Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. (2818 Views)

Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / I Prophesied About My Brother In The Army & It Came To Pass;Resigned Priest. PIC / Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by daremiarchs(m): 7:05pm On Jan 21, 2017
There's this lady I've had eyes on since secondary school days. I only made my intentions known to her some months ago which I thought was a waste of time but to my greatest amazement she agreed to be mine.
Things were going on fine between us until today, when I gathered my courage to tell her about my disbelief in religion, and since then she refused picking my calls and I'm very afraid I might lose her cry

I'm in pain and I need serious help from you guys, Seun, pidgin2, frank317 and host of others, what do you think I should do?

2 Likes

Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by thesicilian: 7:19pm On Jan 21, 2017
daremiarchs:
There's this lady I've eyes on since secondary school days. I only made my intentions known to her some months ago which I thought was a waste of time but to my greatest amazement she agreed to be mine.
Things were going on fine between us until today, when I gathered my courage to tell her about my disbelief in religion, and since then she refused picking my calls and I'm very afraid I might lose her cry

I'm in pain and I need serious help from you guys, Seun, pidgin2, frank317 and host of others, what do you think I should do?
You say you need help from theists and yet you're calling Seun, the chief atheist on nairaland.
Well, on behalf of the girl, let me inform you that our Bible prohibits us from being unequally yoked with unbelievers.

7 Likes

Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by daremiarchs(m): 7:23pm On Jan 21, 2017
thesicilian:

You say you need help from theists and yet you're calling Seun, the chief atheist on nairaland.
Well, on behalf of the girl, let me inform you that our Bible prohibits us from being unequally yoked with unbelievers.
I'm not asking for comments from dudes like you, sorry for the mistake I made earlier
Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 21, 2017
daremiarchs:
There's this lady I've eyes on since secondary school days. I only made my intentions known to her some months ago which I thought was a waste of time but to my greatest amazement she agreed to be mine.

Why are you an atheist, what is in it for you? Nothing whatsoever, there is no gain in being an atheist

4 Likes

Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by frank317: 7:37pm On Jan 21, 2017
To me, ur relationship is ur relationship and ur belief is ur belief... I have learnt over the years not to allow them cross lines.

Relationship is all about sacrifice, while belief is all about being foolish... I don't let foolish things destroy what I have sacrificed for...

I am currently dating a Catholic Christian even after I lost a Catholic sweetheart to death... We will hit the alter by august... Did u hear me say alter?

Yes u did... If u give in ur best in a relationship, trust me, belief will be a very trivial thing... U must be wise about it.

I start by understanding how deeply religious she is, then I make her help my doubt in religion just to play along, I don't come on strong, but I ensure I am loving. Its a whole lot of mind game. By the time she knows I am an atheist, she cannot do without me, but I will allow her to enjoy her theism.

If u love her, tell her u are willing to work out ur belief, since u have made the mistake of telling her earlier about ur belief. Follow her to church, pretend, it's just belief, u are not hurting her by pretending to belief, infact u are making her happy and also making urself happy. Concentrate on making her love for a whole other reasons and at the end of the day, make belief a secondary issue in ur relationship.

If u try ur best it does not work... Move on. There are many fishes in the river.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by frank317: 7:39pm On Jan 21, 2017
Pidgin2:

Why are you an atheist, what is in it for you? Nothing whatsoever, there is no gain in being an atheist

There is no gain in believing anything (religious wise) but do u ACCEPT there is gain in being smart...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 21, 2017
frank317:

There is no gain in believing anything (religious wise) but do u ACCEPT there is gain in being smart...

Not when you end up only as decayed matter after all your display of smartness, what's the point of being smart when you only get to use it in this short life? The only thing that makes sense to me us eternity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by daremiarchs(m): 7:45pm On Jan 21, 2017
Pidgin2:

What good has religion done for you?
In what area and aspect of your life has it done a positive work?

2 Likes

Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 21, 2017
daremiarchs:

I am a better person because I know God.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by daremiarchs(m): 7:48pm On Jan 21, 2017
frank317:
To me, ur relationship is ur relationship and ur belief is ur belief... I have learnt over the years not to allow them cross lines.

Relationship is all about sacrifice, while belief is all about being foolish... I don't let foolish things destroy what I have sacrificed for...

I am currently dating a Catholic Christian even after I lost a Catholic sweetheart to death... We will hit the alter by august... Did u hear me say alter?

Yes u did... If u give in ur best in a relationship, trust me, belief will be a very trivial thing... U must be wise about it.

I start by understanding how deeply religious she is, then I make her help my doubt in religion just to play along, I don't come on strong, but I ensure I am loving. Its a whole lot of mind game. By the time she knows I am an atheist, she cannot do without me, but I will allow her to enjoy her theism.

If u love her, tell her u are willing to work out ur belief, since u have made the mistake of telling her earlier about ur belief. Follow her to church, pretend, it's just belief, u are not hurting her by pretending to belief, infact u are making her happy and also making urself happy. Concentrate on making her love for a whole other reasons and at the end of the day, make belief a secondary issue in ur relationship.

If u try ur best it does not work... Move on. There are many fishes in the river.

Hmm, this is wonderful.
I hope it does work, because I'm not ready to lose her at all.
Thanks a lot sir

1 Like

Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by daremiarchs(m): 7:49pm On Jan 21, 2017
Pidgin2:

I am a better person because I know God.
Bro, sorry let's take this to another thread.
Not here please
Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by Tonyosas101(m): 7:56pm On Jan 21, 2017
frank317:

#FACTS,
Me and my Hai-Hai (bae) never get bored after I told her "I'm no believer",,, she's more logical since I gave her reasons why I renounced

@OP, whenever you get to talk to her, try to ask her to give you reasons why you should become a Christian and promise her you will become ONE if her reasons is worth it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by Ranchhoddas: 7:58pm On Jan 21, 2017
Why did you tell her?
Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by daremiarchs(m): 8:07pm On Jan 21, 2017
I did because she pestered me,
Ranchhoddas:
Why did you tell her?
Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by menxer: 8:09pm On Jan 21, 2017
frank317:

A very apt advice.
I have been doing that to an extent...
Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by menxer: 8:15pm On Jan 21, 2017
Tonyosas101:

@OP, whenever you get to talk to her, try to ask her to give you reasons why you should become a Christian and promise her you will become ONE if her reasons is worth it

I have come to understand it takes a lot of study, logical reasoning, and correlation to undo your childhood belief/programming.

Asking her for reasons when most girls are not into logical reasoning of "my pastor said" is asking for trouble.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by thesicilian: 8:47pm On Jan 21, 2017
daremiarchs:

I'm not asking for comments from dudes like you, sorry for the mistake I made earlier
Apologies accepted. But your spelling is still wrong. FYI it is spelt ATHEISTS. Just learn to pick up the dictionary whenever you're unsure of any word instead of this grammatical stumbling-in-the-dark.
Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by Ranchhoddas: 8:52pm On Jan 21, 2017
daremiarchs:
I did because she pestered me,
Damn!

1 Like

Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by daremiarchs(m): 9:03pm On Jan 21, 2017
thesicilian:

Apologies accepted. But your spelling is still wrong. FYI it is spelt ATHEISTS. Just learn to pick up the dictionary whenever you're unsure of any word instead of this grammatical stumbling-in-the-dark.
What the hell is your problem?
Continue checking for mistakes like you've never made on yourself
Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by Karlovich: 9:07pm On Jan 21, 2017
ask her what her belief in gods have done for her
Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by daremiarchs(m): 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2017
Karlovich:
ask her what her belief in gods have done for her
cheesy it's easier said than done bro
Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by Karlovich: 9:15pm On Jan 21, 2017
daremiarchs:

cheesy it's easier said than done bro
I thought u said u loved her, its something u have to explain to her and give her ur reasons for not believing In gods. that's the first step

1 Like

Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by daremiarchs(m): 9:20pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hmmm

Karlovich:
I thought u said u loved her, its something u have to explain to her and give her ur reasons for not believing In gods. that's the first step
Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by akintom(m): 9:27pm On Jan 21, 2017
thesicilian:

Don't go too far, your buy-bull also primitively and savagerily ask you to hate your family, as long as they call the bluff of the nazarene.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by MrMontella(m): 9:29pm On Jan 21, 2017
daremiarchs:
Hmmm
follow frank317's advice if you're really interested in dating her..

2 Likes

Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by Seun(m): 9:59pm On Jan 21, 2017
post=53010756:
There's this lady I've had eyes on since secondary school days. I only made my intentions known to her some months ago which I thought was a waste of time but to my greatest amazement she agreed to be mine.

Why don't you want to lose her? Do you plan to marry her? That would be a bad idea. Deeply religious people and atheists shouldn't marry.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by GoodMuyis(m): 10:17pm On Jan 21, 2017
daremiarchs:

Find a fellow atheist to roll with, she doesnt love you in the first, she only tolerate you because she dont want to remain single.

Now that you show are the poo you are carrying, that she cannot tolerate.

And mind you relationship is not mono feeling, its not about you alone, so let her alone, because she cant be happy with you and that i the error code she is giving you
Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by thesicilian: 10:20pm On Jan 21, 2017
daremiarchs:
What the hell is your problem? Continue checking for mistakes like you've never made on yourself
Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by Omudia11: 10:22pm On Jan 21, 2017
Get yourself an atheist gf and quit asking irrelevant questions. Religion- God, gave you the life you have now.
daremiarchs:

Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by Omudia11: 10:24pm On Jan 21, 2017
Spot on! Cuz light and darkness have nothing in common.
Seun:

Why don't you want to lose her? Do you plan to marry her? That would be a bad idea. Deeply religious people and atheists shouldn't marry.
Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by daremiarchs(m): 10:35pm On Jan 21, 2017
thesicilian:

on to the next one angry maniac

1 Like

Re: Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. by GoodMuyis(m): 10:36pm On Jan 21, 2017
frank317:

You are not being smart but being deceptive, and selfish at same time. In Love affairs, it is not about what YOU want but WE want. at long run what if she cant handle it when both of you got married, she might develop psychological disorders, and murder you so as to correct her mistakes.

You must have being a wicked soul, I just wish........................

Or is Matrimonial life that important to free thinkers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Was Jesus Really Black, New Findings! / Read and Listen To Know if you are true Christain / Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.