Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,775 members, 7,955,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:44 PM

Ultimate due process Test for the Yardua administration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ultimate due process Test for the Yardua administration (661 Views)

PDP Apologizes To Zakari Biu , Says His Reinstatement Followed Due Process / We’ll Follow Due Process To Punish Saraki, Others –APC / Buhari Killed These Ones By Firing Squad Without Due Process Nor Trial(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ultimate due process Test for the Yardua administration by KnowAll(m): 6:36pm On Nov 28, 2009
With the throes our nation is going through, the dileman of our sick President should be- re- addressed and re-examinined in the context of performance appraisal and practicality. It would appear from sources that the the President has lost the dignity and necessity accompined with ferrying oneself from point A to Point B, having read a report in which it was indicative that the President could not even walk to the Plane carrying
him out of the country in the dead of the Night. This is rather unfortunate and embarassing,  not that it is embarassing he cannot walk, but the fact that the President and his entourage had to result into berging into a foreign country as refugees without visas speaks volume.

Have they thought for a moment that the Saudis might not want to issue a visa to this scronger to power Yardua is fast becoming, his antics and stubboness might have infuriated the Saudi doctors just as did the Germans.

The thought that a President requires a Visa sent a shiver down my spine, how come diplomats dont need one, and the President who sanctions diplomatic Passport requires one. Something is amiss here, that story does not hold water, Yardua's pressboys think we are kindergatens, we might behave and pretend to be stupid in Nigeria but we are not daft.

The German doctors have already told him in a clear voice without mincing words, that he requires a comprehensive medical care, that will mean his inceration in an hospital for months on end, but our power drunk first lady will not want Yardua to take this option for reasons best known to her.

Now we are hearing whether it is rumours or fact, that some dark powerful forces in the North are urging the VP to resign his post so that a Northerner can be selected as President. This ploy is not on, If our constitution does not beleive a VP can become the President in case of any eventualities then the clause and post of the VP should be expunged from the constitution and the post of the VP banned.

What I dont get about these so called power brokers is how come it is ok for deputy Governors to become Governors in case of any eventualities and when it comes to the Presidency and the VP the rules has to change. There are 2 solutions to the present impasse, it is either the VP resigns and the office of the VP banned for ever not to be used again since having an ambition of taking over from your boss is not part of the Job description, we might as well do without that post,  the nation will be saving a lot of money if one were to consider the amount spent in retaining the VP in his office.

If on the other hand we still want the post of the VP to be relevant in our polity, then future Presidential Candidates should know that their VP's are President-in-waiting except if something extra-ordinary happens. If one were to take continuity as a factor, it makes sense for a President to have his 2 terms and if all is well his VP should also be made to run for the next 8 years if he wins the election.  That will create an agenda and development plan that will spans 16 years, of course assuming they one all 4 elections.

If the post of the VP is still relevant today as I write I will suggest the following:

1. The NASS should convene a meeting in which the physical condition of the president should be the bone of contention, if for any reason Mr President cannot manouver himself round his office let alone the Nation, then it is not demeaning, it is factual he should be persuaded to resign or voted out of office.

2. If the Executives in the FEC realise the chairman of their meeting is not able to address main issues affecting the nation, they too should fulfill their constitional duties.

3. If the Politicians dilly-dally on these for too long without making a firm decsion b4 it is too late the Miliatary boys will take advantage of the these avoidable impasse.

4. Our last VP should be President  but for his strong views and personalty and his no-nonesense stance with OBJ.

5. This VP has being loyal to his boss and should be compensated accordingly. The VP should start making his own in-roads in this administration, especially with regards to the personalties in the army, navy and airforce. I will not want to go into details about these, I am sure he understands my drift. I will expect him to. lipsrsealed
Re: Ultimate due process Test for the Yardua administration by KnowAll(m): 10:43am On Nov 29, 2009
I hope this administration will pass the ultimate rule of law or is it due process a word made popular by Mr President, if anything else Yardua will be remembered for reminding Nigerians that there is a word called due process in the English Language.

A word this administration anchored it policies, commniques, and general funtionality on. We see how it pans out in the weeks and months to come.
Re: Ultimate due process Test for the Yardua administration by SkyBlue1: 10:54am On Nov 29, 2009
KnowAll:

With the throes our nation is going through, the dileman of our sick President should be- re- addressed and re-examinined in the context of performance appraisal and practicality. It would appear from sources that the the President has lost the dignity and necessity accompined with ferrying oneself from point A to Point B, having read a report in which it was indicative that the President could not even walk to the Plane carrying
him out of the country in the dead of the Night. This is rather unfortunate and embarassing,  not that it is embarassing he cannot walk, but the fact that the President and his entourage had to result into berging into a foreign country as refugees without visas speaks volume.

Have they thought for a moment that the Saudis might not want to issue a visa to this scronger to power Yardua is fast becoming, his antics and stubboness might have infuriated the Saudi doctors just as did the Germans.

The thought that a President requires a Visa sent a shiver down my spine, how come diplomats dont need one, and the President who sanctions diplomatic Passport requires one. Something is amiss here, that story does not hold water, Yardua's pressboys think we are kindergatens, we might behave and pretend to be stupid in Nigeria but we are not daft.

The German doctors have already told him in a clear voice without mincing words, that he requires a comprehensive medical care, that will mean his inceration in an hospital for months on end, but our power drunk first lady will not want Yardua to take this option for reasons best known to her.

Now we are hearing whether it is rumours or fact, that some dark powerful forces in the North are urging the VP to resign his post so that a Northerner can be selected as President. This ploy is not on, If our constitution does not beleive a VP can become the President in case of any eventualities then the clause and post of the VP should be expunged from the constitution and the post of the VP banned.

What I dont get about these so called power brokers is how come it is ok for deputy Governors to become Governors in case of any eventualities and when it comes to the Presidency and the VP the rules has to change. There are 2 solutions to the present impasse, it is either the VP resigns and the office of the VP banned for ever not to be used again since having an ambition of taking over from your boss is not part of the Job description, we might as well do without that post,  the nation will be saving a lot of money if one were to consider the amount spent in retaining the VP in his office.

If on the other hand we still want the post of the VP to be relevant in our polity, then future Presidential Candidates should know that their VP's are President-in-waiting except if something extra-ordinary happens. If one were to take continuity as a factor, it makes sense for a President to have his 2 terms and if all is well his VP should also be made to run for the next 8 years if he wins the election.  That will create an agenda and development plan that will spans 16 years, of course assuming they one all 4 elections.

If the post of the VP is still relevant today as I write I will suggest the following:

1. The NASS should convene a meeting in which the physical condition of the president should be the bone of contention, if for any reason Mr President cannot manouver himself round his office let alone the Nation, then it is not demeaning, it is factual he should be persuaded to resign or voted out of office.

2. If the Executives in the FEC realise the chairman of their meeting is not able to address main issues affecting the nation, they too should fulfill their constitional duties.

3. If the Politicians dilly-dally on these for too long without making a firm decsion b4 it is too late the Miliatary boys will take advantage of the these avoidable impasse.

4. Our last VP should be President  but for his strong views and personalty and his no-nonesense stance with OBJ.

5. This VP has being loyal to his boss and should be compensated accordingly. The VP should start making his own in-roads in this administration, especially with regards to the personalties in the army, navy and airforce. I will not want to go into details about these, I am sure he understands my drift. I will expect him to. lipsrsealed

WOW. What and irony, in one post you completely contradict yourself like this? What a shame, you had some good ideas. If it is due process for the assembly to vote out Yar Adua (which is in order and should have happened a long time ago), it is also due process for the VP to take over. THAT, my friend, is the RULE OF LAW. So please do not drag such tenets through the mud anymore by claiming you know what they mean then desecrating them in thesame sentence. I am quite disappointed that you could so easily sink into the whole "North must have their eight years" trite. WHAT A SHAME; where in the constitution does it say that? Or are we now saying that the rule of law is now dependent on the rules that govern PDP and a "gentlemen's" agreement (gentlemen my foot) that the rest of the nation was not consulted about? How disappointing indeed. Apologies if you feel insulted but this is just irritating, people should stop using phrases like "due process" and "rule of law" if they can't comprehend what it means, the title of your post is misleading, please name it "Due Process and Rule of Law according to @Knowall"
Re: Ultimate due process Test for the Yardua administration by klarry79: 12:04pm On Nov 29, 2009
These guys have only just learnt the term 'due process'. they really do not know what it means.
they do not understand what governance and continuity of good governance requires. they are as dimwitted as the cow and goats in the field.
it beats me to see that even the 'educated' ones among them lose all sense of reasoning once they gather in their assembly. Due process is too much of grammar for them to even begin to comprehend. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Ultimate due process Test for the Yardua administration by KnowAll(m): 8:42pm On Nov 29, 2009
WOW. What and irony, in one post you completely contradict yourself like this? What a shame, you had some good ideas. If it is due process for the assembly to vote out Yar Adua (which is in order and should have happened a long time ago), it is also due process for the VP to take over. THAT, my friend, is the RULE OF LAW. So please do not drag such tenets through the mud anymore by claiming you know what they mean then desecrating them in thesame sentence. I am quite disappointed that you could so easily sink into the whole "North must have their eight years" trite. WHAT A SHAME; where in the constitution does it say that? Or are we now saying that the rule of law is now dependent on the rules that govern PDP and a "gentlemen's" agreement (gentlemen my foot) that the rest of the nation was not consulted about? How disappointing indeed. Apologies if you feel insulted but this is just irritating, people should stop using phrases like "due process" and "rule of law" if they can't comprehend what it means, the title of your post is misleading, please name it "Due Process and Rule of Law according to @Knowall"

Point 5, of my write up is a classified docs for the vp eyes only since I cannot get to him personally, I decided to post it here, Nairalanders should not really comment on that point. They say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, the beholder in this context knows what I am talking about and can possibly do something about it.

What can you do about point 5, are u in a position to make things happen, if not disregard that point and pretend u did not see it, those that it concerns I am sure they have understand my Lingo. To reterate again point 5 is a rejoinder of the Original article which ends at point 4 and is for some specific eyes.

(1) (Reply)

Any New Development Concerning Soludo? / Would-be Nigerian Bomber Known As A Threat For Two Years / Tinubu V Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.