Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work (2549 Views)

Daughter Surprised Her Mother At Work With A Car, She Cries (Photos) / I Want To Expose My Wife And Her Colleague In A Bank, They Are Having Affair / 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by chy4luv: 8:09am On Jan 22, 2017
Blank
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by sapien(m): 8:20am On Jan 22, 2017
Indians! Those curry eating, disrespectful buffoons!
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by olaniyi0(m): 8:21am On Jan 22, 2017
they want's ur cucumber and they don't know how to tell u yet, so screw their modafucker grin grin grin grin
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by dingbang(m): 8:22am On Jan 22, 2017
God punish any Indian that will try dat rubbish with me.... If I no arrange beat am outside office eh, my name no b dingbang

1 Like

Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by amnesty7: 8:24am On Jan 22, 2017
Simply resign. You should not be living in a hell.
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by brandonobi(m): 8:24am On Jan 22, 2017
u r being too gentle that is y they still have mouth
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by sisisioge: 8:32am On Jan 22, 2017
Since you have lodged a formal complaint to the manager, the next time they bully you just tell them calmly not to address you like that. Plus arrange to entirely separate your work from theirs. That's if your line managers are different.

Those sheetheads are something else...begin to carry face for them like you are ready for a fight. Nonseeese folks!

1 Like

Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 22, 2017
Seems you live in the UK??
Omo you nor be Naija again?? Shine eye for them and their head will correct!?

1 Like

Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by chy4luv: 8:48am On Jan 22, 2017
[quote author=sisisioge post=53022286]Since you have lodged a formal complaint to the manager, the next time they bully you just tell them calmly not to address you like that. Plus arrange to entirely separate your work from theirs. That's if your line managers are different.

That's what I plan to do. I don't know if it would be possible as the other one works 4 days a week out of 6 days. I used to work 30hrs a week but have reduced it to 24hrs recently. Our manager is very understanding. I will see if she could help me with that but I don't know if it will warrant me reducing my hours further so as not to meet them.
Everyone is complaining they tend to be worse when they're on the same shift which happened yesterday. I also want to lodge a complaint for them to be separated or on different shifts if possible. Both of them scrutinies my work all the time trying to find any mistakes. Regularly I see them together gossiping and trying to find faults with my work. When an old member of staff make any mistakes they try to keep it low. I have informed the manager about this and she wasn't happy but I feel like because she is new she doesn't have balls yet.
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by amuijiji: 8:55am On Jan 22, 2017
To choke bottle for person eye dey hungry me..

OP, u re too cool nd they would continue riding on you..
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by soberdrunk(m): 8:57am On Jan 22, 2017
You are complicating issues by reporting and arranging meetings with the boss, the only true way to stop a 'bully' is to 'bully the bully'. As long as you continue playing the victim and letting the bully know you are offended by his or her actions,, the bullying will never stop. Put on your crazy cap and let them know you are from Africa............... angry

14 Likes

Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by lilyheaven: 9:08am On Jan 22, 2017
soberdrunk:
You are complicating issues by reporting and arranging meetings with the boss, the only true way to stop a 'bully' is to 'bully the bully'. As long as you continue playing the victim and letting the bully know you are offended by his or her actions,, the bullying will never stop. Put on your crazy cap and let them know you are from Africa............... angry
You nailed it, don't wait, just send it back to then, as the insult is coming, but Indians can be wicked o, they will look for another way to bring you down. They are naturally witches, only few of them are good

4 Likes

Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by onward4life(m): 9:14am On Jan 22, 2017
sapien:
Indians! Those curry eating, disrespectful buffoons!

I tell yu and they always smell like Crayfish
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by onward4life(m): 9:19am On Jan 22, 2017
amnesty7:
Simply resign. You should not be living in a hell.

Guy tru

But out here no job ooo

And I have been without job since April in abj here

That also tru

1 Like

Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 22, 2017
Have you tried ignoring then it walking out in them or using earpiece when they start their madness?
chy4luv:
She constantly talks down on me and tries to pick mistakes where there is none. This has been going on for a year now since I started work at the place. Six months ago, I had a private discussion about how she treats me differently and how her actions affect me. I also talked to our manager who happens to be also new. She talked to us separately and promised me that she has spoken to her. She tried to be nice to me for few weeks but I noticed that she told her Indian Sister (we have two Indians at work). Since then the bullying has gotten worse as they now joined hands to make my life he'll. I have talked to our manager about my concerns the new development. The situation got worse yesterday as she blamed for another persons job even though the person is a senior and more experienced. I really flared up and challenged her. I plan to talk to our manager on Monday. I feel like we should have one to one meeting Instead of individual meeting. I have talked to other colleagues and they said they behaved towards them like that when they first started. They have all had issues with them and reported them to the old manager. I have actually reduced my hours because of these two people. I love working in that place and wouldn't want to leave because of them.
Please any advice on this issue? This NHS I don't know if there is any support or if the bully has anything to loose. They have been bullying people for a long time and I want this to stop.
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by chy4luv: 12:53pm On Jan 22, 2017
daretodiffer:
Have you tried ignoring then it walking out in them or using earpiece when they start their madness?

Thats what I do to one of them, so she now pushes the other one to ask me. She started the one yesterday because another colleague saw them discussing it first before she called my attention. Ignoring that one is difficult because she is most senior and incharge. It starts by her calling me first and saying can I show you something and it generates from there.
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by chy4luv: 12:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
Osahon7:
Seems you live in the UK??
Omo you nor be Naija again?? Shine eye for them and their head will correct!?

I wish this is happening in naija, I would have ensured they got the beatings of their lives cheesy. But in this country you have to be diplomatic and professional as you may end up being labelled.
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by chy4luv: 1:01pm On Jan 22, 2017
amuijiji:
To choke bottle for person eye dey hungry me..

OP, u re too cool nd they would continue riding on you..

Am not really a quite person. I think she is just using her position to abuse new comers. But having been there for over a year I dont see myself as new anymore rather as a team member which she has failed to include me.
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by chy4luv: 1:06pm On Jan 22, 2017
lilyheaven:

You nailed it, don't wait, just send it back to then, as the insult is coming, but Indians can be wicked o, they will look for another way to bring you down. They are naturally witches, only few of them are good

This is why I always let the manager know, so she knows there's a rift between us. Whichever way they try to bring me down, the manager knows.
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 22, 2017
Wow!

When you want to report them again do it via email so that you have proof. If they refused to change, report to the most senior

You can also change your job. I feel your pain.

chy4luv:

Thats what I do to one of them, so she now pushes the other one to ask me. She started the one yesterday because another colleague saw them discussing it first before she called my attention. Ignoring that one is difficult because she is most senior and incharge. It starts by her calling me first and saying can I show you something and it generates from there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by chy4luv: 1:47pm On Jan 22, 2017
daretodiffer:
Wow!

When you want to report them again do it via email so that you have proof. If they refused to change, report to the most senior

You can also change your job. I feel your pain.

Yes I report via email as well.Changing Job is easy as I have two places asking me to come work for them, but how do i know I will not meet such kind of people. Though people say indians are worse people to work with. I really like my job and workplace due to the flexibility as I have young kids and manager is very understanding with childcare.
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by Nancykay: 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2017
My dear i understand exactly how you feel, i stay in India and i know how devilish some Indian women can be especially to blacks. I once worked with them and they paid everyone in the company for over two months apart from me (note i was the only black there). Indians I know are so scared of the law, (police) trust me as a 9ja babe nah i no carry last, i got my salary back to the last Rupee though i was given a bounce cheque at first. Like you've said already ask for a meeting with your manager and let those bullies be present. Also try as much as possible to say your mind. If they continue ignore them as much as you can and carry out you duties well, just behave as if they don't exist it will hurt them so well because they can be extremely jealous. If they continue and you have a good evidence against them my dear used the law or just form like say you dey call police. my sister I promise you they will comport and give you your maximum respect. Don't forget to thank me later wink wink wink
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 22, 2017
Not all Indians are bad anyway, I have a few of them as friends, jovial and kind hearted. People should stop generalizing. Girl u have to be very stubborn with them, roll ur eyes whenever they are bullying u and pretend u are not listening... sometimes when they talk just say 'blah blah blah.. what did u say again or u can simply ask 'are u talking to me? Be free with yourself and move about happily, it will kill them. When u re not working use headphones and listen to song or play games on ur computer.

5 Likes

Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by dingbang(m): 3:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
worworgirl:
Not all Indians are bad anyway, I have a few of them as friends, jovial and kind hearted. People should stop generalizing. Girl u have to be very stubborn with them, roll ur eyes whenever they are bullying u and pretend u are not listening... sometimes when they talk just say 'blah blah blah.. what did u say again or u can simply ask 'are u talking to me? Be free with yourself and move about happily, it will kill them. When u re not working use headphones and listen to song or play games on ur computer.
undecided seems like an indian never do u strong thing.. How can these dumbfvcks come into our country and be oppressing us.
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
dingbang:
undecided seems like an indian never do u strong thing.. How can these dumbfvcks come into our country and be oppressing us.
I don't pray to meet the bad ones and I hope u meet the good ones someday, coz they can be extremely nice
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by dingbang(m): 3:21pm On Jan 22, 2017
worworgirl:
I don't pray to meet the bad ones and I hope u meet the good ones someday, coz they can be extremely nice
hmm.. Leme just meet one first... Because if I happen to be in authority someday, I will chase all Indians away from Nigeria first
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
dingbang:
hmm.. Leme just meet one first... Because if I happen to be in authority someday, I will chase all Indians away from Nigeria first
The fact Nigeria has bad record in some countries as a result of drugs and other crimes committed by its citizens didn't make these countries send every other Nigerians back home. If U are in authority u can only deal with People that commit crimes
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by dingbang(m): 3:36pm On Jan 22, 2017
worworgirl:
The fact Nigeria has bad record in some countries as a result of drugs and other crimes committed by its citizens didn't make these countries send every other Nigerians back home. If U are in authority u can only deal with Indians that commit crimes
and dat damned Indian has committed a crime and he has to be sent back to his country.. Babe u need to see what these indians are doing to us... Forget abt some of them being nice.. These people are demonic.. Gosh...I just despise dem the way Hitler despised the jews
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 22, 2017
dingbang:
and dat damned Indian has committed a crime and he has to be sent back to his country.. Babe u need to see what these indians are doing to us... Forget abt some of them being nice.. These people are demonic.. Gosh...I just despise dem the way Hitler despised the jews
oga the op is not in Nigeria ok
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by dingbang(m): 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
worworgirl:
oga the op is not in Nigeria ok
her cross then....
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by Richy4(m): 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2017
why are you whining...Tell her that she can drop dead for all you care...Complaining will be like giving her an upper hand....to act superior...

Just follow her to wherever she was having her break/ lunch one day and tell her that you have had it up to here... with her bullshit...that you are not gonna tolerate that anymore...No physical confrontation because Indians don't do that violent things ...verbal, intelligent and constructive insult will do the magic...I wish you knew how to politely dish out an insult...without making it look or sound like it....The type Cameron used on Nigeria when he said we were fantastically corrupt......I might even give u tips on an opening line of insult that sound kinda intelligent if you want cheesy...

3 Likes

Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by eyinjuege: 5:04pm On Jan 22, 2017
Bullying in the workplace is taken very seriously, especially in the UK.
Make an official complaint. Start with writing an e-mail, explaining your grievances, and be polite, straight forward about it. Try not to be too emotional, but also be concise and state how its been affecting your productivity. How you don't like coming to work because of her, and how you've had to reduce your hours because of her. You can also mention you're now been ganged upon by her and her friend. Don't mention their races, unless you genuinely feel they're not just been bullies but also racists.

The email is an official documentation of the concerns you want addressed.

Anytime there's an altercation between you and them, start writing and recording such on a paper, with date and time it occurred. Also put down the witnesses present. Just collextball these notes, for a future date when you need to make another official complaint.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Its well / Another DNA Wahala Trending / Man Who Fell For A Single Mother-of-six After Meeting On A Dating Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.