Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Nokia Xpress Music - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Xpress Music (1994 Views)

A Downloadable 5130 Xpress Music Firmware / 5800 Xpress Music Downgrading Firmware Procedure / Nokia Xpress Music Vs Sony Walkman Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia Xpress Music by Kennyinusa(m): 12:08pm On Nov 28, 2009
Guys lets discuss issues related to this phone
Re: Nokia Xpress Music by honsule(m): 8:32pm On Nov 28, 2009
the phone pissed me off 2day.i spent hours trying to configure xpress music 5130 for mtn,zain,eti but to no availed.
Re: Nokia Xpress Music by ginky: 10:30pm On Nov 28, 2009
@Honsule
How do you mean? I have the same model (5130) and mine has no problem.
Re: Nokia Xpress Music by hayprof(m): 10:33pm On Nov 28, 2009
lol @sule , na Money matter, abi ?
Re: Nokia Xpress Music by aieromon(m): 11:50pm On Nov 28, 2009
honsule:

the phone pissed me off 2day.i spent hours trying to configure xpress music 5130 for mtn,zain,eti but to no availed.

The new s40 series phones make use of a different type of provisioning file for access of java applications to the internet.
Rename to .prov and use Notepad++ should you need to edit IPs and access points.

Re: Nokia Xpress Music by puskin: 2:01am On Nov 29, 2009
mhmm. . .aiero na king of N.xpress music browsing
Re: Nokia Xpress Music by Genuflect(m): 4:54am On Nov 29, 2009
That Xpress Etisalat file is actually for Zain. Just wanted to notify guys
Re: Nokia Xpress Music by aieromon(m): 8:16am On Nov 29, 2009
@genuflect
The .prov file works for both zainab and etisalat.Eti can work with any access point.if you think am bluffing,try using internet.genuflect.com.ng and see for yourself.
This is simply a 2-in-1 file for peeps switchin' sims on both networks without havin' to go to their settings menu all the time.
Re: Nokia Xpress Music by Genuflect(m): 8:28am On Nov 29, 2009
Aieromon, that's so true. I've noticed it before. Whenever I use shmessenger, I don't change the apn. It's always on Zain's own. Well, thanx for the info anyway
Re: Nokia Xpress Music by nawtybenny(m): 8:48am On Nov 29, 2009
@honsule wadup its bn a while. Go chk ur mail i gues d@ shld settle ur case wif ur new s40. @aieromon wat av u got on d massive download? I gues am intrested in ur secret if u r willing 2share. Jst snd me an e-mail. Am lukn 4wd 2d@. 1LUV @ALL
Re: Nokia Xpress Music by honsule(m): 4:36pm On Nov 29, 2009
aieromon:

The new s40 series phones make use of a different type of provisioning file for access of java applications to the internet.
Rename to .prov and use Notepad++ should you need to edit IPs and access points.

just downloaded it and changed to .prov.But i don't grab the Notepad ++ stuff o.
moreover,i could create an access point for xpress music without using the .prov.But i just 1der why it couldn't browse.But with credit na one touch browsing.i created the ip and Access point using personal config
Re: Nokia Xpress Music by honsule(m): 4:37pm On Nov 29, 2009
nawtybenny:

@honsule wadup its bn a while. Go chk your mail i gues d@ shld settle your case wif your new s40. @aieromon wat av u got on d massive download? I gues am intrested in your secret if u r willing 2share. Jst snd me an e-mail. Am lukn 4wd 2d@. 1LUV @ALL

i saw ur email,but am yet to visit the website u gave me.Thankz
Re: Nokia Xpress Music by dragnet: 5:01pm On Nov 29, 2009
honsule:

just downloaded it and changed to .prov.But i don't grab the Notepad ++ stuff o.
moreover,[s]i could create an access point for xpress music without using the .prov.[/s][/b]But i just 1der why it couldn't browse.
. . It wuld browse with credit cuz u wnt nid ips. . .bt prov files contain ips n port in additn to apn & u knw brows1ng tr1ckz need ip n port. . . .

. .
honsule:

[b][s]i created the ip and Access point using personal config[/s]

. . .wuld only be useful for phone browser . . . .

. . .lol too much interaction with symbian
Re: Nokia Xpress Music by dragnet: 5:04pm On Nov 29, 2009
Note that anytym u change sim on d phone, u hav to re-activate dat prov setting as default.
Re: Nokia Xpress Music by honsule(m): 6:20pm On Nov 29, 2009
@Dragnet.yes o,Too much interaction with symbian.i don't like configuring s40 fones with opera.
Re: Nokia Xpress Music by honsule(m): 6:23pm On Nov 29, 2009
dragnet:

Note that anytym u change sim on d phone, u hav to re-activate dat prov setting as default.

just install the .prov without any manual config,is that what u are saying?At times some s40 fones will tell u that; the .prov is not a recognized format.
Re: Nokia Xpress Music by Genuflect(m): 6:32pm On Nov 29, 2009
Honsule, it will tell you that juveniles it still works
Re: Nokia Xpress Music by honsule(m): 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2009
Genuflect:

Honsule, it will tell you that juveniles it still works

meaning? grin grin grin angry angry angry
Re: Nokia Xpress Music by Kennyinusa(m): 5:39pm On Dec 03, 2009
incase u need any help on how to configure ur xpress music just call me on *** and i would help u out free of cost
Re: Nokia Xpress Music by abswale(m): 12:02am On Dec 05, 2009
Hello guys, sorry to divert a little. I can't browse again on my Nokia 3110c. I noticed the prov files was automatically deleted. All attempt to restore it proves abortive. It will enter but I won't see it again. What do I do?

I can't browse on opera mini but the phone browser will work if there is money on it. Thanks in advance. (I used both zain and mtn)

(1) (Reply)

Dp Has Refused To Change, Help Needed Urgently! / Airtel Promo / Latest MTN Data Bundles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.