Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,926 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? (27590 Views)

Prophet Kumchacha: Women Who Scream God's Name During Sex Will End Up In Hell / 10 Reasons Why Many People may End Up In Hell. / The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by makydebbie(f): 6:24am On Jan 22, 2017
This issue of women/female pastors is a very delicate one and I want to know something once and for all....

Now I know views may differ but we all know the Bible is our absolute "as Christians."
But again in this same Bible we can find some paradoxical situations/scenarios and please before you get me wrong, by "paradoxical" I specifically refer to:

"A claim that two apparently contradictory ideas are true" or.

"An unanswerable question or difficult puzzle, particularly one which leads to a deeper truth."

I don't deal with the self-contradictory angle of paradox here.... Just wanted to be clear on that.

Now sometimes ago, I visited this church and the pastor that day preached like someone who was spoiling for a fight.... Well maybe because he was talking about women or probably it is because he was just being passionate about his preaching..... Whatever it was, that's not the issue. wink

The issue is what he preached about, "Women pastors and the place of women in the Kingdom of God especially in the church..."

The pastor said that any woman who is found behind the pulpit preaching as an ordained Pastor or preacher is in error and in total disobedience to God's Word and because God hates disobedience, these women will end up in hell.

Boyyy! He went on and on and even gave scriptures which I will drop here soon.

Now my mind started to wander to all the reputable women preachers I know.... From the Karthryn Kuhlmans of the past to the late Bimbo Odukoyas of the recent past and to the Arch-Bishop Margaret Idahosa, and even Pastor Paula White of the present.... Any for the future? (Time will tell) wink

Now, The Holy scriptures in the book of 1Corinthians chapter 14 vs 34 says, "Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak but they are to be submissive to, as the law also says."

Now we know it was the apostle Paul speaking here and he went on to add in verse 35 of same scripture, the following,

"And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for a woman to speak in the church."

In verses 36, 37 and 38, Apostle Paul said strong words which makes me ask.......

But why do we still have Highly anointed women ministers being used by God to wrought miracles globally and take the gospel to many?

Why isn't God limiting their power or influence if they are to keep shut in the church? Or am I missing something?

Okay here is another scripture about this issue:

I Timothy.2v 8-15 says a lot but I will pick the key verses which is verses 11 and 12....

"Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. And I do not permit a woman TO TEACH or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence"

This was Paul writing to Timothy who was pastor of the Ephesian church.

The scriptures above said that women are not allowed to teach.... But then what happened in the case of Kathryn Kuhlman?? She was mightily used of God and taught the bible in ways that influenced many Christians till this day........

Did God make an exception of her here? Or am I still missing something?

We also have seen that in the same Bible that harbors the two key scriptures above, there was a woman named Deborah.... **quite a coincidence is it?** grin

Deborah was judge over all Israel... She was a prophetess and a Judge meaning she was spiritual leader and Also Ruler of Israel in those days. This could also mean that she taught the people God's ways and we know in the new testament that a woman is not to teach or have authority over the man.

Why was Deborah's case different? Even Queen Esther is another example... She was kinda a leader figure to her fellow Jews in her days with Mordecai as her guardian and mentor.

She (Esther) played her role well. So well in fact that Hamann, Israel's enemy was destroyed and Israel saved from annihilation.

The stories of Deborah and Esther can be found in the books of Judges chapters 4 and 5 And Esther chapters 1 to 10.

So back to this day..... I have a question that need an answer or answers.....

In the light of everything said here and said in the Bible and seen in the Bible and in the light of the fact that we have reputable and influential Women ministers who are doing great things or who seem to be doing great things in the world today...

[quote]Can we say that these women pastors (AKA preachers, ministers) are safe?

Or Are Women pastors bound to go to hell because of their "direct disobedience of the scriptures"?
[/quote ]

Or does the "I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh" part of Joel chapter 2 make them safe or exempt them from these?

This is my question......
((((The End)))

Original Writer: Makydebbie

Cc Lalasticlala

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by felixomor: 6:27am On Jan 22, 2017
@ the op, do you want to become a pastor?

There is nothing wrong with it.
Any sincere God-fearing pastor wont go to hell, man or woman.

Shalom

11 Likes

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by AgbenuAnna(f): 6:36am On Jan 22, 2017
No

will any born again woman go to hell

no

7 Likes

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Haphard(m): 6:41am On Jan 22, 2017
In the spiritual realm, there is no gender bro, so far a woman is ready 2work 4God, ion think there is anytin wrong with that.. Not any woman, a woman full of the holy spirit...

9 Likes

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Nutase: 6:42am On Jan 22, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by fromnigeria(m): 6:50am On Jan 22, 2017
There is thetefore no Jews nor Gentile, Circumsized nor Uncircumcized.

6 Likes

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by randomperson: 7:06am On Jan 22, 2017
Op, Deborah and Esther never preached in church. Deborah was a judge while Esther was a queen. The bible was clear when it said that women should be quiet... It was reiterated in other places too, all in the new testament...
The only reason the church and Christians allow women to preach now is because the church is trying to modify it's principles to align with the general ideals of this time and age. When the bible was written, women were not considered equal to men... In fact the bible explicitly says woman was made for man and not man for woman.
This just goes to show that the bible and it's principles are not infallible and not for all times and purposes

67 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by dingbang(m): 7:08am On Jan 22, 2017
To everyone, I have given them gifts...

Op, I have answered your question.

3 Likes

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by barapistis(m): 7:10am On Jan 22, 2017
the scripture becomes very tough to understand when a preacher is too focused on the teachings of paul...what was the message of jesus

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by randomperson: 7:31am On Jan 22, 2017
barapistis:
the scripture becomes very tough to understand when a preacher is too focused on the teachings of paul...what was the message of jesus
Jesus never had any female apostle... The 12 were all men. Even though it was a woman that was with the alabaster box, she still want considered worthy

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Uyi168: 7:42am On Jan 22, 2017
Haphard:
In the spiritual realm, there is no gender bro, so far a woman is ready 2work 4God, ion think there is anytin wrong with that.. Not any woman, a woman full of the holy spirit...
..what do u have to say abt those verses?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by makydebbie(f): 7:55am On Jan 22, 2017
felixomor:
@ the op, do you want to become a pastor?

There is nothing wrong with it.
Any sincere God-fearing pastor wont go to hell, man or woman.

Shalom
No, I'm just curious and wanna be clear on things.
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by joe4real12: 7:57am On Jan 22, 2017
Fvck hell!
What da Fvck is hell? Cheap tool to deceive gullible people.

3 Likes

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 22, 2017
randomperson:

Jesus never had any female apostle... The 12 were all men. Even though it was a woman that was with the alabaster box, she still want considered worthy

No, brother, that was never a case of worth. You need to find Bibles with commentary and read about women apostles

1 Like

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 22, 2017
There's absolutely nothing wrong in receiving the word from a spirit-filled woman. A pastor is a shepherd and women can be

1 Like

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Laveda(f): 8:10am On Jan 22, 2017
What if at the end of all these we find out there's no hell?

Oh well, do what is right, I don't think a woman being a pastor is bad tho..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by makydebbie(f): 8:11am On Jan 22, 2017
joe4real12:
Fvck hell!
What da Fvck is hell? Cheap tool to deceive gullible people.
Okay. Leave gullible people alone. Now that's the way
=====>>>>>

8 Likes

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by MaziOmenuko: 8:14am On Jan 22, 2017
Paul was just a male-supremist who has little or no regard for women. At some point in the Bible, he was advising young unmarried men to be like him and remain single; then asking them to only get married if the konji becomes unbeaeable; what a dofus! So to him, the only reason for marriage is to fvck.

And the way he so wrote against relatnship in the Bible tells who he must be a sadist; no adultery, no funication, if u must kiss it ought to be a holy kiss; dude was just myopic.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Lsofdk(m): 8:14am On Jan 22, 2017
First to answer your question, they're safe and are not bound to go to hell for carrying and spreading the Word of Life, the third sentence in John 3: 16 assures them of that, of which they've stepped beyond believing to making others believe.

You see some female evangelist are also recorded in the new testament, Priscilla wife to Aquila, Phoebe to mention a few, you can't say that these women were mere silent listeners to have earned the commendation of Paul in Romans 16: 1

Paul's intentions in the passages you quoted shouldn't be digested directly. I think there's more to that

Lalasticlala what do you think?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by obiorathesubtle: 8:18am On Jan 22, 2017
Ive stopped trying to understand the Bible.

It doesn't really matter what sex you are, if you're found worthy, you'd make heaven..

Women, as well as men, are God's creation..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by CentaurXXX: 8:25am On Jan 22, 2017
Well now that I think about it... There was no Woman Prophet in the Bible. Hence, What He said in the scriptures is true. No Woman Should be allowed to preach or talk in church.

But now, It's all different. You've got Women Pastors, Prophets. Sure Jesus said "Go ye and preach the gospel..." But we should also remember those that were with him on that day. His disciples, The Men.

Lalasticlala.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 22, 2017
Paul was simply myopic

Sorry to say, but I don't think He was inspired by the Holy Spirit on this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by zzzzy: 8:45am On Jan 22, 2017
No, nothing is wrong with that. I believe we are all to proclaim the Goodnews. It's funny how some churches would encourage women to go for evangelism but not to preach in the church, i then ask myself, what is the church, the building or the people?. By the way, not saying that Paul was a false apostle, i really think he tried to bring in a religious type of Christianity. Setting all those rules and stuff like that. The women's preaching, braided hair, covering of hair and the rest. But Jesus clearly stated that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by zzzzy: 8:47am On Jan 22, 2017
Laveda:
What if at the end of all these we find out there's no hell?

Oh well, do what is right, I don't think a woman being a pastor is bad tho..
you can't find out if there's no hell, you can only find out if there's hell.

5 Likes

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by photoshoot(m): 8:50am On Jan 22, 2017
Flowing with your opinion..

Where is that lalasticlala sef sad
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Brigance(m): 8:50am On Jan 22, 2017
You should understand that the Bible was written by different people with varying background and of course, they were writing from diverse perspectives. Forget those harmonization crap.

As someone said earlier, Paul was a male-supremacist and that is not surprising given his Jewish origin.

Of course, the Pentecostalist have circumvented this explicit doctrine of his by cherry-picking as usual.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 22, 2017
The preaching of God's word isn't limited to any gender. Even Jesus sent his word through Mary Magdalene and the word of God says in Acts 2:17 "i will pour my spirit upon all flesh"

So far its done with all sincerity and with the purpose of serving God,a female preacher/pastor is justified.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Lsofdk(m): 9:30am On Jan 22, 2017
CentaurXXX:
Well now that I think about it... There was no Woman Prophet in the Bible. Hence, What He said in the scriptures is true. No Woman Should be allowed to preach or talk in church.

But now, It's all different. You've got Women Pastors, Prophets. Sure Jesus said "Go ye and preach the gospel..." But we should also remember those that were with him on that day. His disciples, The Men.

Lalasticlala.
Even the OP shares a name with a prophetess, we have Miriam… both in the old testament.

2 Likes

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by McBrooklyn(m): 9:33am On Jan 22, 2017
cc: lalasticlala cool
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by AfonjasMustProsper(m): 9:42am On Jan 22, 2017
Bb

1 Like

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Ngasky(m): 9:43am On Jan 22, 2017
H
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by jmoore(m): 9:44am On Jan 22, 2017
If God doesn't want female to be pastors, then he should not pour his holy spirit upon them.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage / Apostle Suleman: I Almost Died Fasting For 11 Days Without Water Or Food / Ondo Poll Outcome Will Shock Politicians – Primate Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.