Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) (85191 Views)

Onitsha Mall Crowded On Christmas Day Evening (Photos) / Nairalander And Twin Brother Swags At Onitsha Mall- Photos / The Crowd I Saw At The Onitsha Mall - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by Sanchez01: 8:44pm On Jan 21, 2017
Seems like the handiwork of Indians or Chinese undecided
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by uwa244(m): 8:52pm On Jan 21, 2017
We don't have such notice in Warri shoprite cos there are MOPOLs around.
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by undeniableGrace(m): 9:01pm On Jan 21, 2017
Bugatie:

No need to panic, most companies clearly indicate that "cars are parked at owners risk"

It's very clear that a lot of people hardly read or read and don't understand.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by adudu208(m): 9:02pm On Jan 21, 2017
uwa244:
We don't have such notice in Warri shoprite cos there are MOPOLs around.
Actually, there is such a notice at the entrance close to the gate leading to refinery road.
I saw it but didnt pay attention to the words. I know I saw the one about cars but i don't know if it was extended to humans.
I will pay close attention next time I visit to be sure I am not willingly walking into a death-trap.
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by Folksyharry(m): 9:02pm On Jan 21, 2017
Everyone should boycott that mall for this nonsense. They make so much money and still want to run away from basic responsibilities to customers. Arrant nonsense.
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by madridguy(m): 9:03pm On Jan 21, 2017
Noted.
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by FunkyMetahuman: 9:07pm On Jan 21, 2017
AfroSisi:
"All vehicles are packed at the risk of the parker."

What kind of English is that

alaibo engrish grin
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by suco01(m): 9:14pm On Jan 21, 2017
Bugatie:

No need to panic, most companies clearly indicate that "cars are parked at owners risk"

open ur head. car parked @ owner risk how does it correlate to d topic. car nd human are nw d same to u
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 21, 2017
akandry:
This is freaking unbelievable !! Boycott shoprite

What has Shoprite got to do with this?? Does the Mall belong to Shoprite or your state Government
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by Teespice(f): 9:29pm On Jan 21, 2017
it is a way of protecting themselves in the event of a lawsuit brought against them.

it doesn't mean that they won't be liable if it is found that they are culpable by way of gross negligence.

even in banks, you would see the sign "cars parked at owners risk".

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 21, 2017
laudate:

The Shoprite notice does not refer to cars alone, it also refers to people. sad Read the opening paragraph of their signboard again. It states that "All persons entering these premises do so entirely and unconditionally at their own risk." What kind of rawbish is that? shocked It means if you slip and break an ankle on their premises, due to their own negligence or their failure to put in place any safety precautions, you cannot hold them liable. Why do we have Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) regulations in this country??! They can't try these antics in South Africa.

The Mall don't belong to Shoprite, It belongs to your state Government, stop Hating South African companies when your country can't give you quality produce which other people are providing for you.
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by LasGidiOwner: 9:33pm On Jan 21, 2017
Teespice:
it is a way of protecting themselves in the event of a lawsuit brought against them.

it doesn't mean that they won't be liable if it is found that they are culpable by way of gross negligence.

even in banks, you would see the sign "cars parked at owners risk".

Tell the clowns that are busy jumping around the thread in anger. Thanks for saying my mind..
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by Gmekx(m): 9:33pm On Jan 21, 2017
sweettease:
DEATH-TRAP ALERT! shocked

Nice signature
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by danasjoe1: 9:34pm On Jan 21, 2017
soberdrunk:
You cant blame them ooooo!! In this recession, some evil minded Nigerians fit enter there go form falling or fainting just to get "settlement" angry angry
guy i dey suspect say na the style way u dey use be that...
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by laudate: 9:35pm On Jan 21, 2017
eddiebruk:
The Mall don't belong to Shoprite, It belongs to your state Government, stop Hating South African companies when your country can't give you quality produce which other people are providing for you.

What do you mean by my state govt? shocked Did anyone tell you that I come from that state? And kindly stop defending the indefensible here. The mall may be owned by a state govt, but Shoprite can take cover under their bad policies, not so?

A number of South African companies perpetrate wrong actions here, that they cannot carry out in SA. Ask their employees. A number of their white South African managers are racist, and I had cause to call out one for his misbehaviour a few years back. Cure yourself of your slavish neocolonialism, please!! sad The SA companies are not providing those products for free - the Nigerian shoppers are paying for them, and making it possible for the SA companies to make huge profits, and repatriate them back to their own country!!
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by sweettease(f): 9:39pm On Jan 21, 2017
Gmekx:

Nice signature
thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by skillz111(m): 9:40pm On Jan 21, 2017
Sincerely they are just been sincere
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by buffalowings: 9:40pm On Jan 21, 2017
dubemnaija:

I am not talking about cars being parked at owner's risk. Read the place they said about not being held responsible from any damage that might be caused due to their carelessness or negligent .....

This is baffling

So if there is a fire outbreak in there and people got injured ,does that mean they won't be compensated and shop rite not held accountable?

I don't know what to say
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by laudate: 9:42pm On Jan 21, 2017
buffalowings:
This is baffling

So if there is a fire outbreak in there and people got injured ,does that mean they won't be compensated and shop rite not held accountable?

I don't know what to say

Na so we see am, o!! And one mendacious toad is here, defending this disturbing piece of crap!
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by stuffs4me(m): 9:58pm On Jan 21, 2017
These Shopright people are wicked o! Why should they be wishing death on their customers.

Nigerians should boycut all shopright outlets across the nation.
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by knowledgeable: 10:01pm On Jan 21, 2017
Bugatie:

Now,.....you know they are not talking about cars, it seems to me that, they are conscious of general public knowledge of the "harmfulness" of their goods and services.....so they want to pre-empt that public knowledge of the "harmfulness ", of their goods and services by those legally stated warnings. Are their no conscious lawyers in onitsha??.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by OlujobaSamuel: 10:10pm On Jan 21, 2017
sweettease:

That's all you interpreted from the message? shocked
Aside other things, they are trying to tell you if the building should collapse and kill people, they won't be held accountable. Enter at your own risk!
the lawyer that drafted that caveat needs to be derobed, with my little knowledge of law of contract, i know such disclaimer cant stand the test of law, you cant absolve yourself of the consequence of any act that was directly related to your negligence.
maybe lawyers fit help us sha,

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by adebysy: 10:19pm On Jan 21, 2017
No such inscription notice at Shoprite Biggest mall in Ibadan. less i forget check out this trending business in town, click here for details: https:///h4l3j5zs
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by Kaykay(m): 10:39pm On Jan 21, 2017
To me, it is more about the environment in which they operates. The robberies, violence, deceiptions that characterized those areas(compared with other states) might be alarming. So to minmise their losses they came up with those 'caveat...
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by Kaykay(m): 10:41pm On Jan 21, 2017
To me, it is more about the environment in which they operate. The robberies, violence, deceiptions that characterized that area(compared with other states) might be alarming. So to minmise their losses they came up with those 'caveat...
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by DuBLINGreenb(m): 10:48pm On Jan 21, 2017
dubemnaija:

na the people wey go leave far place, pay like 500naira T-Fare to come and buy one bread there. I no too dey visit there.

I shaa will direct them to you for legal advice
Weh done sir

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by Themandator: 10:59pm On Jan 21, 2017
dubemnaija:
I came across this notice at Onitsha shoprite today and I kukuma no understand.

From what I read there, they are saying that should in-case anything happens at that mall, even a collapse (God forbid), they cannot be held liable or subjected to any lawsuit or even pay damages to any one.

Most shoppers there does not know of this clause. They even expressly said that you cant hold them responsible even with any event that maybe caused due to their carelessness or negligent.

And I ask, who then should be held responsible if something bad happens at that place; me,the Government, I guess not?

That notice is not worth the paper it is written on. Sue them and you will hear what the judge and the law thinks of that notice.
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by akigbemaru: 11:00pm On Jan 21, 2017
Death trap
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by Babysho(m): 11:10pm On Jan 21, 2017
dubemnaija:

I am not talking about cars being parked at owner's risk. Read the place they said about not being held responsible from any damage that might be caused due to their carelessness or negligent .....

Some Nigerians do not even understand grass level contracts/stipulations.
Just Imagine! They said they'll not be responsible for the loss incured caused by omission from the owners...!! When they are at fault..
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by kolado(m): 11:15pm On Jan 21, 2017
DuBLINGreenb:
op come and pay me let me give you legal advice,
there is a way around this sh"t
How do you go around it? I am eager to know, mr lawyer
Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by wman(m): 11:16pm On Jan 21, 2017
See ignorance everywhere.

The mall is just a building. Shoprite rented/leased space inside just like the other jobs. People only call the malls Shoprite because that is the major place they go to.

The owner of Palms are most likely Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) by LorDBolton(m): 11:50pm On Jan 21, 2017
dubemnaija:
I came across this notice at Onitsha shoprite today and I kukuma no understand.

From what I read there, they are saying that should in-case anything happens at that mall, even a collapse (God forbid), they cannot be held liable or subjected to any lawsuit or even pay damages to any one.

Most shoppers there does not know of this clause. They even expressly said that you cant hold them responsible even with any event that maybe caused due to their carelessness or negligent.

And I ask, who then should be held responsible if something bad happens at that place; me,the Government, I guess not?

It carries NO LEGAL BACKING... even those signs u see at banks n co. "Cars parked at owners risk " carry no legal backing

They just put it there to 'scare' people out of lawsuits

Is a mall a place where they put up 'no trespassing' sign? Lols

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Petrol Station Attendants Flaunt Buttocks As Marketing Strategy (Photos) / Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) / Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.