Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) (7707 Views)

Photos Of Boko Haram Members Who Surrendered To The Nigerian Army Today / Boko Haram Commanders Chatting & Smiling In Court In Abuja (Video) / How Nigerian Soldiers At The Battlefield Communicate With Their Commanders. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by Immarshall: 12:24pm On Jan 22, 2017
In this rare video, we can see how Biafran Commanders Pleaded for amnesty on behalf of the biafran populace which were facing extinction as a result of the war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkqqmRhtKHw

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by tizzdi(m): 12:25pm On Jan 22, 2017
Great ipob grin
Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
Belches...
Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by Immarshall: 12:29pm On Jan 22, 2017
This guy "C. Odumegwu Ojukwu" undoubtedly has so much Charisma and would have definitely been a Great role-model for me; Too bad he tainted his legacy by fleeing to Ivory Coast with his Mercedes Benz cry

7 Likes

Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by nero2face: 12:39pm On Jan 22, 2017
next time there may be no surrender, let us all treat Eech other with care and respect...

2 Likes

Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by nero2face: 12:39pm On Jan 22, 2017
next time there may be no surrender, let us all treat Each other with care and respect...
Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by angeltolly(f): 12:55pm On Jan 22, 2017
All these initial GraGra smiley Na so e go be again tongue

8 Likes

Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by jairusben(m): 1:15pm On Jan 22, 2017
Hmmm..so in the 60s our political leaders spoke English so fluently even better than our current political leaders

2 Likes

Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 22, 2017
History should never be forgotten cry cry cry cry cry cry cry......... IPOB should learn and move on. I respect IPOB but I still would like to advise that they live and move above the spirit of victimization. Just recently, more innocent ones were killed. Please simply accept my advice or let it be..... there's no need for argument or abuse from anyone......

3 Likes

Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by Opakan2: 1:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
See how jittery they were after wasting millions of ibo lives
Heard OBJ and Black scorpion didn't take it easy with them atal.. really sad events

7 Likes

Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by victorvezx(m): 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
Am I the only one that thinks Ojukwu resemble Jay Z when he was Young

1 Like

Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
Hmm...where was Ojukwu in all of these ??
Philip Effiong seems a MORE HONOURABLE man.

3 Likes

Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by stev120(m): 4:18pm On Jan 22, 2017
there is nothing like biafra surrender...if dier is let them show us d documents..dier was only negotiation of d safety of top biafra commanders...as at of 1970 nigeria army can not advance into the igbo heart land meeting fierce biafra defence bcus biafra airport uli was under biafra control..task OBJ he told achuzia dat both nigeria are tired of the war every body came and take deir weapon and gowon declared no victor no vanquish...

1 Like

Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by zendy: 4:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
TrueSenator:
History should never be forgotten cry cry cry cry cry cry cry......... IPOB should learn and move on. I respect IPOB but I still would like to advise that they live and move above the spirit of victimization. Just recently, more innocent ones were killed. Please simply accept my advice or let it be..... there's no need for argument or abuse from anyone......

Oh shut up man. You want people to accept a stupid colonial creation called Nigeria that muders unarmed people just like they did in Portharcourt 2 days ago. Is that what yoy call life? What is the point of your life if you are a slave?

As Ojukwu rightly said in the video, civil war is the price of freedom. Biafrans want to be free. It is not the job of Lord Lugard to come and force us together with Hausas and Yorubas and say we are brothers. It is our right to choose our country and brothers

1 Like

Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by T8ksy(m): 4:58pm On Jan 22, 2017
zendy:

Oh shut up man. You want people to accept a stupid colonial creation called Nigeria that muders unarmed people just like they did in Portharcourt 2 days ago. Is that what yoy call life? What is the point of your life if you are a slave?

As Ojukwu rightly said in the video, civil war is the price of freedom. Biafrans want to be free. It is not the job of Lord Lugard to come and force us together with Hausas and Yorubas and say we are brothers. It is our right to choose our country and brothers

I just knew you will spew rubbish like your role model, Dedenmoron. Biafrans wanted to be free by "liberating" the mid -west region and Yorubas and and in posing their rule over the locals.

Go tell that to those with holes in their nostrils.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by owopokiri: 5:03pm On Jan 22, 2017
angeltolly:
All these initial GraGra smiley Na so e go be again tongue

Minding your business might do you a whole lotta good..
Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by owopokiri: 5:07pm On Jan 22, 2017
T8ksy:

I just knew you will spew rubbish like your role model, Dedenmoron. Biafrans wanted to be free by "liberating" the mid -west region and Yorubas and and in posing their rule over the locals.

As long as the commanding officers that ordered their troops to start attacking Biafra were well domiciled in Lagos, the west was a very legitimate target for Biafra. Westerners didn't revolt against thier presence or actions. You supported them wholeheartedly.. Using the so called "invasion of the west" then as a reason to excuse your active participation in the grand genocide in the east doesnt cut it..., infact as far as learned people are concerned, such regurgitated nonsense amounts to nothing but petty mischief..

3 Likes

Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by zendy: 5:12pm On Jan 22, 2017
T8ksy:

Well, it might interest you to know that Gowon and his Northern goons , aided by you Yorubas, won the war and imposed their rule over Nigeria anyway. The 4 Regions diappeared and was replaced by 12 states, resource control vanished as did fiscal responsibility and full blown unitary rule.

This goes to show that you Yorubas were not interested on who imposed their rule on who as long as it was your Northern masters that did it.

1 Like

Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by Stingman: 5:19pm On Jan 22, 2017
Immarshall:
This guy "C. Odumegwu Ojukwu" undoubtedly has so much Charisma and would have definitely been a Great role-model for me; Too bad he tainted his legacy by fleeing to Ivory Coast with his Mercedes Benz cry

Did he jump through the coward afonja territory, to the west coast to Ivory Coast, or he had a flying Mercedes-Benz...car? Go school, and learn geography, you no go...You de do touting and collecting tolls from unsuspecting people...
Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by T9ksy(m): 5:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
owopokiri:

As long as the commanding officers that ordered their troops to start attacking Biafra were well domiciled in Lagos, the west was a very legitimate target for Biafra. Westerners didn't revolt against thier presence or actions. You supported them wholeheartedly.. Using the so called "invasion of the west" then as a reason to excuse your active participation in the grand genocide in the east doesnt cut it..., infact as far as learned people are concerned, such regurgitated nonsense amounts to nothing but petty mischief..

Everything about you people is physical force without a second thought. Not every problem is resolved with physical force.So how did the yorubas support the northerners slaughtering your people in their enclave, wholeheartedly?

The north killed your people in their region and Ojukwu came looking for them (northerners) in yorubaland. How smart is that. i suppose the mid-west people too support the slaughtering of ibos in the north, unequivocally hence ojukwu over-ran the region? yeye people.

The people killing your folks with unbridled passion were in the north, you did not go up their and avenge their death but chose to invade other regions claiming the locals are in support of the killings. i guess, that's ibo logic?

here is a quote from Awo when he met up with your garrulous chest-beating warlord in enugu before the commencement of the war............

Papa: I do appreciate the points you have made, especially the suggestion the South could take the bull by the horns, convene a meeting of its leaders and work out its salvation. Well, I must say that a number of factors have been overlooked in this regard. I would be quite willing to attend any meeting convened by the leaders of the South in the South, but it must be realized that we in the West are in a very difficult position. All the members of the bodyguard of the Military Governor of the Western Region were Northerners; there were over 36,000 soldiers in the whole of the West, most of whom were Northerners, and all of them carry arms, I led a delegation to Lt. Col. Gowon on the 7th and at that interview I made it clear on behalf of the West that if the soldiers of Northern origin were not removed from the West we would not attend any further meetings of the Ad Hoc Committee. He said he would do something, of course he did not.

We passed our resolution (THAT THE NORTHERN SOLDIERS SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE WEST) and Col. Adebayo did very well and give us certain Yoruba officers with whom to go and deliver the petition to Lt. Col. Gowon. I did give him an ultimatum up to the 15th of May to remove these Northern soldiers from the West. Of course, he agreed to remove them by the 31st of May but the time we returned to Ibadan Northern soldiers had taken up arms and wanted to kill me, to kill Adebayo and all others, Just now Adebayo does not sleep in his house. Somebody told me that he has not been sleeping in his house. I know why they put two policemen with two rifles in front of my house the other day. Of course, I rang up and said I wanted them removed. There were policemen in front of Sardauna's house but they did not save him. The populace, of course, turned against the Northern soldiers. I don't know why Adebayo should issue the release that soldiers should not be taunted.

But this is the way we have been doing our quiet fighting. You are remote from the West; you have advantages which we do not possess. We cannot rush without rushing to our death at the same time. We are not cowards in the West but we have to move cautiously, because if we do not do that you might not have us alive; you would only have monuments all over the place. And I may say in this connection of Southern solidarity -- I am sorry to go into what has happened in the past -- in 1953 there was an understanding between the banned NCNC and the banned Action Group; we entered into an agreement, which I hope we will use sometime, to the effect that if the North remained intransigent we would declare a Southern Dominion. This was signed by myself and Zik and I still stand by it; but we prefer that you should send your delegates to this meeting, so that we should, known to everyone, enter into negotiations among ourselves and present a common front to the North. Then nobody can accuse us of conspiracy or trying to divide the country into two parts. I want you to look at it from our point of view. If there were no Northern soldiers in the West the position would be different. And even if by the time I return home the Northern soldiers have gone I still do not want to be accused of perfidy. The issue at hand is not enough for us to say that we do not like the North. That is a negative approach. I think a positive approach will be for us to meet. Unity will last only if it is based on common understanding among us and the basis will start at this meeting. As I said before, I want you to give me a chance of meeting your people regularly. Let us resolve our differences and get what we want and quickly too.

Like Awo said, we in the west cannot rush without rushing to our death. Was that what Ojukwu hoped for when he sent his Biafran Liberation Front to the west? Has he liberated his own people before attempting to liberate others who did not solicit for his aid? Was that why he liberated (sic) the mid-west region and foisted his own kinsman on the locals?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by math2001: 6:04pm On Jan 22, 2017
What happened was adekunle was trouble . And they appointed obasanjom who was from Biafra to replace adekunle

You can see, Gowon called him obasanjom.
Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by T9ksy(m): 6:04pm On Jan 22, 2017
zendy:

Well, it might interest you to know that Gowon and his Northern goons , aided by you Yorubas, won the war and imposed their rule over Nigeria anyway. The 4 Regions diappeared and was replaced by 12 states, resource control vanished as did fiscal responsibility and full blown unitary rule.

This goes to show that you Yorubas were not interested on who imposed their rule on who as long as it was your Northern masters that did it.

Abeg, STFU jo! we wouldn't be where we are then if zik, mr (fake) nationalist hadn't fell over himself to jump into bed with the northerners. When ironsi , your homeboy got their through the back i must add, he saw no reason dissolving the unholy union rather he and his fellow ibos folks wanted a united nation.

3 Likes

Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by seunmsg(m): 6:47pm On Jan 22, 2017
This video really clarifies lots of lies told by the losing side. Biafrans told us they fought without foreign support but from the video, we now know they got lots of weapons from France and they had lots of foreign marcineries fighting for them.

If they like, they can start another war again. We will defeat them the same way we defeated their fathers.

4 Likes

Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by najoke: 7:08pm On Jan 22, 2017
Kikiki. ...where are the chest beating ipods. ...I thot it is the Afonjas that are cowards grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by najoke: 7:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
zendy:

Mr Biafra. .please show us the rope other tribes use tie una down grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by najoke: 7:16pm On Jan 22, 2017
seunmsg:
This video really clarifies lots of lies told by the losing side. Biafrans told us they fought without foreign support but from the video, we now know they got lots of weapons from France and they had lots of foreign machineries fighting for them.

If they like, they can start another war again. We will defeat them the same way we defeated their fathers.
Gbam. ..now we have evidence. ...we said it that they had help from the french. ........or is the white newscaster now an Afonja grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by QuietHammer(m): 7:27pm On Jan 22, 2017
The osus are avoiding this thread like a plague grin

3 Likes

Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by Tyche(m): 7:39pm On Jan 22, 2017
How I wish those NL keyboard warriors, beating the drums of war, will reflect about this video.

2 Likes

Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by zendy: 8:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
T9ksy:

Abeg, STFU jo! we wouldn't be where we are then if zik, mr (fake) nationalist hadn't fell over himself to jump into bed with the northerners. When ironsi , your homeboy got their through the back i must add, he saw no reason dissolving the unholy union rather he and his fellow ibos folks wanted a united nation.

And where would we have been if Zik hadn't stood by one Nigeria? It is a historical fact that you Yorubas are the only zone that have never stood up to fight militarily for anything in Nigeria. What would you people have done exactly? Is it Oduduwa Republic you people would have declared? who is kidding who? A people who have not an ounce of self determination in them? At the end of the day, you people would have still done what you people do best, towed the line of the Northerners. I don't know how one man called Zik is responsible for the Yoruba nation being part of Nigeria and you people use this as an excuse.
Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by kettykings: 8:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
Opakan2:
See how jittery they were after wasting millions of ibo lives
Heard OBJ and Black scorpion didn't take it easy with them atal.. really sad events

The same OBJ that was given a life jail sentence and bundled with criminals by a person that was a lieutenant when he was a colonel or is it Balck scropion that was given the slap of his life by Hassan katsina and ordered out of the army without gratuity or pension.
history has a way of punishing hypocrites and cowards , watch what happens to OBJ by 2019 if Nigeria remians united.
Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by Opakan2: 8:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
kettykings:

The same OBJ that was given a life jail sentence and bundle with criminals by a person that was a liefteunant when he was a colonol or is it Balck scropion that was given the slap of his life by Hassan katsina and ordered out of the army without gratuity or pension.
history has a way of punishing hypocrites and cowards , watch what happens to OBJ by 2019 if Nigeria remians united.

you people just concoct lies and start feeding yourselves in that region. Even the real events that lead to civil war has been twisted to make you lots feel happy

I'm not in the mood to drag issues, so believe what you want
Re: How Biafran Commanders Surrendered (video) by Adminisher: 9:07pm On Jan 22, 2017
Immarshall:

That is a spoilt brat.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yobe Orders Closure Of School Over Boko Haram Attack / . / Bode George: Restructuring, Not Presidency Will Address Nigeria’s Challenges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.