Under : Over 1.5 1.13 Placed

FC Liefering vs WSG Wattens2017-07-28 17:30:00
Over / Under : Over 2.5 1.44 Placed

TSV Hartberg vs Floridsdorfer AC2017-07-28 17:30:00
Over / Under : Over 1.5 1.22 Placed

Wacker Innsbruck vs KSV 19192017-07-28 17:30:00
Over / Under : Over 1.5 1.18 Placed

Trelleborgs FF vs IFK Varnamo2017-07-29 15:00:00
Over / Under : Over 2.5 1.61 Placed

IF Elfsborg vs IK Sirius FK2017-07-29 15:00:00
Over / Under : Over 1.5 1.15 Placed

RB Salzburg vs LASK Linz2017-07-29 15:00:00
Over / Under : Over 2.5 1.57 Placed

GIF Sundsvall vs Malmo FF2017-07-29 17:00:00
Double Chance : X2 1.08 Placed

SKN St. Polten vs SK Rapid Vienna2017-07-29 17:30:00
Over / Under : Over 1.5 1.26 Placed

SV Mattersburg vs Wolfsberger AC2017-07-29 17:30:00
Over / Under : Over 1.5 1.29 Placed

IFK Gothenburg vs IFK Norrkoping2017-07-30 14:00:00
Over / Under : Over 1.5 1.20 Placed

FK Austria Vienna vs SK Sturm Graz2017-07-30 15:30:00
Over / Under : Over 2.5 1.80 Placed

IF Brommapojkarna vs IK Frej2017-07-29 15:00:00
Over / Under : Over 2.5 1.47 Placed

Falkenbergs FF vs Varbergs BoIS2017-07-30 18:00:00
Over / Under : Over 2.5 1.70 Placed

Stjarnan Gardabae vs IBV VESTMANNAEYJAR2017-07-27 18:30:00
Over / Under : Over 1.5 1.09 Placed

KR Reykjavik vs Fjolnir Reykjavik2017-07-27 20:15:00
Over / Under : Over 1.5 1.10 Placed

77+ odds

Akraym, troot.
casted and casterated tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by iamnlia(m): 7:19pm On Jul 28, 2017
Jokerman:

i tire broda

I've given up on the match.

1 Like

Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 28, 2017
estonian villagers hahahah
Re: Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 by Xforce: 7:20pm On Jul 28, 2017
Xforce:

BULGARIA FIRST LEAGUE
16:15
Cherno More Varna - FC Dunav Ruse
X2 @ 1.74
AWEH @ 2.54
LOST

(1) (2) (3) ... (2343) (2344) (2345) (2346) (2347) (2348) (2349) ... (4897)

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.