Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo (10657 Views)

2019: Saraki Set To Launch Presidential Bid / Igbos Own 70% Of The Industries In Lagos........tanko Yakasi / FG To Launch Buhari Mobile App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by LoveMachine(m): 7:14am On Jan 22, 2017
As part of its plans to ensure food sufficiency in the South-East, the Federal Ministry of Agriculture has concluded plans to site two rice plants, one cassava processing plant and one palm oil plant in Nzerem community, Ehime Mbano Local Government Area of Imo State.

The Transition Committee Chairman of Ehime Mbano LGA, Chike Ojiako, disclosed this on Saturday while addressing journalists on the activities to mark his first anniversary in office.

Ojiako said Governor Rochas Okorocha and the senator representing Imo-North, Benjamin Uwajumogu, were working in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Agriculture to realise the project.

The council boss said the choice of Nzerem community for the project was because of its rich soil, landmass and exploits in agricultural production over the years.

The All Progressives Congress chieftain asserted that the proposed plants would make Imo State the model in agricultural revolution in the zone.

Ojiako said the current exchange rate of naira to the dollar was a blessing in disguise because it would encourage local industries and spur small and medium scale enterprise owners to work harder.

http://punchng.com/fg-launch-rice-cassava-industries-imo/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by krasican(m): 7:32am On Jan 22, 2017
Good move by the FG

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by timilehing(m): 7:36am On Jan 22, 2017
undecided
Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by Wuuworld(m): 7:37am On Jan 22, 2017
Government of the mouth,by the mouth and for the mouth....

TALK na free.

OKWU BU FREE...

15 Likes

Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by chriskosherbal(m): 7:38am On Jan 22, 2017
That's indeed a real welcome development.

1 Like

Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by kings09(m): 7:38am On Jan 22, 2017
Future tense.

9 Likes

Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by onnenka: 7:38am On Jan 22, 2017
Anything concerning this useless government that has the word "to", forget it.

Only Yoruba Muslims take them seriously.

10 Likes

Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by blackpanda: 7:38am On Jan 22, 2017
Biafrans wont like this one bit grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 22, 2017
So the man is still breathing

4 Likes

Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by akandry: 7:43am On Jan 22, 2017
onnenka:
Anything concerning this useless government that has the word "to", forget it.

Only Yoruba Muslims take them seriously.
bigot

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by Lasskeey: 7:43am On Jan 22, 2017
cool
Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by Lasskeey: 7:43am On Jan 22, 2017
Wuuworld:
I hope Osibanjo tell BUHARI before this move...

I don't want to hear dt someone receive a slap over this act....
grin grin
Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by VastFinder: 7:43am On Jan 22, 2017
We hope so.
Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by obyrich(m): 7:44am On Jan 22, 2017
Fake promise. Wake me up when the industries become operational.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by SoNature(m): 7:44am On Jan 22, 2017
Bloody liars! All these Imo State politicians are bloody liars and it pains me to realise that those idiots take Ndi Imo as fools. From Okorocha to the least of them are pathological liars!

3 Likes

Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by Princess4ng(f): 7:45am On Jan 22, 2017
I pray it helps the poor masses rather than exploit them of their labour.... Capitalism in Nigeria
Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by lovat(m): 7:45am On Jan 22, 2017
Another Okorocha propaganda

1 Like

Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by Pavore9: 7:47am On Jan 22, 2017
Until we see am.

1 Like

Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by dingbang(m): 7:47am On Jan 22, 2017
Nonsense...
Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by Horlufemi(m): 7:48am On Jan 22, 2017
This govt is trying hard

2 Likes

Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by SmartMugu: 7:48am On Jan 22, 2017
Yeah, my boys are working.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by SmartMugu: 7:49am On Jan 22, 2017
Yeah, they always claim to be working when we all know it's their pockets first.
Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 22, 2017
Everything about this government is updated lies
Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by airminem(f): 7:53am On Jan 22, 2017
Our Resources
Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by Chigboboss: 7:54am On Jan 22, 2017

4 Likes

Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by omowolewa: 7:56am On Jan 22, 2017
Rice processing is good.

Garri or what?
Anything short of cassava to ethanol doesn't worth FG might but for empowerment program

2 Likes

Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by Caseless: 8:01am On Jan 22, 2017
Why not in ebonyi? Imo get rice ?
Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by Airforce1(m): 8:07am On Jan 22, 2017
I just hope its true because this government matter don tire me
Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 22, 2017
why do you like lying FG
Re: FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo by Horllamideh(m): 8:12am On Jan 22, 2017
See the exact people who couldn't look GEJ in the eye and speak harsh words to his clueless brain after failing to deliver second Niger Bridge in 4 years now foaming in the mouth at PMB led govt that has 2 years more to deliver this project in Imo. I for one thinks it will come to fruition before April. Bunch of pessimists.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Katsina Govt Donates 9 APCs To Aid Fight Against Banditry / NYPF Boss Extolls Queen Elizabeth, Says Her Legacies Will Remain For A Lifetime / Senator Akpabio Drops Bombshell.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.