Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) (85200 Views)

Onitsha Mall Crowded On Christmas Day Evening (Photos) / Nairalander And Twin Brother Swags At Onitsha Mall- Photos / The Crowd I Saw At The Onitsha Mall - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by Flexherbal(m): 8:12pm On Jan 21, 2017
Just warning you
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by akandry: 8:12pm On Jan 21, 2017
This is freaking unbelievable !! Boycott shoprite
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by mezynaija(m): 8:12pm On Jan 21, 2017
Lol

Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by Burgerlomo: 8:12pm On Jan 21, 2017
It simply means that you're on your own, they're trying to avoid a law suit grin
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by curvilicious: 8:12pm On Jan 21, 2017
Enter at ur own risk and die at ur own risk
I will not near dere
Maybe them dey kill pple for d backyard incase you get missing its at ur own risk

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by Milo30(m): 8:14pm On Jan 21, 2017
This one no be shoprite again o. Na shop left!
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by leobrownish(m): 8:15pm On Jan 21, 2017
f**k dem nd dere shop left, so wah dey re saying is no mata d condition u may b if u try do pim, e no consign dere papa abi even if na buhari waka go dere? thunder dt will strike dem iz still boiling
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by ObeyPaul: 8:15pm On Jan 21, 2017
dubemnaija:

South Africans are very funny people grin
bross hw far
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by pennytrate: 8:15pm On Jan 21, 2017
VastFinder:

Don't you go to school?
♣ • → I dint read it undecided °°
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by Emycord: 8:16pm On Jan 21, 2017
Op did you go to shop at shoprite or you went window-shopping at shoprite
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by shinarlaura(f): 8:17pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by laudate: 8:17pm On Jan 21, 2017
Bugatie:
No need to panic, most companies clearly indicate that "cars are parked at owners risk"

The Shoprite notice does not refer to cars alone, it also refers to people. sad Read the opening paragraph of their signboard again. It states that "All persons entering these premises do so entirely and unconditionally at their own risk." What kind of rawbish is that? shocked It means if you slip and break an ankle on their premises, due to their own negligence or their failure to put in place any safety precautions, you cannot hold them liable. Why do we have Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) regulations in this country??! They can't try these antics in South Africa.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by Kaxmytex(m): 8:18pm On Jan 21, 2017
Lemme interprete...
itz jux a warning 4 d gurls, after buying woteva u wish to buy, dont hang around with ur mouth wey b lyk baby frog and start snaping pishure, jux go ur house, shikena
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by samoagagu: 8:18pm On Jan 21, 2017
I think it is high time we patronized local mall.
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by poyet(m): 8:21pm On Jan 21, 2017
Make I look trouble small: anything wey enter South East dey always get K-leg!
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 21, 2017
WTF! Staggeringly cold and insensitive sad baastards! The frightening psychopathy is glaring. But there's one thing I don't get. How could people see that and still go in there to shop? Were they hypnotised or are they just plain stvpid? That's moro'nic.
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by greatjoey: 8:23pm On Jan 21, 2017
[quote author=Bugatie post=53011854]

No need to panic, most companies clearly indicate that "cars are parked at owners risk"[/quote
This goes beyond cars, dude. Human lives are majorly involved here. But good news is, in law, an information accessed after a contract is entered is insignificant. Thus notice is only accessed when shoppers step into the shop. By opening the shop to would be shoppers, it is an offer by implication. When the shoppers go into the shop, it is an acceptance of the offer. Since the information contained in the notice is an aftermath and do not form part of the conditions for acceptance, it is null and void.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by willibounce1(m): 8:23pm On Jan 21, 2017
This has nothing to do with shop rite, but onitsha mall. People need to understand that shop rite is just a tenant and do not own the mall.

Besides the owners of the mall know how troublesome their people can be, hence the reason for this. No be by force to go the mall o, though the owners no try at all
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by sleazy5(m): 8:24pm On Jan 21, 2017
AfroSisi:
"All vehicles are packed at the risk of the parker."

What kind of English is that

For their mind Dem smart. Ok. The PARKER may not be the owner. And the OWNER may not be the parker. Do the OWNER who is not the parker is also bound by the warning. Very clumsy drafting.

Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by almarthins(m): 8:25pm On Jan 21, 2017
INTROVERT:
Xo

Aaah is like u don't understand the implication of notice.
My God ! What a country!
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by greatjoey: 8:28pm On Jan 21, 2017
In law, an information accessed after a contract is entered is insignificant. This notice is only accessed when shoppers step into the shop. By opening the shop to would be shoppers, it is an offer by implication. When the shoppers go into the shop, it is an acceptance of the offer. Since the information contained in the notice is an aftermath and do not form part of the conditions for acceptance, it is null and void.
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 21, 2017
see them, irresponsible ppl, dey dnt wana be held accountable for anytin that happens in their mall.
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by OBAGADAFFI: 8:29pm On Jan 21, 2017
Bugatie:

No need to panic, most companies clearly indicate that "cars are parked at owners risk"

So if the mall collapse and kill the shoppers, it the fault of the shoppers.

That lawyer must be crazy

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by SmartyPants(m): 8:30pm On Jan 21, 2017
legally speaking this notice has no implications. If something happens as a result of their negligence you can still go ahead and sue them unless they take steps to ensure that you actually read that notice.
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by OlaMiki: 8:34pm On Jan 21, 2017
When Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu , the jagaban of Nigeria brought shoprite to Lagos (first time in Nigeria) lot of flat head ipod mumu and their rogues states gov lack forsight then. Now shoprites has spread out to other states in Nigeria even to their ONITSHA ooo. Yet they will come and insult Jagaban. Yeye pple dem

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by ekeroyal(m): 8:35pm On Jan 21, 2017
Shoprite didn't put the notice, operators of Onitsha mall did. Shoprite don't own properties in Nigeria, they rent/lease.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by DerKaiser: 8:37pm On Jan 21, 2017
OK that is quite pathetic.
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by Dee60: 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2017
SOME OF THE OFFICIALS ARE POSSIBLY CARRYING GUNS AND THEY ARE SAYING....EY.....DONT MESS AROUND WITH ME!
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by Zirah: 8:41pm On Jan 21, 2017
This is not so much shoprite but it's location, Onitsha. What do you expect from an ipod-ridden state?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by bigiyaro(m): 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2017
The writer has witnessed first hand, the greed and wickedness of the Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by Promismike(m): 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2017
ok
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2017
...seem this is the oath politicians in naija swear before they take office

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Petrol Station Attendants Flaunt Buttocks As Marketing Strategy (Photos) / Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) / Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.