Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,694 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Is It Right To Return A Woman's Corpse To Her People After Marriage? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is It Right To Return A Woman's Corpse To Her People After Marriage? (798 Views)

Michael Olabamiji Fakeye's Corpse Made To Stand To Snap With Family In Osun / Corpse Of Igwe Henry Ekwueme, Eze Ndi Igbo In China Packaged; To Be Flown To Nig / 25 Things You Should Know About Calabar And Her People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Return A Woman's Corpse To Her People After Marriage? by PigMeat: 2:45am On Jan 22, 2017
I am asking this question because most tribes in africa are into it, my tribe inclusive. The question is, "is it right to return your wife's corpse back to her family after her death?" Or is it right for the wife's parent to demand for their daughter's corpse from her husband after death?
Re: Is It Right To Return A Woman's Corpse To Her People After Marriage? by braine(m): 2:47am On Jan 22, 2017
Tribes are into it how? Returning of corpses?
Re: Is It Right To Return A Woman's Corpse To Her People After Marriage? by PigMeat: 2:53am On Jan 22, 2017
braine:
Tribes are into it how? Returning of corpses?
In my tribe, custom demands u return their daughter's back to them after her death to be buried in her father's compound. It is believed that u "they only gave out her waiste to you and not her head". That is why they don't charge too much for bride price.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Return A Woman's Corpse To Her People After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:22am On Jan 22, 2017
PigMeat:
I am asking this question because most tribes in africa are into it, my tribe inclusive. The question is, "is it right to return your wife's corpse back to her family after her death?" Or is it right for the wife's parent to demand for their daughter's corpse from her husband after death?
That only happens if you haven't paid bride price.

I had a cousins in law who refused to bury his wife after paying bride price because they had fought and separated. The family decided to go ahead with the burial, but the husband later came running for the body. In his words, he was being haunted because of his decision.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Africans And Churches Disregard Traditional Mariage / Weird? See The Crazy Things Nigerians Do In The Name Of Celebration (photos) / Fun Things About Northern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.