Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) (5394 Views)

Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa / See Itel Phones 2020 With Fingerprint And Prices And Their Specification. / Gionee X1 Comes With 4G, Fingerprint And Dual Flash At Low Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by Tecmobs(m): 9:08pm On Jan 22, 2017
There are currently 3(three) Tecno phones with fingerprint reader and 5(five) with the Iris scanner, Recently many mobile brands has adopted the use of fingerprint and iris scanner on their mobile devices this is really a big step and i must say that it has increased security by 99%.

The first Tecno phone to feature the fingerprint reader Technology was the Tecno Phnaton 5 which was lunched September 2015, the second was the Phantom 6 Plus lunched September 2016 and lastly the Tecno W5 which became available on November 2016.

N.B: Tecno Camon C9 was the first Tecno Phones to Feature the Iris Scanner Technology followed by the Camon C7 and the Camon C9 pro respectively, other Tecno phones accompanied with this technology are the Phantom 6 and Phanton 6 plus.

View Full Post: http://www.tecnomobiles.com/2017/01/tecno-phones-with-fingerprint-and-iris-scanner.html

Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by Techm8: 9:23pm On Jan 22, 2017
In this day of hacking and stuff, having a phone with this much security is paramount.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by Tiffbuxas: 9:57pm On Jan 22, 2017
Fingerprints are not as secure as you think iris seems better... But I wouldn't risk my eyes on tecno

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by djtommy(m): 12:56pm On Jan 23, 2017
Tiffbuxas:
Fingerprints are not as secure as you think iris seems better... But I wouldn't risk my eyes on tecno

grin
Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by Techm8: 2:45pm On Jan 23, 2017
Tiffbuxas:
Lol... this is actually funny.
You can't risk your eyes with Tecno but you can risk it with other brands?

This is how it works. The iris scanner authenticates users by looking at vein patterns formed by blood vessels in the whites of the eye.
So where's the risk here

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by Opistorincos(m): 2:49pm On Jan 23, 2017
Techm8:

This is how it works. The iris scanner authenticates users by looking at vein patterns formed by blood vessels in the whites of the eye.
So where's the risk here

You don't get the joke, if you watch American movies, you'll realize they cut off people's hands in order to have access to the finger print protected materials, same goes with iris scanner

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by Techm8: 2:54pm On Jan 23, 2017
Opistorincos:

You don't get the joke, if you watch American movies, you'll realize they cut off people's hands in order to have access to the finger print protected materials, same goes with iris scanner
I get the joke alright.
It's a "phone" you're protecting not a bank vault or or CIA classifieds. grin

4 Likes

Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by Opistorincos(m): 2:57pm On Jan 23, 2017
Techm8:

I get the joke alright.

People are being stabbed right at their throat just to get their torch Lite phones, imagine what'll happen if it's an high end device

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by excanny: 8:56pm On Jan 23, 2017
Techm8:
In this day of hacking and stuff, having a phone with this much security is paramount.

I couldn't agree less with you.
Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by Abdstrakt(m): 9:57pm On Jan 23, 2017
The iris scanner is equally as effective as the fingerprint scanner if not more. It's good to see that Tecno are taking users privacy and security very serious. Long may it continue

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by Techm8: 10:03pm On Jan 23, 2017
The W5 is a fine phone sha. Is there a cheaper phone with a fingerprint scanner I'm Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by omoalajah(m): 10:06pm On Jan 23, 2017
Really handful. very much needed.
Techm8:
Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by datyorubaboy: 10:27pm On Jan 23, 2017
The use of the IRIS scanner is conditional. You have to be in a well lit environment for proper functioning. Fingerprint is great for me
Abdstrakt:
The iris scanner is equally as effective as the fingerprint scanner if not more. It's good to see that Tecno are taking users privacy and security very serious. Long may it continue
Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by missslimzy(f): 10:47pm On Jan 23, 2017
I will always prefer Fingerprint grin The iRis scanner is wahala jare and will not work under some conditions
Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by oscillation55(m): 11:13pm On Jan 23, 2017
Fingerprint all the way
Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by Abdstrakt(m): 8:53am On Jan 24, 2017
datyorubaboy:
The use of the IRIS scanner is conditional. You have to be in a well lit environment for proper functioning. Fingerprint is great for me
True that.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 25, 2017
Iris scanner seems better but having both security features on your phone is way better. It reduces case of theft and protects your data.
Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by tafat: 6:39pm On Jan 27, 2017
Thats a very huge step for the brand, tecno na baba
Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by daphid25(m): 12:47pm On Jan 28, 2017
Tiffbuxas:
But can risk your eye in Infinix innit?
Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by Tiffbuxas: 10:40pm On Jan 28, 2017
daphid25:

But can risk your eye in Infinix innit?
nah infinix know say we no trust them with our eyes na why dem dey make Fingerprints scanners
Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by Behankey(m): 10:53am On Jan 29, 2017
All these features are security conscious ones. I prefer the finger print sensor though. And its good to see Tecno adding this to a couple of their phones.
Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by scarycuteface(m): 11:48am On Jan 29, 2017
Abdstrakt:
Yeah, security wise, Tecno has improved to be honest. Inculcating these features into their phones is indeed something great.
Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by scarycuteface(m): 11:56am On Jan 29, 2017
Great features. And good use of technology advancement by Tecno. I want to see a combination of both features in a device soon. I'm sure it will be cool.
Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by hoover420: 12:44pm On Jan 29, 2017
can the iris scanner work perfectly at night?
Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by Freelancerx: 1:17pm On Jan 29, 2017
hoover420:
can the iris scanner work perfectly at night?
under good light conditions, yeah. That's why the finger print scanner is slightly better. A combination of both will be perfect.
Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by kesses: 7:02am On Feb 02, 2017
Techm8:
yes security is at maximum
Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by kesses: 7:04am On Feb 02, 2017
Tiffbuxas:
why did u say that
Or do u share finger print with someone else

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by kesses: 7:05am On Feb 02, 2017
Techm8:

So where's the risk here
I tire ooo
Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by kesses: 7:06am On Feb 02, 2017
Opistorincos:

oh
But that is only in the movies
Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by kesses: 7:07am On Feb 02, 2017
Techm8:

I get the joke alright.
lol
Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by kesses: 7:11am On Feb 02, 2017
Opistorincos:

People are being stabbed right at their throat just to get their torch Lite phones, imagine what'll happen if it's an high end device
I have never heard of that case before
Re: Tecno Phones Featuring Fingerprint And Iris Scanner Technology (images) by kesses: 7:12am On Feb 02, 2017
Abdstrakt:
amen

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Airtel Android Bundle. 4gb For 2k / FULL Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Review!!! / Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.