Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Is Lagos State Overhyped? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Lagos State Overhyped? (4979 Views)

Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? / Remi Tinubu: Is Lagos Ready For A Female Governor? / Lagos@50: Is Lagos Your Success Story? (i) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by OoDVanguard: 7:11pm On Jan 22, 2017
Oxtonguy:
Am used to you guys dumb claim, it doesn't amaze me grin

Ibadan

grin grin Can you imagine the mumu village champion calling ibadan pix 'abroad' cheesy cheesy Bbut i no blame am though, nowhere for that their side fine reach dat. What a local mofo. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Appswheel(m): 7:19pm On Jan 22, 2017
Can we have a truce.... You'd all agree that this post is not intended for ethnic rivalry. Its an opinion about Lagos, I expect comments in support or against the authors view.
Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by iamhorny(m): 7:19pm On Jan 22, 2017
You afonjas always get pained at the mention of no mans land. grin grin once you run out of argument, y begin to post picture of a city the never built, neither do they own any of the high rise buildings they use to brag..lazy pricks....

I enjoy seeing them run mad and display all sorts of emotion at the mention of nomansland...lolz..I am here to run your engines and catch fun

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Oxtonguy: 7:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
OoDVanguard:

grin grin Can you imagine the mumu village champion calling ibadan pix 'abroad' cheesy cheesy Bbut i no blame am though, nowhere for that their side fine reach dat. What a local mofo. cheesy
Since they are used to labeling clusters of residential buildings as development.

5 Likes

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Appswheel(m): 7:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
iamhorny:
You afonjas always get pained at the mention of no mans land. grin grin once you run out of argument, y begin to post picture of a city the never built, neither do they own any of the high rise buildings they use to brag..lazy pricks....

I enjoy seeing them run mad and display all sorts of emotion at the mention of nomansland...lolz..I am here to run your engines and catch fun

Mazi Hot, but this is not what the post is about. I can sue you for "post derailing".

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by devilson(m): 7:23pm On Jan 22, 2017
chai see as my afonja brothers they rape osu slave left nd right.

those fuckkers keep calling Lagos no man land cause it use to be a federal capital but they av forgotten that calabar use to be a federal capital but the osu people will never shout that calabar Nd even Abuja is no man land.

I can't blame them though they wish they are from s.west nd Lagos is there London,with the rapid development in ogun state they will soon call ogun No man's land but they will never call calabar cause s.west (osu london) rocks

proudly afonja

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Twistaray(m): 7:32pm On Jan 22, 2017
devilson:
chai see as my afonja brothers they rape osu slave left nd right.

those fuckkers keep calling Lagos no man land cause it use to be a federal capital but they av forgotten that calabar use to be a federal capital but the osu people will never shout that calabar Nd even Abuja is no man land.

I can't blame them though they wish they are from s.west nd Lagos is there London,with the rapid development in ogun state they will soon call ogun No man's land but they will never call calabar cause s.west (osu london) rocks

proudly afonja

Gbam!

That's just the truth.
But I may consider them if they are willing to bear Yoruba names(i,e, Oluwachidi,chibukola et al),eat amala,ewedu and re-configure their head. Abeg we can't deal with flatheadddddds in SW

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by OoDVanguard: 7:35pm On Jan 22, 2017
iamhorny:

Lmao. See this mumu talking out of his nyansh as usual. Talking about skyscrapers, make i educate your ignorant behind small. The SW is home to more skyscrapers than any other region in West Africa, not just Nigeria. Infact, the first skyscraper in the entire Africa was built not in Lagos but ibadan (Cocoa House) and still stands till today, and was soon followed by the Femi Johnson broking house a little over a decade later in the same ibadan. Till today not one single building in the entire SE comes close to Cocao house in height. Yet you have the nerve to still talk crap about those that are far ahead of you and better than you in every ramification. Like wtf??

4 Likes

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by devilson(m): 7:36pm On Jan 22, 2017
Twistaray:

Gbam!

That's just the truth.
But I may consider them if they are willing to bear Yoruba names(i,e, Oluwachidi,chibukola et al),eat amala,ewedu and re-configure their head. Abeg we can't deal with Igbos in SW

cheesy
word bro,osu people wish there land would develop like Lagos nd ogun.

soon they will call ogun state no man's land

5 Likes

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 22, 2017
Flyoruboy1:
As for the ugohemma or whatever fella talking like an ignorant kid about other tribes fighting Yorubas for governorship, so .. You expect Yorubas all over the region to just fold their arms and watch that happen?? The fcvk outta here. Listen, non-yorubas have been vying for governorship of the state under lesser known parties since the advent of the fourth republic but no one bothers to pay attention to them fro here to there. The igbos especially will never smell Lagos state governorship, not after their latest belligerence towards their Yoruba hosts. No major political party would even make such a suicidal move of picking one of una as a flag-bearer because the yorubas control the party machineries of the two major political parties in the state, so unless yorubas themselves endorse such a person just forget it. If una wan rule Lagos so badly, you can create a state in Bearfra and name it Lagos and rule it from there. Until then, you can only keep dreaming. undecided
i dont know where i will start replying trolls like you that cant think beyond>>>>our governor is a yorouba..... Is just like saying my brother is an owner of a house but am paying tenant to a stranger.. Open your eyes....am not hating yoroubas but you guys should drop we developed Lagos sshhiitt...
Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 22, 2017
iamhorny:

Dont mind them.....Am looking for the fool that would come to Ago and snap pictures of how dem develop lagos.....

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 22, 2017
YoruBanger:
[/b]

You must be living in another country since up till now you are yet to realize that all federal government agencies were moved to Abuja over 25 years ago when Lagos ceased from being the capital.
so, all went to Abuja...
Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by OoDVanguard: 8:11pm On Jan 22, 2017
ugohemma:

so, all went to Abuja...

Guy, you goofed. All federal ministries, cbn, nnpc, federal agencies, etc all moved and are headquatered at Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by devilson(m): 8:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
ugohemma:

i dont know where i will start replying trolls like you that cant think beyond>>>>our governor is a yorouba..... Is just like saying my brother is an owner of a house but am paying tenant to a stranger.. Open your eyes....am not hating yoroubas but you guys should drop we developed Lagos sshhiitt...
u wish,igbo develop Lagos when they can't develop there cursed region.

when u guys get ur Biafra u can change anambra name to Lagos since the word Lagos give u guys orgasm

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
Twistaray:

Looolx cheesy

Why not start by telling us where Yoruba don't dominate in lagos?
You lot are quite delusional, and yes, the last general election exposed you all.
You don't just go about pulling off figures out of the blue,dude. It's doesn't make sense at all.

Mind you, the massive development in Lagos and ogun et al is as a result of SW govs efforts,their ability to attract investors into their region which your state gov have over the years failed to achieve.

Now,ask yourself, if you think I am lying, ' SW govs efforts,their ability to attract investors into their region which your state gov have over the years failed to achieve. ? Well,all thanks to God and amusu land policy.

Lmaoooo cheesy

SW govs efforts,their ability to attract investors into their region which your state gov have over the years failed to achieve.

Attract indeed.. You must tell me the initiative by Lagos governors that Boomed their IGR.

SW govs efforts,their ability to attract investors into their region which your state gov have over the years failed to achieve.
ogun state success is because of its proximity to Lagos state.....
Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
devilson:
u wish,igbo develop Lagos when they can't develop there cursed region.

when u guys get ur Biafra u can change anambra name to Lagos since the word Lagos give u guys orgasm
If Nigeria Breaks tomorrow, most of the companies will need to relocate to where they source the materials from or end up getting taxed on two ends
Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 22, 2017
OoDVanguard:

Guy, you goofed. All federal ministries, cbn, nnpc, federal agencies, etc all moved and are headquatered at Abuja.
So most of the embassies in Lagos state are in Ogun state, or most oil companies that have their headquarter in Lagos moved too. Do u know why most Dangote factories are in Lagos or do you know how much Lagos gain by having exclusive Port for most Nigeria imports.
Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by OoDVanguard: 8:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
ugohemma:

Attract indeed.. You must tell me the initiative by Lagos governors that Boomed their IGR.

Am sorry but you just keep saying a lot of crap. Why not use google to spare yourself the embarrassment. Don't be lazy and google it because so far you are coming across as ignorant. As at 1999, when Tinubu became governor of Lagos, the state annual IGR was a paltry N15-billion naira and the state was practically bankrupt. Read about how he increased it to N60-billion when OBJ withheld allocation to the state. Don't be lazy for once.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/articles-opinions/tinubu-meet-the-pathfinder-for-the-development-of-lagos/

Today Ambode has increased the state IGR to N300-billion annually.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by devilson(m): 8:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
ugohemma:

If Nigeria Breaks tomorrow, most of the companies will need to relocate to where they source the materials from or end up getting taxed on two ends
which can material do we av in ur cursed landlocked region.u wanna say petrol.s east av the lowest crude oil production capacity.u can use Google u guys crude oil no reach 2% that's why u attache with s.south cause of crude oil.
bleeping thirsty cursed region

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by iamhorny(m): 8:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
Afonja no go kill person today....una to funny. I swear down..
Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 22, 2017
OoDVanguard:

Am sorry but you just keep saying a lot of crap. Why not use google to spare yourself the embarrassment. Don't be lazy and google it because so far you are coming across as ignorant. As at 1999, when Tinubu became governor of Lagos, the state annual IGR was a paltry N15-billion naira and the state was practically bankrupt. Read about how he increased it to N60-billion when OBJ withheld allocation to the state. Don't be lazy for once.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/articles-opinions/tinubu-meet-the-pathfinder-for-the-development-of-lagos/

Today Ambode has increased the state IGR to N300-billion annually.
by collecting omonile from bus drivers.
Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
devilson:
which can material do we av in ur cursed landlocked region.u wanna say petrol.s east av the lowest crude oil production capacity.u can use Google u guys crude oil no reach 2% that's why u attache with s.south cause of crude oil.
bleeping thirsty cursed region

So now SE is now a tribe and SS is another tribe.....

Maybe u dont understand what they mean by geopolitical zone
Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by OoDVanguard: 8:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
[sub][/sub]
ugohemma:

So most of the embassies in Lagos state are in Ogun state, or most oil companies that have their headquarter in Lagos moved too. Do u know why most Dangote factories are in Lagos or do you know how much Lagos gain by having exclusive Port for most Nigeria imports.

Why are you people like this?? You were corrected for wrongly claiming that Lagos still hosts Federal agencies, ministries and parastatals, yet you no wan gree admit say you were wrong, when google could have saved you the embarrassment. All the embassies have also moved to Abuja and just a few maintain branches in Lagos while the embassies themselves are based in Abuja -- which is the standard everywhere as embassies are situated in country capitals.

Whether you accept it or not, Lagos of today didn't just happen. No. It experienced deterioration and abandonment after it stopped being capital. It took quality, focused and visionary leadership to resurrect and rejuvinate her.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Lushore1: 8:35pm On Jan 22, 2017
ugohemma:

Did anyone stop your state governor from doing thesame, Imagine from 15 billion naira to 300 billion naira annually.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by devilson(m): 8:35pm On Jan 22, 2017
ugohemma:

So now SE is now a tribe and SS is another tribe.....

Maybe u dont understand what they mean geopolitical zone
spare us with ur attache by force cause of oil.

u lick ijaw,urhobo,ikwere,itsekiri,okirika,edo,ibibo,efik Nd other s.Soutg tribe ass cause of oil nd claim stupid brother hood.

fuckingg thirsty cursed tribe

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Twistaray(m): 8:38pm On Jan 22, 2017
ugohemma:

I no blame, no wonder we were told you flati hardly, infact don't watch,read news. Google is ya friend nah cheesy
Dude, investors don't just fly from overseas to invest into a country. They are attracted through gov initiatives, forum et al.

grin

O I see, ogun state is successful because it's close to Lagos? What's lagos,whats ogun self? Are the not the same after all?
Pray tell me,if as assumed by you it's indeed the truth(which is not) how come ogun State that tapped from Lagos is more industrialized than lagos?
grin grin

Lmoooooo

Funny dude grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by OoDVanguard: 8:38pm On Jan 22, 2017
ugohemma:

Bad belle in full glare. Ehn, if na so, make your own governors too do same naw, abi dem swear for una governors not to like high IGR like Lagos? Make dem too go buy buses and 'collect omonile' from them na. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
devilson:
spare us with ur attache by force cause of oil.

u lick ijaw,urhobo,ikwere,itsekiri,okirika,edo,ibibo,efik Nd other s.Soutg tribe ass cause of oil nd claim stupid brother hood.

fuckingg thirsty cursed tribe
Then what are u saying in essence ,,,,,its SS a tribe and who is forcing their self with ijaws
Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
OoDVanguard:

Bad belle in full glare. Ehn, if na so, make your own governors too do same naw, abi dem swear for una governors not to like high IGR like Lagos? Make dem too go buy buses and 'collect omonile' from them na. Smh.
U should know that there is a tribe in Nigeria that are know as corporate beggers and when i see dem brag about the dividends they got through begging... i do laugh it off
Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 22, 2017
Twistaray:

I no blame, no wonder we were told you flati hardly, infact don't watch,read news. Google is ya friend nah cheesy
Dude, investors don't just fly from overseas to invest into a country. They are attracted through gov initiatives, forum et al.

grin

O I see, ogun state is successful because it's close to Lagos? What's lagos,whats ogun self? Are the not the same after all?
Pray tell me,if as assumed by you it's indeed the truth(which is not) how come ogun State that tapped from Lagos is more industrialized than lagos?
grin grin

Lmoooooo

Funny dude grin

Because they are corporate beggars... they are busy selling their land to get omonile bribes.... when there is no Land they would start lamenting how igbos are land grabbers
Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by devilson(m): 8:51pm On Jan 22, 2017
ugohemma:

Then what are u saying in essence ,,,,,its SS a tribe and who is forcing their self with ijaws
ss is not a tribe but in ur flat head u want other minority tribe to join igbo but this minority tribe cannot exist together as one.u are scared of ijaw cause they won't let u steal there petrol.

u guys are hypocrite u accuse Nigeria of lumping different tribe together but u want to lump other minority tribe in ur biafra cause of oil,cause of this you osu Will remain the zoo

am sure u see against n/delta republic

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 22, 2017
devilson:
ss is not a tribe but in ur flat head u want other minority tribe to join igbo but this minority tribe cannot exist together as one.u are scared of ijaw cause they won't let u steal there petrol.

u guys are hypocrite u accuse Nigeria of lumping different tribe together but u want to lump other minority tribe in ur biafra cause of oil,cause of this you osu Will remain the zoo

am sure u see against n/delta republic

you are the one suffering from the One Nigeria chant...Biafra will be operated as a confederate state where all minorities will have their say..

Am sure u are from Ibadan or osun.....lol no need to explain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidential Candidate Speaks On Plans To Remove Obstacles To Investment / PPC Presidential Candidate Vows To Defeat Buhari, Atiku / Press Release By Former President Olusegun Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.